• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Final Fantasy Discussion - Final Fantasy XII remake incoming!

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I think that when we see Cloud again, he'll be in his AC attire (I'm talking as the default), to represent time passing by since the first game. That'd be pretty cool imo. That, and it'd give him some pretty cool new moves using the Fusion Sword. Like his Strike Raid and doing some dual-wielding.

New EX Burst, Omnislash Version 6 from Advent Children Complete.

Oh well. Anything will be good. :D

finalark

SNORLAX
I think that when we see Cloud again, he'll be in his AC attire
This reminds me, alternate costumes anyone?

Like how about the Warrior of Light with the Knight's armor? Or Yuna in a wedding dress? Or Cloud in drag?

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Cloud's cool sig is cool.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Kain's EX Mode will be one of two things.

One that I have no idea of (lol), or the class change to a Holy Dragoon (from the IV sequel; great game btw.)

His alternate attire will be one of three things. The Holy Dragoon, Dark Kain (also from the IV sequel and appears in the GBA version), or the Amano colorings or something if the one we see isn't it already.

--

Lightning...will be interesting.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091211084613/finalfantasy/images/e/eb/AmanoLightning.jpg

Blonde Lightning...sounds kinda hot. lol

[EDIT]

Thanks Finalark. Yu-Gi-Oh! is the ****. lol

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
That depends on who we all get.

I have a feeling that Golbez could be a Warrior of Cosmos in the sequel too. Leaving Kain/Dark Kain as the new Warrior of Chaos.

I see either Vincent or Zack as another VII hero. That could give us the likes of Genesis, Angeal, or Weiss the Immaculate as a Warrior of Chaos for the VII side of things. Although Sephiroth COULD still stand alone.

finalark

SNORLAX
So... any love for the other 12 games in the series?

I want to see Maria from II if not just for the sake of having more female characters in the roster as well as Yuna for similar reasons (just give her someone who can actually act this time around). Vivi or perhaps Beatrix from IX (I think that's her name, it's been a while so I'm probably wrong) would be kind of cool. Don't know about III, though, that game wasn't known for it's characters.

Although right now I'd just be happy if they didn't gay Bartz up so much this time around.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Of course. My true love when it comes to RPGs is just Final Fantasy VII, that's all.

If we could have other heroes from IV, I'd want (and this is me trying to think realistically too, not just fanservice favorites. hard to do and I'll probably fail at the realistic choices thing, but hey) someone like Rubicante as an honorable combatant for the Warriors of Chaos.

It's hard to think of another two characters important enough for the original Final Fantasy asides just giving us another Warrior of Light with a different class. In Final Fantasy II, I wouldn't mind someone like Maria or something.

Final Fantasy III, I do not know a lot about so...

Final Fantasy V, I have a good feeling that we could get Gilgamesh. I believe it was said by Nomura that if we got a sequel, Sazh, Gilgamesh, and Kain would all be in the next one. So far we've got Kain (and Sazh could be a second hero for the XIII team unless they truly went with Lightning in the end, of which I approve. love them all though)

Final Fantasy VI is a tougher one, but... Locke and Celes have good shots at being another hero for Cosmos if we get more. As for villains, I can't truly think of anyone who is exactly good enough asides Kefka.

VIII; Seifer as a Warrior of Chaos is pretty obvious.

IX; Vivi and a Black Waltz.

X; Yuna and Seymour. Auron for a candidate too.

XI; (don't know squat about lol) ....

XII; Vaan, Ashe, Vayne, Balthier. Prime choices right there

XIII; Lightning, Sazh, Cid Raines, Galenth Dysley

Versus XIII; Noctis Lucis Caelum

Final Fantasy XIV; whoever stands out I guess, kinda like Shantotto in XI.

Doubt we'll get all of these game series' in (and by that, I mean Versus XIII and Final Fantasy XIV), but it's still worth mentioning. Some of my picks imho.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
III would be another OK, lol there were only three playable charecters in that game and two of them were used as costumes for OK, that just leaves the girl. The villan would probably be Xande kind of a puppet used by CoD.

IV Kain looks like a legit Chaos worrior, but in the instance he's not, Zemus sounds legit. If vise versa I would say Edge for the hero.

V agree with Cloud that Gilgamesh is probably the villain. Maybe Lenna for hero?

VI idk, for vilain. but for hero Shadow sounds Sexy! but in reality it's probably Locke.

VII Vincent and Weiss or Zack and Genesis.

VIII screw it, I hated that game.

Anyone think of the possibility that there wont be a full cast but instead just a few additions?

