• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon's Impossible Mission

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMike

Smash Lord
Everybody probably knows this, but i just want to emphasize some more.

Ganon's Up B is has a really terrible move with none hitstun and and not much knock back. That allows Gimper characters to gimp him even when this character misses.

You guys can see it better here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBKiNV87o6o

Now, image Wario using Fair. Or even ROB(<3) and his Fair. Gimp. Miss it? Still Gimp. Get out of gimps is a impossible mission for Ganon, or there's same way to avoid them?

*This don't work if you Up B the opponent when he's on the ground because there, it has a histun that doesn't allow the opponent to punish this way *

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Even the latest comment in that video said that this was known long ago.

PX, be useful.

Edit: Ignored most of what you said, but we still won't Up B near the ground.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Once Ganon's off-stage with 30% damage or more, at the top of the metagame, he shouldn't really make it back against most of the cast (this also includes Falcon). People have yet to take proper advantage of this.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Whether this is already known or not, Ganondorf is a really, really, bad character.
Really? When did you find this out? I thought every character had trouble forcing approaches, dealing with projectile spam, and recovering in general.

Am I mistaken?

TheMike

Smash Lord
As I said on the OP, "probably everybody knows this". And I made a question, too, that can make some discussions about being gimped.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546

*This don't work if you Up B the opponent when he's on the ground because there, it has a histun that doesn't allow the opponent to punish this way *
Actually, the Falcon in the video was attempting it wrong. He was getting grabbed by Ganon's dark dive on the ground, that only picks you up and places you back where you are.

TheMike

Smash Lord
I just want to emphasize some more as this could create a nice discussion =]

And Thanks Red8 ^^

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Really? When did you find this out? I thought every character had trouble forcing approaches, dealing with projectile spam, and recovering in general.

Am I mistaken?
You forgot laggy attacks, slow speed in general, being easily comboed and abysmal matchups.

Sorry, TC, but there's no real way to avoid that scenario. If you're playing against anyone decent, then they'll probably gimp you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom