• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Genesis Results and Shoutouts - Full Results and Payouts UP

Status
Not open for further replies.

L__

Smash Master
This is off-topic and rather far-fetched...but G or Gus, if you guys see this message, PM me? I didn't get a chance to say bye :/.

If anyone knows their contact info, hit me up.
Like the DDR discussion is on topic. :D

Speaking of DDR, ... I use the bar. So fun.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
real men dont use the bar

(i dont use the bar)

A MAN STANDS ON HIS OWN TWO FEET! lol
Lol I will play all of you then without the bar and still pass any son on Heavy you throw at me :p

Real men don't **** the bar. But occasionally using it isn't so bad. If you use it on anything 9 ft or easier then its pretty depressing. But dude on any max O.o

JFox

Smash Hero
hey JFox, I hear you like Starcraft. Good times to be a Jaedong fan mirite!?
I watch starcraft like a sports fan :laugh: I dont actually play at all, although i used to scrub in up back in like 03'. Jaedong's is the overmind. :)

Ive always wished Melee commentary would be more like SC commentary. SC commentary totally enhances the watching experience, while melee commentary usually is annoying kids trying to be funny.

pockyD

Smash Legend
melee doesn't have the depth of starcraft

in starcraft, there are often tens->hundreds of things going on at once, whereas in smash, there are usually two, sometimes even just one

there's simply not that much to talk about

TP

Smash Master
Someone give me a link to a vid of a good, RECENT Starcraft match please. I haven't followed it in forever.

:034:

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I main zerg as well. of the Smash players that I've played there's been a fairly healthy balance of the three races. Off the top of my head:

Zergs: Eggm, Me, Cactuar
Toss: ThumbsWayUp, Plank, Reno, Sensei, Velocity
Terran: Alphican, Smoke2Jointz, Pakman, WoZ
Random: PockyD

yoshq

Smash Master
By the way guys, the security at the event was a failure I think, because I was able to take my wii out the second day to play some friendlies at the hotel, then bring it back without question... and it could have been someone elses' wii very easily. Also 2 of my controllers were stolen, but of course that's just the douches that were attending.

L__

Smash Master
Maybe you guys would like to play SC sometime.

I have a legit key.

Or we could just Hamachi it.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
If anybody has any ideas for security at pound 4 please PM me and let me know. I wanna make sure no wii's are lost, but am not quite sure how to do it without hiring a million people and ****** finances, lol. I have some rough ideas but any suggestions are good too

★J.G WentWorth★

Smash Champion
If anybody has any ideas for security at pound 4 please PM me and let me know. I wanna make sure no wii's are lost, but am not quite sure how to do it without hiring a million people and ****** finances, lol. I have some rough ideas but any suggestions are good too
I know that for S.N.E.S you have to Register you setup BEFORE you get to the venue and they tell you where your Wii is going to be setup BEFORE you even get there. Also you need the ID they give you to setup your wii And take it with you, so that's pretty legit.

Edit: Here's the quote

YOU MUST EMAIL ME AT Systems@GameUniCon.com to bring your system.

You must Register for the convention before we can accept your setup.

Email me your

Name:

Email Address:

Phone Number:

You will receive a conformation email with your station number where your system will be setup.

You will need an ID to set up and to take your system home.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Whobo also had a pretty good set up except for the no big bags thing/ leave them at the door. That was a hassle. But it was effective.

Basically you signed in and the labled your Wii/controller/everything with tape and a sharpie. So if your ID didnt match the stuff you were taking out then you were SOL.

Maybe bag inspections when leaving/entering would work. But that would take some volunteers.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Whoa. Late post-tourney shout!

Great tournament, even if it was a ***** to get to. That cabbie from Pittsburg/Bay Point made soooo much ****ing money ><"

Much wubs to all I met and played! I wish I could have stayed longer at the tourney! And thx for enjoying my photos!

Yeah I'm a badass photographer

Arrogant

Smash Journeyman
Official Genesis Results!
July 10-12th, 2009
Hosted by DBR

LIVESTREAM - http://www.ustream.tv/channel/genesis-finals

Melee Singles - Total Entrants 290 - Officially the Biggest Melee Tournament Ever
1. Mango - Jigglypuff/Falco - $2,280
2. Armada - Peach - $1,425
3. Hungrybox - Jigglypuff - $855
4. Zhu - Falco/Fox - $570
5. Mew2King - Marth/Sheik - $228
6. Scar - Falcon - $171
7. Darkrain - Falcon - $114
8. Hax - Falcon - $57
9 Pink Shinobi - Peach
9 Raistlin - Jigglypuff
9 Lambchops - Falco
9 Dashizwiz - Falco/Fox
17: Cactuar - Marth/Fox

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
I main zerg as well. of the Smash players that I've played there's been a fairly healthy balance of the three races. Off the top of my head:

Zergs: Eggm, Me, Cactuar
Toss: ThumbsWayUp, Plank, Reno, Sensei, Velocity
Terran: Alphican, Smoke2Jointz, Pakman, WoZ
Random: PockyD
Add me to the Zergs!

I'm noob though!

Arrogant

Smash Journeyman
That's how it is man.. =P You can't have your boy on top all the time.. And I know many people were cheering me on too, but you know.. not everyone can win. =P
Well that ain't too bad considering how many folks entered. Well that and the fact that when it's me and Cactuar, I like him as a bottom (<3). He should be somewhat used to taking it like that. He's still my baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom