• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
8/56 (You forgot Dedede) isn't really a lot, where's K Rool, Ridley, Dark Samus, Medusa, Wolf, Porky, Black Shadow/Samurai Goroh etc etc
I'd love for some villains...
King K. Rool
Black Shadow
Giegue/ Giygas
Ridley
Wolf

Just to name a few...

...Medusa, Magnus, Black Knight, Dark Samus...

If smash had a pseudo or quasi story mode having villains from series would be better than original villains, save for masterhand.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I think we're pretty much done for 3rd parties, 5 is a good amount and other than maybe metal gear, tomb raider, maybe rayman and maybe bomberman I can't really see any big series and Lara is nothing without her pistols, Bomberman is dying a slow death and Snake has that E10 rating going against him
LMAO.

If you think deep enough, any character can work. Most people just barely scratch the surface sometimes.
I'd love for some villains...
King K. Rool
Black Shadow
Giegue/ Giygas
Ridley
Wolf

Just to name a few...

...Medusa, Magnus, Black Knight, Dark Samus...

If smash had a pseudo or quasi story mode having villains from series would be better than original villains, save for masterhand.
You mean....Hades? Magnus ain't a villain. At all.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
How is that an valid reason?
How is it not? There was that whole commotion with Palutena's dress, Peach and Zelda were given black voids under their dresses and all guns in the game seemed to have been redesigned to appear less realistic such as Zero Suit and the Ray gun, in fact this was confirmed by Sakurai himself
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADzUgNqTuvo4w

I can't imagine the games lower rating didn't have something to do with this

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Lol wut. Rosalina is a very popular Mario character, being in the Galaxy games which arguably are Mario's best ever games so far.
There is a reason she is put into so many spinoff's and made playable in 3D World.

Then again this is coming from a Rosa Main and a aggressive supporter of her in Smash back in 2013 before her reveal so there is some BS involved above.... gosh times flies.

I can see it happening. It's possible...
Look. Rosalina is my favorite Mario character. And she's become very prominent in recent years and is essentially a mainstay from what we've seen.

But that doesn't make her the same level of character as the other Mario characters. It's possible I'm understating her recognizability and impact, but as it stands now she seems less definitively "iconic". Give her time, though.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Since other people are doing it I might as well

In december I think we'll get an update containing:
Cloud (Pre-Ballot)
Wolf (Pre-Ballot)
King K Rool (Ballot)

Then sometime early next year we'll get a character every month of 2, these would be:
Krystal (Ballot)
Isaac (Ballot)
Bandana Dee (Ballot)

Every character would come with a new stage
Cloud obviously has Midgar
Wolf being a veteran probably has a returning stage like Sector Z
K Rool would have Gangplank Galleon
Krystal would have Sauria
I'm not sure about Isaac, never played GS
I'm not entirely sure about BD either
One of these is not like the others,
One of these doesn't belong!

(Really though, two Star Fox characters? Please change Krystal to Inklings please...)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't know much about the series myself. But it would make the most sense.

Burruni

Smash Hero
So, probably a dumb question but...

What properly separates, say, Xenoblade to Yokai Watch in terms of being 1st or 3rd Party?

Because I don't properly understand the line when both are exclusive games for a Nintendo console made by a company outside of Nintendo.

Is it due to Nintendo purchasing Monolith or because they only published Yo-Kai Watch, not develop it?

That's one of the things I haven't quite understood.

I understand, however, that Layton is certainly held as 3rd Party due to the fact that it was released for iOS for some titles.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
One of these is not like the others,
One of these doesn't belong!

(Really though, two Star Fox characters? Please change Krystal to Inklings please...)
Wolf is a veteran so he doesn't really matter anyway and I don't see inklings happening, 3DS limitations and too new to be shoving into crossovers, I'd rather let it grow and become it's own franchise first

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I use icon in regard to being visually recognizable to a mass amount (something, say, Snake is not, even by the standards of his changing design and very average design), but also as something regarding being symbolic of a greater purpose (Something Snake is, in regard to his series and his genre).
...Is this a joke? Pokemon Trainer's design is by far more everchanging and average yet you continuously refer to them as an Icon instead of Snake, who at the very least contains super consistent design elements in each game? Even then, I do not think wearing a different Sneaking Suit hardly counts as "Changing Design". Have you ever seen Zelda? Her design always changes pretty "radically" every New Zelda game. Much more than Snake and less than the Pokemon Trainers, those this not make her an icon?

Every argument you have with this character sounds like you continually belittle Snake for no logical reason other than to stir up pointless controversy about the character. Before you continue to argue about pointless "facts" you've convinced yourself that exists, consider characters already in the game as well. I've yet to see a good point from you about this character, and you constantly bashing them is getting very tiring to read.

SwordOfSeals

Smash Cadet
I'm gonna just ignore the controversy about who's iconic and who's not cause that argument is opinionated. Now Rayman being in Smash could go both ways, but what's pushing him over other 3rd parties is his trophy in the game already, that means Nintendo at least aknowledges the guy I mean didn't he have that Rabbids spinoff series that did fairly well on the Wii too?

Another thing that would be good to talk about is if Snake returns, will Sakurai use his classic design from the original Metal Gear Solid. I would prefer that one because it seems when Sakurai uses third party characters he tries to stay true to there origins as possible (Sonic, MegaMan, PAC, Ryu, even Cloud as his running animation has him floating to represent how he attacked enemies in FFVII).

With Snakes new look in Metal Gear Solid V I think Atleast stay with the original Snake, it would be a nice nod if Sakurai brung him back with Kojimas original concept and design of Snake (It would just be cool to represent Snakes iconic design which Brawl pretty much did.)

Last edited:

Miikon

Smash Cadet
So, probably a dumb question but...

What properly separates, say, Xenoblade to Yokai Watch in terms of being 1st or 3rd Party?

Because I don't properly understand the line when both are exclusive games for a Nintendo console made by a company outside of Nintendo.

Is it due to Nintendo purchasing Monolith or because they only published Yo-Kai Watch, not develop it?

That's one of the things I haven't quite understood.

I understand, however, that Layton is certainly held as 3rd Party due to the fact that it was released for iOS for some titles.
Yo-Kai Watch is, from what I understand, co-owned by Nintendo with Level 5 (both parts have to agree to any use of the IP = 1st and 3rd party).
Xenoblade is owned by Monolith Soft, and was later bought by Nintendo to be a subsidiary, so it is 1st party.
If Nintendo choose to sell Monolith Soft, then Xenoblade would go with Monolith Soft unless Monolith Soft choose to sell the rights to Xenoblade to Nintendo.
Layton is owned by Level 5, who is independent from Nintendo = 3rd party.

Sceptile4Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
waterbottle12
Snake? Not iconic? :joyful:
To be fair, he is an iconic character if you're a gamer.
Seriously, ask anybody who isn't a gamer, who is :4mario:, :4sonic: and :4pacman:.
"Mario" "Mario" "Mario"
"Sonic" "Sonic" "Sonic"
"Pacman" "Pacman" "Pacman"

Now ask who is:snake:.
"Some COD soldier"
"US Soldier"
"Arnold Schwarzenegger"
Some other absurd names
Not saying Snake isn't popular, he just isn't well known outside of the gaming community. Same with :4cloud:. However, there is no doubt Snake left his mark in the industry.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Wolf is a veteran so he doesn't really matter anyway and I don't see inklings happening, 3DS limitations and too new to be shoving into crossovers, I'd rather let it grow and become it's own franchise first
What about Dixie or Impa? :3

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Seriously, ask anybody who isn't a gamer, who is :4mario:, :4sonic: and :4pacman:.
"Mario" "Mario" "Mario"
"Sonic" "Sonic" "Sonic"

"Some COD soldier"
"US Soldier"
"Arnold Schwarzenegger"
Some other absurd names
Not saying Snake isn't popular, he just isn't well known outside of the gaming community. Same with :4cloud:. However, there is no doubt Snake left his mark in the industry.
Oh absolutely. I'm not saying he's like Mario levels of famous. But he's easily on par with Ryu and Cloud.

All the more reason I see him getting revealed next month. With Shadow Moses Island. I'm predicting that, because based on the data since it was last mined we should expect at least 2 characters and 1 stage.

Of course, again, I expect 3 characters. 2 to be revealed and released with Cloud (along with two stages) and then, "HEY BALLOT WINNER TO MAKE IT 8 CHARACTERS EVEN". BOOM, K.ROOL.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Yo-Kai Watch is, from what I understand, co-owned by Nintendo with Level 5 (both parts have to agree to any use of the IP = 1st and 3rd party).
Xenoblade is owned by Monolith Soft, and was later bought by Nintendo to be a subsidiary, so it is 1st party.
If Nintendo choose to sell Monolith Soft, then Xenoblade would go with Monolith Soft unless Monolith Soft choose to sell the rights to Xenoblade to Nintendo.
So like Banjo-Kazooie in the N64 era, more or less, thanks.
Just with how well it has done with its western release in the past few weeks, I'm growing more accepting of the idea of possibly getting Jibanyan for Smash 5, ASSUMING that it would be as natural of acquisition for the rights as, say, :4pikachu::4marth::4ness::4shulk:.

Edit:
Yo-Kai Watch is fully owned by Level-5, but Nintendo publishes the games outside of Japan, just like Professor Layton.

Xenoblade, on the other hand, has always been co-owned by both Nintendo and Monolith Soft. Monolith Soft has been a subsidiary of Nintendo since 2007, three years before Xenoblade's initial release.
Welp there's my answer then. A'ight.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yo-Kai Watch is fully owned by Level-5, but Nintendo publishes the games outside of Japan, just like Professor Layton.
Xenoblade, on the other hand, has always been co-owned by both Nintendo and Monolith Soft. Monolith Soft has been a subsidiary of Nintendo since 2007, three years before Xenoblade's initial release.

Acadian Flycatcher

Smash Journeyman
Damn what a heated discussion about the status of someone being iconic or not...

For Nintendo characters the iconic state isn't a requirement for them to get into a game. There are only a handful of truly iconic Nintendo characters, and they are pretty much all in the game already. The rest are big names to their respective franchises, and for the most party unknown to the majority of the world. (like Ness when 64 was released, Marth/Roy for Melee, etc.) If anything them being in Smash Bros. makes them iconic (e.g. Captain Falcon).

3rd party characters are different. They aren't Nintendo, so they better have a damn good reason for being in a Nintendo game. So far every single 3rd party character has been a home run. In terms of iconic status, they have all reached it, but there are different levels of it.

First of all PAC-MAN and Sonic are at the highest level, which means if you show the picture to people on the street they'd know who they are. PAC-MAN slightly higher than Sonic though.

Next level would be huge to the gaming community, but not necessarily as big to the public. Mega Man and Ryu fit that category. Most know about Mega Man, and practically everyone knows what Street Fighter is, but they aren't on the same level as Mario.

Next would be huge characters that the public could rarely guess. Cloud would fit there. He isn't iconic in the way PAC-MAN is to the mainstream world, but when people see him they think Final Fantasy. And that is something I don't think any other character in that series can achieve.

So basically there are 3 types of icon status for 3rd party characters.

1. Household Names (Mario, PAC-MAN, Sonic, Pikachu, Donkey Kong)
  2. Big Names (Mega Man, Ryu, Link)
  3. Names (Cloud, Snake)

So before you start an argument just remember... just because a character doesn't stand side by side with Mario in terms of status, doesn't mean they are any less of a gaming icon.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm pretty sure that part about Xenoblade is false. Look at Monolith Soft's previous properties.

Xenosaga is still owned by Namco.

Xenogears is still owned by Square Enix.

If Monolith Soft were ever bought out by a different company (EXTREMELY unlikely, Nintendo like 95% owns them, when prior they were only partially owned by previous companies), Xenoblade would remain with Nintendo unless Nintendo specifically allowed them to take it.

I'm pretty sure Yo-Kai Watch is owned by Level 5.

Notably, the trademark is registered by Level 5, not Nintendo:
http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4802:wt3yx0.2.1

Whereas Xenoblade Chronicles was trademarked by Nintendo of America:
http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4802:wt3yx0.3.1

The back of the boxart also says copyright Nintendo/Monolith Soft:
http://img.gamefaqs.net/box/8/6/2/113862_back.jpg

I can't see to find the back boxart for Yo-Kai watch, and the NoA page does not list copyrights on it:

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/rsgXp1moRctIZoJTtwJzOnHJ6x-1Y8XI

Its notable that despite the fact that people assume either the developer or publisher of the game automatically owns the game, that's simply not true. It all depends on the licensing. By default the game's Developer owns it if the licensing says nothing about it, but in many cases the publisher basically claims the rights to the IP as long as they own it, and the publisher tends to be the one to file trademarks as well (which is interesting in that Level 5 did it for Yo-Kai Watch). The problem with trademarks, though, is that whoever files the trademark owns that name in that region, and they don't have to give it up if they don't want to; see Natsume.

Trademarks are your branding and are very important. Nintendo owns the trademark for Monolith Soft in the west, while Level 5 owns it for Yo-Kai Watch.

Damn what a heated discussion about the status of someone being iconic or not...

For Nintendo characters the iconic state isn't a requirement for them to get into a game. There are only a handful of truly iconic Nintendo characters, and they are pretty much all in the game already. The rest are big names to their respective franchises, and for the most party unknown to the majority of the world. (like Ness when 64 was released, Marth/Roy for Melee, etc.) If anything them being in Smash Bros. makes them iconic (e.g. Captain Falcon).

3rd party characters are different. They aren't Nintendo, so they better have a damn good reason for being in a Nintendo game. So far every single 3rd party character has been a home run. In terms of iconic status, they have all reached it, but there are different levels of it.

First of all PAC-MAN and Sonic are at the highest level, which means if you show the picture to people on the street they'd know who they are. PAC-MAN slightly higher than Sonic though.

Next level would be huge to the gaming community, but not necessarily as big to the public. Mega Man and Ryu fit that category. Most know about Mega Man, and practically everyone knows what Street Fighter is, but they aren't on the same level as Mario.

Next would be huge characters that the public could rarely guess. Cloud would fit there. He isn't iconic in the way PAC-MAN is to the mainstream world, but when people see him they think Final Fantasy. And that is something I don't think any other character in that series can achieve.

So basically there are 3 types of icon status for 3rd party characters.

1. Household Names (Mario, PAC-MAN, Sonic, Pikachu, Donkey Kong)
  2. Big Names (Mega Man, Ryu, Link)
  3. Names (Cloud, Snake)

So before you start an argument just remember... just because a character doesn't stand side by side with Mario in terms of status, doesn't mean they are any less of a gaming icon.
In terms of Final Fantasy, the IP itself is bigger than Sonic the Hedgehog. However, due to inconsistent characters, Cloud himself is not, so this assessment is pretty solid overall.

2 to be revealed and released with Cloud (along with two stages) and then, "HEY BALLOT WINNER TO MAKE IT 8 CHARACTERS EVEN". BOOM, K.ROOL.
This is the problem I'm seeing. If we are getting pre-ballot next month I see at least 2-3 more characters coming after that. There's no way in hell I see us only getting ONE ballot winner, and I don't think "veterans" will be ballot winners either.

Last edited:

Miikon

Smash Cadet
"Mario" "Mario" "Mario"
"Sonic" "Sonic" "Sonic"

"Some COD soldier"
"US Soldier"
"Arnold Schwarzenegger"
Some other absurd names
Like Sceptile4Smash implies here: you can be an icon in multiple different ways.

You can be an entertainment icon, who are characters/people that are known to a large part of the entertainment audience (most of the non-gaming community should be able to name these characters):
:4mario::4dk::4pikachu::4sonic::4pacman:

You can be a gaming icon, consisting of characters/people who are known by a majority of the gaming community:
:4mario::4luigi: :4bowser::4peach::4yoshi::4wario2::4dk::4diddy::4link::4zelda::4ganondorf::4samus::4pikachu::4charizard::4mewtwo::4kirby::4dedede::4fox::4sonic::4pacman::4megaman::4cloud::4ryu::snake::4mii:

You can expand the iconic spectrum for gaming by including characters who helped revolutionize the industry, and/or are part of important moments in gaming history:
:4gaw::4rob::4duckhunt:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'm pretty sure that part about Xenoblade is false. Look at Monolith Soft's previous properties.

If Monolith Soft were ever bought out by a different company (EXTREMELY unlikely, Nintendo like 95% owns them, when prior they were only partially owned by previous companies), Xenoblade would remain with Nintendo unless Nintendo specifically allowed them to take it.

I can't see to find the back boxart for Yo-Kai watch, and the NoA page does not list copyrights on it:

Its notable that despite the fact that people assume either the developer or publisher of the game automatically owns the game, that's simply not true. It all depends on the licensing. By default the game's Developer owns it if the licensing says nothing about it, but in many cases the publisher basically claims the rights to the IP as long as they own it, and the publisher tends to be the one to file trademarks as well (which is interesting in that Level 5 did it for Yo-Kai Watch). The problem with trademarks, though, is that whoever files the trademark owns that name in that region, and they don't have to give it up if they don't want to; see Natsume.

Trademarks are your branding and are very important. Nintendo owns the trademark for Monolith Soft in the west, while Level 5 owns it for Yo-Kai Watch.

In terms of Final Fantasy, the IP itself is bigger than Sonic the Hedgehog. However, due to inconsistent characters, Cloud himself is not, so this assessment is pretty solid overall.

This is the problem I'm seeing. If we are getting pre-ballot next month I see at least 2-3 more characters coming after that. There's no way in hell I see us only getting ONE ballot winner, and I don't think "veterans" will be ballot winners either.
There isn't anything suggesting that we would get anything more than one winner though.

I mean there's really no way to know for sure, butI don't really see any reason to believe we're getting numerous characters from the ballot.

Would it be nice? Yes. But I think people are expecting a lot out of the ballot when it was never stated otherwise. That may just be me though.

Miikon

Smash Cadet

You're propably right about this, but going from past experiences, the rights for Xenoblade might still be owned by Monolith Soft. Nintendo lets it subsidiaries keep the IP rights for their own creations (like Intelligent Systems owns FE and Rare was sold with the rights for Banjo and Conker), while Nintendo could have trademarked the individual game (Xenoblade Chronicles) in order to being directly in control of stopping piracy etc.
With that said, Im not an expert on this field.

Last edited:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
I feel the December Broadcast is where they will go all out. They will gonna go big or go the easy way out and get someone noone asked for and take it home, though I don't think they will do that especially when its for the fans.
I mean sure you can guess a low specific number but I feel having three would underwhelming, especially with all of that waiting of the announcement. I say we get the winner and maybe the honorable mentions of who came close to winning. 6-7 seem like a good number range, a few more characters after Cloud, if they want to have a blowhard blow out.

BTW, Sakurai has stated why he chose some of these third parties in the past before. So chances are we'll see why he chose Cloud, for Square. If you read translated stuff from Famitsu online we'll more than likely will found at some point there.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
...6 characters? That's more than we've already gotten!

I would scale it back a bit...you don't have to agree with me, but we're setting some pretty high expectations.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112

I would scale it back a bit...you don't have to agree with me, but we're setting some pretty high expectations.
I would be surprised if we do get more than 2-3 characters. Like Sakurai said. The team is smaller and they can't be around forever.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace

I know but cmon you can't tell me you don't want that. I want this December Direct to be overwhelming. People have been waiting for this since that Ballot began. Not to mention it'll be more money for Nintendo, especially if they put in all of the fan favorite characters in there. He did say the next characters would be all about the "fan service". The fan service with Cloud has been showed in his trailer, so he definitely kept with his promises, with the fan service part. So yes...6 or 7 more after Cloud. Again want it to be overwhelming with little to no stops.

Last edited:

Miikon

Smash Cadet
I know but cmon you can't tell me you don't want that. I want this December Direct to be overwhelming. People have been waiting for this since that Ballot began. Not to mention it'll be more money for Nintendo, especially if they put in all of the fan favorite characters in there. He did say the next characters would be all about the "fan service". The fan service with Cloud has been showed in his trailer, so he definitely kept with his promises, with the fan service part. So yes...6 or 7 more after Cloud.
It would be cool to see 6 characters being revealed in one direct, but Nintendo would have nothing to attract Smash Bros fans with at future directs, which isn't a smart idea from a business standpoint.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I know but cmon you can't tell me you don't want that. I want this December Direct to be overwhelming. People have been waiting for this since that Ballot began. Not to mention it'll be more money for Nintendo, especially if they put in all of the fan favorite characters in there. He did say the next characters would be all about the "fan service". The fan service with Cloud has been showed in his trailer, so he definitely kept with his promises, with the fan service part. So yes...6 or 7 more after Cloud. Again want it to be overwhelming with little to no stops.
Would I want it? Yes. But I don't think that's anywhere close to realistic.

People are taking this a wee bit too far I think. Since Cloud got revealed, everything is just...weird. Cloud looks like an anime guy, so Goku must be more likely. The next broadcast is the last one, so we're getting a ton of characters, etc...

There's no reason to think we're getting 6 characters. Sure, you might want that to be the case. But the worst thing anyone can do right now is convince themselves and others that we're getting that much.

It's better to have lower (but realistic) expectations, and allowing yourself to be surprised. At least in my opinion.

To me...the proof is in the data. They only added one slot to the data. Yes, they can add more. But there's literally no reason to think they're going to add that many now when they haven't even added that many in the entirety of the DLC we've gotten since Mewtwo.

I don't see this being any bigger than the E3 presentation with characters. We'll get info on Cloud, two other reveals and, imo, an announcement of the ballot winner who is in progress and will be released in 2016. Snake gets revealed with a stage (only characters to get a stage as DLC are both 3rd parties, and there's one more stage in the data).

Those are my thoughts. I just recommend not getting your hopes up no matter how much you want it to be true.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Honestly, this is what I expect to see with the Smash Broadcast.

- :4cloud:mechanically explained, release for Christmas times
- :wolf: announced, ready for release alongside Cloud.
- 1 Ballot Character either ready for release, or given a teaser trailer ala :4lucas::4cloud:. Most likely K. Rool
- 1 extra stage other than Midgar
- Mii Costumes explained, heavy focus on a few FF outfits.

I H-O-P-E we get confirmation that we'll get one (MAAAAYBE two) other character(s) from the ballot, but say that the information will be expanded later (given at the end of timely directs, not given a special broadcast) which will come February/April. We won't get anything past that.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Honestly, this is what I expect to see with the Smash Broadcast.

- :4cloud:mechanically explained, release for Christmas times
- :wolf: announced, ready for release alongside Cloud.
- 1 Ballot Character either ready for release, or given a teaser trailer ala :4lucas::4cloud:. Most likely K. Rool
- 1 extra stage other than Midgar
- Mii Costumes explained, heavy focus on a few FF outfits.

I H-O-P-E we get confirmation that we'll get one (MAAAAYBE two) other character(s) from the ballot, but say that the information will be expanded later (given at the end of timely directs, not given a special broadcast) which will come February/April. We won't get anything past that.
This is a bit more realistic. IMO anyway. I partially agree.

I mean, i'm simply basing my "theory" on the data we've seen. It's subject to change in the next month. However, it makes business sense for the amount of characters to be even and for sale between two packages. That's not to say they wouldn't do a pack of 4 and 3, but 4 and 4 seems to make a lot of sense.

I doubt Wolf will get a stage, and I don't really know that the ballot winner will get one either. On this same topic, I don't think it's just any random stage they're giving us for last. I think it's meant to be paired with a character...one last 3rd party.

That mainly, again,is because that's what the evidence and/or past reveals have shown us. Ryu and Cloud are the only characters to get new stages as DLC characters. None of the vets so far have gotten one, so I can't really see Wolf getting it. If Snake comes back, even though he's a vet, I think they'd give him SOMETHING. Either Shadow Moses Island or something else.

To round it off, they could show a montage or something showing some examples of votes for characters, and then finally reveal the ballot choice. I'd believe this to be K.Rool at this point. So, you'd get a total of 8 characters. Mewtwo, Roy, Lucas, Ryu, Cloud, Wolf, Snake and K.Rool. All reasonable vets, 3 All-Star caliber 3rd parties, the most wanted veteran (Mewtwo) and the most wanted newcomer since the beginning (K.Rool). Seems like a pretty good DLC roster to me.

Overall, based on the two Mario slots left in the data, we're getting at least 2 characters and 1 stage. I wouldn't expect more than 3 overall quite honestly. 8 total just makes so much sense. If you go for 9, that's an odd number (not that they COULDN'T do a pack of 5 and 4, but 4 and 4 just seems...better to me).

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Burruni Burruni , I also forgot that my predictions were unrelated to the September datamine, as these things can always be patched in.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
There isn't a villain quota or something like that to fill. If a villain is notable enough, he should be.

I know MagnesD3 is talking about K. Rool and Wolf who should be in, but that doesn't mean we should be adding villains just for the sake of it. They should stand on their own merits too.

:231:
Im talking about alot of villains actually, and there are alot of villains that do have merit they will never see the the light of day though. Also when did having merit matter in smash 4 we have all kinds of characters that dont belong now, anybody can get in as long as they are a video game character as far as smash 4 is concerned.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I feel that five more characters, not including Cloud, is pretty likely. Along with Cloud, we'll get at least Wolf and maybe either Inklings or Snake. The reason for it being one of the other is because whereas both are likely, they both have things that could hold them back. I can see the Inklings being passed up on account of technical issues with the ink on the 3DS, or because of the costume being a sort of consolation prize. As for Snake, the Konami/Kojima stuff still stands as a big obstacle, although it's a lot smaller now with Cloud of all people getting in. Afterwards, we'll get the Top 3 (or the next best picks) from the Ballot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom