• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe General Super Mario Discussion Thread - "It'sa Me, Mario!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Honestly, I have no idea what I thought of that song when I was a kid, but it's pretty nostalgic for me, lol. :bee:

I don't know about you guys, but I really enjoyed the art of that game. Very unique. :lick:

Junglefever, I'm going to feel nostalgic every time I see your name now. :p

Marc, where do you even get those, lol.

Edit - Ranmaru, we just have the best timing in the world, don't we. <3
You really missed out. :/ They probably aren't nearly as expensive as they used to be, though. *Cough$30UsedCough*

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ Mario vs. Donkey Kong Mini-Land Mayhem comes out next month. It seems to play like Mario vs Donkey Kong 2. ); ♥

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Honestly, I have no idea what I thought of that song when I was a kid, but it's pretty nostalgic for me, lol. :bee:

I don't know about you guys, but I really enjoyed the art of that game. Very unique. :lick:

Junglefever, I'm going to feel nostalgic every time I see your name now. :p

Marc, where do you even get those, lol.

Edit - Ranmaru, we just have the best timing in the world, don't we. <3
You really missed out. :/ They probably aren't nearly as expensive as they used to be, though. *Cough$30UsedCough*
You bet I will get that. : D Yoshi's Island was awesome, and Yoshi's Story seemed awesome too : D

PD4FR

Smash Ace
No idea, a friend gave the CD to me years ago.
Wow, you were lucky. I wish my friends were cool enough to have had that game. :urg:

You bet I will get that. : D Yoshi's Island was awesome, and Yoshi's Story seemed awesome too : D
Yoshi's Island was is love. <3

Aside from that, I'm sure some of the reason I still like Yoshi's Story is the nostalgia factor, lol, but it was still a fun game. You can probably find it on Ebay.

UberMario

Smash Master
Or on the Wii VC for $10, granted it doesn't have rumble . . . . . . but it's still better than nothing.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Or on the Wii VC for $10, granted it doesn't have rumble . . . . . . but it's still better than nothing.
I had forgotten that it's on the VC. Still, I think I would rather have my original cartridge over a VC copy any day. :bee:

BSP

Smash Legend
The hardest one for me so far has been the first. It's really difficult to get a good score on Wario's stage since it's so dang long. In touched, i still have trouble getting high scores with wario because his get really fast really fast lol

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah play it. No other way you can have more Mario than that. Unless you haven't played Mario 64. Now that is bangin haha.

UberMario

Smash Master
Mario 64 wasn't really that "Mario-esque" during it's time. :laugh:

Is it just me, or do the Bowser stages in 64 seem to imply they were intended for SM64's original SNES build?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
It's a great game, but I feel like if you've played through 2 you will be a little underwhelmed going back to 1. That being said, it's still worth playing because it's 120 more Galaxy levels to play!
Eh, I can pick the gold nuggets out of hack-n-slash turd games I'll probably still be amazed. (lolDrakengard)

Seriously though, I though Metroid: Other M was 8.5 Goodish, so I can be lenient apparently XD

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
That's a great video, thanks for showing it Yink.

Its amazing that its already been 25 years. I wasn't even alive when the original game came out...

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Same, but yet I grew up with him.

Feels nostalgic watching that video.
I feel nostalgic watching it, too.

I'm glad I still have all of those games. :bee:
Well, the older ones, at least. I never played NSMB for the DS or SMG 2, sadly.

Super Mario World was amazing.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
☯ No Yoshi's Island?! XD

☯ Other than that, very nice video.
Oh, I noticed that when I was watching it, too. That was such a good game. <3
Yoshi's Story was a sort of sequel to it that I also enjoyed, but I won't bring that up again.

I feel like there is another important game that they left out. I just can't think of it right now. :embarrass:

UberMario

Smash Master
Oh, I noticed that when I was watching it, too. That was such a good game. <3
Yoshi's Story was a sort of sequel to it that I also enjoyed, but I won't bring that up again.

I feel like there is another important game that they left out. I just can't think of it right now. :embarrass:
How about Super Mario Land, Super Mario Land 2, Yoshi's Safari, and Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels? :p

Also, Yoshi's Story is kind of a true sequal (though Yoshi's Island DS fits that category much better), in fact, it's original name was Yoshi's Island 64

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Oh, Paper Mario was brilliant! I played all three. TTYD was probably my favorite, followed by the original.
Now, I'm not one of those people who hates SPM; I loved it. I just loved the other two more. ^_^

Edit - Hm, good point. xD

Oh, and I didn't know that about the name. Do you know why they changed it?

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Oh, Paper Mario was brilliant! I played all three. TTYD was probably my favorite, followed by the original.
Now, I'm not one of those people who hates SPM; I loved it. I just loved the other two more. ^_^
I didn't like SPM, it just wasn't the same.

They also forgot Mario and the legend of the 7 stars.

UberMario

Smash Master
Oh, and I didn't know that about the name. Do you know why they changed it?

No, but it was probably because Nintendo themselves felt it was too different to be in the same series [inb4SMB2], and chose a title more appropriate for the game, as the plot occurs in a storybook.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
No, but it was probably because Nintendo themselves felt it was too different to be in the same series [inb4SMB2], and chose a title more appropriate for the game, as the plot occurs in a storybook.
Ah, that's a good point. It was pretty different, and I loved the art. The art was just as refreshing as Yoshi's Island, but in a unique way.

I didn't like SPM, it just wasn't the same.

They also forgot Mario and the legend of the 7 stars.
Well, I can understand why you didn't like it. I still thought it was fun, though. :embarrass:
It really doesn't compare to TTYD or PM64, though.

Oh, was Legend of the 7 Stars an SNES game? I never had one, so I didn't get to play it. Did I miss out on a lot? I heard the SNES was amazing. D:

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Well, I can understand why you didn't like it. I still thought it was fun, though. :embarrass:
It really doesn't compare to TTYD or PM64, though.

Oh, was Legend of the 7 Stars an SNES game? I never had one, so I didn't get to play it. Did I miss out on a lot? I heard the SNES was amazing. D:
SNES was apart of the "Golden Age of Gaming" so in other words, yes you did miss out.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
SNES was apart of the "Golden Age of Gaming" so in other words, yes you did miss out.
Eh, I went from NES to N64. I can't really help that now, can I?
Maybe I'll get a SNES some time.

The N64 kind of made it up for me, though. I loved that piece of machinery. <3

UberMario

Smash Master
What? lol

It was something DJ Rave and I did for whatever reason. I think I'll probably change it later this week though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom