• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon's Book of Sinister Secrets (Discoveries, Trix & ATs)

Humanity

Smash Cadet
In my experience, characters surviving Ganon's dair offstage at 0% is more of the exception than the rule. Not sure if that applies with meteor cancels, but I'm not sure level 1 CPUs know how to meteor cancel anyhow.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
IIRC Diddy is put into a temporary helpless state when knocked ou of the barrels, and they seem to rocket down a lot farther than usual too, which pretty much results in instant death if I'm correct due to how far they're shot and when they're able to act.

TheBearsnake

Smash Cadet
NNID
theBearsnake
3DS FC
4553-9978-0228
Yes, can['t really prove it as I deleted the replay to make more room but I did.
If this is the case we should test that, I've not tested reverse warlock punch. It wouldn't surprise me if it has super armor on the reverse in the air. The move we be so much better with super armor in the air. Which doesn't say a whole lot, but the threat of the punch is enough to make people second guess themselves if they respect it.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I can try and run some tests, no promises though.

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface
I have a question. Has anyone found a reliable way to utilize his uppercut upB? It kills so early, but im struggling to find a way to connect it other than both punches connecting from the ground. Other than that...
My goodness! I truly believe this is the best iteration of theDorf yet. The dive kick creates so many options for approach and defense, not to mention that it transforms ganon into a character that has -zero- respect for projectiles.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I have a question. Has anyone found a reliable way to utilize his uppercut upB? It kills so early, but im struggling to find a way to connect it other than both punches connecting from the ground. Other than that...
My goodness! I truly believe this is the best iteration of theDorf yet. The dive kick creates so many options for approach and defense, not to mention that it transforms ganon into a character that has -zero- respect for projectiles.
I would agree. If I could use customs against anyone online. But I can't.

RAzul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RioFlows
3DS FC
0705-4214-5965
I almost always use this at some point when playing with Ganon:

1. Flame choke
2. D-tilt
3. F-tilt

You'll rack up a healthy amount of % (and if your opponent is high % then that final 'sparta' kick can be a literal killer)
I literally started picking him up in training last night and and found this to be a very sweet option. Thing is, I played against a level 7-9 Sheik a few times and she seemed to have been able to tech roll away from after she was Flame Choked which was weird and brings me to ask: So, that's a thing? If so, the timing is probably similar to that of teching the ground or wall but probably a little more strict. Confirmation of this from anyone would be awesome. Please and thank you.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I literally started picking him up in training last night and and found this to be a very sweet option. Thing is, I played against a level 7-9 Sheik a few times and she seemed to have been able to tech roll away from after she was Flame Choked which was weird and brings me to ask: So, that's a thing? If so, the timing is probably similar to that of teching the ground or wall but probably a little more strict. Confirmation of this from anyone would be awesome. Please and thank you.
Gerudo > Dtilt is not garantueed on Sheik.

Jiom

Smash Journeyman
So I was messing around with side b and found out it's really good to use for edge trumping, instead of going for the sweetspot with it to the ledge holding down makes it last the whole duration so people have to think twice about recovering low against ganon.

It takes some getting used to but it's an alternative mixup than just standing next to the ledge.

Shogger

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shogger
3DS FC
2552-2996-2619
So I was messing around with side b and found out it's really good to use for edge trumping, instead of going for the sweetspot with it to the ledge holding down makes it last the whole duration so people have to think twice about recovering low against ganon.

It takes some getting used to but it's an alternative mixup than just standing next to the ledge.
I'll probably stick to doing that since I always screw up the insta-drop to ledge required to perform crisp ledge trumps.

Cows

Smash Apprentice
I found that d-throw to dash attack is combo,if timed correctly, that hits for around 30% if used when opponent is at 0.

Last edited:

RAzul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RioFlows
3DS FC
0705-4214-5965
I found that d-throw to dash attack is combo,if timed correctly, that hits for around 30% if used when opponent is at 0.
Duly noted man. Thank you for this.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
It doesn't do around 30%. I think it does like 22%.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
So if you dash attack into a projectile, you clank with it.

However, it seems that the very start of the dash goes through projectiles, meaning you cancel them and proceed with your attack. I know it at least works with Tink's arrow, had it happen a few other times although I don't recall the attacks. Speaking of attacks, I'm curious if this would go through moves as well.

JmacAttack

Wielder of the Triforce
BRoomer
NNID
DudeMcPersonMan
3DS FC
1865-1222-7961
If customs ever become a widespread thing (and there's a real effort underway to make sure they do), Flame Choke combos into Dark Fists, and this works against more characters than down-tilt, and the characters it works on include Diddy Kong and Sheik. This can make Choke a very good kill setup with Dark Fists.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
It doesn't do around 30%. I think it does like 22%.
I think you can actually get Sourspotted DA -> Dthrow -> iDA for around 30% from 0%, though I haven't confirmed if the first DA -> Grab is guaranteed or a string. Either way it can be useful.

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
If customs ever become a widespread thing (and there's a real effort underway to make sure they do), Flame Choke combos into Dark Fists, and this works against more characters than down-tilt, and the characters it works on include Diddy Kong and Sheik. This can make Choke a very good kill setup with Dark Fists.
Is this at any percent? Guess it's time to hit up the lab and find out.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
When you're at the very ledge of a low battlefield platform , the ledge toward the center, if you wiz kick you'll stop just short of a cancel. However, wizkicking the same way and holding forward allows it to end mid air, although at around the same time asit normally would've ended. Still, it's time saved.

I think holding forward may help with some missed wizkick cancels too, if you're just short of them.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Dark Fists has set knockback on the first hit, so it will always combo into its second hit if the first one lands.
Keep in mind, though, that some characters can DI the lay-up, thus avoiding the Power Fist.

When you're at the very ledge of a low battlefield platform , the ledge toward the center, if you wiz kick you'll stop just short of a cancel. However, wizkicking the same way and holding forward allows it to end mid air, although at around the same time asit normally would've ended. Still, it's time saved.

I think holding forward may help with some missed wizkick cancels too, if you're just short of them.
This is even better with WDK :skull:

Watulio

Smash Cadet
Something I almost always manage to land is down throw>jump and fair as quick as possible. His fair hits people above ganondorf and that thing packs a punch. A good easy 20~% damage

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Not sure, but I think you ca link repeated dairs if you hit the ground right as it comes out, on certain characters of course. Techable but worth looking into imo

Hi-Hatz

Smash Cadet
NNID
Vrillyhoo
I just noticed something for myself today that I am definitely adding to my own stage guide, and I'm curious how known it already was... but when you spike somebody in the air, they bounce according to the angle of the ground below, as opposed to always bouncing almost straight up when you spike them from the ground. Obviously not so much of an AT as it is just situational knowledge that can contribute to some stylish kills.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
It doesn't work. Training mode lies when hard knockdowns are involved. I've made Choke -> F-smash register as a combo even though it clearly is not guaranteed on anyone.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
It doesn't work. Training mode lies when hard knockdowns are involved. I've made Choke -> F-smash register as a combo even though it clearly is not guaranteed on anyone.
Amusingly, the training mode "combos" thing is super inaccurate, since some "combos" are legit but don't register.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I know I brought up Dash Attacking through projectiles before, but I'm not sure if it works on anything other than arrows. I did it through a normal Links arrows last night, but haven't been able to go through anything but arrows. I'm not testing it, but it just happens mid battle.

My previous post talked about how the start of DA goes through arrows and still allows you to hit them..

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
So I think vs some characters depending on the range of their ledge attack it's possible to cover all their options with utilt aside from a ledge drop or possibly ledge hop.

I covered the majority of the roll length of a Bowser but he ended up right behind me still getting hit, which made me want to explore the utilt hitbox some more.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I know I brought up Dash Attacking through projectiles before, but I'm not sure if it works on anything other than arrows. I did it through a normal Links arrows last night, but haven't been able to go through anything but arrows. I'm not testing it, but it just happens mid battle.

My previous post talked about how the start of DA goes through arrows and still allows you to hit them..
First frame of Dash attack will clank with small projectiles.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Yeah if anything it's a pretty good OoS option, but it's likely di dependent and it only works on some characters. I could make a list but idk if it's worth it.

Top Bottom