• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Ness discussion

Max?

Smash Champion
If legitimate discussion existed on smashboards then I wouldn't need to exist.

Too bad everyone's fake as ****.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
OMG Actually discussion now?

IC's match-up is the gayest thing ever. When you're not PK fire spamming or getting wobbled you're trying to get past those gay *** mallets (10x gayer than Marth's sword) and what's worse is that most of your concentration goes towards trying not to strangle the other player.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
The Ic's range isn't that bad.

I've never thought about the matchup much cuz I also play Peach so yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Pk fire ***** the **** out of nana. Just spam fair and wait for an opening to pk fire. Don't make mistakes cuz then you get wobbled. Outside of pk fire, ness has some problems separating the ICs (and even pk fire isn't that good at it).

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
oh yeah, thanks Sinji :) I haven't been decent with Ness for a long time and I haven't had any famous accomplishments since like 2007 LOL

ugh I've never gotten a handle on the ICs matchup =/ I just remember it being crazy difficult against good ICs [though that kinda applies no matter who you use]...you'll have hard time landing any substantial hits on Popo so long as Nana is still in the picture. I'm pretty confident that Ness HAS to eliminate Nana to actually take stocks. Some characters can manage the matchup without having to be rid of Nana but I don't think Ness is that lucky

D

Deleted member

What would suggest to do to eliminate nana?
forward throw her off and dair/fair her after she jumps.

when you come back to the stage, do NOT go along the edge of it, jump away and then come back over the lip and not next to it.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
One day a ness player will **** just how Armada ***** with his YL. It will take time.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Hey me too! Its just so hard for me to find friendlies!
Simna welcome back! You should post some cool Ness stuff and become a mod again to get this board active again. I really feel like I'm the only Ness main in the world sometimes.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Simna welcome back! You should post some cool Ness stuff and become a mod again to get this board active again. I really feel like I'm the only Ness main in the world sometimes.
You are never alone. It's just hard to come by other Ness mains. We can appear like dust on a map, but once we've accumulated, that's when we take over. :)

Uffe

Smash Hero
Don't DI downward. :bee: In all seriousness, if you're out of danger of getting gimped, aim the PK Thunder under you to where you're launched at an angle. It all really depends on what stage you're on, though. For better advice, I would say go to training mode and put yourself in a position where you would think is somewhat dangerous and practice aiming yourself at the edge and even at the top of the stage if possible.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Remember. The other players does not know ness potential like us.

Last night I was working on Ness nair oos>fair.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
The problem with Ness is that he just has no range. He has amazing movement abilities, great combos, but absolutely no range at all in any of his moves. You have to be super precise to land things consistently with him.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
I think playing offensively is the best way.

Iv'e been studying his hitbox data and I can see several reasons why ness needs to be used offensively.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I think fair/dash attack has enough range, sage, for it to be used properly. The only problem is that it;s easily cced. So you have to predict the opponent to not be on the ground. (or just space fair ridiculously well) Another problem is that it's hits have low shield stun, you can't really be safe with the fair even if you do a late aerial. Which is a huge weakness.

Another problem is that ness doesn't have good offensive capabilities. In order for ness to be safe and approach. He needs to djcs a strong move, uair/bair/nair(sometimes). And di away or just hit the shield really low. All these moves have low horizontal range which makes them hard to move forward with. Or they have to be done while facing backwards/fadebacked. Thats why i used to play around with djcffl forward uair becuz it'd beat ccing and still has some horizontal range. But it's still difficult to land with.

It's pretty hard for ness to really overshoot aerials.

And he loses to shielding in general cuz of his ****ty grab range(this **** is really not even fair). The only time ness can really shield pressure well, is when he has them cornered and is already close to them.

His defense is not even great cuz he doesnt have any good moves to retaliate with when hes ccs. dtilt? ****ty cc grab? nah. Maybe, maaaaaaaaaaaaybe usmash to land yyg but thats a stretch and i havent seen anyone really use it this way.

Ness is pretty decent in the air with fair/nair/uair. And thats his only saving grace. but noone has to go in the air vs him. If he had better ways to deal with shielding/ccing hed be better. (His grab range could be as long as his dash attack/his dash attack could have way more shield stun or atleast be able to break ccs) but this is not the case so he sucks. His combo game is also pretty decent and his edgeguarding is not that bad.

His recovery is pretty average as long as yu dont lose yur second jump.

like max, sinji, i wanna know wtf yur talkin about

edit: wow i just woke up and this is like the longest post ive written on smashboards in like yrs lol. And i dont even play this character anymore

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Well it starts off with the fair approach.
You gain frame advantage due to the hit lag on the opponents shield. He's dtilt pressure is good because you can mix that up with a grab later on.

I am kind of busy now.( not going into detail)

I'll make a page on my theory of how ness should be played later.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
People should use Ness' DJC nair like Peach's float cancel nair more often, it's a little bit weaker but it's just as low and fast.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
unfortunately it doesnt have the amazing landing lag (or lack there of) that peaches djc nair does. but I agree to a certain extent

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Dash attack is too hard to space. It can actually miss in between the hitboxes on too many characters. Also too easy to cc. It sucks cuz the third it is amazing at combos. If it had bigger hitboxes then it wouldn't miss so often.

Yea cc'ing and shielding in general ***** Ness bad.

Top Bottom