• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Genesis Results and Shoutouts - Full Results and Payouts UP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
i have a question maybe its a mistake or something or i missed something i just watched the mango/Armada videos and it went to game 5 and armada won, but it says mango won on the 1st page here?

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Haha. I'm glad I'm not the only one who associated Rocky III with Armada's visit to the U.S.A.

Ivan Drago = Armada.

Apollo Creed = Everyone except for Mango.
Hahaha I made the exact same reference!!! That and bloodsport with Van Dam and his friend. His friend being everyone else.

Oh and it was Rocky IV that had Ivan Drago, not III.

It was sad to witness actually. First up to bat on the projector was Lunin, and you wanted him so desperately to win. But alas he loses.

Then Lucky steps up. And after watching Jman tell him how to win by jumping backwards and shooting an invisible gun with his hand, you get your hopes high! Lucky starts off strong, but in the last match he was helpless.

And then, SHIZ. He stepped on stage and gave everyone a look. It was not the cocky "I'm going to win" lookm but more of the "Don't Worry. Everything will be alright" look. When he lost, everyone was sad. I swear the entire state of florida started crying over that one. Half the US started crying and the other half was waiting their turn to cry.

But then the music que appeared in all of our heads. And Mew2King stepped up. And boy did he jump straight in there. A solid victory in the first match. Even when his marth was just walking it seemed to move faster then even CF! Yet something happened, and M2K was figured out. Mistakes started coming and sure enough, he lost. Like in ROcky IV, Apollo was just killed by the hands of the European (Russian in the movie). No one said a word except those cheering for Armada. Was this even possible?

And lastly Mango. Americas Champ. He shrugged and gave the "I got this" smile to everyone. This was the match. The one person who could easily defeat Armada right? WRONG! And like in Rocky III, his lack of a challenge as of late must have left him weak. He fought hard and well, but Armada came out on top.

Alas Grand Finals came up. The moment we all were waiting for. The rematch. But unlike Rocky III this was not a one sided fight. No it was close. Too close. (until the last match, that was pretty one sided).

And Americas Champ reigns supreme.

Good job Mango. And good job Armada for being the one to push Mango so hard and proving Europes worth.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Hahaha I made the exact same reference!!! That and bloodsport with Van Dam and his friend. His friend being everyone else.

It was sad to witness actually. First up to bat on the projector was Lunin, and you wanted him so desperately to win. But alas he loses.

Then Lucky steps up. And after watching Jman tell him how to win by jumping backwards and shooting an invisible gun with his hand, you get your hopes high! Lucky starts off strong, but in the last match he was helpless.

And then, SHIZ. He stepped on stage and gave everyone a look. It was not the cocky "I'm going to win" lookm but more of the "Don't Worry. Everything will be alright" look. When he lost, everyone was sad. I swear the entire state of florida started crying over that one. Half the US started crying and the other half was waiting their turn to cry.

But then the music que appeared in all of our heads. And Mew2King stepped up. And boy did he jump straight in there. A solid victory in the first match. Even when his marth was just walking it seemed to move faster then even CF! Yet something happened, and M2K was figured out. Mistakes started coming and sure enough, he lost. Like in ROcky IV, Apollo was just killed by the hands of the European (Russian in the movie). No one said a word except those cheering for Armada. Was this even possible?

And lastly Mango. Americas Champ. He shrugged and gave the "I got this" smile to everyone. This was the match. The one person who could easily defeat Armada right? WRONG! And like in Rocky III, his lack of a challenge as of late must have left him weak. He fought hard and well, but Armada came out on top.

Alas Grand Finals came up. The moment we all were waiting for. The rematch. But unlike Rocky III this was not a one sided fight. No it was close. Too close. (until the last match, that was pretty one sided).

And Americas Champ reigns supreme.

Good job Mango. And good job Armada for being the one to push Mango so hard and proving Europes worth.
This post is amazing. I want to keep it forever.

Atlus8

Smash Master
You guys made Rocky references at Genesis too! Hahaha! I had this talk with Mango back at the hotel!

I started thinking about Rocky III during Grand Finals in the first set! All the fame that Mango has finally got to his head and lost in winners finals! Armada seemed untouchable at that point! It wasn't until Grand Finals that Mango had to make an epic comeback!

PHIL07

Smash Journeyman
I didnt give anyshout outs!
MY BAD!
I <3 everyone!
i was pleasure seeing/ meeting everyone!
you guys are great
<3

espically scar now were friends =)

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Stomps? Raptor boosts? I wish Jeff did those things when I played him with Ganon. All he did against me was nair and uair lol.
That's because you have to learn how to punish it. Punish his nair with a spaced back fist or uair in his face.. and punish uair with a spaced Fair.. the matchup is very rock paper scissors... and also the most important thing in that matchup is DI PROPERLY.. which is hard. Generally DI down against Nairs and Uairs. But careful with knees lol, if you DI down that it's done like in that match.. I didn't expect a 2nd knee and I got ***** for it. =)

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace

I fail. :(

I've seen that film so many times and I can't believe I forgot.

Speaking of Rocky III, Aramda in set 2 of Grand Finals certainly = Clubber Lang in second match against Rocky.

JFox

Smash Hero
Alukard: ``Kage you´re gonna smoke?!´´

Kage (w/ awesome accent): ``Why the fvck not...´´

This is now what I think of whenever I think of Kage. :) What a warrior spirit

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
My boy Kage is so fly, I was on the phone with Jesus and clicked over to see what he wanted!

Who else is so manly that they carry around a sword the first day of the tourney!? No one. I tried doing a card trick to him and he scared the card and made it fly out of the deck (true story. Will show in person at Pound 4).

An excerpt from The Alphabet opf Manliness (written by Maddox) about Chuck Norris but replaced with Kage:

"If you don't know who Kage is, he's the world champion in Taekwondo, Jujutsu, kickboxing, karate, sumo wreslting, tae bo, pad thai, Street Fighter II, and he holds a certificate of participation in the national spelling bee. Kage has no weaknesses. He is the ultimate fighting machine. One time a big shot movie producer approached Kage with a screenplay starring him versus King Kong, Gidorah, Dracula, Satan, Charles Bronson, and that Russian boxer from Rocky IV. The movie was never made though because studios felt that it was too farfetched, since nobody but nobody stands a chance against Kage".

Now excuse me while I go wipe the brown off my nose :p

tw1n

Smash Champion
Where there is love, there is hate too? lol..
And laughter. Gotta dig that laughter. Remeber, you can't spell Slaughter without Laughter hahaha.

Kage takes "THE" out of psychotherapist lol.

His only weakness is to my puff. As we all baired (pun) witness to in our room at the post tourney tournament lol. Ha! You shall always remember that one sided fist fight Kage!!! Hahahaa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom