• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

Sieguest

Smash Master
After taking a quick peek through the Diddy board, all I know from their frame data thread is that the duration of the pull is 39 frames (AKA not told anything). However, It won't be too far flung to assume that that the banana pull is similar to Snake's grenade pull (e.g. the item becomes hostile as soon as the object is made). With that said, I'm positive that the the banana object isn't created on frame 1.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Just for clarification Guest, there also exists they are holding the preexisting itmes and not just spawning items.

There really shouldn't be any reason for them to be able to spawn items when you're CGing based on frame data unless you really mess up lol

Roller

Smash Legend
Roller: You wouldn't really need to change what you're doing (I don't think at least). I don't think the way the banana spawns is the same way as how Snake spawns a grenade (I'll check it though). Unless you grab him while he's holding a banana... then hold on to that thought.
That is why I would change.
Just for clarification Guest, there also exists they are holding the preexisting itmes and not just spawning items.
Yeah, this is what I was referring to.

And I believe Wolf is at LEAST +1 our favor. I actually really enjoy playing that matchup. I was one dropped grab away from beating Kain at SiiS. =/

(I blame playing only Melee for 2 weeks beforehand)

Sieguest

Smash Master
Due to it not being my privilege to watch youtube videos on weekdays, I can't scroll through hordes of videos to see if bthrow and dthrow cause forced item drops. Looks like this is a job for the weekend lol.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Can we pivotgrab Diddy Kongs sideB if he does the kick?
Only if you pivot grab the very end or start of it, and they often jump out of it and make it really hard to grab. I like to shield it then just walk towards them and punish their next option which is almost always roll/spotdodge/jump.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Only if you pivot grab the very end or start of it, and they often jump out of it and make it really hard to grab. I like to shield it then just walk towards them and punish their next option which is almost always roll/spotdodge/jump.
That's gonna make things a lot harder then :(

Sieguest

Smash Master
Is there a list anywhere of item tricksies the ICs can pull off?

Mainly interested for the Diddy MU.
There's no list, but item tricks for the Diddy and Snake matchups have been mentioned plenty of times. I would give you some search results links but I'm currently in math class and want to keep up with my notes. So you'll just have to search it yourself.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Do Ice Climbers have a good Jump Cancel Item throw?

BTW, the main trick for like...bananas is to throw the banana with popo, jump ice block with nana, and then dash grab with popo.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Is there a list anywhere of item tricksies the ICs can pull off?

Mainly interested for the Diddy MU.
-Throw banana with popo, Ice block with nana, if the banana hits it's a guaranteed grab because of the IB. It can be grounded or you can jump and do it, it doesn't make any difference.

- Throw item with popo, blizzard with nana, jumps are effective with this desync. You can get a lot of frame trap grabs with it or just a lot of damage for example on peach I would SH while she is floating, throw turnip and blizzard with nana, and then just usmash her as she gets hit by blizzard(or grab if she shields)

From there you can get creative on your own.

Because you can frame trap them with the jump IB since you are running closer to it.
This isn't true.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Is Port Town Aero Dive at all a decent stage for the Ice Climbers?

:phone:
This stage isn't Legal in tournaments.
If you're just a casual and don't plan on going to tournies, then, assuming you're Chain Grabbing, it's no good.
Cars can hit you while your CGing and mess it all up and, on occasion, kill you.

:phone:

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Will you explain then...?
Just doing a standing IB after the throw is pretty much the same thing, and actually will be better for netting you a grab since the IB is following closer to the banana.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Is it normal for Nana to dash dance crazily and then nair OoS after Popo dies?
>.>
To elaborate:
Ice Climber dittos. My Nana gimped Ghost's Popo, his Nana suddenly started dash dancing REALLY fast, my Popo went to uair it and it shielded the uair and nair'd me Oos >_>
This should suffice to explain why (in general terms at least). V
Distressed State
This is the state that a good majority of IC players do not know too much about in detail, and the state that Lux asked me about. Nana enters the distressed state whenever Popo becomes incapacitated. Times when a character is incapacitated include when they are KO'd, during their "flying away" animation of being Star KO'd, during their "hit the screen" animation during a foreground KO, and whenever a character is frozen, planted, or being held in a grab. When Nana enters a distressed state the AI for Nana takes over and all player inputs are ignored, even when Nana is within the sync range. Nana's priority at this point is to protect Popo from taking any more damage, or in the case of Popo being KO'd to tack on as much damage as possible before disappearing. Either way, her focus is on her opponent (although there is a difference). Now this state may seem the most useless, but the mechanics behind it may actually lend itself to a way of fighting your opponent. As stated earlier, Nana ignores all player input even when in sync range. The only exceptions to this rule are buffered inputs. If you buffer an input then Nana will perform the action you input after she finishes the AI input's action. If you remember from the intro, when Nana enters sync range, if you are holding a button the game actually buffers that input in.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Well I mean, normally she just stands there, or tries to attack the opponents with jabs or the occasional smash after Popo dies, but she was full on going crazy >.>

Idk I don't claim to much about Ice Climbers.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
To elaborate:
Ice Climber dittos. My Nana gimped Ghost's Popo, his Nana suddenly started dash dancing REALLY fast, my Popo went to uair it and it shielded the uair and nair'd me Oos >_>
It was most likely because popo was right about the center of where nana was, so she will literally dash towards that center location, but it is a point that nana can't reach on neither the left or right side, so she just continually dashes towards that point until you die. As soon as popo died, Nana went straight into her distressed state. And took matters into her own hands.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
What prize would I get if i win a tournament using only Sopo?

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
just for the record, i had a play around, and can confirm that diddy can drop his banana on any of the throws while being chaingrabbed, regardless of whether or not they have a hitbox.

that being said, sometimes he didn't drop it for a long time, leading me to wonder if there is a certain frame he can drop it from, and if a 'perfect' chaingrab meant that he wasnt able to drop it.

Top Bottom