• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GDX & NLL Present: K.U.B. - Road to Apex Qualifier. FREE Apex Entry for 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I don't want to deal with the impending arguments so no coaching mid match. You can do whatever you want between matches

:phone:

Master Raven

Smash Master
Hbox I'm available to team if you're up for it. It doesn't seem like there are that many people left to team with.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Remember this Jeff ;)
pretty sure no one said it before. and I'm pretty sure when no coaching is in the actual rules I don't coach. I was asking because I've been to tournaments where me or someone else was coached against and the TO didn't do **** about it even when its in the rules.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
you can say general **** like FGC terms or the all time "stay paitent" but thats about it. If i hear/see it there will be consequences

MVD

Smash Master
you can say general **** like FGC terms or the all time "stay paitent" but thats about it. If i hear/see it there will be consequences
Coaching definitely should be allowed, that's apex rules, just saying sir

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Coaching definitely should be allowed, that's apex rules, just saying sir

this is the one thing I will do differently than apex, because its not worth the headache for a regional. Mid match coaching is not allowed

MVD

Smash Master
this is the one thing I will do differently than apex, because its not worth the headache for a regional. Mid match coaching is not allowed
What headche? Both players can have it I don't see the bad in it

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
When it's clearly allowed in the rules it's NEVER been an issue. It's when it's not allowed and ppl say small things that causes the dispute.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
yes keith if you legalized it tge result will be the same. the only way you'll get a headache if you dont say anything about coaching and people start to assume. if its legal or not the result regarding headache will be tge same

DFEAR

Smash Hero
coaching? ****ing i coach my opponent ALL the time.

and but of course, by coaching, i mean trolling the ****ing **** out of them.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
When there is coaching all I see is a way to make you a better player which doesn't seem so bad.. I the end the better player should win.... Right?

I say that cause the only time people really care about coaching is when it's top players playing.......

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I personally feel that a match should be between the two parties involved. Dealing with the tunnel vision or figuring out the way to beat the opponent on your own without someone else thinking for you is crucial in a 1vs1 competitive game. You don't see people tell others what to do mid match in a chess tournament or a card tournament . Save the tips and strategy sharing for inbetween matches within a set

Master Raven

Smash Master
I don't really mind coaching but I'm actually with GDX on coaching in between matches. I personally feel better just figuring out my opponent's strategy on my own than having someone tell me what to do mid-match, even though some coaching has helped me in the past. Also coaching puts psychological pressure on either player, essentially putting one or the other - or both - at a disadvantage, or advantage, depending on how the players are taking the coaching.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
pretty sure no one said it before. and I'm pretty sure when no coaching is in the actual rules I don't coach. I was asking because I've been to tournaments where me or someone else was coached against and the TO didn't do **** about it even when its in the rules.

I just said it because you did that to me lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom