• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~Gardevoir~ Most Awesome Shield-Caster Ever. Or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brawlman

Smash Ace
I see this topic got quite a bit active lately, mainly with a talk of emotions I rather not get into.

I thought we all knew that Mewtwo hated everyone and everything because well umm... I dunno, he just does Gardevoir seems to be the opposite of that.. :laugh:

Super special awesome!

Ash's Pikachu is broken, that it's either level 100 or much weaker during the times it does lose. As for love...

The power of friendship is even stronger then Chuck Norris!
In America!
Quite a fan of the Abridged series I see.:chuckle:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
But you never know. People thought the Ice Climbers wouldn't be in, but they are.
Exactly, Sakurai basically says, "screw the rules, I have money" in regards to who should be in, ultimately, the best we can do is probability.

That said, I would really like her to be in, she'd make an interesting and unique character.

P.S. Yakshimash, my name is Shadi...... In America!

Couldn't resist, this abridged series is simply fabulous.

LightLink17

Smash Apprentice
Gardevoir is in. I will it to be so. :p

Wouldn't it be cool if you could do that with characters? Hopefully Sakurai liked Gardevoir enough to put her in despite...anything. Not that she has anything against her. :p

Fawriel

Smash Master
Maybe Gardevoir may make it in Brawl as a playable character.

I too found some significance in Ralts. I had played pokemon games before. But the Pokemon were not very creative much. Then I found Ralts.

But when you consider all the facts, it's more likely that Gardevoir will be a Pokeball Pokemon.

But you never know. People thought the Ice Climbers wouldn't be in, but they are.
Here's for hoping! My hair is hoping vigorously!

Also, being the "generalizations are bad!" person I am, I'll list some cool and creative 3rd gen Pokemon besides Gardy!
Surskit and Masquerain, Breloom, Nincada and its evolutions, Whismur and the rest, Nosepass is awesome, and Mawile takes the cake, Medicham is pretty neat, and Roselia is just great, Wailord needs some loving, and Numel ain't too bad, Spoink and Grumpig are plain weird but original, maybe.
Spinda and Trapinch, which evolves into a dragon(fly), Altaria is pretty-ish, Claydol and Milotic are too, Chimecho is a funky thing while Absol is way cute and cool, just like Clamperl's evolutions, and Relicanth is real.
Not sure what to make of Metagross, but it's interesting for sure, and most of the following legendaries are better than spin-off Mews.

I tried to make a song out of it on the fly. Tried. =<

Brawlman

Smash Ace
Look at what I forgot that I had in my photobucket!

I don't have the full version of it, but you can still see what Kirby would look like with Gardevoir powers. :chuckle:

Brawlman

Smash Ace
Here's for hoping! My hair is hoping vigorously!

Also, being the "generalizations are bad!" person I am, I'll list some cool and creative 3rd gen Pokemon besides Gardy!
Surskit and Masquerain, Breloom, Nincada and its evolutions, Whismur and the rest, Nosepass is awesome, and Mawile takes the cake, Medicham is pretty neat, and Roselia is just great, Wailord needs some loving, and Numel ain't too bad, Spoink and Grumpig are plain weird but original, maybe.
Spinda and Trapinch, which evolves into a dragon(fly), Altaria is pretty-ish, Claydol and Milotic are too, Chimecho is a funky thing while Absol is way cute and cool, just like Clamperl's evolutions, and Relicanth is real.
Not sure what to make of Metagross, but it's interesting for sure, and most of the following legendaries are better than spin-off Mews.

I tried to make a song out of it on the fly. Tried. =<
How does that EVEN sound like a song?! XD

Brawlman

Smash Ace
Ah well. Ya tried.

Anyway...I've had something weird and disturbing on my mind lately....It involves Gardevoir obviously...But I won't say it if no one wants me to. :p

LightLink17

Smash Apprentice
Did it have anything to do with sexing Gardevoir? :p

I don't think there's anything much worse than that old stick/arousing comment from a while ago.

Fawriel

Smash Master
You do that.
So which thread was that, Hipster?
I like staying in the threads I know, so I'm a little slow to notice new ones.

As for the "song"... I just went through the National Dex list and picked every Pokemon I liked from it and then tried to somehow put them into a melody I was humming. Which could maybe have worked if the melody hadn't changed every few seconds.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Torchic is a Pokéball Pokémon. Blaziken deconfirmed. Higher chances for Gardevoir, I'd say.
At least it was Torchic and Kyogre that were confirmed as Poke Ball Pokemon (I was expecting Kyogre to be inside a Poke Ball). Sonic made me happy, but I'd be upset if Gardevoir and/or Lucario ended up in a Poke Ball.

