• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General anime thread/Anime (and manga) New OP,Edits Coming Soon!

zkaka3000

Smash Cadet
Just watched an anime called Another. Super good! and High School of the Dead! really recommend it if you like gory, horror anime :3

Swann

Smash Journeyman
Finished Gankutsuou a couple weeks ago. It easily jumped to join the ranks of my absolute favorite anime of all time. Simply incredible, I would highly recommend it to just about anyone.

Watching Steins;Gate now and it's pretty fantastic so far.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i want to finish Tamako Market because kyoani's animation is so amazing

unfortunately the anime was just really boring and didn't have any direction O_O

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I don't understand a good lot of the Nasuverse, so care to elaborate? But oh, Fate/Zero. I'm 5 episodes away from the finale. I'm going to freaking miss this anime so much when I watch it to the end.

Other than that, Attack on Titan. I had a reaction to Episode 21 akin to the Red Wedding of Game of Thrones fame through that feel-o-copter of an episode. O.o

Swann

Smash Journeyman
Probably going to start Attack on Titan next, at the very least so I am able to talk with those friends of mine who constantly bring it up.

Steins;Gate had some really good stuff going on, thematically. Highly enjoyable and would definitely recommend.

Church NEOH

Worst Player in NEOH
They're making a Fate/Stay NIght remake. Ufotable or however you spell it. It's going to be so good. And Attack on Titan is a great show. Too bad there won't be a next season for a loooooong time.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I watched Champloo with a buddy recently. It was really good, although I wouldn't put it in my top list of shows. Also, if you're talking about the dub, I think the VAs for Spike and Vicious are the VAs for Mugen and Jin. I'm pretty positive with Spike and Mugen, not so positive on Jin though.

What's everyone gonna watch this season for those watching?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
"almost everything" :D

Favorites so far have been Coppelion, Kyoukai no Kanata and the second season of Little Busters
I did watch the first episode of Coppelion, mainly because I was interested in the thick borders around the characters. I can't quite tell where the story is going yet, so I'm not sure what I think about it. I'm also going to be watching Kill la Kill (gonna save it in groups of 4 and watch with my buddy in one month chunks. I feel like a show by this studio is better watched in mini-marathons instead of individually.

I also watched the first episode of Nagi no Asukara. I like water and vibrant colors (one of my favorite shows is Tsuritama) so I'm gonna give this a try, but it just looks like a slice of life where the theme is puberty. I'm also watching Infinite Stratos season 1 so that I can watch season 2. I'm not TOTALLY interested in it, but a lot of people seem to be watching it so I might as well.

I'm very surprised that there is not a seperate thread for Attack on Titan, given how this show seems to be the 2nd coming for people to become rabid fans over.

Though it certainly lives up to all the hype it's getting currently.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Kuroko's Basketball 2, Multiple-Choice, Log Horizon, and Yusibu so far for me.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I'm very surprised that there is not a seperate thread for Attack on Titan, given how this show seems to be the 2nd coming for people to become rabid fans over.

Though it certainly lives up to all the hype it's getting currently.
Attack on Titan is okay.

I have this sinking feeling that it's going to degenerate into your typical shounen fare after a while, though.

Smooth Criminal

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Ive liked most of this season's anime
And Ive only just started watching another, so far so good

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Ahaha, I've actually just (4 days ago) started watching Another as well (because picking up 25 new shows isn't enough on its own, haha). It's pretty fun.

Same goes for Shingeki no Kyojin. Kind of fun, but I really don't think it's that amazing. I started out rather excited for it, but they are just too goddamn slow (and spend way too much time on recaps ...). I think the amount of story they've covered could've easily been fitted into a 1cour series instead of a 2 cour (maybe make it 14 or 15 episodes, but definitely not more).
Then again, I tend to prefer rather fast pacing (Teekyuu is perfect... okay, just kidding there ;) ), so it's probably understandable that most people would be completely fine with what SnK offers. I think the story is rather interesting as well, so yeah (:

| Kailex |

NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Attack on titan manga is amazing as hell, sadly, itll be a very loooooong time for a season 2

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Maybe I'll give it a shot :D But I rather prefer colorful animation to the black and white bleakness that most manga is, so maybe I'll just wait for the next season... no need to hurry (:

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Attack on Titan is okay.

I have this sinking feeling that it's going to degenerate into your typical shounen fare after a while, though.

Smooth Criminal
I doubt it. The mangaka stated in an interview recently that he already had an end in sight and I THINK it was in 20 volumes. There's 7 volumes published in the west and Japan has some more volumes, I'm not sure where it is at numerically though. It's not like it's gonna pull a Naruto and go on FOREVER though.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Kishimoto said the same thing about Naruto in an interview, that he had a "clear end in sight."

But that's not what I'm worried about, G&W (good to see you back around here btw). There's a lot of loose ends in the story atm, and I'm hoping the author can tie them up sensibly and cohesively, preferably without plotkai.

Smooth Criminal

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
All these things I'm hearing about AoT around some people at my college and online have been making me pretty perplexed and nervous. I have like 4 episodes left until I reach the production peak. I've recovered from the feel-o-copter now. :crying:

Anyways, finished Fate/Zero. Despite some things certain people will peg on its lowpoints, this anime provided an original, themetically-inclined, thought-provoking, dark, gorgeously-animated, entertaining story that I will remember as one of my favorite animes of all time and increased interest in the Nasuverse. The ending was pretty shoddy and it takes a while to piece the loose ends and new equilibriums the characters reach. But overall, for what ufotable could work with to bridge to Fate/Stay night, they represented the best damn job they could. I also love the philosophical direction this show takes and explores the moralities and ideologies of these historical and literary figures as well as their masters. It's a grey-versus-grey look into "What does it mean to be a hero?" that doesn't bull**** like typical shounens and comic books I see do. Some characters though, (namely Kariya, Berserker, Assassin, and to an extent, Lancer) were underused and their effect of the story could have been much more powerful than some of the other characters hogging the limelight. But overall, there is so much about this anime I could prate on about its such an excellent show. Thank you, Urobochi-san. I was entertained.

ufotable is remaking Fate/Stay night? Awesome! Now I won't have to go back to the Studio Deen adaptation of that light novel and how I hear they butchered the story. Well, ufotable will just be doing the Heaven's Feel route, I hear.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Kishimoto said the same thing about Naruto in an interview, that he had a "clear end in sight."

But that's not what I'm worried about, G&W (good to see you back around here btw). There's a lot of loose ends in the story atm, and I'm hoping the author can tie them up sensibly and cohesively, preferably without plotkai.

Smooth Criminal
Ultimately, I hope the author keeps his word on it. As much as I love SnK, I'd hate to see it become the next Naruto. All good stories need to end sometime.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Once again, I'm yet to see the last 4 episodes of the season thus far, but a good author knows when to end his masterpiece. SnK/AoT really snowballed to popularity levels of One Piece at its inception and that'll continue to grow. But it is definitely much higher than Naruto tier, IMO.

| Kailex |

NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
As a manga reader, I see no chance of aot falling down as you suggested

Top Bottom