• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GENESIS July 10th-12th. ALL NEW INFO ON THE FIRST PAGE! TWITTER INFORMATION!! 7/7/09

joeplicate

Smash Master
but when you're older you can think better and play with teh smarts!

overall I think being younger is better (as long as you can travel) because you have more time to devote to the game

read: high school

PolMex23

Smash Champion
I meant to make fun of him not praise him for being young.

Nice misread. Also, go ahead an make yourself look like an *** bro. E Thugs are just a bunch of ******s anyways. Holla at me during genesis, then we will see whos dumb.

Fungus Amongus

Smash Apprentice
yessss

$10 my sheik your falcon

what is your gamer tag? where are you from? don't want you flaking out...

joeplicate

Smash Master
I meant to make fun of him not praise him for being young.

Nice misread. Also, go ahead an make yourself look like an *** bro. E Thugs are just a bunch of ******s anyways. Holla at me during genesis, then we will see whos dumb.
whoa wtf HAHA

calm down bro, I wasn't making a personal attack on you

but I'll MM you at genesis, if you take the effort to find me
of course, that won't happen, but I'm willing to should the circumstances present themselves

Lovage

Smash Hero
no because i'll be at ELMER MIN's house
jealous much?

what about friday
actually ross and gishnak are most likely coming to my house friday night so we'll see what happens (smashfest inc.?)

Fungus Amongus

Smash Apprentice
lol this doesnt involve you joe xD

an my name is the tag, i have no recent vids.

sure, 10

shiek vs c falc
polmex23? sounds like a random name if i ever heard one...

you sure you going to this? are you from pittsburgh pa?

genesis is gonna be pretty big... how am i gonna find you

PolMex23

Smash Champion
ill be hanging out with Florida...

ROckcrock, Hbox, Queen, Shiz, (derf is interested) Collin, you know them.

Im from Fl, an only known cuz of brawl. But, dont worry, the falcon will give you a run for your money. It will be def ready for genesis.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
ill be hanging out with Norcal...

Germ, SilentSpectre, LunInSpectra, Falcomist, (Shroomed is interested) Home Made Waffles, you know them.

Im from CA, an only known cuz I talk loud. But, dont worry, the Peach will give you a run for your money. It will be def ready for genesis.

Of course, for all you know, I could be lying.

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
the first time i saw alan in real life

he sdi'd a falcon stomp just off the edge

wicked di

straight into the ledge and teched it

everyone **** themselves

then he said it was an accident LOL

PolMex23

Smash Champion
ill be hanging out with Norcal...

Germ, SilentSpectre, LunInSpectra, Falcomist, (Shroomed is interested) Home Made Waffles, you know them.

Im from CA, an only known cuz I talk loud. But, dont worry, the Peach will give you a run for your money. It will be def ready for genesis.

Of course, for all you know, I could be lying.
I like you humor bro, for real.

I was born in Pasedena, Cali.

I moved when I was little though. But I love Fl, for all its worth. Theres no drama in this, just a MM xD

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
I like you humor bro, for real.

I was born in Pasedena, Cali.

I moved when I was little though. But I love Fl, for all its worth. Theres no drama in this, just a MM xD
Why would you wanna live in place with no drama, thats just asking to be boring.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Thats why we all mostly chill...

Just chill people, avoiding drama, just havin fun.

Different areas bro. Ny an Cali, hot spots. Live cities, fake girls, whores everywhere(not like we dont have em) Clubs the size of texas...

Miami is like that, so is FSU... You know what I mean.

One part of me loves the city life...but Im so used to Florida life now.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Or you could look outside the box, try to find a down to earth chick.

Boring =/= Chill broskie.

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
idk how so many people come in here from out of region

and are shocked at friendly disses from their home area

and dont really realize that no one actually cares about not-pac west

nublet06

Smash Lord
just throwing this out there as an idea.

Racial crew battles.

white vs blacks vs asians vs latinos.

a friendly competition of course but it would be interesting to see who wins.

im doing it at my little ****ty tournament the 25th and thought it would be cool if the best players of each race were actually involved.

im completely not racist at all btw.

but of course we all REALLY wanna see east coast vs west coast so this should only be done if we somehow have oodles of extra time.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Well i guess its the opposite for anyone but yall.

Whats up with all the hate lol? ****, yall trippin. Smoke more cali dro we dyin for that down here anyways...

Well, good day guys. Just wanted to post some shiz, got shatted on by more important cool non lame people idk what to say I just feel so hated on lol.

xD, good day. Ill just smoke my crappy mids an chill wit my boring friends an play smash an ****.

Im so confused the hate so strong sooo strong =(

sidefx

Smash Champion
aaallllllllllllllright.

time to put some speculations, rumors, hopes and everything else you guys want to know to rest.

ill do my best to answer your questions in this post.. as there are many more to come so if you dont get your answers they will be answered in the near future.

The so called "genesis" ball is rolling down hill and gaining speed as we speak, and things are beginning to become more hectic everyday.

first off..

I is first and foremost our priority, duty, and responsibility to finish this tournament ON TIME.
We will have to make cuts, changes, and alter the tournament and tweak it back and forth for the sake of the tournament finishing on time, at whatever cost it may be... WHAT that cost is.. all depends on how many people show up.

Housing:

So a few months back, we had announced some hotel deals and were very close to posting up some prices and the hotel we were going to use as the "official" genesis hotel. After negotiating prices, and waiting for the OK from them to put up the info for everyone to book their rooms, the management basically fell off the map, and we couldnt get in contact with them about the hotel deals and what not.

We had gone around some more hotels around the area, and finally got a price deal with another hotel closer to the venue. We are in talks with a few more around the same area as well as the first initial hotel we had talked to. Booking info for those hotels should be up within the week.

