• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GCTEdit v1.0 by ChiboSempai - Edit and Decompile GCT Files

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
With this new program I whipped up you can open TXT or GCT files, add codes to them, then save them as either format! This means not only can you add a last minute code to a GCT file you already compiled, but you can finally open a GCT file and save it as a TXT file!

Download the following zip file containing the program (GCTEdit.jar), and the readme.txt file explaining everything you could want to know about the program!

GCTEdit requires Java to run. You can check to see if you have Java and download it if you don't at: http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

If you wish to help make the code database bigger, check out this thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=246910

GCTEdit
Version 1.0
Download

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I just learned GUI the past couple weeks in school, so that = me making GCT Edit lol

if school taught me solving word problems, that would = me curing aids lol

lousy good for nothing school

this took very little time actually, I made it all today lol

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Not yet, perhaps it will eventually, but Code Manager works a little bit better on the txt side of things, which I hope this will eventually do. At the moment when you open a TXT file in this it literally just rips out all of the code lines then reads it as a GCT, so if you open a TXT then save it as a TXT, you're going to get a bunch of unknown codes since it doesn't pay attention to the titles when importing TXTs. Originally I wasn't even going to have support for adding TXTs, but Illianex suggested I should add it, so I did as a last minute thing.

The GCT part of this is as robust it can be, especially considering Code Manager can not work with GCTs at all. In my next main revision I'm going to enhance the TXT side of things, so eventually this can serve as a replacement to Code Manager. I'm also going to support direct editing and removal of codes, since at the moment this can only add (and if you want to edit or remove you have to save it as a TXT, edit, then re-open).

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
enter codes without a space in the middle and no new lines. make it so its like one long line. read the readme.txt in the zip file for more info

i held off adding in the whole
-------- --------
-------- --------
code format input at the beginning since iv found that in many instances, there might be a blank space at the end of each line, or ppl might forget the space in the middle, so for the time being i kept it as one long line which people cant really mess up

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
How the **** do I use this? the readme doesn't explain AT ALL how to load a gct file. WTF CLASS file do I use to open it?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
ummm... please explain your situation more clearly

it sounds like the program isnt even opening for you. you need the latest version of java to run. the link is in the OP

once its open, its really self explanatory on how to open a gct lol. you click, open gct :laugh:

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
This looks like it could be amazing Chibo, I've been looking for something like this. But I ran into a problem with it. When trying to open my GCT, it stopped after 1 code (4.0%). Would you have any idea how to fix this?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
there was one code and the rest were unknown?

the % just means thats the amount it was able to locate.

the way it works is that it rips out all of the codes from the gct file, the runs a search for all of the codes i have in the database. everytime it find a match it adds that code. and codes not found are in unknown codes. the % thing is more of a bonus to tell you the % of codes it found.

the database is rly small at the moment, it can only search for like 8 codes lol. im gonna release an update soon with a larger database. (and some improved open txt support, its a little limited atm)

its not freezing, it just wasnt able to translate all of the codes. it still did its job. as the database grows, it will find more codes and the % will go up.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
there was one code and the rest were unknown?

the % just means thats the amount it was able to locate.

the way it works is that it rips out all of the codes from the gct file, the runs a search for all of the codes i have in the database. everytime it find a match it adds that code. and codes not found are in unknown codes. the % thing is more of a bonus to tell you the % of codes it found.

the database is rly small at the moment, it can only search for like 8 codes lol. im gonna release an update soon with a larger database. (and some improved open txt support, its a little limited atm)

its not freezing, it just wasnt able to translate all of the codes. it still did its job. as the database grows, it will find more codes and the % will go up.
That is good. But it did freeze, it didn't respond after it reached 10%.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Like, It's just a folder with a bunch of random files in it. which CLASS file out of the several that appear do I open? Like, where IS the program inside the folders?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Ummm... the only things in the zip should be the readme.txt and gctedit.jar. Just double click the jar file and it opens the program lol. Download the latest java.

--

That's odd that it froze, can you post the file you tried to open that made it freeze? And it doesn't exactly "reach" a number, it doesnt like count up as it goes lol. It loads the whole file, then calculates the percent.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I opened the gctedit.jar.....and it's just a bunch of CLASS files and a Meta.INF folder. I have java....

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
redownload the newest version. when you double click on the jar its supposed to just open right up. it runs the exact same way as utdzac's brawl music swapper

Dantarion

Smash Champion
You might want to embed the jar inside a EXE for the dumb folk who have problems with winzip/winrar wanting to open the jar files.

_Vuze_

Smash Apprentice
Thanks a lot ChiboSempai! I have been looking for sth like that a long time already!

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I'm not dumb... I just have never worked with a .jar file before...can someone help me to get it working?

Jys072595

Smash Rookie
You have it trying to open with Java. Right click it, and choose Open With. Search for wherever Java is stored, choose always open with, and THEN open it.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Hm...I opened it with the java I have, but it closed right away. maybe I don't have the latest version of java? idk

Cornballer

Smash Apprentice
It works really well for me, we should contribute to the database, when it gets huge if Chibo updates it it will be an amazing program. He's a great coder, give him props :)/

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
awesome! thanks so much, I always left a code or 2 out and it was a pain selecting them all again. good work, ill try this out when i wake up :3

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I don't see why this wouldn't work with PAL. It just won't recognize as many codes.

Personally I find the best part about this program is being able to open up a GCT and being able to quickly add a code to it if you missed it when originally making the GCT.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
chibo, if youre thinking of updating this, can you add in an option to make it not separate the text file by known codes (ie no names on any codes)? It makes it easier for when you want to remove a code (save text file, open in Word, search, remove codes, remove spaces (and, at this point in time, code names), copy/paste, save gct).

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
why cant u just remove it now? if it finds it cool no need for u to search, but if u need to search if its there itl just find it in unknown codes

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
but you then have to strip all teh other files of their names before you input the string back into the program

unless GCTEdit has a 'find' function

then again, im probably missing some obvious, simple solution to this

w/e, the program works great, thanks

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Just open the GCT, save as TXT, find the code u wanna take out urself, save the TXT file, then go back to GCT Edit, and choose open TXT file and open it. When you input codes in the program you have to remove names and spaces, but the program can open txt files fine.

Whenever I go back to editing this program (I'd like to release another version soonish) I'm going to make the input code option easier (not having to remove all spaces and such) and also make some new enhancements like delete codes and such right from within the program.

Top Bottom