• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gears of War 3

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Does rolling in Gears 3 Beta make you move around faster like in Gears 2?

Cause if not, stop rolling Mura! I thought I was watching Gears 2 for a second there.
I can't help it. It's a force of habit. I feel stupid when I just run forward. Rolling makes me feel good. :) Surprisingly, I liked Gears 2's CMS more.

I broke it in my second day of playing.

Then again, all I do is take my sweet time and calmly walk to places, so it wasn't that hard for me to break that habit in the first place.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
That's strange. I've always wondered if there was a fail-safe to avoid leader abuse. I've always wanted to hold frags as leader, and blow people up if they every downed me, knowing my immortality would save me. I wonder if that will get me killed as well. I must try it.

Two new videos:

My first Godlike

Reply to a gnasher vs dbs video.
No that wont kill you. You can pretty much just camp at frags on Thrashball and if you go down you just tag yourself just before they meatshield you, and do the same at Inks on Checkout. Tag yourself, they get stunned, they usually pick you up, you shake to force them to stand in you Ink. Frag tagging yourself as leader is an easy way to get kills, which is why I was so shocked when I died from that double retro charge.

:phone:

LieutenantSerg

Smash Lord
Does rolling in Gears 3 Beta make you move around faster like in Gears 2?

Cause if not, stop rolling Mura! I thought I was watching Gears 2 for a second there.
This!
The roll makes me feel like I'm moving slower

Also anyone in So-cal attending the 2v2 gears tournament?

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Also no rolling doesn't make you move faster. They reverted it back to the Gears 1 roll because the way it worked it Gears 2 got heaps of criticism.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I wasn't attacking Gold Glove, or anybody for that matter >_>. I don't even know who Gold Glove is lol.
Really famous GoW player that everyone worships for seemingly no reason.

Only reason I said that was because C0mbat's argument was pretty much "the DBS can't kill a group of people and the Gnasher can therefore it's not an overpowered or cheap weapon." YOU went into a lot more detail and made preciser points than he did though in terms of defending your standpoint.

It was a very well thought out argument though so seriously good work. Hopefully more people take notice of it.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Also no rolling doesn't make you move faster. They reverted it back to the Gears 1 roll because the way it worked it Gears 2 got heaps of criticism.
I've heard that the Gears 2 roll was actually meant to be like the Gears 1 roll, where the player's movement speed and roll speed are the same. There's a different movement setting for cutscenes in the Gears 2 campaign, where everything moves more slowly, and Epic made a careless error and used this run scheme instead of the normal one. There's a youtube video about it somewhere.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Mura, about your video, I thought it was well structured, but I don't agree with you wholehartedly.
First off, let me say that I am 100% behind you in saying that the sawed-off takes less effort and in relation to that takes less skill by our community's definition.
With that said, I don't agree with you that it isn't overpowered.
Have you ever played an experienced player who uses the sawed off like a gears 1 gnasher? They wallbounce to you, but in the end don't have to line up their shots. The experienced players can blast through even the best players when using the sawed-off.
The only reason I think you haven't concluded that it is overpowered is because the sawed off users you see either flank or camp.
Those rare, good sawed-off users demonstrate just how "Overpowered" that gun is. It will centralize execution to no end. When you have respawns, killing more than one person without effort is an issue, but in a game mode like execution, the sawed-off will dominate the game with its simplicity.
That warrants the title of overpowered.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
But if say they made the DBS an all or nothing weapon, either kill or nothing, then it wouldn't be centralising on Execution. It'd be the players that make it good not the weapon.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
The players would take advantage of the gun and corner camp with it, with much more effectiveness than the gnasher or anything else could succeed with.

Well on the bright side, I just acquired F8AL's soul. ;)
I haven't played the beta in all of May, is there anything that I can get in the Beta that I can't get in the finished game?

I have the football Cole Train, if there is a regular Cole, I don't have him.

If I don't get him now, I won't be able to get him in the actual game? Is that what you are saying?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Hrmmmmm I got the internet back

I really don't wanna play this beta though

But I must if there's a Golden Lancer in it for me

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Playing Gears 3 so much has given me an insatiable urge to play Gears 1. I want to remember what it's like to have fun with this game again.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
The beta ends Monday morning so if you haven't unlocked all the stuff for the retail version, you'd better hurry up!

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I think they did the unthinkable with that tweak and somehow gave the Gnasher sniper more range.

That gun really, desperately, needs a decrease in range. If it's the same as it is in the beta then I think I'll just have to rent Gears 3.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well I'm good right now I got my Golden Plancer finally after hours and it feels good.

And man why the hell is EVERYBODY using the normal Lancer over the Plancer? I swear to God not being able to pick up Plancer ammo off the ground made my job a million times harder because nobody is using it anymore and swapped for the Lancer.

Anything I should know?

I was under the impression that even though they stated that the tweak fixed the Lancer up a bit, but really didn't show any notable changes

The lancer is really good from mid range to long range. Since your shotgun isn't, the Lancer complements the shotgun perfectly by giving your weapons a well rounded balance between the ranges.

Plus it has a chainsaw.

I don't remember if I have a golden Lancer or not. :(

Also, this episode in particular was quite good.

[yt]nWnuUZS3tTA[/yt]

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Holy ****

#2 was insane

#1 was completely wtf because I've never seen anybody get a kill with it

the others were ok I guess they were all explosive kills so not really anything I could've expected less form them

Well the explosive kills eliminated the entire enemy team at once, which is particularly entertaining.

#2 and #1 should've switched though.

Top Bottom