• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General anime thread/Anime (and manga) New OP,Edits Coming Soon!

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Nah there was a new chapter of Non Non Biyori that day. That was a good day.

nessokman

Smash Lord
I stopped caring about soul eater not! I think I'll just watch the anime later, I can't be bothered to reread a spinoff with no real action. The original had so eh awesome fights, but NOT disappoints me.

Think how awesome black blood from SE would be. Hardening your blood to make yourself impossible to cut, and shooting needles of your own blood. Though the insanity that comes with it is a drawback.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I dream of a day where the conversation doesn't go back to something boring like ol' Shingeki, Soul Eater, or that exorcist dreck.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul

This show's better than your favorite show.

It might not be, but it's really good and one of my favorites.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I don't regularly check anime news. If I'm bored and have already refreshed my usuals 10-20 times, I MAY check Crunchyroll news once, but that's it. I get my anime news just from news trickling down the line until someone mentions it to me or I see it on a message board.

nessokman

Smash Lord
I check at a certain time every day. News I am waiting for like a release date for an anime in looking forward to, or a confirmation of a season 2 on others. Sometimes I just look for cool crap

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I've been meaning to watch Tsuritama for awhile now, but quite a few others have taken priority. What's it like?

I just use MAL, it's pretty all purpose and the mods post the important stuff. New Yuru Yuri soon so needless to say, anime has been saved.

nessokman

Smash Lord
God knowing me, I'll miss a day on news, and articles along the lines of:
-Attack On titan season 2 gets green light

-Soul Eater gets "Brotherhood" type remake

-new trailer and exact release dates for soul eater not anime confirmed

-Blue exorcist anime gets remake (never actually gonna happen)

-The Seven Deadly sins to get anime adaptation

Last edited:

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I've been meaning to watch Tsuritama for awhile now, but quite a few others have taken priority. What's it like?

I just use MAL, it's pretty all purpose and the mods post the important stuff. New Yuru Yuri soon so needless to say, anime has been saved.
Save Tsuritama for a time when you're in a really good mood and you'll be in a state of pure bliss for the entirety of it. I forget the season when I first watched it, but I rewatched it last Spring as the school semester was coming to a close and it was so wonderful. The wonderful weather with the longer days and warm but not hot days was the perfect environment to watch the show.

The show itself is about a kid named Yuki (orange hair) who moved to an island called Enoshima. He has social anxiety which causes him to make some odd faces to people when he gets anxious, but he meets Haru (blonde) and black-haired-guy (it's been a while) at the school and they do what anybody would do in a show with such vivid colors and water everywhere - they fish.

Watch it in late spring or in the early summer and you'll thank me later.

nessokman

Smash Lord
Found an anime series called
Noragami, (hope I spelled it right)
It is by the same animation studios behind both FMA,Soul Eater, Space Dandy and others. Anyone seen it? And is it any good?

Last edited:

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
It's eh. It's one of the shows I'm still watching this season if that means anything. It's about a god with just about no reputation trying to become a bigwig god.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I could use a feel good show, I'll take your advice and watch it during Spring when everything is bright and happy.

Found an anime series called
Noragami, (hope I spelled it right)
It is by the same animation studios behind both FMA,Soul Eater, Space Dandy and others. Anyone seen it? And is it any good?
I'm following Noragami and it's not all that good. Yato (the main god) is the only decent character. With its 8 current episodes, they haven't done a good job of world building. It feels like they barely touched on the inner workings of this separate existence. Hiyori and Yukine are both incredibly bratty, but they'll probably throw some character development into the mix in a later season. It switches between comedy and drama far too often, I can't take it seriously at times. This show is too big for just 12 episodes. That being said, it's a 4/10 in my book as of episode 8. Just shy of average. You'll probably like it though.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I was apparently offered a 1-month free trial of hulu plus, so I'm about run into animes galore until March 27. Started with psycho-pass since the characters were designed by Akira Amano. The opening's surreal, but the rest is good. I'm interested in seeing more until the end. After that, it's sankarea, eureka seven AO, deadman wonderland, and....squid girl. I'll be watching what mad recommended after and see how it goes.

Here's some random image to brighten the day.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Kill la kills hype train keeps on going and going. when will it run out of fuel

nessokman

Smash Lord
I was apparently offered a 1-month free trial of hulu plus, so I'm about run into animes galore until March 27. Started with psycho-pass since the characters were designed by Akira Amano. The opening's surreal, but the rest is good. I'm interested in seeing more until the end. After that, it's sankarea, eureka seven AO, deadman wonderland, and....squid girl. I'll be watching what mad recommended after and see how it goes.

Here's some random image to brighten the day.

march 27 is my birthday. coincidence? I THINK NOT!

Last edited:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I've always preferred the gif version

Ah, back when the show was good.

nessokman

Smash Lord

Counting down the days...
Lol, that's how I an with blue exorcist volumes being released.

I might stop buying manga all together, I have 43 volumes if various mangas, I might just start reading all ofthwn online and forget buying them

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Even if you're not gonna read them again after online, still consider buying them to support them. I do that with anime I like.

nessokman

Smash Lord
Even if you're not gonna read them again after online, still consider buying them to support them. I do that with anime I like.
I read most series multiple times, it's something I can do with manga that I can't with anything else. The small details you miss the first time make it fun to read again. I tend to worry about having too much. Is say I've supported my authors a lot
12 psyren
17 soul eater
4 attack on titan
2 fairytail
2 bakuman
10 blue exorcist

(planning to sell psyren for $60, half what I bought them for)

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
How come you want to sell one of your manga series? I couldn't imagine ever selling any of my manga or anime even if they're bad.

nessokman

Smash Lord
How come you want to sell one of your manga series? I couldn't imagine ever selling any of my manga or anime even if they're bad.
It is a bad series, meh art, meh story, I lost interest and know how it will end (16 total volumes) my friend loves the series, so he'll make better use of it

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
...why sell it to him/her if they love it, then? Just give it to them free of charge. Kind of lame that you'd cop a buck from a friend like that, especially when it comes to something easily shared/transferable like a book. IMO, of course. Not saying you're a bad person or anything, but I'd feel scummy for doing it. I'd rather give my books up to people or places that wouldn't turn around and sell it, so that they could be (potentially) passed on to others.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

nessokman

Smash Lord
...why sell it to him/her if they love it, then? Just give it to them free of charge. Kind of lame that you'd cop a buck from a friend like that, especially when it comes to something easily shared/transferable like a book. IMO, of course. Not saying you're a bad person or anything, but I'd feel scummy for doing it. I'd rather give my books up to people or places that wouldn't turn around and sell it, so that they could be (potentially) passed on to others.

Smooth Criminal
Well, I didn't originally want to sell them to him, I just said I was thinking of it and he said he wanted to buy them. I was originally going to sell them online.

I need money is one of the main reasons I'm selling it, aside from being bored with the series.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
I may have to check that out. I've yet to see any harem that's actually good other than the Tenchi series and Ouran High School Host Club.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
So I'm 60 chapters into Vagabond. It's pretty good.

nessokman

Smash Lord
I hate waiting for new chapters of my manga.. Blue exorcist and Shingeki should have new chapters this weekend.(I think)

Getting back into bakuman. Might start psycho pass

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
I hear that, I just got volume 5 of The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan after it got delayed for three months.

Top Bottom