• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Disney Discussion

Are you excited for Toy Story 4?

• No, I thought the trilogy ended perfectly. Pixar should move onto something else.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I never really liked Toy Story.

• Yes, I didn't really grow up with the original trilogy but I would love to see the characters again!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Trailer #3 for Cinderella was released. Still doesn't seem that interesting for me to sit through after the Frozen short.
Not going to lie: That Totoro plush looks like the best Totoro plush to never exist.
And that's where you're wrong. :smirk:

Too bad it costs $60+ on Amazon.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Trailer #3 for Cinderella was released. Still doesn't seem that interesting for me to sit through after the Frozen short.
This trailer makes me

Not gonna lie, it looks more boring than Maleficent ever was.

Last edited:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Yeah, I'm not too crazy about it.

And that's where you're wrong. :smirk:

Well well. That's a nice looking plush. About as cute and as plushy as my own Totoro plush. lol

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428

I'm glad I won't watch the movie, it looks as boring as the last 2 PG13 clustef*cks with princesses in it. Why the king is evil? Wasn't Tremaine enough? A least the prince looks like he is going to DO and SAY something.

Last edited:

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
Toy Story's having a 20th anniversary this year? God, I feel so old now. @.@

Seriously, are we gonna have another evil king in this movie despite in the original 1950 version, he was good? Yeah, definitely not seeing this one.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Howdy guys, I'm just going to post some random Disney-related stuff because I can.

Disney had Hasbro manufacture a "Descendant" doll line. The figures are intended to be descendents of older Disney villains. More will be shown at the International Toy Fair tomorrow. *Crosses fingers for Pixar toys*

Personally, they look more like scene kids than descendants of villains. :p

Disney is releasing a limited edition line for the Frozen Fever characters.

They're priced for $120.00. They look nice, but I'm not that interested in Frozen merchandise.

And someone uploaded all the Blu-Ray Deleted Scenes for Big Hero 6. The alternate openings seem more fitting but might have added an unnecessary length to the film.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Howdy guys, I'm just going to post some random Disney-related stuff because I can.

Disney had Hasbro manufacture a "Descendant" doll line. The figures are intended to be descendents of older Disney villains. More will be shown at the International Toy Fair tomorrow. *Crosses fingers for Pixar toys*

Personally, they look more like scene kids than descendants of villains. :p

Disney is releasing a limited edition line for the Frozen Fever characters.

They're priced for $120.00. They look nice, but I'm not that interested in Frozen merchandise.

And someone uploaded all the Blu-Ray Deleted Scenes for Big Hero 6. The alternate openings seem more fitting but might have added an unnecessary length to the film.
Yeah I saw the trailer for Descendents...probably not going to watch it. Though I'm afraid the movie will make some of the villains less menacing, than they originally were. Though who is the most evil Disney villain?

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Yeah I saw the trailer for Descendents...probably not going to watch it. Though I'm afraid the movie will make some of the villains less menacing, than they originally were. Though who is the most evil Disney villain?
To answer your question, I would say Claude Frollo. He kills Quasimodo's mother, abuses Quasimodo after he is given custody of him, and lusts after Esmerelda (despite wanting to kill all gypsies). Frollo represents the effects of corruption in power that I don't really see in a lot of Disney villains. I'm interested to hear your thoughts. :seuss:

Some minor NY Toy fair news: Besides the plethora of Star Wars and Marvel merchandise, Disney's only presence on the first day was through Hasbro's line of Descendants dolls.
It's interesting to see Disney work with Hasbro instead of Mattel after all these years.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
To answer your question, I would say Claude Frollo. He kills Quasimodo's mother, abuses Quasimodo after he is given custody of him, and lusts after Esmerelda (despite wanting to kill all gypsies). Frollo represents the effects of corruption in power that I don't really see in a lot of Disney villains. I'm interested to hear your thoughts. :seuss:

Some minor NY Toy fair news: Besides the plethora of Star Wars and Marvel merchandise, Disney's only presence on the first day was through Hasbro's line of Descendants dolls.
It's interesting to see Disney work with Hasbro instead of Mattel after all these years.
I agree Frollo takes the cake.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I should probably put this here (though it's actually pretty old); a new spinoff of The Lion King s'pposed to start with a TV movie this fall (then get a series the following year); http://www.ew.com/article/2014/06/10/disney-lion-king-spinoff-lion-guard

And immediately, there's problems here; why is the main character another spinoff baby, why does said spinoff baby have some magic mark that is unique to him and glows..... why does this plot sound like a horrible fanfic? Oi vey. And it's on Disney Junior, a channel that is also known for such amazing programs as...Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
The main character is literally "Simba as a cub, but with a tuft, magic glowy paw print on his shoulders and a different name." Seriously. He's like every little kid's Gary-Stu rolled into one canon character.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
I should probably put this here (though it's actually pretty old); a new spinoff of The Lion King s'pposed to start with a TV movie this fall (then get a series the following year); http://www.ew.com/article/2014/06/10/disney-lion-king-spinoff-lion-guard

And immediately, there's problems here; why is the main character another spinoff baby, why does said spinoff baby have some magic mark that is unique to him and glows..... why does this plot sound like a horrible fanfic? Oi vey. And it's on Disney Junior, a channel that is also known for such amazing programs as...Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
The main character is literally "Simba as a cub, but with a tuft, magic glowy paw print on his shoulders and a different name." Seriously. He's like every little kid's Gary-Stu rolled into one canon character.
WHAT?! I know people have a lot of Lion King-bias, but this is RIDICULOUS!

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
A new DuckTales series? Sorry, but I'm not too optimistic about this. I hate it when companies try to bring back old shows, but they always come up with some way to ruin it. I'm already like this with the new PPG series coming up, so seeing a new DuckTales series coming up in a couple years is just a big 'no' to me.

For the Lion Guard, I'm very unsure about it myself. Kion reminds me way too much like a mix of young Simba & Kopa from those old Lion King books with a 'magic, glowy paw print' on him. I wouldn't be too surprised that they made Kion more of a Gary-Stu that can do no wrong while others do. He may be another Twilight Sparkle, but I won't discuss this here. That's for another topic.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
A new Inside Out poster has appeared:

With the movie's release only 3 months away it's nice to see more teases like this. I'm speculating that one of the later trailers will show Bing Bong in action.

I never asked but what are your favorite Pixar films, from first to least/worst?
  1. Toy Story 2
  2. Toy Story
  3. The Incredibles
  4. Toy Story 3
  5. Up
  6. Wall-E
  7. Ratatouille
  8. Monsters, Inc.
  9. Finding Nemo
  10. A Bug's Life
  11. Monster's University
  12. Brave
  13. Cars
  14. Cars 2
Despite being an avid Toy Story fanatic, I didn't enjoy the 3rd as much as its predecessors. The motive for the toys ending up at Sunnyside still doesn't make any logical sense to me. But eh.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215

With the movie's release only 3 months away it's nice to see more teases like this. I'm speculating that one of the later trailers will show Bing Bong in action.

I never asked but what are your favorite Pixar films, from first to least/worst?
  1. Toy Story 2
  2. Toy Story
  3. The Incredibles
  4. Toy Story 3
  5. Up
  6. Wall-E
  7. Ratatouille
  8. Monsters, Inc.
  9. Finding Nemo
  10. A Bug's Life
  11. Monster's University
  12. Brave
  13. Cars
  14. Cars 2
Despite being an avid Toy Story fanatic, I didn't enjoy the 3rd as much as its predecessors. The motive for the toys ending up at Sunnyside still doesn't make any logical sense to me. But eh.
Interchange Wall-E with Monsters Inc., Toy Story 3 with Finding Nemo and we've got the same list

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

1. Toy Story 2
  2. Toy Story
  3. The Incredibles
  4. Toy Story 3
  5. Up
  6. Wall-E
  7. Ratatouille
  8. Monsters, Inc.
  9. Finding Nemo
  10. A Bug's Life
  11. Monster's University
  12. Brave
  13. Cars
  14. Cars 2
Order the first, second and third places with Toy Story 3, 2 and 1 respectively, move Incredibles to 4th, put Monsters Inc in fifth, put Ratatouille where Monsters Inc was and you have my list.

It's really hard to dislike a Pixar film with the exceptions of Cars and Cars 2, so that's based on my own liking.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
Here's my list of favorite to least favorite Pixar movies:

1. Finding Nemo
  2. Up
  3. Toy Story 3
  4. The Incredibles
  5. Wall-E
  6. Toy Story
  7. Ratatouille
  8. Toy Story 2
  9. Brave
  10. Monsters Inc.
  11. A Bug's Life
  12. Monsters University
  13. Cars
  14. Cars 2
The Cars movies are definitely my least favorites while Monsters University may be okay, but it's still not my favorite movie from Pixar. Tbh, I got pretty bored from watching the latter. Guess it's not my cup of tea.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
My list of favorite to least of Pixar:
1. Up
2. Toy Story 2
3. Toy Story
4. The Incredibles
5. Toy Story 3
6. Monsters Inc.
7. Ratatouille
8. Findind Nemo
9. WALL-E
10. Monster's University
11. Brave
12. Bug's Life
13. Cars
14. Cars 2

Toy Story 3 s low due to the really cheesy ending. Have a soft-spot for MI and I don't like Nemo THAT much. As much I thought MU was very nyeh, I liked it more than Brave (I slept watching it) and Bug's Life. Cars 2 is the worst no questions asked.

I would do a favorite/least favorite Disney film list, but there's a ton so it might take a while.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
Huh this is interesting.
http://pixarplanet.com/blog/toy-story-4-details-surface/

With the way it's phrased, it seems this won't affect the triology which is definitely a plus if you were worried. I'm more worried about it's story since they aren't planning on focusing on the child-toy relationship.
This is actually good because there's no way they could top Toy Story 3's ending with an actual continuation. From what's said here, though, it does sound pretty worrying. The whole child-toy relationship worked, so a fourth movie without that would be concerning.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
1. Toy Story 2
2. Toy Story
3. The Incredibles
4. Monsters University
5. Finding Nemo
6. Monsters Inc.
7. Ratatouille
8. Brave
9. A Bug's Life
10. Cars
11. Cars 2
12. Toy Story 3

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Here's my list of favorite Pixar films:
1. The Incredibles
2. Finding Nemo
3. Toy Story
4. Toy Story 2
5. Ratatouille
6. Toy Story 3
7. Wall-E
8. Brave
9. Monsters Inc.
10. A Bug's Life

Can't wait for the 2nd Incredibles news to start leaking (hopefully soon), since we're 10 days away till the day the 2nd movie was announced (soo far only Frozone is somewhat confirmed at the moment and Jack-Jack was somewhat teased, only sad part is that who's playing Mirage now that her original voice actress died late last year), haven't seen Toy Story 3 yet (even though, I've seen the 1st 2 and they were really good, heard the 3rd film is quite sad at the end), can't wait for Finding Dory that is going to be a riot of a film (hopefully it dosen't turn out to be as bad as the 2nd Cars film).

Last edited:

Iblistech

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NeosCross
3DS FC
3179-6577-8881
Switch FC
SW-7096-0760-2425
As far as my favorite Pixar movies go, here they are:

Finding Nemo
Brave
Cars
Up
Monsters Inc.
The Incredibles
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
A Bug's Life
Ratatoullie
Toy Story 3

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
New Inside Out trailer tomorrow! :colorful::colorful::colorful:
Here's my list of favorite Pixar films:
1. The Incredibles
2. Finding Nemo
3. Toy Story
4. Toy Story 2
5. Ratatouille
6. Toy Story 3
7. Wall-E
8. Brave
9. Monsters Inc.
10. A Bug's Life

Can't wait for the 2nd Incredibles news to start leaking (hopefully soon), since we're 10 days away till the day the 2nd movie was announced (soo far only Frozone is somewhat confirmed at the moment and Jack-Jack was somewhat teased, only sad part is that who's playing Mirage now that her original voice actress died late last year), haven't seen Toy Story 3 yet (even though, I've seen the 1st 2 and they were really good, heard the 3rd film is quite sad at the end), can't wait for Finding Dory that is going to be a riot of a film (hopefully it dosen't turn out to be as bad as the 2nd Cars film).
Nice list, it's no suprise you're an Incredibles fan. ;)

I'm actually looking forward to the direction Pixar will take with Incredibles 2. The leaked plot details take the story in the direction I speculated it would: a time skip with Jack-Jack being confused with his powers. They better give Frozone memorable lines in the next film. You should check out Toy Story 3, some fans connect with the film more than others. Regardless of what everyone thinks, it's easily the darkest of the 3 Toy Stories.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
New Inside Out trailer tomorrow! :colorful::colorful::colorful:

Nice list, it's no suprise you're an Incredibles fan. ;)

I'm actually looking forward to the direction Pixar will take with Incredibles 2. The leaked plot details take the story in the direction I speculated it would: a time skip with Jack-Jack being confused with his powers. They better give Frozone memorable lines in the next film. You should check out Toy Story 3, some fans connect with the film more than others. Regardless of what everyone thinks, it's easily the darkest of the 3 Toy Stories.

As expected it's going to end up like a full movie version of Jack-Jack Attack, I hope they age Violet right and they have her keep her infamous long black hair and she dosen't end up with a body shape similar to her mom's (hope she gets a body shape similar to Mirage's from the 1st film, even though there's no relation between the 2).

Granted Violet with shorter hair would have worked in the 1st film perfectly (then the film wouldn't have the problems it had when they started her scenes).

Also the part where Jack-Jack was teased, was because Frozone's voice actor (aka Nick Fury/Samuel L. Jackson) wanted to see what they can do with the baby during last year's interview (he also expected his character's role to be more minor than the 1st film, so Frozone might not even get to say any of his famous lines), plus we haven't even figured out what the full plot is yet, so the sequel could focus on anyone of the Parr family at this point (I suspect they might pull some stuff from the comics (which brought in some of the 1st film's unused concepts), such as Elastigirl's dark past with Xever (who was intented to be the 1st film's main baddie), which they could use Violet's current boyfriend Tony as a possible connection between the 2 (maybe Tony being Helen's long lost son (probably a year before her wedding with Bob and before Violet's birth) and he's adopted by the Rydinger family, although that would be very weird, but would make an interesting plot, then again if the sequel focuses on Jack-Jack as rumored, I won't complain (although I will be sad if Violet gets the same exact body as her mom, it works perfectly with Helen, but looks pretty wrong on Violet).

And speaking of Vi, in the 1st film I heard there was a blooper with her having her hair fizzled out (it was when she was stalking who-know-who at her school, right before she said her 1st line in the movie, hoping there's a gif with that.)

Also Angel Kitty plush is soo adorable, I want 1, I love cats.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Doubt left for this movie = 0%

I have to see Tomorrowland's trailer.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Wait, if the emotions have emotions instead of a single one, do they have voices in their heads too? This movie has not been released yet and already there's a plothole.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Wait, if the emotions have emotions instead of a single one, do they have voices in their heads too? This movie has not been released yet and already there's a plothole.
I don't see it as much of a plot hole since:
  • The characters aren't one dimensional. Just because Joy is usually happy doesn't mean that she should not show fear in certain situations. Would it make sense for her to show excitement when she encounters the nightmarish clown?
  • The emotions live in their own world within Riley's mind. While Riley is controlled by the 5 emotions, they view their individual roles as a job (for lack of better term).

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Looks like we have a Frozen warning in effect for the next 3 years, because Frozen 2 is happening.

No news on the Incredibles 2 yet (probably not untill after Tomorrowland hits theaters), but I did see Inside Out and Tomorrowland's trailers they both look like they might be decent (TL looks like it'll be the winner between it and IO), it seems Joy and Sadness are the 2 major characters of IO, so they're guarantee a spot for Disney Infinity 3.0.

And it seems the 1st Star Wars spin-off is titled Rouge One (thought the 1st film was going to be Boba Fett's spin-off), and Episode VIII is getting a 2017 release.

Last edited:
Top Bottom