• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General anime thread/Anime (and manga) New OP,Edits Coming Soon!

Veetaak

Smash Lord
...so yeah... Clannad is good and stuff.....

Key

AB <3
Air is good but fuzzy and hard to understand
Kanon is aight too

Yes, Key <3

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Deep male voice? That guy's watching different anime than I do (ok, if I'm honest I'll have to admit that I do watch some things that are not cute slice-of-life stuff :D).
But imho there's certainly some voices that are easily recognized as being a specific seiyuu (Rie Kugimiya in her tsundere roles, Aoi Yuuki, Ayana Taketatsu, ...).
You know, the deep, old gruff Samurai type of person.

Does anyone feel like Shoujo and Josei typically have similar artstyles which differ quite a bit compared to Seinen or Shounen? I know every artist brings a different flare to their own work, but when looking at a lot of cover art I tend to feel like there is something which all So/Ji have that Se/Sh just do not and vice versa.

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
I honestly feel that shoujo/josei are way less diverse than shounen (I hate the term "seinen"). Maybe that's because I'm infinitely more into shounen than shoujo, though.

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
Seinen is basically a word to slap onto a shounen anime that you like so that you can act like you have "mature" tastes.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
You know, the deep, old gruff Samurai type of person.
I was just making fun about me watching many things that don't have any male characters who get more than a few moments of screentime :D
I still get what you mean of course, but I just don't agree that all seiyuus sound alike... I can't even recognize people I've heard a few times without fail (looking at the cast somewhere mid season and then realizing "oh geeez, of course Character A is Character B of that other anime I've watched... how could I miss that?" is pretty fun :) )

Regarding shoujo/shounen/... I don't like any of those terms, I think it's stupid to label stuff based on the target audience :D
I'm not sure whether there's a big difference in the art diversity between them... Though admittedly, I don't pay too much attention to the drawing stuff, unless it really stands out as looking exceptionally good / bad to me (e.g. I've only finished Black Rock Shooter because it looked so pretty xD).

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I wish Sword Art Online felt as good at the start throughout the middle and especially the end...

Of the newer releases I've been watching Senyuu, Problem Children are coming from another world, aren't they?, and thinking about some others. Senyuu isn't amazing, and it's a four-minute run-time one, so it doesn't get much done, but it's comedy and it can provide some humorous moments. Problem Children is a normal sized anime and is pretty good, mostly for its concept and its potential to me.

I've also spent some days devoted to reading all of Kuroko's Basketball, and I caught up to the most recent chapter. Has anyone done so? It has its faults, most definitely, but I love it still.

Also considering watching Lucky Star because the pictures of it that circulate with Konata crying, though I'm unsure if I can do it. The episodes basically consist of cute girls having mostly asinine conversations that can sometimes be a bit quirky and provide a chuckle.

Xyzz

Smash Champion

Lies! Heresy! A-Channel is awesome!

Well, I like it. I should really give Lucky Star another shot, I dropped it after a few episodes... but at that time I wasn't really into Anime yet, so maybe I'd enjoy it by now :D (although there still is some slice of life where I don't enjoy the humor and therefore I don't enjoy the show either :) )

asianaussie

Smash Hero
how in the world does someone enjoy a-channel of all things but drop lucky star

i could believe you if you said k-on or yuru yuri or like, hidamari sketch, but a-channel?

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Would you laugh if I told you that both YY seasons and K-On are solid 10s in my book? (not sure about Hidamari sketch, could be anything from 7 to 10... I'm only two episodes in the first season after all (: ).
And like I said, I suppose I would enjoy Lucky Star by now as well, I remember dropping it because "nothing happened", which isn't an issue anymore obviously.

Also: A-Channel has pretty awesome characters, and the humor works for me... That's pretty much all it takes to make me enjoy cute slice-of-life stuff :D

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Dunno, they're just incredibly fun to me for some reason (:

Well, I do enjoy things that actually have a actual story line as well, if that makes it better... I'd prefer not to break something inside of you after all :D

asianaussie

Smash Hero
hah, i was mainly kidding

but i just find it hard to believe one can stomach a-channel, it's one of only two shows i've ever actually actively dropped (and not just stopped watching due to boredom)

LadyFreyaDavram

Goddess of Vanda Knights
Premium
well I just recently started to watch xxxholic. I think it's pretty interesting. As any one seen it? ad if you did, do you think of it?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Ehhhhh.

