• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General anime thread/Anime (and manga) New OP,Edits Coming Soon!

nessokman

Smash Lord
Er...... why was I quoted?
****, I had something typed in response and it never showed up....

I never had a bleach/naruto/OP phase, But I am sad to hear Naruto is ending soon and Bleach is getting close to it's end (Supposedly)

Because I've decided to be a spiteful person to people who baselessly decry OP as the boring adventures of a human condom.
Whatever, keep being like that.asianaussie, I don't care.

Just realized how cool the name "Soul Eater" sounds. God why can't bones make a Brotherhood type anime for it now that the manga is completely done!

Last edited:

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
****, I had something typed in response and it never showed up....

I never had a bleach/naruto/OP phase, But I am sad to hear Naruto is ending soon and Bleach is getting close to it's end (Supposedly)

Whatever, keep being like that.asianaussie, I don't care.

Just realized how cool the name "Soul Eater" sounds. God why can't bones make a Brotherhood type anime for it now that the manga is completely done!
OH lololol, I was confused because nothing u said was directed to me. Yea bleach is in it's last arc, and naruto's in it's final moments as well. Im ordering 300 tissue boxes in preparation of Naruto's ending (lol). And i agree, soul eater sounds badass

nessokman

Smash Lord
OH lololol, I was confused because nothing u said was directed to me. Yea bleach is in it's last arc, and naruto's in it's final moments as well. Im ordering 300 tissue boxes in preparation of Naruto's ending (lol). And i agree, soul eater sounds badass
I'll miss my friends discussing naruto, because even though I don't care for it, I like how enthusiastic they are about it. They make everything in it sound interesting to me. I might end up reading it after it finishes.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
The only titan in the entire series to harden their body is annie, colossus can use hot steam, armored titan is impenetrable. I'm currently caught up on the manga. And the titans were threatening when they were crushing everyone who got close (See:Trost) now it seems regular titans are just quick, easy kills. Titan shifters were introduced as a second antagonistic force, they have special abilities, thus making them extremely hard to fight. (Levi tore the female apart
And yet despite being caught up, you seem to forget that evidence suggests other titans (wall titans) used hardening as well. We don't know who can do what. I'd argue that before long, Eren will be able to do ALL of those powers.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
D'aww, I was hoping more people would share stories about how anime affected them.

nessokman

Smash Lord
And yet despite being caught up, you seem to forget that evidence suggests other titans (wall titans) used hardening as well. We don't know who can do what. I'd argue that before long, Eren will be able to do ALL of those powers.
I thought you meant ice hardening......My bad there. And there is no proof of anything regarding what makes titans able to harden. If they could, wouldn't they do so to protect themselves against the humans who hit their napes so easily?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I'd argue ice hardening is no different than regular hardening is just a technical term for hardening specific areas intentionally for combat or defense.

And it's not that there's no evidence that regular titans can do it. You said only Annie could do it (I think you said Annie, though it doesn't matter who). Given that, there's little evidence to say Annie is the only one. As far as titans go, evidence suggests that they're physically not unique but that the abilities reside in their mental state. Regular titans can do it as far as I'm concerned, but they're too drone-y to do it. A deviant may be able to do it, but the possibility is still there for any titan to do it. I say that also because we have a case of a regular titan becoming a human again so as long as a regular titan's mental state can revert back to normal, I'm going to assume that regular titans have the ability to harden.

edit: I'm really sorry if I'm spoiling anything. I'm not bothering with tags because it appears that anyone who wanted to see SnK has already said they've seen it.

Last edited:

nessokman

Smash Lord
I'd argue ice hardening is no different than regular hardening is just a technical term for hardening specific areas intentionally for combat or defense.

And it's not that there's no evidence that regular titans can do it. You said only Annie could do it (I think you said Annie, though it doesn't matter who). Given that, there's little evidence to say Annie is the only one. As far as titans go, evidence suggests that they're physically not unique but that the abilities reside in their mental state. Regular titans can do it as far as I'm concerned, but they're too drone-y to do it. A deviant may be able to do it, but the possibility is still there for any titan to do it. I say that also because we have a case of a regular titan becoming a human again so as long as a regular titan's mental state can revert back to normal, I'm going to assume that regular titans have the ability to harden.

edit: I'm really sorry if I'm spoiling anything. I'm not bothering with tags because it appears that anyone who wanted to see SnK has already said they've seen it.
Not going to use collapse on it? eh... No proof for or against it, I'd say what is in his basement has that answer.and I doubt it would be possible to fully revert back. Not if it was a full on genetic mutation and they have none of their humanity left.
****SPOILERS****
Dat gorilla titan is cool. I wanna see it fight.
I think the 2 who betrayed them are gonna come back and break down wall rose, they have lost one of their little gate cities, trost, but I just feel it coming. If they lose wall rose, then I'd say it is pretty much over for humanity.

Last edited:

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Being a shounen, I fully expect Eren to eventually take down Monkey Trouble, but I don't particularly see Monkey Trouble as a strong fighter. Sure, he's an intelligent gorilla basically, but his obvious feature appears to be his intelligence and his ability to command titans, not to fight. The only time we see him violent was when he tossed that boulder at the castle to make the fight a little more interesting.

PillsBuryDopeBoy

3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
Not going to use collapse on it? eh... No proof for or against it, I'd say what is in his basement has that answer.and I doubt it would be possible to fully revert back. Not if it was a full on genetic mutation and they have none of their humanity left.
****SPOILERS****
Dat gorilla titan is cool. I wanna see it fight.
I think the 2 who betrayed them are gonna come back and break down wall rose, they have lost one of their little gate cities, trost, but I just feel it coming. If they lose wall rose, then I'd say it is pretty much over for humanity.
Dont look if your not up-to-date peeps.
You mean the ape titan? if so then hell yea he's cool. Im dying to know who he is. He must be someone pretty old, because he was surprised when he seen the 3d gear. And humanity is only screwed if they lose Levi lol.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I don't think Levi knows anything and Mikasa is good enough to take his place in a few years probably. I'd say Erwin is much more valuable than Levi as far as intelligence and planning goes and Pixis is probably our most knowledgeable non-central-government figurehead at the moment

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Has an anime/manga ever made a long-term change on you? By that, I mean a new philosophy in life, wardrobe change, new lingo, friends/acquaintances, or whatever? I just got kinda curious myself since I've had that happen to me.
Nothing big yet, however my enjoyment of anime/manga in general was probably a major reason why I ended up taking two years of Japanese in High School. It was a last minute decision too, one week before I started 11th grade I changed some other elective to Japanese, it ended up being my favorite class in High School.

I really like the language but I haven't been keeping up with it since then, I still want to continue learning it though. I've been thinking that I'll go through my old books when this semester is over. If I do learn the language it could open up some options for me, so who knows, it could lead some big changes for me.
Watching Tsuritama inspired me to finally learn to whistle and I'm pretty damn good at it now. I whistle nearly everywhere I go now. I whistle while walking to class, I whistle when at home, and I whistle while at work..
Not quite anime, but not too long ago(maybe within the past year or two?) while my iPod was on shuffle this song from Guilty Gear Isuka played, and I decided I was going to teach myself to whistle.

Twenty plus years and it took a song from an anime fighting game to make me want to learn to whistle, not sure what that says about me.
I haven't even played Isuka, but I love its soundtrack(and pretty much everything Daisuke Ishiwatari has composed).

Last edited:

nessokman

Smash Lord
I don't think Levi knows anything and Mikasa is good enough to take his place in a few years probably. I'd say Erwin is much more valuable than Levi as far as intelligence and planning goes and Pixis is probably our most knowledgeable non-central-government figurehead at the moment
Mikasa would have been killed multiple times it not for levi. Erwin could be replaced by Armin easily, levi has more experience as a fighter than anyone else combined. He is the strongest soldier in humanity.

He's also a very smart person, what makes him under Erwin is his low teamwork (said to be 2/10) he often sends his allies to fight other titans and let him fight alone.