Fawriel

Smash Master
That depends on who you ask.
A more precise term for "furries" is "anthros" ( short for "anthropomorphic" ), which encompasses all forms of humanoid creatures that incorporate elements from different beings ( heck, there are probably anthros that are humanoid objects ). "Furries" is just the common slang term that is often used for all forms of these, although technically there are also "scalies" and whatnot. Kind of like how no one knows what the difference between hip-hop and rap is although rap can be used in songs that are not hip-hop.

Now the rest is just a question of perception. There are so-called "Pokemorphs" that are specifically humanoid Pokemon. But considering that Gardevoir only needs minor changes before she can be considered a stylized humanoid being could make her be considered a "furry" indeed.

Myself, I'd say she's more on the normal Pokemon side, but as soon as you give her some more shapely legs and maybe change the face a little, you've got a first-class anthro right there.

Brawlman

Smash Ace
XD

Don't worry about it. Everyone has their own prefrences.

And back on topic.....I'm learning how to draw, and I have a few new drawing supplies. So I will be able to actually DRAW a moveset for Gardevoir eventually....If she's not revealed first! :chuckle:

Fawriel

Smash Master
A noble endeavour indeed, my friend.

If you decide to get serious about drawing, never ever become like me. You should first start copying reality. It's not fun, but only when you master reality can you truly work with stylizing it and can break away from the usual manga-style fare. Learn to love constructive criticism. And yet never let drawing turn into hard work for you, because that will only cause you to have too high expectations and barely draw at all.

I shall draw something today, too. It's a good day for that.

Black/Light

Smash Master
XD

Don't worry about it. Everyone has their own prefrences.

And back on topic.....I'm learning how to draw, and I have a few new drawing supplies. So I will be able to actually DRAW a moveset for Gardevoir eventually....If she's not revealed first! :chuckle:
Well, I mostly agree with Faw but I personally suggest starting from copying other cartoon's. Sure, you may in up boxed in a "style" like I was (Started "forreal" drawing Pokemon/ digimon. . . . I would than only draw pokemon/ digimon or make them up. THAN I started drawing DBZ. . . .could only make up characters that looked like DBZ after that. Than I said "screw cartoons" and stopped looking at cartoons for the year till I finally got my own style which was born out of my past exp with cartoon drawings and the realistic drawings I started to make) but because of drawing human characters like Goku (Human body/hands) and animal characters like Pokemon (wings/4 legs/tails) it was much easyer for me down the road when I started life drawing and realistic drawing.

Theres nothing wrong with drawing from cartoons when you are getting started with drawing, just make sure to learn w/e cartoon style as well as you can so that you can apply what you learned from it (In my case it was hands/ feet/ body build/ perpective and animal parts) and make your own stlye after learning the ins and outs of life drawing/ realistic drawing.

Edit once more- Screw it, I can't show the big guns so I might as well keep the lil guns that teach nothing.

:034:

Smash Hero
Eh? I just copied from other styles, then from that I created my own style, and worked on that. The basics are all the same really..

...Isn't this a Gardevoir topic and not a drawing topic, though?

LightLink17

Smash Apprentice
Not if we're talking about drawing Gardevoir. :p

No, but Fawriel is right. Any beginning artist who is truly serious about drawing will learn to draw the real human body first. All stylized depictions of the human body are just that...stylized. It's much better to learn first what you're really working with, and then when you've mastered that, it'll be a piece of cake to exaggerate certain elements without worry.
I regret nothing.
Lol. This is the funniest comment ever.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Since Gardevoir itself looks like a piece of abstract art, I guess we can let this slide. ^^

PS: I'd comment on your pictures, B/L, but they somehow take ages to load. By the time they are done, there are probably a few thousand more replies.

Black/Light

Smash Master
...Isn't this a Gardevoir topic and not a drawing topic, though?
Theres always room to help young artist.;)

And LightLink17, not sure what age you are refering to. Sure, anyone who wants to become a artist of somekind has to learn the human form but that should only come later, if the person is young and is just starting. Simple cartoons based on other styles are cool till you get good enuff to and mature enuff to take on life drawing.

NintenDOPE

Smash Rookie
I'd rather have Blaziken then Gardevoir if we have to have a playable 3rd Gen. I still think it's best to stick with The Pokemon Trainer (who will rock) and the old 'Mon.

RWB

Smash Ace
I would like to again state my loyalty to this cause. >:|
If both Gardevoir and Ashley is in, then I'm more than satisfied. I'll throw a feast(I'm the only guest... XD), in the honor of Sakurai.^^

I'll be a sad panda if neither makes it, but I will still enjoy the game. If those two are in...

Oh crap, I need to learn how to use a GC control with my feet, two mains at the same time. x_x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom