• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

Sieguest

Smash Master
What desynch does Lain do at :06 in this match? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOqtrXbAorw I couldn't find it in the desynch thread and the only other one I could find was some japanese dude's who started with a k. :3
It's the starting desync. The ice climbers are all ready desynced at the match's beginning, so if you press and hold and input while the announcer is counting down, only Nana will perform what you input when he says go.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I think it's a Breversal desynch. Out of a dash, a Breversal timed correctly can desynch very quickly.

New Question: Since IC's seem to be unviable on RC, Brinstar, and Norfair, what secondaries do people use? I'm debating between picking up Wario or going back to Marth, because I do NOT want to play MK.

Sieguest

Smash Master
@ :06? From what I saw Popo is not even close to Nana then, unless I'm viewing it wrong...
If I could take a screenshot I would...

I just paused it at :06 He's not even on the ground....

ch33s3

Smash Lord
apparently ICs are playable on RC, and i ban brinstar. but if someone CPs me to norfair i can just go wario and make their life hell (ideally) or just go GnW.
They're not playable on Rainbow. They're playable on the ship, the rest is just ughhhhhhhh.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Would you rather get hit or get hit less?
A character that outdoes you wouldn't give you that choice.

And yeah I'd rather get hit less, but on RC, one hit can put you in a bad spot, setting you up for more hits. Then it may just start to snowball.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Let's list the characters that would take us to RC. I'm not very experienced so help me out here.

Meta Knight
Wario?
GnW?
Pit?

If we banned RC, would you rather go to their other CP?

Meta Knight: Brinstar
Wario: ?
GnW: Norfair?
Pit: ?

What I'm trying to get at is that we shouldn't always ban RC against them. Are we worse on Brinstar or RC against MK? Can we run away better on which stage?

Edit: So imo, we shouldn't be put in a bad position all the time on Brinstar, but have some good time on RC instead.

B0NK

Smash Lord
Let's list the characters that would take us to RC. I'm not very experienced so help me out here.

Meta Knight
Wario?
GnW?
Pit?
I can see (and have experienced) Snake, Sonic, Peach, Yoshi, Toon Link, and Kirby.

I guess Ness and Lucas wouldn't be bad on RC either.

Personally I find Norfair to be the worst. Period. If your opponents character has decent aerial mobility there is no reason they should be on the same platform your on, which means the percentage lead is a must (and against toon link it's an absolute nightmare >_>).

Between Brinstar and Rainbow, I see what your saying, but I believe it's less about match-ups and more about where you believe you are more comfortable on.

Sieguest

Smash Master

Meta Knight
Wario?
GnW?
Pit?

If we banned RC, would you rather go to their other CP?

Meta Knight: Brinstar
Wario: ?
GnW: Norfair?
Pit: ?

What I'm trying to get at is that we shouldn't always ban RC against them. Are we worse on Brinstar or RC against MK? Can we run away better on which stage?
I've been ninja'd.... x.x

If we banned RC, Wario might take us to Norfair. Not sure about Pit.

IMO I'd rather go to Brinstar, I feel we could better avoid being harassed as much.
I'm not sure about norfair, I don't play on it a lot (I need to start).

I do see what you're saying though. I think it would come down to how your opponent play their character.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
How do you do a b reversal out of a dash? Don't you have to do a ground b reversal as you transition into a run? It looks like he's already running when he does the desynch. :3

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Brinstar is better than RC for the ICs. They're both lost causes though, just get an aerially mobile secondary.

Sieguest

Smash Master
How do you do a b reversal out of a dash? Don't you have to do a ground b reversal as you transition into a run? It looks like he's already running when he does the desynch. :3
You can do a breversal while dashing the same way as you would when walking, in the air, or just standing still: press b and quickly move the control stick the opposite direction immediately afterward EDIT: I can't say exactly the same you'll have to make sure whenever you're changing the direction that as you get to neutral on the control stick to press b.

What you described is what you have to do in order to wavebounce an IB. (Hylian Desync)

The first time you're asking about in the vid is a pivot desync. He put up his shield to stop the dash then pivoted while pressing the b so only Popo would perform the action.

The second time you ask about, it's a dashdance.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I disagree about brinstar being better but then again I always ban it ha.

DeLux

Is it worth playing online tourneys if you're maining IC's? I just got rolled legit, but cging with lag is insane. Although I realize I'm not winning anytime soon if I drop 10 chain grabs per round.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Is it worth playing online tourneys if you're maining IC's? I just got rolled legit, but cging with lag is insane. Although I realize I'm not winning anytime soon if I drop 10 chain grabs per round.
Well, it's hard as heck but you can get some basic MU experience out of it imo.

Teh-Shlurpie

Smash Journeyman
i dont do chaingrabs online because even unnoticeable frame lag can drop your grabs

i tend to just practice playing without Grabs for the MU experiance as guest says

l!nk_aut

Smash Journeyman
question on the diddy mu:
Are the IC's able to pivotgrab diddy out of a perfectly timed side-b kick? I'm not sure anymore

DeLux

Minus obvious things like projectiles, perhaps the more pertinent question is, what can't we pivot grab? haha

ch33s3

Smash Lord
question on the diddy mu:
Are the IC's able to pivotgrab diddy out of a perfectly timed side-b kick? I'm not sure anymore
Yes, just time your pivot grab properly, it outranges the kick.

Minus obvious things like projectiles, perhaps the more pertinent question is, what can't we pivot grab? haha
More than I like to think about.

Prawn

Smash Master
hey do you guys think its a good way to practice if i just go vs lvl 3 cpus pivot grab them and try to get in the mindset of every grab is a stock? im very experienced in all the parts of matchups but at the tourny tomorrow i wanna not drop ANY grabs. i also have been doing it on all legal stages.

but do you guys think ill get bad habits like that?

inb4: dont focus on grabs, cause i win all my sets now without a lot of their help

lol prawn combo

Latias

Smash Journeyman
where would ics be on the tier list without desynching/chaingrabbing?

Top Bottom