• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Ness discussion

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Looked at it for a bit and here are some quick things I found. DTilt has the same amount of start-up time as his jab, which makes it a good replacement IMO.The first jab has this strange hitbox on the foot he's lifting but the second doesn't, probably part of the reason why it doesn't seem to connect well. PKT2 covers Ness' body but not his head, so (sadly) I think he's grabable. The disjointed Utilt and the strange body reflect FSmash are already pretty well known, but are pretty funny to look at. Nair is a bit faster than I thought, and his grab range and DSmash are so pitiful it's a bit funny.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Pkt2 is grabbable, don't the first couple of frames cover his whole body and Ness has invincibility frames?

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Oh, about dtilt. Here's the funny thing, you have IASA frame 8 for another dtilt, but have IASA frame 14(?) for anything else. :p
Isn't that similar to what most jabs do?

Pkt2 is grabbable, don't the first couple of frames cover his whole body and Ness has invincibility frames?
Yes, but there's still time after that where he's grabbable and the hitbox is still there.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Fair will give you hell when it comes to edgeguarding, it's a good thing Ness can auto-sweetspot the ledge.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
I was watching some prog ness last week and he would f-tilt for an edge guard. I was saying to myself, nesse's f-tilt takes up a lot of frames.

Max?

Smash Champion
Ness Tier List:

1.) PC
2.) otg
3.) Mofo
4.) Yedi
5.) That guy I saw that one time

A ton of other people

1000.) Simna

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Bones forgot about it. I would do it but I'm a bit busy and I"m in a bit of a mess IRL at the moment. Anybody else want to take it up?

Bones0

Smash Legend
lullllz, I didn't forget about this, I just haven't had internet. My bad... my john is...
NESS IS TOO AWESOME!

Thanks standardtoaster!

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
I'm going to try to experiment with a more defensive Ness style. Unless you're afraid of getting hit with something like Falco's evil lasers or Shiek's needles, you should just throw out a PK thunder whenever it's safe. People get annoyed and you can make them approach like that. You can also swirl your PK thunder a bit to delay to chip a little bit extra at their shield. Then, if you predict they're going to delay their shield, you can just hit them right on :troll:

Easier said then done of course.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
yea takes a lot of practice. I found something out last night. You can wavedash off of a platform and bair immediately when your opponent is diagonally below you. Its an option I came up with when im under pressure.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
pkt camping is not very effective.

It good for pressuring people on platforms that are above you.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
When I said defensive style I didn't mean camping, I just meant throwing one out whenever it's safe. Once they start coming back at you it's no longer safe to use one.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
I like playing on battlefield. I ban youshi's story because the shy guys messes up my recovery (up b).

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
So i was playing some friendlys yesterday and he was using doc. every time i try to edge guard him but his pills keeps on hitting me. I try using my DJ to keep my opponent guessing. but nesse's Dj takes up a lot of frames. Whats the best way to edge guard doc?

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
You can reflect the pills with your bat (more of your body though, see frame data!) or cancel them out with a yo-yo which will also cancel the rest of the USmash animation. Of course, you can always use PKT which is somewhat safe. The shenanigans you can do have an endless amount of possibilities. You can pop him forward, up, or back by hitting them with the head. Tail whipping works to make him panic and use their recovery too early, gimp him, follow up into a PKT head , follow up into another tailwhip, or hit yourself directly afterwards (bring yourself to safety, blast them backwards with your butt, or go lolkamakaze). I think you also might be able to pull out on air attack to get rid of the pills then pull another one out to hit him too without having to DJ, but I haven't played too many docs.

Uffe

Smash Hero
So i was playing some friendlys yesterday and he was using doc. every time i try to edge guard him but his pills keeps on hitting me. I try using my DJ to keep my opponent guessing. but nesse's Dj takes up a lot of frames. Whats the best way to edge guard doc?
Wait a minute. Your friend's Doc is off the stage trying to return and he's shooting his pills at you? If I am reading this correctly, then I'm very curious to know how and why this is happening. Anyway, back on topic. If you can distance yourself from your friend's pills, then try using PK Flash. I can't say it will work, but maybe. Unlike Brawl, PK Flash seem more dangerous in Melee since you can only dodge once. I usually go for that or try to tailwhip my opponent's second jumps or whatever they're doing so they mess up.

Top Bottom