• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General anime thread/Anime (and manga) New OP,Edits Coming Soon!

nessokman

Smash Lord
College/Adult master race reporting in. I can read whatever I want, whenever I want, in front of anyone I want and I ain't got no problems with what anyone thinks and nobody really cares either. In fact, the only time anyone does say something about what I'm reading (which is very rare), they're just curious or they read manga themselves.
I don't care what they think, I've built up a decent Immunity to their idiocy.It annoys me when they get my attention to say idiotic things and/or grab my manga I am not afraid to beat anyone who touches my manga. I'm a perfectionist, and my manga have to be in absolutely perfect condition.Idiots+manga=bent pages, marks on pages, stains of god knows what. Ask me how I know.
FMA....... that depends. are u talking about Full metal alchemist brotherhood, or Full metal alchemist?
Brotherhood, FMA original is so far from the manga it might as well be considered a separate entity all together.

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
I don't care what they think, I've built up a decent Immunity to their idiocy.It annoys me when they get my attention to say idiotic things and/or grab my manga I am not afraid to beat anyone who touches my manga. I'm a perfectionist, and my manga have to be in absolutely perfect condition.Idiots+manga=bent pages, marks on pages, stains of god knows what. Ask me how I know.

Brotherhood, FMA original is so far from the manga it might as well be considered a separate entity all together.
lolol alrighty then, just checking..... because FMA is very questionable....

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Teenager detected.

No but seriously, you're caring too much. "I don't care at all" is usually a clear sign that someone cares a lot. It's not about immunities to anything. People have their opinions on stuff and you need to learn to accept that. You don't need to block the world out because they don't like what you do or read. Let them hate.

nessokman

Smash Lord
Teenager detected.

No but seriously, you're caring too much. "I don't care at all" is usually a clear sign that someone cares a lot. It's not about immunities to anything. People have their opinions on stuff and you need to learn to accept that. You don't need to block the world out because they don't like what you do or read. Let them hate.
No, their Idiocy doesn't bother me. I have my friends who are all passionate anime fans, so why care what the ****tards think? And by opinion, you mean generalization that they claim to actually think because their fellow fools say so.

Last edited:

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
No, their Idiocy doesn't bother me. I have my friends who are all passionate anime fans, so why care what the ****tards think? And by opinion, you mean generalization that they claim to actually think because their fellow fools say so.
>idiocy
>****tards

Just take it easy, it's not as big of a deal as you're making it seem. I went through what you're going through. I was playing Pokemon in school before it was considered "hip" to do so. I read a manga about step-siblings falling in love before history class started in my catholic college. I read Dragonball during work. I read Spice and Wolf at school AND at work.

Enjoy what you're doing and be content with that; don't concern yourself with what other people think about your hobby.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I actually have no idea myself. I saw someone have this avatar on the first forum I ever used like 10 years ago and I went back to it a while ago just to use it for nostalgia's sake. I reverse image searched it a while ago and I think I got a positive result, but I searched it this time to no avail.

PillsBuryDopeBoy

3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
I actually have no idea myself. I saw someone have this avatar on the first forum I ever used like 10 years ago and I went back to it a while ago just to use it for nostalgia's sake. I reverse image searched it a while ago and I think I got a positive result, but I searched it this time to no avail.
I WILL FIND OUT WHO SHE IS, YOU CAN COUNT ON ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nessokman

Smash Lord
>idiocy
>****tards

Just take it easy, it's not as big of a deal as you're making it seem. I went through what you're going through. I was playing Pokemon in school before it was considered "hip" to do so. I read a manga about step-siblings falling in love before history class started in my catholic college. I read Dragonball during work. I read Spice and Wolf at school AND at work.

Enjoy what you're doing and be content with that; don't concern yourself with what other people think about your hobby.
I have an entire club at my school for anime. I'm fine, I'm just a bundle of hate and sarcasm. Most people are fools, I have no need to be involved with them.

I WILL FIND OUT WHO SHE IS, YOU CAN COUNT ON ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I could find it probably. It wouldn't be that hard.

Last edited:

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
You're no less a fool than the people that criticize you. I don't know if you can tell, but you come across as just as ignorant and closed minded when you insult those people as the people that insult/whatever you.

I adopted a totally new way of life once I entered college and I don't think I've ever been happier. I have anxiety issues so I worry about **** I don't need to be worrying about so I'm not going to be erasing that part from my daily life, but apart from that I'd say I'm pretty damn happy with myself.

Here's my secret: "We make smiles happen". I work for a movie theatre chain and, while I don't know if this is still their slogan, at one point this was their really ****ty slogan. I say ****ty just because of how lame it sounded, but I have a wristband that says "We make smiles happen" on it and I really strive for that in my daily life. Do what you enjoy. Enable others to do what THEY enjoy. Be kind to others. Accept the kindness of others. Everyone has something that makes them happy and I think everyone deserves to do something that makes them be happy and smile.

I'm not saying you should be asking everyone around you if they want to read your manga. I'm not saying you should be going out of your way to make everyone happy around you. All I'm saying is to just smile and be happy.

nessokman

Smash Lord
You're no less a fool than the people that criticize you. I don't know if you can tell, but you come across as just as ignorant and closed minded when you insult those people as the people that insult/whatever you.

I adopted a totally new way of life once I entered college and I don't think I've ever been happier. I have anxiety issues so I worry about **** I don't need to be worrying about so I'm not going to be erasing that part from my daily life, but apart from that I'd say I'm pretty damn happy with myself.

Here's my secret: "We make smiles happen". I work for a movie theatre chain and, while I don't know if this is still their slogan, at one point this was their really ****ty slogan. I say ****ty just because of how lame it sounded, but I have a wristband that says "We make smiles happen" on it and I really strive for that in my daily life. Do what you enjoy. Enable others to do what THEY enjoy. Be kind to others. Accept the kindness of others. Everyone has something that makes them happy and I think everyone deserves to do something that makes them be happy and smile.

I'm not saying you should be asking everyone around you if they want to read your manga. I'm not saying you should be going out of your way to make everyone happy around you. All I'm saying is to just smile and be happy.
Nobody outside my friends touche my manga. Nobody. If they do, they can expect pain.Only 5 or so of my friends are allowed to touch them.I'm not joking.I would never offer to let someone read my manga.

I don't care for the happiness of others, they can do whatever they want, but I won't go out of my way for people I don't care about. Their happiness isn't my concern.

Last edited:

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I guess there's nothing I can help you with then. Maybe you'll grow out of that attitude. (I'm not referring to people touching your stuff by the way)

nessokman

Smash Lord
I guess there's nothing I can help you with then. Maybe you'll grow out of that attitude. (I'm not referring to people touching your stuff by the way)
My book OCD is something that will never go away.

I don't care for people. To finish my previous statement, the only time I like to make people smile an laugh is in my theater class or when I'm onstage. Otherwise I usually keep to myself and draw/read

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
*bites back laughter.*

Anyways, doing a little "read-a-thon" of JJBA pt. 7: Steel Ball Run. Pretty good stuff. The Wild West motif is ****ing rad. My only gripe so far is that it's been kinda slow-going up until

the last legs of the race where Funny Valentine actually plays his hand.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
How is JJBA anyway? The art looks super interesting but I'm past the "ohhh **** anime looks weird I have to watch all of it today!" phase so I'm a little more reluctant to watch a show randomly nowadays.

Yazoo

Smash Rookie
NNID
KYYazoo
3DS FC
4596-9950-4728
JJBA looks interesting to me as well. It's definitely high up on my to-watch list after I finish Cowboy Bebop and finish re-watching Code Geass.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
*shrugs.* It's very fun and over-the-top (read: seriously ridiculous) at points, but that's part of its charm. JoJo's oozes a lot of character where a lot of other series don't. You're not going to find a gripping drama; here, you're gonna find a lot of badasses (some effeminate-looking, some burly as hell, and some that are actually women!) united under outrageous beliefs and determination. There are wrinkles of clever writing here and there, along with a little bit of mystery thrown in to keep you entertained. There's also a lot of cool references, ranging across all spectrum of media (chiefly music, pop culture, and fashion).

The earlier parts (Part 1: Phantom Blood and Part 2: Battle Tendency) remind me of the old Silver Age comics that involve a lot of traveling and adventure. I highly suggest starting with those (though you could probably just start on Part 2 and go from there, or even Part 3). The recent anime follows the manga extremely well. Part 3 (Stardust Crusaders) should be airing in April.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
It's Kokonoe from Blazblue. Werekill used that avvy for a time.
I've been gone from SWF for so long, I had thought that was Werekill for a moment. And man, now you're making me want to catch up on JoJo's. I've been trying to take it slow. I finished Nijigahara Holograph the other day so I've been binge-reading Inio Asano's other works.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Whenever you do get back to JoJo's, :mad:, try and get up to Part 4: Diamond is Unbreakable. That's probably my favorite part in the series so far. Great characters, awesome villain, and a pretty good story to go with it. I also like the little world-building asides that Araki (the mangaka) throws in every so often about the town it's taking place in.

Smooth Criminal

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
What's funny is that we were only talking about manga for awhile there. Looking forward to it, Smooth.

Onanie Master Kurosawa is getting really weird right now.

nessokman

Smash Lord
Please never make a doge joke again
It's my favorite meme.....
Just started reading Toriko. Loving it so far.
I will start it as soon as I'm caught up on the anime series I didn't watch last week, watch an episode of Kill La Kill, because why the hell not.

I will read Toriko instead of FairyTail. I can't take the @$$pulls from FT anymore. The members of FairyTail CLEARLY should have died. Cana just so happened to have enough time to use a spell she's never been seen using before to put everyone into cards. I call BS! This is why I like series like AoT, where plot armor is almost nonexistent.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
In other news, while this is my 3rd season watching anime as they air, I think I'm done. I'm finding I prefer marathoning a show and shows that I think I would've really enjoyed end up only being pretty good because of the week wait.

nessokman

Smash Lord
In other news, while this is my 3rd season watching anime as they air, I think I'm done. I'm finding I prefer marathoning a show and shows that I think I would've really enjoyed end up only being pretty good because of the week wait.
I typically marathon most series. Only exception to this are Log Horizon. I'll do it with "soul eater not!" later on though

PillsBuryDopeBoy

3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
It's my favorite meme.....

I will start it as soon as I'm caught up on the anime series I didn't watch last week, watch an episode of Kill La Kill, because why the hell not.

I will read Toriko instead of FairyTail. I can't take the @$$pulls from FT anymore. The members of FairyTail CLEARLY should have died. Cana just so happened to have enough time to use a spell she's never been seen using before to put everyone into cards. I call BS! This is why I like series like AoT, where plot armor is almost nonexistent.
Gotta agree with u on the bullsh*t Fairytale pulled. Plot armor was as strong as bleach's. AoT however is so much different.
So what show are ya gonna watch next?

nessokman

Smash Lord
Gotta agree with u on the bullsh*t Fairytale pulled. Plot armor was as strong as bleach's. AoT however is so much different.

Are you reading FT? I gave it up after that last chapter. I MIGHT come back and finish the arc because I want to see if Romeo gets to fight, but the series is dead to me.

Bakuman is getting really boring really fast. It's 170 chapters long and at 59 I'm so freaking bored with it. I might just watch the anime to finish it, it goes faster than reading 110 20 page chapters....

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
This is my first time being able to watch shows as they air and yeah, I'm in a similar boat. I enjoy waiting if it's a show I like, but as someone that doesn't drop shows, it's painful feeling obligated to sit through the new Hamatora, Super Sonico, or ImoCho. At least there's Saki, Chu2, and a few others to look forward to.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I'm watching Lupin the Third, The Woman Called Fujiko Mine with my friend right now and we also watched Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro. I've really fallen in love with Lupin III and I think I'm gonna at least check out some of the old 70s-80s Lupin III anime.

Also on my list:
JoJo's
Monster
Hellsing
Raildex
Usagi Drop
Steins;Gate
Black Butler
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Great Teacher Onizuka
Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei
Maoyu
Mawaru Penguindrum

I'm probably gonna save Onizuka, Monster, maybe Penguindrum, and maybe JoJo's to watch with my friend.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
good list

dropping a series over introduction of new magic in a series about magic and bull****ting your way through life with said magic

i just dont understand

PillsBuryDopeBoy

3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
I'm watching Lupin the Third, The Woman Called Fujiko Mine with my friend right now and we also watched Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro. I've really fallen in love with Lupin III and I think I'm gonna at least check out some of the old 70s-80s Lupin III anime.

Also on my list:
JoJo's
Monster
Hellsing
Raildex
Usagi Drop
Steins;Gate
Black Butler
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Great Teacher Onizuka
Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei
Maoyu
Mawaru Penguindrum

I'm probably gonna save Onizuka, Monster, maybe Penguindrum, and maybe JoJo's to watch with my friend.
That is one awesome list u got there :3 ( You might wanna watch Kuro****suji first, because reasons)
I've never watched Lupin yet, but I might give it a try.
Are you reading FT? I gave it up after that last chapter. I MIGHT come back and finish the arc because I want to see if Romeo gets to fight, but the series is dead to me.

Bakuman is getting really boring really fast. It's 170 chapters long and at 59 I'm so freaking bored with it. I might just watch the anime to finish it, it goes faster than reading 110 20 page chapters....
Oh yea man I read it, and I have to say im truly disappointed. And how anyone can watch Bakuman........ I dont even know lol

Top Bottom