I wanted to like xxxHolic, but I really couldn't get into it.

Hopefully I'll be able to explain why in a little more detail later. Hella busy atm.

Smooth Criminal

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Why is that I don't remember this. I mean didn't CLAMP do Cardcaptor. I don't remember them being drawn like that.

:phone:
To a point, Cardcaptor was drawn kinda like that. There was more of an emphasis on the "cutesy whimsical" style in that series. Not to mention that, during the time, it was probably one of the earlier incarnations of the studio, with different artists.

Their overall style is pretty consistent, tho'. X/1999, Code Geass, Tsubasa, Legal Drug, Magic Knight Rayearth...take a look at those if you haven't, and you'll see what I mean.

Smooth Criminal

LadyFreyaDavram

Goddess of Vanda Knights
Premium
To a point, Cardcaptor was drawn kinda like that. There was more of an emphasis on the "cutesy whimsical" style in that series. Not to mention that, during the time, it was probably one of the earlier incarnations of the studio, with different artists.

Their overall style is pretty consistent, tho'. X/1999, Code Geass, Tsubasa, Legal Drug, Magic Knight Rayearth...take a look at those if you haven't, and you'll see what I mean.

Smooth Criminal
ah, I see what you mean. I haven't seen to many CLAMP Anime. I did see X/1999 I did like that one. I saw some of Code Geass. But I was not to much into that one.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
The only thing I find a weird of it is the art style. Everyone is drawn super tall like they were walking on stilts.

This is one of my problems with CLAMP. Generally it's ok, but there are times where they draw things way out of proportion that they look like giants.
I recall seeing a pic of Sakura and Fye looking really weird.

LadyFreyaDavram

Goddess of Vanda Knights
Premium
This is one of my problems with CLAMP. Generally it's ok, but there are times where they draw things way out of proportion that they look like giants.
I recall seeing a pic of Sakura and Fye looking really weird.
Oh really? That's cool. I don't mind to much after a while of watching the amine.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Read all 28 chapters of Assassination Classroom in what feels like one sitting, which is tough for me because I hate clicking through scans. It's not amazing but it's an interesting read.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
It's about a super creature that destroys most of the moon and then threatens everyone by promising that in March he will destroy the world, but in the meantime, for some reason, he intends to teach a class students in a high end school (though the class he teaches is where the students with the lowest grades go, and they get the poorest treatment of all the students). So during this time, the students are informed by the government, for some reason the only ones to know about this creature, that they must assassinate their sensei before their class ends to save the planet, and whoever succeeds gets 10 billion yen.

So it's all about the lessons the students learn from the super creature who is thus far inexplicably dedicated to teaching, all the while trying to assassinate him, which proves to be incredibly hard because his speed is ridiculous. It is a pretty unique idea and it's amusing. ^^

LadyFreyaDavram

Goddess of Vanda Knights
Premium
It's about a super creature that destroys most of the moon and then threatens everyone by promising that in March he will destroy the world, but in the meantime, for some reason, he intends to teach a class students in a high end school (though the class he teaches is where the students with the lowest grades go, and they get the poorest treatment of all the students). So during this time, the students are informed by the government, for some reason the only ones to know about this creature, that they must assassinate their sensei before their class ends to save the planet, and whoever succeeds gets 10 billion yen.

So it's all about the lessons the students learn from the super creature who is thus far inexplicably dedicated to teaching, all the while trying to assassinate him, which proves to be incredibly hard because his speed is ridiculous. It is a pretty unique idea and it's amusing. ^^
Hmm, that sounds really fun to watch or read. Is there some sort of comedy in it?

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Well yeah it's primarily comedy.

You could probably get a better understanding much faster just by checking it out. :laugh:

Top Bottom