• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*GENESIS 2* SETUPS Thread! Need more Brawl setups & TV'S!

The King

Smash Ace
This thread is designated for securing Televisions, Wii's and Gamecubes for Genesis 2!

After the disappointment from the first Genesis, we are going to make a real push to provide the tournament with as many setups as humanly possible. However, while we are securing some stockpiled TV's to use for the event, we aren't capable of supplying the entire event with Wii's and Gamecubes.

Just like (almost) any other tournament, this is where the community comes in! WE NEED YOU!

NorCal: We need your help! It will reflect terrifically on our community here if everyone who's attending can step up to the plate and bring anything you can spare! We need Televisions (CRT's, not plasmas/LCD's), Nintendo Gamecubes (with power block, composite cables and a melee disc), and Nintendo Wii's (power block, composite/component cables, and a brawl disc if necessary)!

Anyone who plays smash more than likely owns a full setup for smash, so if you've got a ride to the venue, WE NEED YOUR HELP! We can make a special arrangement for TV pickup if necessary before the tournament, but Wii's & Gamecubes are as easy to bring as it gets! Just stash it in a plastic bag, backpack, etc and you're good to go!

Out-of-state players: We need your help too! While TV's might be a travel burden, Nintendo Wii's and Gamecubes are as space-efficient and easy to bring as it gets! Anyone traveling to this event, PLEASE, bring a full system setup with you for tournament use so we can run the most accommodating, efficient tournament yet!

**ATTENTION**

We will have a check-in and information log system in place to keep track of all loaned TV/system setups for the tournament, as well as someone on Door Security throughout the event ensuring that no matter what you generously supply our tournament, it'll still be there when we wrap up on Sunday

We are also providing compensation to those who bring a setup! Options are being discussed between our staff at the moment, but at the very least, we will provide a drink+snack+pizza voucher to anyone who loans us either a TV or Gamecube/Wii setup. However, the real reward is having more setups to go around during Genesis! This means more friendlies, more rounds of pools, and ensures everything finishes in a timely manner.

if you plan on bringing a TV, please make sure its at least 20inches. non of that small tiny tv crap =)

thanks guys =D
If you believe you can bring either a working TV or a full system setup, POST HERE! We'll be keeping track of the list in this first post. Thank you to all of you repping our community, and see you at Genesis 2!

The List:

esam: brawl setup
gkinfinity: 1 setup (kind?)
verge: 2 full setups (kind?), 1 20" tv
bionic: brawl setup
otakugirl710: n64 setup
mastershake: 1 full setup (kind?), tv+wii without disc
videokidheero: melee setup
Falcomist: melee setup
gamedragonX: brawl setup
Doll666: melee setup
J666: melee setup
Charoo: 5 melee setups
walt: setup (what kind?)
tarheeljks: melee setup
oldmangrey: 2 n64 setups, 1 brawl setup
Roller: brawl setup
aznlep: 2-3 tv's and 6 melee setups
$heen: 2 melee setups
bakamoe: wii + melee setup, 1 TV
SSB64-Jel: N64 setup (possibly 2)
Ninja-the-link-sage: Wii setup, possibly 1 TV
Tee ay eye: full melee setup
Krystedez: Brawl setup
Master Ppv: Wii + melee/brawl discs

Totals:
Brawl: ~10 full setups
Melee: ~22 full setups
SSB: ~4 full setups
TV's: ~7 TV's

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i can bring a wii and brawl. Cant really do much in the TV department though, sorry guys :(

sidefx

Smash Champion
i forgot to mention (as well as dan, so edit this in there when you get a chance)

that if you plan on bringing a TV, please make sure its at least 20inches. non of that small tiny tv crap =)

thanks guys =D

sidefx

Smash Champion
we'll be using them as a last resort. but last time we had multiple complaints about small tv's and people refused to use them, which ended up slowing **** down. and plus most small tv's arent very optimal for teams play which is another reason why were putting in a 20 inch minimum =\ my bad

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Nah it's cool, that's totally understandable. No one really wants to play on a TV that small. They're just more convenient as far as transporting them goes :p

Walt

Smash Ace
I can bring a setup. Gonna measure the tv I usually bring to tourneys and if it isn't 20" I'll try to bring the bigger tv from my room.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
id personally play on a 15 inch as long as its singles, or doubles on a bright stage

maybe take off the size restriction for singles for tvs? its pretty much already limited to california/those who drive as far as tvs go, while anyone flying in can bring a wii/cube

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
For singles I don't mind playing on a smaller TV, but I agree that it can be annoying for teams. A 15" tv wouldn't stop me from playing though, it'd just make it a little harder to see. I'd rather have more setups at the tournament (since I'd be able to play more) than have fewer setups with larger screens.

