• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Ness discussion

Max?

Smash Champion
Apparently Mofo is coming down from Boston to chill with TFS this week, so expect new vids of him.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Fair to fair on falcon when not edgeguarding. I am so confus.

I got djc bair to grab from Mofo.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Dash attack is too hard to space. It can actually miss in between the hitboxes on too many characters. Also too easy to cc. It sucks cuz the third it is amazing at combos. If it had bigger hitboxes then it wouldn't miss so often.

Yea cc'ing and shielding in general ***** Ness bad.
Shouldn't dair work on those who are CC'ing? I also tend to do a grounded or aerial PK Fire against those who CC a lot. Peach also destroys CC'ers.

BairJew

Smash Journeyman
I love this man called Crush, he created probably one of the greatest combo videos of all time "Crushed" it was probably the most inspirational video i have ever watched. Oh thinking about submitting my application for the FSBR got some good ideas I can't wait to see if I can help out the Fashion Sense metagame.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
When the oppponent is at low percents, it's possible to cc the dair. It also is rather laggy and predictable.

Uffe

Smash Hero
How do you know when you've done the Yo-Yo Glitch correctly? And how long should the Yo-Yo stay out when it hits the opponent? I tend to press the R button whenever I do it, as if that's going to make it work, though that doesn't do anything. It's just a placebo effect. Anyway, answers would be nice. I just want to know how to time it correctly and how to know if I did it correctly during actual matches.

Also, I know how to do these glitches, I'm just not consistent with them.

Max?

Smash Champion
Mofo seems to know when the YYG is setup and when it isn't. iirc the Usmash will have a certain knockback/trajectory if the YYG is done properly, but there might be more to it than that. I'll try to get him to explain while we're recording next week so you guys can get it from him first.

Uffe

Smash Hero
What I've learned while testing the YYG last night:

1. A flash of yellow light glows around Ness' body when he's charging his "Up Smash."
  2. The flash of light flickers seven times before Ness automatically let's the Up Smash release.
  3. Against any opponent, the second flash is the moment you should let go of the Up Smash, making sure that the consecutive hit stays at 1.
  4. Any number lower than the second flash, or more than the second flash will fail to make the YYG work properly.

It may be three flashes, because the light around Ness' body flickers quickly, so if anybody wants to test that, go ahead. I'll try this later. Still, these are just a number of things that I have figured out last night.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
From the ness hitbox thread:

--YOYO TRAP GLITCH--
If you hit your opponent with either
the first part or the charging part,
you can cause Ness to leave the
hitbox from the main yoyo swing in
the last place his yoyo was. It's
complicated, and I won't go into it.
Here's WHEN you need to release the
charging yoyo:

STRONG HIT

12 - hit
12 - stun 1
12 - stun 2
12 - stun 3
12 - stun 4
12 - stun 5
13 - charging 1
13 - charging 2
13 - charging 3
13 - charging 4
13 - charging 5
13 - charging 6 YES
13 - charging 7 YES
13 - charging 8 YES
13 - charging 9 YES
13 - charging 10 YES
13 - charging 11 YES

WEAK HIT

13 - hit
13 - charging 1
13 - charging 2
13 - charging 3
13 - charging 4
13 - charging 5
13 - charging 6
13 - charging 7
13 - charging 8
13 - charging 9
13 - charging 10 YES
13 - charging 11 YES
13 - charging 12 YES
13 - charging 13 YES
13 - charging 14 YES
13 - charging 15 YES

For more info, check out the topic

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48717

Uffe

Smash Hero
If I were able to practice with debug mode on, I would do that for practice. I pulled off the YYG on my friend last night during our match, so that was cool. Thanks for the video, Mr.Jackpot.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Iv'e done that a lot. but you want to be careful vs falco. he can counter the juggle with his natural fast fall and tech on the ground missing your chance of finishing him off. It happened to me several times.

Uffe

Smash Hero
What do you guys think of doing a weak nair/bair to regrab during a UThrow Uair juggle if they DI too far away like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=oEo_J-VMP9k#t=130s

I'll haven't been able to try it out yet on a human who DI's but I will this weekend, I imagine it's very useful for juggling.
Those combos are really nice. I actually learned about the chaingrab on Fox from this video. I do it to my friends Fox whenever I play against him. It helps me deal with the struggles I would normally have while fighting against Fox. I've been trying to master Jump Canceling lately. :)

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
That is a very nice regrab.

Forgot to say that when I was using ness in one of my friendlies, someone was watching and I did that platform waveland dj repeat thing. His response was "what the **** are you doing?". lol

BairJew

Smash Journeyman
How does Mofo make Ness look like a higher tier character and then whatever you try to do you will never achieve that level of greatness. :p

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
so mofo still thinks there's alot of progress to be made with ness. I'm sure there is, but idk if it's anywhere near enough to be able to compete at high levels vs top tiers. But i mean, pikachu, m2, and zelda can do it, so maybe ness can too?

But he's been in the lab with FNNNA (pc, niko, otg) so if anyone were to advance the ness meta it'd be him.

Top Bottom