• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Disney Discussion

Are you excited for Toy Story 4?

• No, I thought the trilogy ended perfectly. Pixar should move onto something else.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I never really liked Toy Story.

• Yes, I didn't really grow up with the original trilogy but I would love to see the characters again!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Why haven't I learned of this magical place?
Because it has been buried for a few months and was only revived by the sands on time.

I decided to incorporate the link in my signature.
/shameless advertising at it's finest.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
On Frozen, I like the movie a lot. That being said, I DO think it's overhyped. Though it still also saddens me a bit when people outright hate it due to its overhype-ness. Like seriously. People swear it's either the second coming or the devil incarnate. There's middle ground, people. :p

Going to see Big Hero 6 tonight actually. My campus gets movies for its theater in the interim between regular theater time and the DVD/BluRay release, haha. Excited!

I'm still waiting for the unvealing of a sixth emotion for Inside Out that's male and orange: Surprise. Those familiar with social psychology might know why this is my current theory about the movie. :p Essentially, it equalizes male and female emotions, gives the six major colors of the rainbow, and completes the six universal emotions.

Favorite Disney Film? The Hunchback of Notre Dame. No questions asked. :D

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Going to see Big Hero 6 tonight actually. My campus gets movies for its theater in the interim between regular theater time and the DVD/BluRay release, haha. Excited!
*baymax thumbs up again*

I'm still waiting for the unvealing of a sixth emotion for Inside Out that's male and orange: Surprise.
not.jpg

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Movie-wise: I'm hoping to see Big Hero 6 and Into the Woods sometime soon.

___

Animated shows-wise....has anyone else looked into Star vs. the Forces of Evil?

I actually think it looks pretty fun and clever, but I'll have to wait for some more episodes to come out first before I can really give a strong opinion on it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Saw Big Hero 6 last night! Really liked it!

I thought I spoiled myself with a youtube comment that had a million thumbs up saying that Yokai was Tadashi, so there actually WAS a feeling of surprise for me. Still wish I didn't spoil the Stan Lee thing though. :p That, and "I am satisfied with my care" tore up my insides. Iron Giant all over again, man. Actually a lot of it reminded me of that movie. "Baymax, destroy," too. "Is that what Tadashi would have wanted?"

In other words, lots of laughs and lots of feels. I also like how the chip kept Baymax's memories, as noted when he says Hiro's name upon reboot.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
It's amazing how Tadashi is gone for a majority of the movie yet he's a central component of the entire story.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I love how Big Hero 6 has the balls to hide a reference to

Half Life.

Riggy Rascal

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2363-5630-4667
Animated shows-wise....has anyone else looked into Star vs. the Forces of Evil?

I actually think it looks pretty fun and clever, but I'll have to wait for some more episodes to come out first before I can really give a strong opinion on it.
They sure seem to be excited about it what with how much the commercial comes on XD. I agree, it looks like it'll be fun. On a side note, I only hope there isn't much of a romance aspect in there somewhere. I got a feeling there won't be, but hey, it's a disney cartoon about someone fighting evil along with her male sidekick, and well, I saw how Kim Possible ended so it's a maybe.

Nino Rybicki

Smash Cadet
I'm kinda against the idea of a fourth movie. The third movie had a good ending. Also, I don't want the toys to lose another owner. I mean, Jessie had to deal with both Emily and Andy outgrowing her. Woody had to deal with his beloved Bo Peep being sold. I think it would put too much stress on them if Bonnie outgrew them.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I seriously doubt they'd try to give the toys yet another new owner after Bonnie. Toy Story 3 pretty much ended and wrapped up the toy's life and story with Andy with them being passed onto Bonnie, I really don't think they would go in that direction all over again. The folks at Pixar seem to know better than to try and rehash something that would have (and did) have a great effect just once. The execution of it was perfect, it's not something they can just do again, and I'm sure Pixar is well aware of that.

That said, Toy Story 3 sort of wrapped the entire movie franchise as a whole up pretty well. So I do still have my doubts on the fourth film....

Last edited:

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Wait, another Toy Story movie? NO, PIXAR JUST NO! Incredibles needs a sequel, Toy Story is over! NO!...It better not suck. And as a new one around, my favorite Disney movies are The Black Cauldron and Great Mouse Detective. You read right, I like The Black Cauldron.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Personally I think Disney XD is better than Disney Channel nowadays.

I mean, it has Kick Buttowski, Randy Cunninghan, Wander Over Yonder (at least here in Latin America it's only transmitted there), even the Marvel Universe block shows despite all the hate they gather (which Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. totally deserves by the way) have episodes that range from average to epic (Planet Doom, anyone?).

Sure, it has some boring shows like Slug Terra and some bad sitcoms, but if we compare the number of the latter of both channels... ugh, there's a reason why most Disney fans don't want to talk about it. Only good things on Disney Channel right now are Gravity Falls and the ocassional decent Phineas & Ferb episode, it's even worse here as they have a novel of their own called Violetta that for some reason they love to spam.
XD does have better action shows, also this thread really is hidden, good thing its linked in a signature. Though what are the top 10 worst Disney channel/XD shows of all time, and what are the 10 best Disney channel/XD shows of all time

Raccoonman_900

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RMan_900
3DS FC
1418-6736-6840
Switch FC
SW-5350-0976-4122
Wow, I didn't know a thread like this existed.! I love Disney! Grown with them since childhood. But, right now I'm seeing the talk about Toy Story 4 in this thread, and… I'll wait and see what happens with it. I'm not against it, but I'll act positive.

Last edited:

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Personally I think Disney XD is better than Disney Channel nowadays.

I mean, it has Kick Buttowski, Randy Cunninghan, Wander Over Yonder (at least here in Latin America it's only transmitted there), even the Marvel Universe block shows despite all the hate they gather (which Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. totally deserves by the way) have episodes that range from average to epic (Planet Doom, anyone?).

Sure, it has some boring shows like Slug Terra and some bad sitcoms, but if we compare the number of the latter of both channels... ugh, there's a reason why most Disney fans don't want to talk about it. Only good things on Disney Channel right now are Gravity Falls and the ocassional decent Phineas & Ferb episode, it's even worse here as they have a novel of their own called Violetta that for some reason they love to spam.
You live in Mexico/South America? Because I share the pain. Violetta sucks, and I don't know why it has a lot of fangirls. Honestly, I don't watch Disney Channel at all. I just surf through it in sad hopes of seeing Black Cauldron, Great Mouse Detective, or any good Disney film made before 2000. I grew to hate Phineas and Ferb, is like the Ben 10 of Disney channel, but unlike Ben 10 this doesn't die.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
You live in Mexico/South America? Because I share the pain. Violetta sucks, and I don't know why it has a lot of fangirls. Honestly, I don't watch Disney Channel at all. I just surf through it in sad hopes of seeing Black Cauldron, Great Mouse Detective, or any good Disney film made before 2000. I grew to hate Phineas and Ferb, is like the Ben 10 of Disney channel, but unlike Ben 10 this doesn't die.
Some of their older shows were really good.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I'll tell you guys what.
Big Hero 6 is really, REALLY good.
I'm so sick of movies with anti-science messages, they really piss me off.
That is the main why I loved Big Hero 6 so much, it portrayed science as being just as wonderful and exciting as it really is, and that technology is a positive part of our lives. I truly feel like there are smart kids out there today who are going to go into science or engineering because they were inspired by Big Hero 6.
I also really loved the characters, especially Baymax and Honey Lemon.

I am also in Tadashi denial. I have head canon to explain away his death.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Well, P&F is a cash-cow right now...it won't die anytime soon.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Well, P&F is a cash-cow right now...it won't die anytime soon.
And they dared to spit in my good memories of A New Hope. Making Star Wars a musical is a sin. The greatest of sins. Is like making Tom and Jerry talk, hey wait a minute! Every frame of that special killed my childhood basically. Avengers+PandF was awful and made the heroes look like dorks, but their Star Wars special, ugh...if they ruin the Empire Strikes Back I will die. Attack of the Clones was better than this garbage.

Last edited:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
God, I'm so sick of Frozen. I know that Disney isn't going to prematurely slaughter one of their beefiest cash cows, but I hope they "let it go" sooner or later. The amount of Olaf merchandise I see in stores is downright insulting.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
God, I'm so sick of Frozen. I know that Disney isn't going to prematurely slaughter one of their beefiest cash cows, but I hope they "let it go" sooner or later. The amount of Olaf merchandise I see in stores is downright insulting.
Not to mention Olaf was the JarJarBinks of the movie. He did nothing.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
And they dared to spit in my good memories of A New Hope. Making Star Wars a musical is a sin. The greatest of sins. Is like making Tom and Jerry talk, hey wait a minute! Every frame of that special killed my childhood basically. Avengers+PandF was awful and made the heroes look like dorks, but their Star Wars special, ugh...if they ruin the Empire Strikes Back I will die. Attack of the Clones was better than this garbage.
You might as well brace for a ESB ruining. Disney can do what they want with it.

Small credit where it's due, but he did find Anna against all common sense when nobody else could. Otherwise agree, if not to a Jar Jar comparison extent.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
The only Olaf we should be seeing more of is this Olaf,

(does anyone know the video where this Olaf sings I'm blue, its an Advance Wars comedy film)
To be honest the only thing I would want to see if they did Empire would be the carbonite scene. They need to revive some of the old Disney channel cartoons.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
Chicken Little was just Disney's poor attempt at copying Shrek back when DreamWorks was stealing Disney's spotlight. I remember not liking it all that well back when I got it on DVD. Don't get me started on how mean-spirited it was. The protagonist's father was just downright terrible towards his own child.

At least he doesn't have a stupid voice.

As much as I like Olaf, I do agree that he's all over the place when it comes to the merchandising. You know, like the movie he came from.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Chicken Little was just Disney's poor attempt at copying Shrek back when DreamWorks was stealing Disney's spotlight. I remember not liking it all that well back when I got it on DVD. Don't get me started on how mean-spirited it was. The protagonist's father was just downright terrible towards his own child.
They were also trying to show they could survive without Pixar in the CGI department.

Only 'till Tangled the started to. Bolt was awesome tho.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
They were also trying to show they could survive without Pixar in the CGI department.

The only good CGI movies from pre-Lasseter Disney were Bolt and Meet the Robinsins. Imagine if Disney went through with Circle 7 animation, we might have gotten a less-stellar Toy Story 3 and Monsters Inc. 2: Lost in Scaradise.

Funny how things turn out in the end. Now if only Pixar gets their Golden-age mojo back with Inside Out and The Good Dinosaur.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace

Yeah, Disney wouldn't survive if it weren't for Pixar's involvement. If it weren't for Tangled, then Disney would've been screwed in the end.

I own Bolt on DVD, so I need to watch it someday. I hear it's one of Disney's better animated movies during their third dork age.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428

At least he doesn't have a stupid voice.

As much as I like Olaf, I do agree that he's all over the place when it comes to the merchandising. You know, like the movie he came from.
Not to mention that Shrek was made 4 years before Chicken Little and the CG looked glorious and CL's looks primitive.

Last edited:

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
Stop Hating P&F!

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
It seriously hurts that Gravity Falls and Star Wars Rebels are the only things I'd watch on a Disney channel. Even after the Marvel and Star Wars crossovers, I was neutral to P&F, but in comparison to GF, I'm beginning to dislike it greatly.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
With Home on the Range...eh. It's not AS bad as a lot of folks say, it's just...missing the "heart" factor, I guess. I did love the songs though, particularly You Ain't Home on the Range and Yodel-Aidle-Eedle-Idle-Oo.

That and I liked the jackrabbit guy. But the film was just missing the heart.

As for Chicken Little, I like it pretty much solely for the side characters, haha. Gotta love the fish. :p That and Turkey Lurkey. RIP Don Knotts.

I really didn't care for Dinosaur though.

And Atlantis needs a LOT more love. As does Treasure Planet.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
With Home on the Range...eh. It's not AS bad as a lot of folks say, it's just...missing the "heart" factor, I guess. I did love the songs though, particularly You Ain't Home on the Range and Yodel-Aidle-Eedle-Idle-Oo.

That and I liked the jackrabbit guy. But the film was just missing the heart.

As for Chicken Little, I like it pretty much solely for the side characters, haha. Gotta love the fish. :p That and Turkey Lurkey. RIP Don Knotts.

I really didn't care for Dinosaur though.

And Atlantis needs a LOT more love. As does Treasure Planet.
Of other movies that need love The Black Cauldron and the package movies from the 40s. What is this "Dinosaur" you speak of?

Top Bottom