• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Yea, sorry about that. I'm just a regular scrub. x_x

Just so this post would be off-topic, what is hobbling exactly? Footstool shenanigans?
2 major things you did wrong in that one post.

1. Asked an easily explainable question that could have been figured out by looking it up.

2. To me, you insulted the technique by calling it shenanigans.

3. Still haven't changed the rob head

That places much farther down on the totem pole here, and on my angry list.

Insetick

Smash Apprentice
Hello, IC boards; a few short questions.

If only Nana uses a certain move, does it decay?

I've been trying a silly kill string in training. When I grab someone on the stage's lip but facing away from the edge, I do a back throw-footstool-follow down with Popo-bair for a stagespike. Do you think this could work on a living, breathing player?

Can Snake buffer a grenade out of normal chaingrabs? Hobbling?

Sieguest

Smash Master

No

I've been trying a silly kill string in training. When I grab someone on the stage's lip but facing away from the edge, I do a back throw-footstool-follow down with Popo-bair for a stagespike. Do you think this could work on a living, breathing player?
I'm not sure whether the stun frames of the footstool run out before you get to where you can bair stagespike; if they do then on a human player, this may not work unless you know the character has a terrible recovery, if they don't then have at it? Although, that's really situational.

Snake can pull a grenade before you initially grab him to start the chaingrab. Otherwise I don't think he can.

00-Zero

Smash Journeyman

IIrc, Nana's decay follows suit to Popo's, so if only nana were to use a particular move, I don't think it would decay. But I could be wrong.

When you back air them for the stage spike, they can tech the side of the stage to save themselves, but more times than not, you can up air them after they do that, which they can also tech, but I've been able to footstool again after the up air.
But don't forget, following up on a footstool off an edge can also put you in a bad position. Sometimes in just the right spot for them to footstool you.

I don't think he can if you hobble him correctly. Well at least a grenade has never come out when I've hobbled a snake. Not unless I'm late with the regrab. And as for just normal alternating grabs, I don't think he can if you're alternating quick enough.

Insetick

Smash Apprentice
Thanks! This helps a lot.

I'm not very good at Brawl or ICs; I thought of the footstool-bair string because I want to make up for my suck with flashiness :laugh:

Do you know any other stupid/flashy kill strings? eg. at 150%+, I pass to Nana, have her start an uthrow, then sh bair, haha.

PS. On Marth at least, I am pretty confident that Popo can land the bair before he can jump.

Insetick

Smash Apprentice
I only play with friends (and we're all mid-level players), so winning isn't a big deal. They have no idea how to chaingrab or desynch with ICs, so I always try to make them go "oh dam."

theunabletable

Smash Lord
^Manliness, obv.

A really situational and pretty flashy way to get a kill is CG over to a ledge, have Nana grab him, Nana Fthrow > Popo FAir to kill off the side.

It's kinda sexy.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Snake cant pull out grenades at all during normal chaingrabs, the hitstun lasts too long.

For hobbling, he can only pull it out if you miss the re-grab by one frame or more, other than that, its completely safe.

I always sandbag my friends hard. Extremely hard.

Not "don't go for cg's hard" but chaingrab to ridiculous percents and if they can actually kill off your nana, kill yourself to pain them with more chaingrabs.

I seriously just waited for him to come to me, shaking my head the whole time.

Prawn

Smash Master
oh no someone asked a question in the question and answer thread

you guys gotta stop being such douchebags, that would probably increase the IC metagame ten-fold

r3d d09

Smash Master
okay. i do that. but once he gets past that. stock is insta gone. ha. i need to work on it, i know that aggressive mk's should lose. but... he is the best player in my state.

r3d d09

Smash Master
Hmmm. i never play him honestly. I think i got him in a bracket once and i went peach because i really don't know the MK matchup.

got any tips for me against CIZ? any habits he does?

rchau

Smash Cadet
okay. i do that. but once he gets past that. stock is insta gone. ha. i need to work on it, i know that aggressive mk's should lose. but... he is the best player in my state.
i had an MK tell me (Tuen from Oregon) that the double sh blizzs and double grounded blizz are easy to smash di through, and then u can instantly break nana and popo apart.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
When people dont know about it. Its not the most known or understood technique you know...

ive only seen it applied practically to a match once...

Smoom77

Smash Master
Yeah, it's never been banned. But I've seen meep use it but the match was restarted. I still think I we need to figure it out.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Heavies are hard to CG, because most of them require you to move a little instead of doing a throw like in the same position.

I've taken to either just fthrowing or bthrow hobbling heavy characters. Is there a way to make a more efficient "alternating" grab that doesn't seem slow?

Top Bottom