• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe General Super Mario Discussion Thread - "It'sa Me, Mario!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberMario

Smash Master
Luigi's cool, but Mario's always number one. ...How'd the Weegee meme get started, anyway? @-@
Weegee is the worst drawn Luigi of all tme, and is from a game widly considered the worst Mario game of all time (since it wasn't made by Nintendo, they got the licensing), where Weegee will stare in a direction, and you click on random objects, injuring Koopas, causing minature explosions, etc without any logical reason. Which is why the meme is "Weegee's stare can kill all". Plus the game has notoriously bad puns like "You can't find Adobe here in Nairobi".

justaway12

Smash Master
Btw in Galaxy 2, I noticed you can use Luigi. Is it only in selected areas, or can you just use him the entire game?
You don't start off with him, but eventually, he does join and you can use him whenever you want. I think it's after
you get a letter from him or something offering help to look for star, not sure though :S

I love that you won't find Adobe, here in Nairobi qoute, it was super random. xD

PD4FR

Smash Ace
I think it's worth mentioning that the game UberMario was referring to is called "Mario is Missing". :)

§leepy God

Smash Master
I just played the original Super Mario Bros 2, and always lose all my lives on the third world. The controls are much harder than Mario All Stars: Super Mario Lost Levels. ):

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah I only played Super Mario: All Stars. : ]

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Yes. I tried playing that game on the Wii when it was available for download.

Definitely feel less forgiving than it was on All-Stars.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah, but I think Super Mario bros Deluxe for the GameBoy Color was much easier. I mean I even beat it under my friend... Meaning I was just playing it and I randomly beat it (Was at the last level)

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Here's a funny thing. I play it here and there once in a while. But it seems due to terrible short term memory, I tend to go to that warp pipe that takes me back to world 1. I think it's located in world 5? Or 3?

Unsure. But I keep hitting it. :(

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I still have Super Mario Bros. Deluxe. We got it from GameStop a while ago. :p

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Well I got it in a trade which converted to a super crappy trade result at the very end. ;-;

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Well I got it in a trade which converted to a super crappy trade result at the very end. ;-;
Super crappy trade-in rewards? Let me guess: GameStop? :laugh:
Or was this a trade among friends?

I never played SMB Deluxe, but I suppose I didn't need to, seeing as I still have a working NES and the original SMB, also in good condition. :)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Super crappy trade-in rewards? Let me guess: GameStop? :laugh:
Or was this a trade among friends?

I never played SMB Deluxe, but I suppose I didn't need to, seeing as I still have a working NES and the original SMB, also in good condition. :)
It was a trade among friends LOL.

Went form like Battle arena Toshinden > SMB Deluxe > Donkey Kong Country... or the one for the gbc (it's not country but you know what i mean) > Some crappy turok game :[

PD4FR

Smash Ace
It was a trade among friends LOL.

Went form like Battle arena Toshinden > SMB Deluxe > Donkey Kong Country... or the one for the gbc (it's not country but you know what i mean) > Some crappy turok game :[
Oh, so you ended up with Turok. I'd probably prefer any of the other games to that one, I never really enjoyed the one Turok game I played. Was Battle Arena fun? I never got to play that one. :ohwell:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Well, usually I liked Turok games, just the game boy color version I didn't. I mean, sure it isn't as easy as others, but I even beat it already lol.

Also, Battle Arena Toshinden is awesome. I wish I still had it. I regret trading it, but I don't in a way as well. (My friend actually GAVE me SMB Deluxe as a present, so I GAVE him my Battle Arena Toshinden as thanks)

BSP

Smash Legend
I never played Mario deluxe either, and I've never beaten Mario bros 2. It wasn't really a Mario game originally, so that probably explains why i don't like the style that much.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ But the US Super Mario Bros 2 made Toad look beast. That's one good thing about it. XD

justaway12

Smash Master
Yeah, there was, I watched it a long time ago. I thought it sucked TBH :l
There was just so much I didn't like about it.
Though, I do want to read Super Mario-kun, it looks cute, and TBH, if it's anything Mario, I want to try it out.

Darkfire150

Smash Cadet
Yeah, there was, I watched it a long time ago. I thought it sucked TBH :l
There was just so much I didn't like about it.
Though, I do want to read Super Mario-kun, it looks cute, and TBH, if it's anything Mario, I want to try it out.
I read a little bit of super mario-kun, and it had mario swearing :chuckle:

UberMario

Smash Master
I thought the anime was ok, it was amazing, but it had one of those wtf endings that single-handedly ruin a whole movie . . . . .

justaway12

Smash Master
@Ubermario: Yeah, TBH, the ending is what spoiled it for me the most, it made no sense. =/
But other than that, I really didn't enjoy how they made Peach in that movie and how Bowser acted towards Peach, their whole relationship was bad.
I mean
I know Bowser likes Peach and isn't the smartest guy in the world, but seriously he acted so...whipped, I know he wouldn't do anything mean to Peach, but he never acted that bad. :S Peach was kinda extremly braty as well. I probably wouldn't have hated as much, if it wasn't for the ending though =/

And since were on the topic of Mario media, I really liked Super Mario Adventures.

