• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GENESIS July 10th-12th. ALL NEW INFO ON THE FIRST PAGE! TWITTER INFORMATION!! 7/7/09

malva00

Smash Master
I just bought round trip BART tickets for $9. took me a while to find a good deal

so who's picking me up?

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
i need to find some people who want to bet on shroomed
i bet superradbrian 5 bucks that adam would lose again but only because i felt awkward about taking his money before we had even met irl
5 or 10 on P
and who will give me fair odds that p wins 3-1

Watty

Smash Lord
i look at this and get so pumped but how can u be sure that this is gonna hve a huge melee turn out.

I didnt see if u could just pay for melee or brawl and I understand the not splitting there stuff gets to complicated at such a large event so that doesnt bother me butwith melee tournies have low turn outs how can u be confident that ppl are gonna travel for this?

I would have to go cross country which ive done before im just curious as towhy you think ur gonna get melee players over on hte EC to come over like they have before? Or are u expecting massive WC ppl coming?

Eggz

Smash Hero
If people maintain THAT mentality, Watty, we can't be sure of anything. But if people just COME and don't worry about "what the turnout will be" then the turnout will be huge.

Just COME.

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
wow idk if imma make it....but on the bright side i might move ack to SoCal....****

joeplicate

Smash Master
I know that m2k is most likely going

he said that he was training for genesis in some east coast thread

just come, it's gonna be epic
trust

Watty

Smash Lord
If people maintain THAT mentality, Watty, we can't be sure of anything. But if people just COME and don't worry about "what the turnout will be" then the turnout will be huge.

Just COME.
eggy weggy you know watty comes if watty can afford it he doesnt think like that. I just want to here the reasoning for why they think it will be like that? A year ago it would make sense but now its just kind of hard to believe ya know. But im looking into some stuff for coming to this so hopefully yes but nothings decided and will be for a bit.

edit I just read some stuff om hte first page so my question about is there only 1 package is completely wrong they addressed that and are gonna make seperate event packages. Sorry for not reading =(

SuperRad

Smash Master
Watty:
they said they are going to set up more pricing deals. i think they dont have an estimate on the venue cost yet, which would change pricing. be patient.

also at the WORST, basically all of california's melee players will be at this. which is a pretty **** big turnout for a melee event by itself.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
I know that m2k is most likely going

he said that he was training for genesis in some east coast thread

just come, it's gonna be epic
trust
M2K told on aim a little while back that he is going to come AND he will enter Melee.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
He's okay at melee. I bet he will lose to some Cali random like Luninspectra or w/e. yayuhzzz

sidefx

Smash Champion
i look at this and get so pumped but how can u be sure that this is gonna hve a huge melee turn out.

I didnt see if u could just pay for melee or brawl and I understand the not splitting there stuff gets to complicated at such a large event so that doesnt bother me butwith melee tournies have low turn outs how can u be confident that ppl are gonna travel for this?

I would have to go cross country which ive done before im just curious as towhy you think ur gonna get melee players over on hte EC to come over like they have before? Or are u expecting massive WC ppl coming?
not only is EC renting out a charter bus and filling it up to come to this, but literally all of canada is coming to this, we already have most of the MW coming to this, all of the NW has commited, socal, and norcal will be there in full force, a lot of the big name EC smashers will be there, as well as huge interest from european countries, netherlands, france, italy, spain, UK, sweden, belgium, as well as russia, japan has expressed interest in this as well..

we are expecting 500+ people for this event, and thats no over estimation..

@ strong bad: sorry mango is the new king prince of smash...

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
not only is EC renting out a charter bus and filling it up to come to this, but literally all of canada is coming to this, we already have most of the MW coming to this, all of the NW has commited, socal, and norcal will be there in full force, a lot of the big name EC smashers will be there, as well as huge interest from european countries, netherlands, france, italy, spain, UK, sweden, belgium, as well as russia, japan has expressed interest in this as well..

we are expecting 500+ people for this event, and thats no over estimation..

@ strong bad: sorry mango is the new king prince of smash...
Were talking about Melee here... right?

sidefx

Smash Champion
both, but mainly melee.. i honestly havent heard anything about people coming for brawl from out of country.. other than a select few, but mainly melee..

also.. i should mention.. that 500+ i was talking about was melee and brawl combined.. but for the most part.. im pretty sure each event will have 250-350ish entrants easy..

wisl

Smash Journeyman
as well as huge interest from european countries, netherlands, france, italy, spain, UK, sweden, belgium, as well as russia, japan has expressed interest in this as well...
who're the people interested from belgium? I didn't know people from here were still active.

sidefx

Smash Champion
who're the people interested from belgium? I didn't know people from here were still active.
i forget what the screename was, but someone msged me on aim saying that him and a few others were interested and wanted to know the exact date and location

Sleepy

Smash Ace
yeah i'm fairly sure, mango could kick m2k's *** easily now, especially since mango doesn't have to play those gayass matchups anymore with jiggs.

Top Bottom