Levi is a titan killing machine, Mikasa makes rookie errors a lot.notice that levi never hooks directly onto a Titan. They can feel the hooks hit them, thus alerting them of where their attacker is. Mikasa hooked directly on to Annie's neck, this was even more stupid after she failed to kill Annie once before, and knew how intelligent this titan was.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Until Levi actually undergoes some character development, he remains the token gruff-speaking badass that appears in every shounen ever. Mikasa is probably the most developed character right now, and the most interesting.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

nessokman

Smash Lord
Until Levi actually undergoes some character development, he remains the token gruff-speaking badass that appears in every shounen ever. Mikasa is probably the most developed character right now, and the most interesting.

Smooth Criminal
there is a spinoff regarding him, actually. It explains his past as a thug, until Erwin blackmailed him into the survey corps.

Other than those, the main series has just talked about his OCD, he hates seeing people die, and uses the spirit those who have fallen as his reason to keep going

PillsBuryDopeBoy

3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
Despite being the generic token gruff-speaking badass, Levi is one of the main reasons why the survey squad is still standing. And lets not forget who not only took down annie, but also saved Erin and Mikasa while doing so.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Mikasa would have been killed multiple times it not for levi. Erwin could be replaced by Armin easily, levi has more experience as a fighter than anyone else combined. He is the strongest soldier in humanity.

He's also a very smart person, what makes him under Erwin is his low teamwork (said to be 2/10) he often sends his allies to fight other titans and let him fight alone.

Levi is a titan killing machine, Mikasa makes rookie errors a lot.notice that levi never hooks directly onto a Titan. They can feel the hooks hit them, thus alerting them of where their attacker is. Mikasa hooked directly on to Annie's neck, this was even more stupid after she failed to kill Annie once before, and knew how intelligent this titan was.
Did you read and understand what I said? I'm not talking about brain intelligence when I say intelligence.I'm taking about currently held information valuable to humanity regarding the titans. and with Levi, I said to give Mikasa a few years.

nessokman

Smash Lord
Did you read and understand what I said? I'm not talking about brain intelligence when I say intelligence.I'm taking about currently held information valuable to humanity regarding the titans. and with Levi, I said to give Mikasa a few years.
Mikasa won't surpass his so long as he lives, but knowing THIS series, he will end up dead. Mikasa needs to learn to not worship eren and mindlessly protect him. Then she might compare, but as long as her judgement is clouded,she won't ever reach levi.Armin can and will surpass Erwin. Am I the only one who wants to see pixis fight? Hess probably wickedly powerful.

Eren is holding her back, IMO

I watched an episode of kill la kill, and I might spend the rest of the week trying to figure out what I witnessed. So awkwardly sexual, but somewhat badass. Confusing, random.

Last edited:

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Mikasa won't surpass his so long as he lives, but knowing THIS series, he will end up dead. Mikasa needs to learn to not worship eren and mindlessly protect him. Then she might compare, but as long as her judgement is clouded,she won't ever reach levi.
[citation needed]

Last edited:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I watched an episode of kill la kill, and I might spend the rest of the week trying to figure out what I witnessed. So awkwardly sexual, but somewhat badass. Confusing, random.
Kill la Kill's fanservice is actually an important part of the story, oddly enough. Really, Episode one is pretty tame compared to what you'll see later.

Have you seen Gurren Lagann? It's made by the same people, and while they are completely unrelated story wise, it might be better to watch it first.
Gurren Lagann is amazing and you should watch it anyways.

Last edited:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I agree, Kill la Kill has a very engaging story.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Kill la Kill is certainly the silliest show I'm currently watching.

And I'm watching Gundam Build Fighters.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
it's fun but it's totally predictable unfortunately. I feel like I'd be having a lot more fun with the show if it was able to surprise me more.

nessokman

Smash Lord
[citation needed]
See:

-Mikasa leaving everyone to save eren in trost (when it was first breached)

-Mikasa attaking the female titan to save eren

-Mikasa accepting death because of what happened to eren in trost

-Mikasa having to be saved by levi when she tried to kill the female titan, knowing it could harden its skin.

She can't pass levi so long as eren holds her back

Last edited:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
dere thread is supposed to pander to anime fanatics while this was meant to suggest series that arent typical moe****/shounen trash

until a highschooler decided his tastes and fanboyism needed more visibility and snatched the thread
I don't understand, but I'll leave it at that.

So I watched the first episode of sakurai trick, which was supposedly called "anime of the season".
It's more like fanservice to me. The comedy was bland, and seeing several scenes, like one running away because her "special spot" was taken didn't amuse me at all. I'm gonna skip that and start watching something else.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285

So I watched the first episode of sakurai trick, which was supposedly called "anime of the season".
It's more like fanservice to me. The comedy was bland, and seeing several scenes, like one running away because her "special spot" was taken didn't amuse me at all. I'm gonna skip that and start watching something else.
Sakura Trick being anime of the year is an understatement, but I can see how its charm is lost on the commoners. That being said, this season is pretty lame. There's nothing good outside of sequels. Noragami is adequate and Nisekoi's cool I guess. D-Frag! too, if you're not a stickler that hates low brow humor. Hoozuki no Reitetsu's also enjoyable.

Last edited:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Anything that's not just a slice-of-life is fine with me. I'll take a look at what you've mentioned since I'm always curious.

Maybe it is at first, but not after watching several episodes. I wasn't focused on how lewd it was because I really liked the storyline and setting. It's sort of predictable, but the way the animate the show has a good kick to it, which keeps me going. Also, mako's the best character.

Last edited:

nessokman

Smash Lord

lol kill la kill, I don't think the animation team even know what to say about it. I'm enjoying the fights tho.
if you know what I mean

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Maybe it is at first, but not after watching several episodes. I wasn't focused on how lewd it was because I really liked the storyline and setting. It's sort of predictable, but the way the animate the show has a good kick to it, which keeps me going. Also, mako's the best character.
What KLK does is play the whole "fanservice" thing straight. The show often draws attention to the absurdity of both the wardrobe and the action; and as the story unfolds, it also ties in the theme of clothing into its narrative. So unlike many series, the eye candy is not gratuitous, since it serves story/thematic purpose.

I do agree that the show itself is not wildly unpredictable. But neither was Gurren Lagann. It's best to take KLK for what it is - an over-the-top action-packed romp that often plays around with interesting motifs (in Gurren, we had spirals and evolution, and in KLK, we have nudity/shame/self-perception/etc.).

And Mako is epic. I think we could all use a friend like Mako. 8D

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
It's still fanservice no matter which way you slice it. Points to whoever understands the significance behind what's-her-name's scissor weapon.

Smooth Criminal

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
It's still fanservice no matter which way you slice it. Points to whoever understands the significance behind what's-her-name's scissor weapon.

Smooth Criminal
Of course. The animation isn't the only thing that catches the eye hurhur. :smirk:

But it's nice to see that it isn't entirely vacuous, and that there is some measure of substance to it. Not to say that KLK is presenting a philosophical thesis, but I find its efforts in trying to make a point about its subject matter a fairly noble effort.

And as an aside, I appreciate the equal opportunity fanservice. Aikuro is teh sex.

Up until know, I simply saw the Scissor Blades as merely being aesthetically appropriate (scissors/clothes). If there is some underlying metaphor to the Blades, it hasn't yet occurred to me (unless if you posit the Blades represent the male desire to see what lies beneath the cloth, or somesuch other allusion).

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
This season is a godsend for slice of life enthusiasts. You might like Loli World Conquest, Vinyl. It's like Code Geass, only with a small child as the leader. Mahou Sensou is a piece of ****, but like Witch Craft Works, people seem to like it for some reason or another. If you're a masochist and hate all things good in the world, ImoCho and Super Sonico are great. Nothing else from this season is really notable.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Nah.

Here's a hint: It definitely does not pertain to heterosexual leanings.

Smooth Criminal
I'm horrendous at picking up thematic subtext, anime or not. At the moment, I'm very much at a loss to see the Scissors as anything more than scissors in an anime centered on clothing (and the lack thereof). Sorry if I disappoint. :laugh:

nessokman

Smash Lord
I want to skip to next month! Then there will be moar AOT, blue exorcist, and all my animes will have more episodes!

Can I build a time machine with 17 soul eater volumes, a lamp, a 3DS, Iphone, and a hamburger hat?

Top Bottom