Ramada Inn
2436 Mohogany Way, Antioch CA 94509
Phone: (925) 754-6600
Fax: (925) 754-6828

We basically... have the whole hotel to us.. IF you get the reservations in early and book the rooms. As far as how many to a room.. the manager told us "just dont let us know how many you have in the room and we'll be fine." SO... basically she told us to lie to them.. so you wont get charged more per person.

Rooms:

• [*]Single: $52.00 USD (One Queen sized bed)
    [*]Double: $62.00 USD (Two Queen sized beds)
    [*]Executive: $62.00 USD (One queen sized bed and a pull out couch)
    [*]Suite: $78.00 USD (One King sized bed, cough, bar/kitchen, lots of floor space)

Must be 18 or older to reserve a room over the phone.

If you do not have a credit card, it is a $200.00 USD deposit to reserve a room, that you will get back, after they check the room prior to checking out.

If someone else is paying for your hotel room, and is NOT showing up with you at the hotel, you MUST have them fax a copy of their ID card, and their credit card.

FOR THE SPECIAL RATES, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU SAY YOU ARE FROM GENESIS, OR ELSE YOU WILL NOT GET THE QUOTED PRICES ABOVE.

Pools and brackets:

Ive gone through and read some of the worries you all have about how many make it out, how many pools, how many per pool, how many in the bracket.

This is ALL relative to how many people are actually showing up. We have many different scenarios that we have run through in order to be most efficient, effective, and fair.

We are not here to jip you from your tournament experience.. but PLEASE keep in mind the number of people who are expected to show up to this event. It is very hard to keep everyone pleased, and to keep everyone on the same page about everything that is going on.

So obviously, when you see almost 750 people registered for this tournament, and you're still expecting 3 rounds of pools, with top 4 advanced in each to a 128 man bracket for 4 events.. you either must be smoking something, or on some sort of prescripted drug.

What we want to do.. what were aiming to, what we think is the most efficient and time saving as possible, and most reasonable, is this:

64 initial 1st round pools
2 rounds of pools MAX
6-7 in each
top 2-3 advance in each
32-64 man bracket

now i know non of that really adds up.. but thats the general game plan. Things will vary from it one way or another, depending on how many people show up, and actually attend.

Prices and Payment:

We have also decided that payment for the events will be separated into its own payment options. People have been complaining that the prices are too high, and that we should lower them. Well, we are sorry but the prices will remain what they are, and honestly, we think its very fair, and very standardized.

We have set up a payment account through Patelco Credit Union for receiving payments. Payment for the tournament will be available May 1st. We will be using PayPal for the online payment. Further details on how to pay will come very shortly.

ONLINE PAYMENT FOR GENESIS WILL BE MANDATORY

Why? Not only does it make it more convenient but.. it will also save time and add more time for the tournament to finish on time, security (we dont want that much money on site available for some psycho to hold us up at gun point), we can schedule events better, since we get an exact number of people showing up to the tournament, which in turn again saves more time and lets us manage the events a lot better, it also lets us seed the pools as best as it possibly can, since we dont have to hope people are showing up in certain pools, so you wont have one pool with 3 people, and another with 8 or so, then we'd have to redo some pools on site, which would in turn slow down the tournament.

IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS PAYING ONLINE, PLEASE CONTACT US THROUGH THE FOLLOWING EMAIL.

genesis@norcalsmash.com

Prices:
  • Venue Fee: $20.00 USD - MANDATORY (discounts for bringing equipment will be addressed at a later date)
  • Spectator Fee: $5.00 USD per person that is NOT entering the tournament, but wants to be allowed inside.
Melee:
  • Singles: $20.00 USD
  • Doubles: $15.00 USD (per person)
Brawl:
  • Singles: $20.00 USD
  • Doubles: $15.00 USD (per person)

We may have to be forced to cap this tournament due to how many people and the amount of interest we have received from everyone. If we do end up capping the tournament to a set number, first priority will go out to people who are coming in from out of country, then to others who have already booked their flights. This is only fair due to the fact that a lot of people have already scheduled Genesis as their reason to go on vacation and explore some of northern california, and to go to San Francisco, and the other surrounding cities near by.
We will update you with further info as soon as we see how many people will be paying online, since a lot of people have stated they might not be coming to genesis but still registered anyways.

I just want to stress how important it is for everyone.. and i mean EVERYONE... to fully understand the sheer scale of this event. We will need everyone to cooperate 150% with us in order for this tournament to finish on time, and for it to be a success. We have been to plenty of tournaments, and we fully know what to except as far as people not cooperating.. since we have all been guilty of it atleast once. (staying on tvs when youre not supposed to, attending your pools matches and not postponing them, not showing up on time, holding up pools cause youre busy eating, hoping onto a free tv to get a few friendlies in before someone needs it again) we all know what they are, just.. please cooperate with us, and make this the best smash experience ever.

More info will be posted in the following days.

and i promise you......

this......

will........

be........

****ING..

EPIC.......

pockyD

Smash Legend
Pools will not be ran in order. And by this i mean.. 1-64 straight down the line. They will be randomly picked, into 3 sets of pools, 1 set at a time. This way, it will keep everyone on their toes, and not have people disappear all day, because they are in pool 64. So for example, 1st set of pools will have like pools: 1, 3, 48, 27, 49, 18, 23. etc etc. We will also set a time for people to be back when we announced second set of pools.
seems to me that with 700 people in the venue, you might actually be better off if you encouraged people to consider 'disappearing' if their pool won't be playing for another 4 hours

playing pools in random order really just adds complexity and confusion; you may as well re-number the pools before you announce them

Top Bottom