• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social General Ice Climber Chat

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Thanks ChivalRuse.

Is there any way you can find me a video of a Galapagos Finch nibbling ever-so-gently on a berry? Not a seed. No, certainly not a seed. More like one of those little red berries about the diameter of a medium sized Peanut M&M.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
im getting more used to the fox matchup i think i feel more confident about how ill do against foxes the next time i go to tournament

ill beat sfat next set i got this

Binx

Smash Master
Hey guys im getting to old and dont have the time to create one, but we really need a video thread in these parts. Someone should get on that =D

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Has anyone ever tried d-throw d-tilt vs. Sheik? The d-tilt doesn't do anything except add damage, but it's really easy to do and I've never had the d-tilt break Sheik out of the throw.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Has anyone ever tried d-throw d-tilt vs. Sheik? The d-tilt doesn't do anything except add damage, but it's really easy to do and I've never had the d-tilt break Sheik out of the throw.
This gets brought up about once every couple months.

Yeah, its like dthrow>dsmash except easier to time and less damage.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
And it doesn't require a stale down-smash to work lol
I wonder why Fly doesn't use it though. He seems to just do a normal d-throw chaingrab when Nana's around.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Dthrow dsmash is a somewhat strict timing. It's not uncommon to accidentally hit Sheik out of the chaingrab and forfeit all that damage you could have done to her. I like to do the regular dthrow cg to be safe sometimes.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Dthrow dsmash is a somewhat strict timing. It's not uncommon to accidentally hit Sheik out of the chaingrab and forfeit all that damage you could have done to her. I like to do the regular dthrow cg to be safe sometimes.
I meant d-throw d-tilt which requires like no timing at all. The d-smash variant is not a good idea to ever use imo.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I don't use it because I always forget it exists. I do believe it is strictly better than the regular dthrow CG, so I'll remember it the next time I have to fight a Sheik.

Fluffy G

Smash Rookie
I didnt know you could use a d-tilt. honestly the timing of D-throw D-smash is easy. It's just Down Cstick as SOON as you downthrow. lol.(btw this is cloudz)

Fluffy G

Smash Rookie
oh yeah, does anybody still do that guaranteed combo that gives 40% to just about everybody? I think it's

grab, Dthrow, reverse D-air, Uptilt, upair, upair?

it works on a lot of people and sweet sweet damage for the price of a grab

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
If people DI up to get out of the dthrow dair (Marth, Peach, Zelda, etc.) you can just do dthrow -> upsmash -> uair -> uair for a guaranteed 50% or so. I personally don't like reverse dair -> utilt because various DIs can get out of it.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
If marth/peach/etc di up, reverse d-air u-tilt is strictly better imo. Two u-airs is idealistic in any situation (especially after a u-smash, which launches them higher), typically they would have to be at low % and/or di badly for that to work.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Low % is a given. I might opt for reverse dair -> utilt at medium percents. DI badly is also given, as my other condition was that they were doing escape DI for the dthrow dair (up DI), meaning the upsmash will have a good trajectory.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Low % is a given. I might opt for reverse dair -> utilt at medium percents. DI badly is also given, as my other condition was that they were doing escape DI for the dthrow dair (up DI), meaning the upsmash will have a good trajectory.
That's not what I meant. I know it's escape di for d-throw d-air, I've made like a million posts on this, but after the first u-air it's very unlikely that you can land a second one. U-tilt also doesn't launch as far, so the u-air or b-air is more automatic and works until a higher %.

Another benefit of reverse d-air u-tilt is that you can read the di before the u-tilt, so if they didn't di up you can still grab or do something else. If you d-throw u-smash and they surprise you with di away, you don't get nearly as much out of it.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
I'm not saying reverse dair utilt is bad or anything. But Chu's been dthrow upsmashing for years, and he's always been able to follow it up pretty well.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
It works on most everyone if they catch the weak fair hitbox.

Dthrow>reverse dair>utilt like...never works on heavy characters because of the lost frame advantage from dthrow. You just can't get it out in time.

PB&J

Smash Hero
So dthrow fair -> regrab (before they hit the ground) works on Jiggs sometimes. xD
if u throw a jab in before the grab it works alot..fighting jiggs is what i love. icys are fast enuff to catch jiggs' stupid roll.

by this time she should die next time u grab her

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Why cant I remember the frametrap I used against Armadas CF :/

It was something along doing dthrow dair (not sure about reverse or not) and probably reverse fsmash if he smashDI'd or something, otherwise I think I got the regrab :/

Top Bottom