• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
so I took a look at the smash4 section to see how long the krool thread was and noticed the geno one only got to page 96, oof those were dark times

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
So uh, *cough* I have something to announce... *taps microphone* Sabi's source has just confirmed in the last minute that the starling is, in fact, a hint of something that's coming. That is all.
Please be Geno, please be Geno...

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
So uh, *cough* I have something to announce... *taps microphone* Sabi's source has just confirmed in the last minute that the starling is, in fact, a hint of something that's coming. That is all.
RED ALERT: we've entered full-on hype mode

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
hold up what?! so do we know anything else like when or where? or what does last minute mean?! so many questions and emotions

Necro Toad

Smash Apprentice
Hello Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , I've been out of loop for a while and maybe missed some information. Do we have any previous confirmation that the starling thing is SSBU related?

D

Deleted member

Is he coming home????
Screenshot_20190610-204809_Twitter.jpg

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
Gonna hijack this post to let you all know that there might be the possibility that the type of bird has no connection to the hint. As many have tried, I attempted to look through the net for the source of the image, and came back with nothing. Something would have had to come up, but the only results tied back to posts talking about the image in relation to the hint. My :??: deduction skills as a detective :??: tell me that Sabi's source took the photo themselves.

uhhhh ok what that mean????
If Sabi's source took the photo, there's a low chance that they were trying to find this bird in particular. European Starlings are native to Europe, but have become an invasive species in many other countries. The hint is most likely more vague than we thought.

D

Deleted member

It's so hard to not get my hopes up currently. No Mii Costume, Starling picture and it being confirmed to mean something, Music takedowns (May or may not mean something), All the Geno hints throughout the past year and more like the Anniversary tweet, Geno being talked about around NoA and it not being the Mii Costume, Sabi's source saying something may be up with Geno, The Trivia question in a trivia show sponsored by Nintendo, Etc.

So much stuff has been coming out recently and it's so hard to not get a little hope even though I know I should keep my expectations tempered.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
We did it gamers

D

Deleted member

Imagine that my pipe dream actually happens and they add Geno to Smash with the help of a surprise presence of the character in the Mario animated movie as an excuse, lol.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
I have a moral quandary for you all. There's a button you can press, it will ensure that geno not only gets in, but subsequently will never be cut from future installments. The price you pay, however is that you can never play smash bros again. Will you press the button?

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I have a moral quandary for you all. There's a button you can press, it will ensure that geno not only gets in, but subsequently will never be cut from future installments. The price you pay, however is that you can never play smash bros again. Will you press the button?
I would make that sacrifice for you guys.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yes undoubtedly. Even if I can't play Geno I'm still glad others can and I'd still be able to look forward to others playing the character in tournament and in streams.

Heck one of the reasons I want Geno in this game specifically is cause I want to see Nairo who is one of my favorite Smash players play him in his Streams so even if I can't play him and will never get to play him at least others like you all can be happy and I can still watch people play him.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Gonna hijack this post to let you all know that there might be the possibility that the type of bird has no connection to the hint. As many have tried, I attempted to look through the net for the source of the image, and came back with nothing. Something would have had to come up, but the only results tied back to posts talking about the image in relation to the hint. My :??:deduction skills as a detective :??:tell me that Sabi's source took the photo themselves.

uhhhh ok what that mean????
If Sabi's source took the photo, there's a low chance that they were trying to find this bird in particular. European Starlings are native to Europe, but have become an invasive species in many other countries. The hint is most likely more vague than we thought.
We've actually gone over this in this thread but they're actually really, really common, especially the United States.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
And that's all they said?

We've actually gone over this in this thread but they're actually really, really common, especially the United States.
I believe that was the point of their post. That starlings are so common that the species may not have mattered.

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
while I could wax about the possible loopholes the offer has I would happily press it if ever geno's chances were to hit rock bottom, I think the possibility of him entering naturally if not in ultimate then smash 6 is too high to make such a gamble.

MemeSaucy

Smash Cadet
A small price to pay for Salvation

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
The hint is most likely more vague than we thought.
The other ones haven't really been all that vague. The first thing you see in Link's Awakening and a cartoon bear and witch.

T2by4

Smash Lord
STARLING CONFIRMED FOR SMASH. STARLINGBROS GET IN HERE, WE MADE IT.

D

Deleted member

Like I¨ve always says. Expect the worse, hope for the best...
Yep that's exactly what I'm trying to do but it's so hard when everyone around me is getting so hyped and excited and things are looking really good for the dude. I need to temper my expectations regardless and I'll always try to do that.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
And that's all they said?

I believe that was the point of their post. That starlings are so common that the species may not have mattered.
Yep. Something that will be announced and, based on past hints, this heavily entails in a Direct. The species may not matter but, again, we don't know but seeing his past hints I feel like it's deliberate somehow.

D

Deleted member

Square: Here's the deal Sakurai, we let you add Geno as a promotion for his role in the Mario animated movie.

Sakurai: Sure, "a promotion" :4pacman:

Square: then done, you can add Geno.

Square leaves the room

Sakurai makes a jump of excitement

Sakurai: AT LAST

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Square: Here's the deal Sakurai, we let you add Geno as a promotion for his role in the Mario animated movie.

Square leaves the room

You know, having the Mario animated movie be based off SMRPG, the first Mario game to have a story heavy plot, would actually be a rather smart idea. Imagine some things would have to be cut because of length and pacing.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master

Square leaves the room

Day before Geno goes into production for Base Smash Ultimate:

Square: AS A SPIRIT

Sakurai: ****, but you said...

Square: We are altering the deal, pray we don't alter it any further. Cloud doesn't really have to be in base game... now does he?

Defeated Sakurai: ...as a Spirit then...

I don't ascribe to Square Enix as the big bad for Geno's chances in Smash, but it's occasionally fun to pretend they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom