• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Disney Discussion

Are you excited for Toy Story 4?

• No, I thought the trilogy ended perfectly. Pixar should move onto something else.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I never really liked Toy Story.

• Yes, I didn't really grow up with the original trilogy but I would love to see the characters again!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

Ignore the Toy Story 4 poll on the top of the thread, I'm trying to get it removed.
-Space Stranger

Welcome to the Disney General Discussion thread! In this thread, feel free too discuss anything relating to the Walt Disney Company. All discussion related to Disney films, Pixar, Disney cartoons, Marvel, Star Wars, the Disney parks, merchandise, etc. is welcome here.
As always, keep discussion civil and respect the opinions of other users. Remember to follow the Smash World Forums rules. Regarding upcoming film releases, try to use spoilers when discussing significant plot details for the sake of other users.

Have Fun!​

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
Toy Story was an interesting phenomenon for me. I'm 21, and I've heard a lot of people around my age talk about how the end of Harry Potter marked the end of their childhood, but funnily enough, it was Toy Story what did that for me. (btw, I do like hp)

I'd seen the first two when I was so young, so Toy Story 3 kinda came out of nowhere and sealed the deal for me. When Andy gave Woody away, I think I almost died from all the feels.

I feel conflicted about the idea that a fourth is in the works, but to be fair, they haven't given us a bad Toy Story yet. It's not like the 4th Aliens installment or anything like that. Realistically, there's no reason to doubt that the movie will be great.

Also, since this is a general Disney thread, I'll say that I absolutely adore their 2d style of animation (hand-drawn). Visually, I think Atlantis is probably one of my favorite films ever.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I concur, I grew up with Toy Story as well and I was excited for Toy Story 3's announcement back in 2008. Toy Story 4's announcement, however, left me more concerned with the end result since 3 wrapped up everything nicely. I do have faith that Lasseter and the new writers will deliver a phenomenal film. In the coming years, we will receive more details about the film.

Atlantis is one of the underrated gems from the '00s decade of Disney films. Probably due to the mediocrity of most of the animated films during the decade compared to the Disney Renaissance. Speaking of Atlantis, I should probably re-watch the film along with Treasure Planet in my free time.

I really hope Disney decides to utilize hand-drawn films for their future works so that they can mix up the 3D and hand-drawn films for the audiences. Frozen's hand-drawn concept art would have made a beautiful full-length feature.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
A new reply in months! :bee:

*Ahem*
Toy Story's impact on the animation industry as a whole is significant since it pioneered the use of CGI animation. I'm interested to see what Disney and Pixar does to commemorate the milestone. 2015 is going to be a great year for Pixar with the release of both Inside Out in June and Good Dinosaur in November.

On the Disney side, I'm interested in learning more about the next Disney Princess film, "Moana". The film is set to release in 2016.
http://blogs.disney.com/oh-my-disne...-animation-studios-announces-2016-film-moana/

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
A new reply in months! :bee:

*Ahem*
Toy Story's impact on the animation industry as a whole is significant since it pioneered the use of CGI animation. I'm interested to see what Disney and Pixar does to commemorate the milestone. 2015 is going to be a great year for Pixar with the release of both Inside Out in June and Good Dinosaur in November.

On the Disney side, I'm interested in learning more about the next Disney Princess film, "Moana". The film is set to release in 2016.
http://blogs.disney.com/oh-my-disne...-animation-studios-announces-2016-film-moana/
Your new sig brought my attention to this, +1 for the Doctor Who gif :D
Inside Out looks promising actually.
Good Dinosaur? Might've heard about this one but forgot.
Moana could go the way of Brave, the premise sounds nice, but it's a bit familiar.
What'd you think of Brave?

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Your new sig brought my attention to this, +1 for the Doctor Who gif :D
Inside Out looks promising actually.
Good Dinosaur? Might've heard about this one but forgot.
Moana could go the way of Brave, the premise sounds nice, but it's a bit familiar.
What'd you think of Brave?
When I first heard of Brave (originally titled "The Bear & The Bow), I was interested in the concept of a female lead in a medieval setting. I spent most of 2012 scouring the internet for trailers up until the opening day. After I saw the film, I felt that it was underwhelming compared to what the trailers were trying to suggest. Merida spent the latter half of the film following the wisps that led her to her fate. The whole concept of the wisps were arguably the weakest point of the film since they hold Merida's hand through each of her problems resulting in her having little to no control with the conflict in the film. I blame the sub-par story on the director shift that happened in the middle of development. The same shift is happening with Good Dinosaur and I'm slightly worried how it will turn out. Only time will tell I guess. :p

This might just be me but I felt the jokes in the film seemed more childish than usual.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Anyway, can someone tell me why people call Moana the new Disney Princess? We know almost nothing about her yet.

Also, should Spider-Man movie rights go back to Marvel?

And considering how the Maleficent movie was (some hate it, some love it, I think it was average), any hopes on the new Cinderella?

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
It says she's a princess here: http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Moana
I'm interested to see how they will approach this concept.

I hope Sony eventually returns Spidey to Marvel considering how successful the other films have been. Spider-Man in an Avengers film would be a godsend. But Deadpool is getting his own movie and that's all that matters.

I'm not really interested in the new Cinderella actually. Considering how poorly they handled Maleficent's character in Maleficent, I'm not too interested in the latest live-action Princess film.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
It says she's a princess here: http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Moana
I'm interested to see how they will approach this concept
*Looks at page*
"Moana Waialiki will be Disney's first Polynesian princess."
Oh...
I hope Sony eventually returns Spidey to Marvel considering how successful the other films have been. Spider-Man in an Avengers film would be a godsend. But Deadpool is getting his own movie and that's all that matters.
True. No matter how much Avengers there are and fangirls they have, Spidey is and will always Marvel's mascot. Disney is conscious of that, that's why they give him equal promotion, though not his movie rights, they still own everything else. Heck, he's even a meet and greet character in Disneyland Paris. Hope he comes to the MCU soon. Would be better if it wasn't coming from Fox.
I'm not really interested in the new Cinderella actually. Considering how poorly they handled Maleficent's character in Maleficent, I'm not too interested in the latest live-action Princess film.
Honestly I'm more excited for the Frozen short playing before the movie. Still I'll give it a chance.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
HALLELUJAH A DISNEY THREAD EXISTS

I have mixed feelings regarding Toy Story 4. On one hand, cool, Toy Story, but on the other, they ended 3 so perfectly. If they can pick up the franchise again with a fresh idea, I'm all for it, but as of now I'm worried.

And Inside Out's concept has me hooked, considering that psychology never ceases to me.

Last edited:

Spirst

Was very confused for a bit.

I've yet to form an established opinion on Toy Story 4 yet due to the information being rather limited at the moment. The trilogy DID end well but if they're renewing it, I have some degree of optimism it's for good reason.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
OMG! MORE REPLIES! *wheezes harder than Wheezy*

Yeah, I can understand being hesitant being excited for Toy Story 4 after how 3 ended and how Lasseter handled Cars 2. Regardless, I still trust that they can do the franchise justice. We might see a small teaser later in the year since the original Toy Story is turning 20.

Speaking of Toy Story, I found a bunch of old/scrapped concepts for Toy Story 2, 3, and That Time Forgot.

Toy Story 2's original script: http://www.raindance.org/site/picture/upload//image/general/movies/toy_story_2.pdf
The original plot is similar to the one that we have now except:
  • This was originally a direct-to-video sequel
  • Jessie was originally "Señorita Cactus"
  • Bullseye could talk
  • Utility Belt Buzz was originally "Ultra Buzz" and didn't leave Al's Toy Barn
  • Buzz reverts back into "Space Ranger" mode after his encounter with Zurg in Al's Toy Barn (there was some footage of this in the Toy Story 2 Special edition DVD)
  • Señorita Cactus and Prospector were both the villians who were written as pretentious collector's items
  • Woody has a moment were he acts a little pretentious too until he almost falls out of Al's Penthouse
Toy Story 3: Originally going to be developed by Disney's "Circle 7 Animation" where Buzz has a defect and is sent to Taiwan until the toys learn what happens to recalled toys and journey to Taiwan to save him. I didn't like the concept when I heard about it a few years ago but the additional concept art that has popped up has changed my mind for what "could have been".
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=112853

Toy Story That Time Forgot: There isn't that much concept art since the special is only a month old but I found an artist on Tumblr who drew the concept art on the toys. I, personally, would have wanted to see the Elf on a Shelf character since he might have added more to the Christmas theme than Angel Kitty. The original Battlesaurs look more fierce than their final appearance.
http://tulanoodle.tumblr.com/ (scroll down, to see some of the art)

I found a leaked image of a "secret character" from Pixar's Inside Out except it appears the imgur link has been taken down. Regardless, I have a picture of the plush of the toy. He is apparently Riley's imaginary friend. Who knows what his role is in the film?

I may or may not have spent so much time on this post...

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I found a leaked image of a "secret character" from Pixar's Inside Out except it appears the imgur link has been taken down. Regardless, I have a picture of the plush of the toy. He is apparently Riley's imaginary friend. Who knows what his role is in the film?
With the concept taken into account, this Heffalump weird thing could potentially be a side character in Riley's mind, living there as a figment of her imagination.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I doubt Bing Bong's "leaked" image from TOMY being taken down would mean that he's a side character. He might be a potential antagonist who wants to control Riley's mind with her imagination or something along those lines.

Pixar is probably trying to keep him underwraps for a later trailer this year.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Speculation always sucks.

But hey, he's pink and looks cute, just might be the next Lotso.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
I'm seriously not looking forward to Toy Story 4 unless it's a reboot (in which I'll be fine with). Mainly because Toy Story 3 ended everything on a sad, but bittersweet note and after Cars 2, I don't know if I should trust John Lasseter after he directed that godawful film.

For Pixar's newer films coming out later this year, I'm pretty mixed on them. It doesn't help that the concepts for both films have been done many times before (for Inside Out's case, Osmosis Jones, but without the germs as characters), but the Good Dinosaur has one thing that makes the movie a bit more interesting to me, and that's the villain being nature itself. I don't see this all too often, but there's still a scare that the movie's original director left during production, so it's pretty much Brave all over again.

They might be good, but I'm not gonna be too optimistic about this.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Edit, here's that "leaked" picture of Bing Bong. The same company is also manufacturing toys for The Good Dinosaur. The figure gives us a decent image of what the character is supposed to look like.

And this article I found on Stitch Kingdom calls him a "key character". http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-first-look-inside-out-pixar-bing-bong-74021/

The only "theory" I can think of is that he's a potential villain who wants Riley's imagination to control her mind or something similar to that. First Lotso, and now (possibly) Bing Bong! Pink = EVIL!

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
So, since this is a general Disney thread, I'm gonna leave my top five Disney movies here.
  1. Hercules
  2. Toy Story 2
  3. Emperor's New Groove
  4. Lion King
  5. Peter Pan

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The only "theory" I can think of is that he's a potential villain who wants Riley's imagination to control her mind or something similar to that. First Lotso, and now (possibly) Bing Bong! Pink = EVIL!
This theory is creepy considering the "little people inside your head" concept of Inside Out. A figment of imagination takes over the mind...

Do these emotions control dreams, too? Are they random nightmare fuel?

I'm telling you, creepy.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Edit, here's that "leaked" picture of Bing Bong. The same company is also manufacturing toys for The Good Dinosaur. The figure gives us a decent image of what the character is supposed to look like.

And this article I found on Stitch Kingdom calls him a "key character". http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-first-look-inside-out-pixar-bing-bong-74021/

My God, when did Lots'o and the Pink Elephants crossed to Dr. Seuss universe and had a child with Horton?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm still quite iffy about Toy Story 4. I actually sort of dreaded that they'd do a 4th one for a while solely because of how perfectly 3 wrapped up the franchise and original story of the toys and Andy. It just felt like the perfect ending.

I won't completely lose hope on it just yet though, no reason to have no hope when we haven't even seen so much as a trailer of it. Plus, I do have some faith, they're Pixar after all. I feel there's still a good chance they'll be able to do some justice for a 4th film.

As for Inside Out, I saw a trailer for it at a theater the other day and I've already fallen in love with it. Can't wait for it to come out!

______

Also, does discussion have to be limited to just films here?

Because I must say I've really be enjoying the Mickey Mouse shorts that have been produced for and airing on Disney channel as of late.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

Because I must say I've really be enjoying the Mickey Mouse shorts that have been produced for and airing on Disney channel as of late.
No, the reason why I changed the title of the thread was so that anything Disney could be discussed here.

The Mickey Mouse shorts are fun to watch, I haven't seen most of them since I'm usually to preoccupied to watch TV.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I

Not really, anything Disney can be discussed here, ANYTHING.

That includes Lucasfilms, Marvel, ESPN, Pixar, abc, Disney Junior... ugh, Disney Channel too.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Not really, anything Disney can be discussed here, ANYTHING.

That includes Lucasfilms, Marvel, ESPN, Pixar, abc, Disney Junior... ugh, Disney Channel too.
Ooh ESPN
Last good show I watched on the Disney Channel was..... um..... forever ago
The program block before Disney XD was awesome though
Edit: It was called jetix!
It had pretty good shows like Ying Yang Yo, American Dragon Jake Long, Static Shock at one point
Ah, nostalgia

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I happened to catch a few episodes of Star Wars Rebels on XD during Christmas vacation. A shame the Darth Vader scene didn't turn up, but hey, it would have sucked in Spanish.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Personally I think Disney XD is better than Disney Channel nowadays.

I mean, it has Kick Buttowski, Randy Cunninghan, Wander Over Yonder (at least here in Latin America it's only transmitted there), even the Marvel Universe block shows despite all the hate they gather (which Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. totally deserves by the way) have episodes that range from average to epic (Planet Doom, anyone?).

Sure, it has some boring shows like Slug Terra and some bad sitcoms, but if we compare the number of the latter of both channels... ugh, there's a reason why most Disney fans don't want to talk about it. Only good things on Disney Channel right now are Gravity Falls and the ocassional decent Phineas & Ferb episode, it's even worse here as they have a novel of their own called Violetta that for some reason they love to spam.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Personally I think Disney XD is better than Disney Channel nowadays.

I mean, it has Kick Buttowski, Randy Cunninghan, Wander Over Yonder (at least here in Latin America it's only transmitted there), even the Marvel Universe block shows despite all the hate they gather (which Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. totally deserves by the way) have episodes that range from average to epic (Planet Doom, anyone?).

Sure, it has some boring shows like Slug Terra and some bad sitcoms, but if we compare the number of the latter of both channels... ugh, there's a reason why most Disney fans don't want to talk about it. Only good things on Disney Channel right now are Gravity Falls and the ocassional decent Phineas & Ferb episode, it's even worse here as they have a novel of their own called Violetta that for some reason they love to spam.
If it wasn't for Gravity Falls and Phineas & Ferb, Disney Channel would be full of cringeworthy, "trendy" garbage with the occassional Mickey Mouse short and Disney films.

I'm still kind of miffed that Toon Disney is gone. Jetix was decent and XD has it's ups and downs.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I hate most of the sitcoms on XD but I don't mind the ones on Disney Channel.

Sadly Gravity Falls and Wander Over Yonder do not currently regularly air on Disney Channel as it stands now (they only air new episodes on Disney Channel I believe, they're shown more often on XD). A similar case is with Phineas & Ferb, though Disney Channel often airs reruns of them really early in the morning as well.

I'm just glad they air on Disney Channel at all, but I still think it's absolutely dumb that they pretty much moved Gravity Falls and Wander Over Yonder to XD.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I barely watch TV anyway.

Though Gravity Falls has me glued to my laptop screen when I get free time and I'm not drawing.

Last edited:

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
I can't stand Disney Channel anymore because they still air those awful tween shows. Only show I watch on there before I officially gave up on it was Gravity Falls, but since there are other alternatives for the show, I just see Disney Channel as a huge waste of time.

Of course, there's also the Mickey Mouse shorts on Disney Channel, too, and I find those pretty decent.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Big Hero 6 goes to show that Marvel/Disney can adapt things unknown to the general public and make it awesome. And it's the second time, too, after Guardians Of The Galaxy(and look how both turned out).

Baymax is also friggin adorable. :cheep:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
No Big Hero 6 or Frozen? :)
I don't like Frozen, and I was super busy with school when BH6 was in theaters, so I wasn't able to see it. Looking forward to seeing it when it comes out on Blue-Ray, though.

Also, Hercules is in my top three favorite animated movies of all time, placing second, before Transformers (the one from the late 80's) and after The Road to El Dorado, one of my favorite movies of all time.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
If it wasn't for Gravity Falls and Phineas & Ferb, Disney Channel would be full of cringeworthy, "trendy" garbage with the occassional Mickey Mouse short and Disney films.

I'm still kind of miffed that Toon Disney is gone. Jetix was awesome ;3 and XD has it's ups and downs.
Fixed.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I don't like Frozen, and I was super busy with school when BH6 was in theaters, so I wasn't able to see it. Looking forward to seeing it when it comes out on Blu-Ray, though.
Frozen is admittedly given a lot more hype than normal, and I say this as someone who enjoyed the movie.

Big Hero 6 is seriously worth your time. That is all.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
As much as I liked Frozen, I still don't think it's the best Disney movie of all time. That honor goes to the Lion King. Sure the movie's in the same level as Frozen when it comes to being overrated, but I think it had a better story compared to Frozen.

I'm thinking about buying Big Hero 6 on DVD whenever it comes out. Never got to when it was in theaters because back then, I wasn't all that interested in it. I am now. :p

Top Bottom