Roller

Smash Legend
Would bringing an N64 without smash for it be helpful or no?

I will be bringing a Wii+Brawl, and possibly a GC+Melee. Will we get vouchers equal to the number of consoles we bring? Or just the one?

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
uhhh bringing 9-12 TVs ranging from 15"-32"
6 cubes

silly champ and his "real talk"

Edit: People are going to play on TVs regardless what size they are because you're gonna tell them to. Sure it's nice to have big TVs but I'm not about to inhibit the tournament because these kids are too spoiled to play on a 19" TV. People can play singles on TVs as small a 12" just fine.

The King

Smash Ace
Bump! I appreciate everyone's help so far, every piece of hardware counts towards making Genesis-II possible!

Azn_lep, are you serious? That's a crazy amount of setups man lol, good stuff.

IMPORTANT!:
If you're going to state that you're bringing a setup, don't just say that generically!
We need to know exactly what kind of a setup you're bringing when you post here. Brawl setup? Melee setup? N64 setup? A system + TV "full" setup?
Thanks guys, keep em coming!

sidefx

Smash Champion
the only reason is when teams comes around, and we still have those 12 inch singles tv's still set up, no ones going to want to play on those, and itll be time wasted for us if we have to keep avoiding that tv for teams or switching it out with another, bigger tv that we could have used to begin with.

$heen

Smash Ace
I'll bring 2 full melee setups.

Also, do we need memory cards? Or is there going to be one general memory card like last time?

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Well with the saddening news to the Genesis Bus being cancelled, I'm not exactly sure how many TVs I can bring up. I'll fit as many as I can in my car, but if I bring the large TVs I definitely won't be able to fit more than 2 or 3.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Bump. So SD has a bunch of TVs that have no way of making it to Genesis, now that the bus isn't heading up. If I can rally enough support here, I may bring a car load (or 2) of TVs down to E4J to distribute them to smashers that are driving up to Genesis. Let me know if any of you guys can help haul up some TVs.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
gamecube + melee
and a recording setup with the capability for commentary, if that means anything

Master Ppv

Smash Journeyman
I can bring a Wii, Melee, Brawl, and maybe even a capture card.

However, I still have not found housing and I desperately need to find a place to stay. I've posted in the housing thread but just thought I'd reiterate the thought here since no one seems to have had any luck yet in that thread.

If anyone can help me out, please PM me, reply to this, or email me at pritenvora@gmail.com

Thanks!

baka4moé

Smash Champion
so i just checked my tv, its exactly 20" :)

ill bring a tv, cube and melee

btw have you guys figured out what people get for bringing stuff? also to be sure you said you guys will be tracking what people bring to prevent things from getting stolen??

The King

Smash Ace
Good stuff so far guys. =)

No, you won't need to bring a memory card with you to the venue. We will have a universal memory card for melee which we'll be uploading into every GC system. You also won't need to bring the Wii Sensor Bar; we'll just boot them all up with a classic controller.

We decided that for every full system setup somebody brings (i.e. GC/Wii, necessary cords & power strip, and disc if applicable for brawl), and for every compatible functioning TV, they will receive one Voucher for our concession stand which can be used any food + drink combo we'll have available. Food will include donuts & bagels in the morning, candy bars, chips, possibly some frozen food goodies, and slices of pizza during our designated lunch times. Drinks will include Redbull (sponsor-provided), gatorades, waters, coke/pepsi, and maybe Iced Tea or something.

@Baka4moe: Yes, we will have a type of security / hardware-tracking in effect at Genesis. We will be logging every piece of hardware which comes through our doors into a database, assigned to each individual player, which will then be assigned to a permanent station number. We will also have someone at the door checking to make sure that no hardware is exiting the building with anyone to whom it doesn't belong.

yoshq

Smash Master
I'll bring a wii with brawl and melee, with 2 recording setups not capable of commentary...and only one voucher? I'm takin this **** on the plane with me across country, I would think at least a voucher per day or something.

:phone:

Top Bottom