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
4- Cecil (buffed), Rosa/Rydia
7- Aerith and Tifa
8- Rinoa
9- Dagger, Beatrix
10- Yuna, Auron
10-2 - ??? not a game
12- Anyone of the main 6 except Vaan
13- Lightning, Sazh

Those are what I want to see in Dissidia 2 :p. I hope they make dodging less OP this time. -_- Dissidia 1 can be so campy sometimes.

finalark

SNORLAX
I got an email from Square regarding FFXIV's open beta. And yes, you can use your beta character in the full game.

My computer can barely run StarCraft II, let's see how well this runs...

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo

Orphan's Cradle is the newest stage, representing Final Fantasy XIII.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Dissidia_012_Final_Fantasy

Tifa is also confirmed to be playable (multiple sources vouch for it) as well. There is an assist system to be implimented and re-balancing of movesets, equipment, etc. EX Mode combo cancelling doesn't work apparently. Which I like since it was a major cop-out and the mode is better treated as a final attack.

The new alternate outfits though...can.....can I have this game now? Please?

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Yeah that's what I mean. At least, that's how I'm reading it. The assists stop enemy combos now. They're the ones that save you, not EX Mode. I could be wrong though.

And yes, yes it is. And Lightning's 2nd outfit is based off of Aya Brea.

Oh, and the meaning behind the name makes sense now. This is the 12th cycle of war, making this a prequel to the original Dissidia.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
So if what your saying is true, that confirms it's a new game rather than Downloadable content. Actually I liked the ability to EX gaurd. This is serriously going to effect my Meta Game.

They should stick to FF IMO, and not bring in Kingdom Hearts chars.

Also, who the F is Aya Brea?

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
She's from Parasite Eve. A game's coming out called 3rd Birthday. In that game, Aya got a Lightning outfit. So I guess they returned the favor for Lightning.

Oh, and I'm sure it'll stick with FF characters. It's just a design anyway. A design that's incredibly ******. XD Also, movesets will be changing a bit too I'm sure. So Sephiroth will have some different stuff, maybe to accomodate for the new assist system/etc.

I really like it. I may end up maining Lightning. That or at least secondary her and use her assist (if it's good) alongside Cloud. This is gonna be intense.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I've seen the origional PS game of Parasites eve at a retro game store. I considered buying it but it was too expensive that I decided against it and bought Birth by sleep instead. (it was $40.00 btw)

Anyone thinking Kain and Tifa will be assists? Just saying.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo

I think not.

The assists, from what I've seen, are the use of HP or Brave attacks or something, from another playable character. The little bars beneath the HP one are the assist meters that build up. Kain's EX Mode is the Holy Dragoon.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm really liking the Aya costume for Lightning.
Gives me more incentive to use Lightning. lol

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Onion Knight sucked anyways, all of his attacks did almost 0 brave and if you get a nice defence build you just completely **** him. Almost all his attacks were easily avoidable (other than Thundaga) his best thing going for him was all his brave attacks combo'd into HP attacks.

Terra was OP, all you needed were two moves, Meteor and Holy.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
KH Cloud is cool, but what they really need is Cloud in a dress.

Man, this is bringing back old memories of when I played Dissidia. I mained Emperor, who sucked but was a ton of fun to use. I also messed around with other characters like Zidane (before everyone knew how borderline broken he was), Warrior of Light (Zidane for people who don't want to actually play Zidane), and Bartz (cool combos, good Holy spam, though looking at the latest tier list it seems like everybody knows how to get around that now). I haven't played since everyone thought that Squall was the ****, but it looks like now everybody has realized that yes you do need a good HP game to be good in Dissidia and no Squall's HP game is not that good so shut your ****ing face about it already. It's interesting how in the time after I quit the competitive community has evolved a good amount.

Anyway, Dissidia Duodecim looks cool. I'm excited for Lightning and Kain and I have a laundry list of other characters I'd like to see in it. Unfortunately though, the fact that I can't get Ad Hoc and the fact that I sold my PSP means that I won't be getting it. Still, it looks like it could be fun.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
THE HELL?!

"Additionally, Cloud has a bonus alternate costume which is based on his appearance in Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories and Kingdom Hearts coded and is only accessible as a DLC for those who buy Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep Final Mix. This outfit incorporates elements of Vincent Valentine's appearance, giving Cloud a tattered red cape, a gauntlet with clawed fingers, and bandages around the Buster Sword. A black demonic wing emerges from his left shoulder, as apposed to the black angel wing on Sephiroths right shoulder."

It's one simple thing, but they had better cater to others for this game too and find us a way to get KH!Cloud too. No more of this 'only treating the Japanese special' thing.

Our sales contributed to the making of this sequel anyway, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UHNwbN0Sb0

Trailer for anyone who wants to see. Cloud's new design is based off his Amano design more. It's interesting. Makes me wonder if his VII!SOLDIER uniform is gone entirely though... Unless this means he has the Amano design, VII, AC, and KH as outfits.

Also yay for Tifa.

[EDIT]

Wow, I didn't even see it at first. But Cloud can use Meteorain in the air now. Awesome!

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I can only hope.

It wouldn't make sense if they didn't anyway. DLC nowadays prints money alongside the games. lol

Hope that Sephiroth gets his own KH design too. It'd be cool.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
With having Cloud with his, is just confirming it. There's no question that Sephiroth will get his KH outfit too. I wonder what KH version of Sephiroth will look like in EX. KH Cloud will probably get Advent KH cloud. And maybe they will stick to only 2 alts per person and Origional Cloud will get Advent when he goe's EX.

I like the Origional Sephiroth costume the best though.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
With having Cloud with his, is just confirming it. There's no question that Sephiroth will get his KH outfit too. I wonder what KH version of Sephiroth will look like in EX. KH Cloud will probably get Advent KH cloud. And maybe they will stick to only 2 alts per person and Origional Cloud will get Advent when he goe's EX.

I like the Origional Sephiroth costume the best though.
I'm sure that for Cloud's EX Mode for his KH design, the black wing will come out.

Don't know about KH!Sephiroth though. I want Sephiroth's original one too.

[EDIT]

I'm gonna take a wild stab at a finalized list for Dissidia Duodecim. Character-wise. Keeping in mind that not every series may not be getting new characters. Anybody who shares one of these, " / " between the names, are interchangable imo for who we could be getting.

Warriors of Cosmos

Final Fantasy

• Warrior of Light

Final Fantasy II

• Firion

Final Fantasy III

• Onion Knight

Final Fantasy IV

• Cecil Harvey
• Kain Highwind

Final Fantasy V

• Bartz Klauser
• Faris Scherwiz

Final Fantasy VI

• Terra Branford
• Celes Chere/Locke Cole

Final Fantasy VII

• Cloud Strife
• Tifa Lockhart
• Zack Fair/Vincent Valentine

Final Fantasy VIII

• Squall Leonhart

Final Fantasy IX

• Zidane Tribal
• Vivi Orunitia

Final Fantasy X

• Tidus
• Yuna/Auron

Final Fantasy XI

• Shantotto

Final Fantasy XII

• Ashelia B'nargin Dalmasca
• Vaan/Basch fon Ronsenburg/Balthier

Final Fantasy XIII

• Lightning
• Sazh Katzroy

--

Warriors of Chaos

Final Fantasy

• Garland

Final Fantasy II

• Emperor Mateus

Final Fantasy III

• Cloud of Darkness

Final Fantasy IV

• Golbez
• Rubicante

Final Fantasy V

• Exdeath
• Gilgamesh

Final Fantasy VI

• Kefka

Final Fantasy VII

• Sephiroth
• Angeal Hewley/Genesis Rhapsodos/Weiss the Immaculate/Kadaj

Final Fantasy VIII

• Ultimecia
• Seifer Almasy

Final Fantasy IX

• Kuja
• Black Waltz

Final Fantasy X

• Jecht
• Seymour Guado

Final Fantasy XI

• N/A

Final Fantasy XII

• Judge Gabranth
• Vayne Carudas Solidor

Final Fantasy XIII

• Galenth Dysley/Cid Raines

--

That's my personal roster imo. It'd bring it up to 41 characters, which is a LOT to ask for. But without adding new characters to some of the series numbers, I think we're gonna be getting an impressive amount regardless. I know some of these guys aren't gonna be making it, but I think I could be on the ball with a lot of them. And if we do get a lot of these guys, WOOHOO! Next time I'll go about guessing what the alternate/bonus alternate outfits for them would be.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
XD I remember seeing that.

At times I've actually drawn some rather interesting parallels between the world of Tales of the Abyss and Final Fantasy VII.

When I roleplay even (livejournal 3rd prose writing and whatevs, for the fun of it), I find the casts clicking well with one another. In particular, Cloud & Luke. Anyway, that was a nice revisit to that video. XD

[EDIT]

It's very unlikely to happen, due to Lightning's own situation for the first Dissidia, but it'd be really awesome if we got Noctis from Final Fantasy Versus XIII. As for his role in the cycle of war, to reflect his role in his own game, he's basically a Warrior of Cosmos. I'd say he takes on a role that Gabranth does in a way, only in his situation he is a protector of the Crystals. The same Crystals that the Warriors of Cosmos obtain. or something idk it'd be really **** cool.

Top Bottom