• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
i have a question

how do you beat snake? LOL
You have to play very carefully. Watch out for grenades in his hands and you can do some heavy damage. Don't ever desynch Blizzards in this matchup, lol. You'll get a grenade to the face. If I grab him I like to B-Throw hobble him and pivot grab him away from grenades he tries to set. I'd try killing with FSmashes during grabs. Snake doesn't die from charged UpSmash out of grab until like...150+%. >_>

r3d d09

Smash Master
So, i finally figured out how to bthrow constantly to nana. and I was thinking, I'm going to end up buffering Bthrow later on, so why not start it now since i heard it's different timing than a regular bthrow.

So, I've been trying to figure it out by myself, but can't get it down >.> so could someone help me out? when do i buffer the turn and grab for popo? every time i do he ends up walking a tad bit or doesn't grab.

funny thing is I was trying to CG for twenty minutes and couldn't get one off lul i'm not embarrassed :p I remembered i was too fast last time so i started slower. found out i was going too slow. yay for improvement :D

EDIT:
just for intents and purposes. How do you fthrow to popo, i can get nana everytime, but with popo, he seems too far to one step grab opponent.

Or do i have to do the fancy Fthrow ;)

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I can't regrab from a dthrow because Nana is too far... can anyone help me or should I just stick to bthrow alternating?

Also, FYI I use wiimote nunchuck.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
^I think the pivot CG might be where you D-Throw with Nana, dash with Popo, and pivot grab the enemy. I haven't tried it against Snake (although I've done it to other characters in the cast), but I bet it'd work well. I think D-throwing Snake might be slow enough to make pivot grabbing him out of a CG pretty easy.

I'll try it out in a few minutes.

PS. I sure as hell hope I was talkin' about the right pivot CG lol

r3d d09

Smash Master
I hope so too. haha. I've tried doing that version of a pivot CG, and it's hard, i usually walk too far. :/

I believe there is a way to just buffer the Fthrow so that popo isn't too far. I shall do some extensive research.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
actually, i am able to do dthrow pivot grab, but only to light characters

i never figured out how to do it against heavies

r3d d09

Smash Master
it's an auto pivot if i'm not mistaken. just how she walks away and when you let go of the joy stick she walks back to popo. But in the mean time she pivot walks. for me anyways

Smoom77

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure it's an auto-pivot when you do b-throw, but you have to manually pivot nana to get to where she can regrab fthrow the other way. Same with dthrow.

Does this work well?

1) Fthrow (Popo) -> BPG (Nana)
2) Time grab inputs one after another. This causes popo to grab and nana to pummel. Constant pummeling causes forced ground release which popo will grab them in the stun of the ground release.
3) Wait for Nana to return to popo and repeat till KO percents.

r3d d09

Smash Master
BPG? and id go with a different 0-death option. the timing will change for the release so there can be human error there. stick with other stuff unless you want to get fancy :D

My turn, can someone tell me the steps kinda in detail for a Bthrow to Bthrow chain? My popo is never in position and same thing with F throw to F throw. help me out :D

EDIT:
Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UA-39fs8_g&feature=related
Help me buffer like our own IC main :p I can't get the buffer down correctly with CG's :\

BPG. Boost Pivot Grab. The ICs get an ever so slight slide to there pivot grab utilizing that tech. By inputting the BPG when popo has a grab will cause nana to perform the BPG at the same time popo fthrows. So pretty much it doesn't really mess up much.

And since I still cannot fthrow more than 3 times in a row I'm was looking into other options that are slightly easier. In training mode I've been able to get this to work 4 times for 0-death. Haven't been able to do that with any other CG so far.

Zero Hour

Smash Apprentice
I'm finaly close to being able to 0-death the whole cast consistently. The only thing stopping me from doing it on lights is that when i do the back throw to downthrow chain sometime when i B-throw to nana she slides with the grab and i can't always make there-grab. I've watch lain do the grab countless times so I know its something I'm doing wrong with the Bthrow but i can't figure it out. Anyone know why this is happening.

P.S. sorry if the explaination sux its the best i could explain it.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hm for some reason the bthrow timing for lights is the easiest for me

i'm STILL not very consistent at cging midweights

ahahah but for some reason its not that bad since i dont think any of them are that good vs ic's in general :p

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
mmm like... gw pikachu mk are lights to me

mid weights are getting easier.. liek mario marth peach

lighter midweights give me a little bit of trouble, like ness lucas tlink

sheik/zelda are easy even though they are mid/light lol, for some reason i just feel confident that i will nail every cg against her, and i do :p

Zero Hour

Smash Apprentice
I find it easiest on lights but i guess my timing is just slightly off wich makes nana slide when she grabs from the Bthrow. Just wondering if anyone know if it was because i was holding the joystick too long or something

Prawn

Smash Master
I'm finaly close to being able to 0-death the whole cast consistently. The only thing stopping me from doing it on lights is that when i do the back throw to downthrow chain sometime when i B-throw to nana she slides with the grab and i can't always make there-grab. I've watch lain do the grab countless times so I know its something I'm doing wrong with the Bthrow but i can't figure it out. Anyone know why this is happening.

P.S. sorry if the explaination sux its the best i could explain it.
buffer it

10buffers

DZhou

Smash Journeyman
Doesn't seem very practical :(
You have to constantly keep attacking or else nana will fall. An if u get grabbed T_T

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I do that sometimes, but I really don't like keeping Nana unsafe like that for long periods of time.

Sky`

Smash Lord
Does anybody have advice on how to really land those Bthrows? And even those D throw chain grabs? =/

lain

Smash Master
Well, you know, you hit the direction, and you wait an odd amount of time, and then hit z.

Wonderful! You just did a cg.

WingBr

Smash Cadet
Hey, I just stat paying ice climbers and have some questions (I didn't find the answer at the guide/ importants threads =x):

1 - What controller setup work best for ice climbers? tap jump on/off? tislt stick/smash stick? This kind of things

2 - When I was practicing ftrow to ftrow, sometimes I tilted the stick, the climber who was not grabing starts to move, but the other one don't throw the oponent. Why this happens? What am I doing wrong?

r3d d09

Smash Master
lol, odd people these days, and the edge floating, i've done that against a few people. I blizz them in the face when they try and recover. if that fails. nana usually grabs the ledge.

Top Bottom