• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social General Ice Climber Chat

Vts

Smash Champion
Wish I had pivot desyncs down perfectly ><, so annoying when I wanna desync my nana to dash attack and me just f-tilt so that if it was un-safe only my nana gets hit lol.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
peach & sheik should have almost the same timing outside of body size difference.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
makes sense since the dthrow animation would take the same amount of frames :V

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Hand-off isn't hard against any character unless you get lazy with your timing, lol.
Falco isn't easy, his frame window is one of the smallest. Easiest is pikachu, m2 has the same grabbable frames but her body fks things up.

Vs many characters, it is one of the most difficult tricks to pull off consistently in Melee. I'd like to see you do it flawlessly in tournament.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
The size of the frame window is not the only factor contributing to difficulty. I generally find light characters easier to do the hand-off on since the time I need to wait after initiating the dthrow is very short and is easier for me to commit to memory.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Then you should've watched me play in tournament before I quit ICs... Lol

You're just mad cause a nobody can do something the mighty PEEF! can't ;)

I have mad respect for your ICs <3
I can do it Grim Tuesday, as long as I don't have a big crowd or am on a livestream or something. I think about it way too much then and choke every time.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
mixed feelings about yesterday's tournament

i lost to DP in winners 0-2 due to a runaway style of falco that i didn't expect from him. however, i adapted to that and beat him 3-0 in LF because i spotted his openings. i really think that falco should be played aggressively!

i played catnip (DP's brother i think) in GF and i won 3-2 then lost 1-3. he played mostly falco and adapted very well to the ic's matchup. i think i just made poor decisions and could've easily won if i wasn't so tense. i'll get him next time for sure.

Binx

Smash Master
One of my best friends plays Marth and Falco and he is SO hard to beat with my climbers in either matchup. He just really knows my style inside and out and its tough to land hits on him. Falcos who are aggressive and really abuse grabs are hard to beat. He can throw nana into you or you into her every time and it seems like there are no windows to punish it.

Also I have a lot of trouble punishing his forward smash as long as he spaces it properly. Falco also has a really easy time edgeguarding ICs(well I guess most characters do).

At least falco is fairly easy to edgeguard as well and pretty easy to gimp with nairs and bairs in all kinds of situations. If the falco gets too predictable with lasers we have some good options to punish that with leaping nairs blizzards or wd fsmashes.

Anyways lol, good **** chok. I have a big tourney saturday hopefully I can do pretty well, shooting for first this time but I think eggz and silent wolf are supposed to be there so I might have to settle for top4 if I can't really predict them hard this time.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
I quit ICs also now i just play sopo cus everyone runs and get baited by Nana 2s in arkansas ><
Quoted for the real truth. Walking into that baiting should in some way result in alot of damage or a stock it´s dangerous to be on the ledge against a angry Popo ;).

About Falcos fsmash, someone should check if it is punishable with a wd> something, for some reason I think it is, and it just has to be done with old school precision and timing.

Binx

Smash Master
Pretty sure falco can roll away or shine in time, I'm sure I've messed up the timing and been hit by other attacks as well. But I am pretty sure if they space it right its shield safe.

I have to Sopo a lot too, thank god I am pretty decent at tech chasing lol, my nana got 0-deathed in a friendly like 2 days ago and then I got 3 stocks with my sopo, it was pretty ****, all kinds of really dumb gimps that shouldn't have worked.

Vts

Smash Champion
Pretty sure falco can roll away or shine in time, I'm sure I've messed up the timing and been hit by other attacks as well. But I am pretty sure if they space it right its shield safe.

I have to Sopo a lot too, thank god I am pretty decent at tech chasing lol, my nana got 0-deathed in a friendly like 2 days ago and then I got 3 stocks with my sopo, it was pretty ****, all kinds of really dumb gimps that shouldn't have worked.
I did a back throw off the stage into a bair( hit in the front ) into a fair with sopo to gimp a fox after he gimped my nana it felt so good

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
fly amanita if you're there reading this: thanks for your marth advice. i was able to practice the matchup a lot today and i improved greatly as i tried to break the habit of always going for an ice block after nana blizzard. i went for many other things and i felt so much looser and more free to maneuver

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Hey ic people, i have a friend who mains IC's and the other day he made a statement and i was wondering what u people would feel about it. he said "if peach was not in the game the ic's would be in top tier" I am not sure if this is true or not but i could understand it being true since they dont have bad MU against the space animals and they beat sheik and i know at least choke thinks they beat jiggs (an idea i dont disagree with but i am lacking enough info for a real opinion) So do u guys think IC's would be top tier if peach was not in the game or the MU was better?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
wow

that statement actually has some merit. hahahah.

a lot of merit....

wow

hard counter to puff and sheik

very slight disadvantage vs spacies (like the rest of the cast)

ganon, marth, and samus are kinda hard to judge. IMO even? slight ganon maybe.

but yeah, they are pretty damn good with no peach in the game.

BSeeD

Smash Journeyman
Guyz, i'm having an argument with my mate Lukahn, please enlight us :p

To all the IC mainers out there, what is the MU u fear the more beetween Sheik and Marth, and why ?

BSeeD

Smash Journeyman
My mate was defending the fact that Sheik can control her space more effectively and fastly than Marth does and that that was the reason why Sheik is better against IC than Marth.

As for myself, I pretty much agree with u.

BSeeD

Smash Journeyman
So guess he doesn't :p

Think he didn't take IC's offensive possibilities on Sheik in consideration.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
sheik has needles and fair->jab

we body everything else, especially her tilts/jab/dash attack/dsmash which she uses well vs other characters.

what i like about ic's is that we always force the opponent to do unorthodox stuff c ompared to their other MU's

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Sheik ICs is pretty annoying for the Sheik but I can't imagine low aerial / AC fair / needles can be fun to deal with for 5+ minutes either.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Regarding low aerieals, I remember someone posting he was able to react to shieks jump, and punish with upsmash every time before she really could do anything, her weakness since her SH is very high.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i doubt that's true though, because it's still pretty fast and the ic would have to be like right next to her to actually get under. a WD would get stuffed

Top Bottom