• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Disney Discussion

Are you excited for Toy Story 4?

• No, I thought the trilogy ended perfectly. Pixar should move onto something else.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I never really liked Toy Story.

• Yes, I didn't really grow up with the original trilogy but I would love to see the characters again!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Easily the most emotional episode. I'm interested to see the next one.

THE ORIGINAL MYSTERY TWINS

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Bill is my favorite character in Gravity Falls. Even more so than Grunkle Stan.

He'll be back.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I just saw that episode myself.

It was freaking amazing.

Not only did the "Stan's secret twin" theories turn out to be correct, but they also revealed that brother as the author of the journals.

I'm so hyped.....

We do need some more Bill while they're at it though. :p

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Three things:

Exclusive Spanish Inside Out trailer
One of the many screencaps of Bing Bong

and Baby Riley.

Discuss. :bee:

I'll try to write a "review" of Cinderella on Friday.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'm wondering how the emotions manifest when the human is young in this universe. Do they grow up with the person?

Also wondering how the emotions act under...the other kinds of things.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Three things:

One of the many screencaps of Bing Bong

and Baby Riley.

Discuss. :bee:

I'll try to write a "review" of Cinderella on Friday.

Baby Riley is just soo adorable, here's hoping there's a Riles plushie available alongside Joy.

Her baby self's hairstyle reminds me of Boo's hairstyle from Monsters Inc (they both have pigtails), while her preteen self looks like she has Vi's hairstyle cut down a bit blondefied.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Three things:

That brief moment at 2:05 makes me wonder how these emotions control dreams. Fear clearly pushed a button that made Riley wake up.

And the Spanish dubbing isn't too bad, considering I speak it well. It's quite good.

I NEED THIS GODDAMN MOVIE ALREADY JESUS CHRIST

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Hey how do people here feel about Star Wars Rebels? Personally I think they should have finished the last few arcs of Clone Wars first, Utapau, Darth Maul. Do you think Disney would let them do Clone Wars stuff ever again?

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Hey how do people here feel about Star Wars Rebels? Personally I think they should have finished the last few arcs of Clone Wars first, Utapau, Darth Maul. Do you think Disney would let them do Clone Wars stuff ever again?
I don't like the idea of Star Wars Rebels at all. As I see it, is yet another SW fanfic about a guy that looks like a latino Marth with a lightsaber doing things that will be absolutely worthless because A New Hope exists. Also, Fem Fett is just....why? Why does it even exist? Kid Boba Fett was getting hit with the bat but Fem Fett is like they killed me with a yo-yo. And Smash 3DS's visuals are better than those in the show. I found Darth Maul in Clone Wars contrived as much as you could possibly get. Like how the devil he survived being slain in the torso and a 1000000 m fall? The Force excuse died when the prequels where done. And if Disney cancelled Earth's Mightiest Heroes and replace it with a subpar series called Avengers Assembles, I relly doubt they will finish Clone Wars.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I don't like the idea of Star Wars Rebels at all. As I see it, is yet another SW fanfic about a guy that looks like a latino Marth with a lightsaber doing things that will be absolutely worthless because A New Hope exists. Also, Fem Fett is just....why? Why does it even exist? Kid Boba Fett was getting hit with the bat but Fem Fett is like they killed me with a yo-yo. And Smash 3DS's visuals are better than those in the show. I found Darth Maul in Clone Wars contrived as much as you could possibly get. Like how the devil he survived being slain in the torso and a 1000000 m fall? The Force excuse died when the prequels where done. And if Disney cancelled Earth's Mightiest Heroes and replace it with a subpar series called Avengers Assembles, I relly doubt they will finish Clone Wars.
Well Darth maul grabbed one of the vent shafts, so he didn't fall all the way down.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
During freefall??!! How didn't he slipped or snapped his arm? Nah, I don't remember CW that much.
It was in a novel, he reached out with the force, and that's all he remembers, I'd assume he fell down a trash shoot, and that's how he ended up on Lotho minor.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Ign just reported that Brad Bird is just starting on the script for the 2nd Incredibles movie.

I'm beginning to worry very quickly.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Ign just reported that Brad Bird is just starting on the script for the 2nd Incredibles movie.

I'm beginning to worry very quickly.
Why worry? The original was written and directed by him and it was phenomenal.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Why worry? The original was written and directed by him and it was phenomenal.
I'm more worried about what he might do to Violet's look the 2nd go around (she's my favorite character and she along with her colorful family was the reason I loved the film in the 1st place), depending on how the script looks (I hope if he ages her, he keeps her looking exactly how she did in the 1st film, but older looking (and hopefully no Elastigirl-styled hips, that alone would ruin her otherwise perfect look she had in the 1st film).

He got it right the 1st time (could have been much different had the Iron Giant not bombed soo hard), but I'm beginning to worry that Disney/Pixar will ruin them even with Brad's impressive work.

This is 1 of my fears with what they could do to Violet:

The last thing she needs to be a direct rip-off of her mom's look from the 1st film, I hope she ends up with a body type similar to Mirage's from the 1st film.

Speaking of Mirage, she'd better be in this film as a tribute to her late voice actress.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Some elements of Clone Wars were finished, such as that comic series with Darth Maul and the Lost Missions episodes detailing some of the extra events that didn't come to pass originally.

I like Rebels, for all its worth. Can't wait for Darth Vader to appear in a much bigger role...especially after that last episode with the Inquisitor

allowing himself to die.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Because Disney sequels not named Toy Story suck.

See: Cars 2.

I have faith in Brad, though.
I assume you were just talking about Pixar in this case (even though almost all Disney sequels do suck [Toy Story not included]), but man, The Rescuers Down Under was such a good movie.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I assume you were just talking about Pixar in this case (even though almost all Disney sequels do suck [Toy Story not included]), but man, The Rescuers Down Under was such a good movie.
I was talking about Disney in general. 95% of those sequels they make suffer from extreme sequelitis.

Bar, of course, the good ones like the Rescuers Down Under.

Unless you have a really good idea for a sequel, you keep the Disney movies to one film only. Cars was subpar already, Cars 2 is worse, and that's without getting in the clusterfudge that was Planes and its godawful sequel.

My stance on Disney sequels can be reversed, however, if Finding Dory and Increibles 2 end up good. Monsters University is okay in my opinion; it had a lot to live up to but still managed to be enjoyable despite the circumstances.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Some elements of Clone Wars were finished, such as that comic series with Darth Maul and the Lost Missions episodes detailing some of the extra events that didn't come to pass originally.

I like Rebels, for all its worth. Can't wait for Darth Vader to appear in a much bigger role...especially after that last episode with the Inquisitor

allowing himself to die.
Hope they have more lightsaber duels.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I was talking about Disney in general. 95% of those sequels they make suffer from extreme sequelitis.

Unless you have a really good idea for a sequel, you keep the Disney movies to one film only. Cars was subpar already, Cars 2 is worse, and that's without getting in the clusterfudge that was Planes and its godawful sequel.

My stance on Disney sequels can be reversed, however, if Finding Dory and Increibles 2 end up good. Monsters University is okay in my opinion; it had a lot to live up to but still managed to be enjoyable despite the circumstances.
I still love to pretend that The Hunchback of Notre Dame II never happened.

Nope, never existed. Nope.

Iblistech

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NeosCross
3DS FC
3179-6577-8881
Switch FC
SW-7096-0760-2425

The one I put in bold had better be good, especially since it's coming out on the week of E3 and my birthday next year.

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
The one I put in bold had better be good, especially since it's coming out on the week of E3 and my birthday next year.
I hope so, Nemo was an awesome film, the sequel shouldn't disappoint too much.

Hopefully Bird does his thing and dosen't disappoint us with the 2nd Incredibles.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Inside Out is set to premire at Cannes and another sneak peek has been released.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Looks like Bird is going to treat the 2nd Incredibles just like how he made the 1st one.

http://comicbook.com/2015/04/14/brad-bird-talks-about-what-to-expect-in-the-incredibles-2/

Turns out, he understands what certain fans want, but is going to keep Parrs looking exactly as they did in the 1st film since he was talking about revisiting them (especially the 3 kids, but make them older).

Which means Violet will be older looking but she'll still be skinny regardless (hopefully they don't make her look like her mom).

It's also confirmed that the sequel will be more action packed than the 1st film (which he also mentioned, which is no surprise, since that's what the 1st film needed more of), which leads me to think the Underminer will be 1 of those awesome fights, they might just pull stuff from the comics as well.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I know we talk about Rebels and Clone Wars in here but let's give some love for the films with a new teaser!
I'm still worried about the potential story for this flim though.

On a side note, do you guys want me to extend the OP? I feel it is kind of lacking if I want to generate more discussion.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Harrison NO!!!!! Chewbacca is fine as ever. The hype is in the air though. Exited to see SW7. Hope it doesn't suck like the Phantom Menace.
Inside Out is set to premire at Cannes and another sneak peek has been released.
Wow, Joy is a big jerk. I know her reasoning behind it, but jerk nontheless.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Wow, Joy is a big jerk. I know her reasoning behind it, but jerk nontheless.
Well the previous trailers do establish that there is some friction between the two. Joy worries that Sadness's influence can ruin Riley's first day. I'd agree though, she did act like a jerk towards Sadness in this clip. This rift between the to will definitely be a main conflict throughout the movie.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I know we talk about Rebels and Clone Wars in here but let's give some love for the films with a new teaser!
I'm still worried about the potential story for this flim though.

On a side note, do you guys want me to extend the OP? I feel it is kind of lacking if I want to generate more discussion.
THAT STORMTROOPER AT 1:20.

That new mook Stormtrooper design is hideous.

And sure, extend the OP. Not sure what I'd include, personally, but it could be more open.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Looks like China just leaked Disney Infinity 3.0's figure line-up (this might be Wave 2 as Wave 1 is obviously going to be Star Wars and maybe Indiana Jones):

Olaf (he has a different base compared to Anna and Elsa's from the 1st game, he needs the same base as them since he's the 1st character from a already repped series to get in, although the bases are prototypes, however with Olaf getting in, does this mean the rest of BH6's team and Ferb gets in, along with updating the dialogue for every character from 1.0 and 2.0 so that they can have conversations with each other along with them speaking to the 3.0 characters? (that was 1 of the things that irked most of the fanbase that the 1.0 and 2.0 cast can't talk with one another.)

Sam Flynn and Quorra (not surprised, hoping they are the 3.0's version of Crystal Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey and that they can be played on console versions of 2.0, or otherwise what's the point of adding them in the 1st place, other than possibly creating even more backlash, especially since they were playable on non-console versions of 2.0.)

All 5 Inside Out characters (to be honest I was expecting Joy, Sadness and maybe Riley as figures, but all 5 of them at once? (IO playset possibly? that would fix the mess 2.0 had with the lack of Disney playsets, although Disney must really be banking on IO to be a huge success for all 5 emotions to be playable (it solves what was a big issue with both 1.0 and 2.0 by not having some characters from certain series playable after the film had come out (example: rest of BH6 team for Hiro and Baymax right before the film was released, Olaf to go alongside Anna and Elsa (that's now being fixed thanks to the leaks), it also solves another issue there was no Disney playsets at all in 2.0 and 3.0 may finally get be getting a little bit more diversive).

Fa Mulan (no surprise she made the cut, she's a Disney Princess and a very popular character (and she's in her classic 1998 self), here's hoping Airel is next.)

Classic Mickey and Minnie (wasn't expecting Minnie this early till 4.0 (was expecting Goofy for 3.0), but a 2nd Mickey is a big no no (We have Mickey already and this should have been in the 1st game with his Sorcerer's Apprentice outfit being his costume disk), only reason they probably added him in was to fit in with Donald better, considering that Classic Donald feels out of place next to Mickey wearing his Sorcerer's garb, but this begs the question: Is Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey no longer playable and he's now a costume disk for Classic Mickey? that would be odd since this would make Mickey's Sorcerer's self the 1st character to not return as a playable figure in Disney Infinity's history.)

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
^Come on, this would have been a great time to stick in Darkwing Duck. His Gas Gun is one of the items already, so when the hell is Darkwing going to make the cut proper?

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I snagged the leaked image. Thank me later.

I hope Bing Bong is included in some way.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I snagged the leaked image. Thank me later.

I hope Bing Bong is included in some way.
I'm hoping Go Go Tomago (along with the rest of the BH6 team) and Riley make it in (Olaf being on a franchise which already has 2 reps in Anna and Elsa, proves that current repped series can get additional reps).

Since the series is going to have at least 6 installments (which would last well into 2019), they might reuse the Incredibles again, with the sequel due out between 2018-2019 (except this time playable Jack-Jack and Frozone, along with the updated Parr Family).

If I can't land a Joy plushie, then her figurine will have to do (might get Sadness and Disgust as well, because I have more male figures than female figures, my poor girls need some love).

However if they do reuse the Incredibles for a future Disney Infinity game, I'll have to get the updated Parr Family anyways (and my computer desk can't hold that many figures).

Last edited:

finalark

SNORLAX
I noticed there was Gravity Falls discussion in this thread and decided that I need to subscribe to this.

Anyone else bummed that we're going to have to wait until the summer to see what happens now that the original mystery twins are reunited?

Top Bottom