@Darkfire: LOL xD, I would read it straight away, if it was able to find it.

UberMario

Smash Master
It couldn't have been as bad as the Super Mario Bros. movie :laugh:
Oh yes it [the ending] was, in short, this was what the 90-minute anime was:

-Mario is super-addicted to Nintendo systems
-The system shuts off by itself
-It turns back on and Peach gets launched into Mario's world
-Mario falls in love with her at first sight
-Bowser also comes in and steal Peach
-A talking dog that looks like a wiggler joins Mario and Luigi on their journey
-Luigi is offered $1M by the king in order to rescue Peach, so he joins Mario on his quest (rather than sitting it out)
-Bowser is in love with Peach too
-Mario has to find the three powerful elements (Mushroom, Flower, Star)
-They go through the land
-They get captured
-After Bowser tells Peach that Mario was captured, she starts crying uncontrollably (really shippy and what not)
-They use an airship to get into Bowser's Castle and crash Bowser's wedding in the nick of time.
-Peach says that she'd want to marry Mario
-Mario goes all Popeye on Bowser
-He rescues Peach

And this movie also indicates that Mario goes all Mexican Yosemite Sam when he gets angry:

(Now here's the movie-ruining ending)

-The DOG transforms into a Prince and proceeds to tell Mario he was already engaged to the princess
-Mario is so stunned that he faints while crying
-Peach also cries, but tells Mario that she can't marry him for some reason, even though earlier in the movie she basically said Mario was her true love (WTF?)
-Mario tells her while crying to enjoy her wedding
-He randomly becomes happy and leaves with Luigi, and Luigi never gets the reward he was promised by the king, even though the king was next to him (again WTF?)
-Bowser is hired by Luigi to run a grocery store, scaring an old woman to death (literally, again what the heck)

If you want to see it [on YT], DON'T watch part 7, seriously, the story could have ended at part 6 and you wouldn't have to unsee the ending. >_>

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Well I loved the super mario show what you guys talking about. Haha. Especially the episode where that first part from Uber's youtube link came from.

UberMario

Smash Master
We were talking about the anime movie, it was independent from the Super Mario show.

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ Is it sad that I never watched the Super Mario Bros show? ); ♥

♣ I'm playing Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix for the first time, I can't believe the reviewers that gave this an average to mediocre score. Maybe because it's one of the easiest DDR song. ♥

BSP

Smash Legend
Yeah....Mario Mix is pretty easy compard to the other DDR's. It's still fun to play though.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Man, I've always wanted to try that game, but it got pulled off the market too soon >.>

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Does anyone remember Yoshi's Story for the N64? I loved that game as a kid. <3
I tried it out today for fun, and it still has all of its charm. :)

justaway12

Smash Master
I used to love that game, for some reason, the art style and music kinda scared me as a kid too, especially in that castle, I wanted to play it again but we're missing a wire for the N64, I'm not too fussed since we didn't have that many games for it, though the people that lived before us left it behind with Super Mario 64 and OoT so that was good.

UberMario

Smash Master
Which wire are you missing Justaway? I got my [replacement] power plug for about $8 on eBay, and the plug that goes into the TV costs around $2-$5 there. (though I didn't get one o those from eBay, as I already have three, one for the SNES, N64, and Gamecube)

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Does anyone remember Yoshi's Story for the N64? I loved that game as a kid. <3
I tried it out today for fun, and it still has all of its charm. :)
You bet. It was sadly one of the only games though that had a song during a stage that made me NOT want to play those stages.

Jungle Fever I think it was called. It was just...ugh, the GURGLE GURGLE HUP stuff just was a turn-off.

justaway12

Smash Master
Which wire are you missing Justaway? I got my [replacement] power plug for about $8 on eBay, and the plug that goes into the TV costs around $2-$5 there. (though I didn't get one o those from eBay, as I already have three, one for the SNES, N64, and Gamecube)

I think it was the TV plug, it been super long since I saw it and I didn't have a lot of games for it, so I didn't bother to look, but if I ever stop being lazy I'll try to look for one. =S

And wow, what a freaky song, it's been so long since I heard it, and at 0:48, love that xD

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I haven't had the chance to play that game... well, I did play a little bit in long island. BUT I AM NOT SATISFIED D: <

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom