• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

Heartstring

Smash Legend
You guys might have already heard, but Gunblade's house just burned down and all of his possessions were destroyed. He's a fellow Ganon player who was on the Ganon Gauntlet at Apex, so if any of you want to help him out, you can donate to his paypal below. Thanks.

brendantriano@aol.com
Oh damn, As soon as i get this weeks paycheck i am so contributing

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
That's like the most unlikely, abstruse match-up you could possibly think of lmao. Like, has that one ever happened since the game was released? XD

And I was actually asking about whether people would be interested in having MU discussions in a more sorted manner 0_0

:059:

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I actually play the MU a lot haha. I beat Y.b.M's ZSS in winner's bracket at Revenge a few months ago.

Even though I think the MU is -2, it's still actually one of my favorite MU's. It's definitely closer to -1 than -3. I think the only ZSS I've had trouble with was Dakpo at Genesis 2....and I think that's because Infinity was coaching him against me the whole time. Who coaches against a Ganon, I mean really... >.>

:phone:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'd like to hear some concrete advice then ^_^

And if this goes well we may actually start these discussions for srs with its own thread and such. Would love to hear Verm's and your input ... and that of all the other people who have experience with it.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I played our resident ZSS with ganon once, As soon as he figured out the spacing, It was totally impossible to get to him XD
that said, it did take him 2.6 stocks to get it right

Bloodynite

Smash Ace
its a definite -2

you either need to get the pieces or make sure she doesn't have them otherwise you'll eat a **** load of damage but if you do get one you can toss it after a choke for decent damage

overall its hard to get in on her and she can keep you out fairly well.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Thankfully, it was all false. Verm is alive and well, and Tacket's been Super Banned for pulling such a stunt. I'm just relieved. I was literally crying too. Ugh, that jerk!

Dakpo

Smash Lord
I think the only ZSS I've had trouble with was Dakpo at Genesis 2....and I think that's because Infinity was coaching him against me the whole time. Who coaches against a Ganon, I mean really... >.>

Who coaches against a Ganon, I mean really... >.>

I could not agree more, who needs to be coached against ganon?!?!

For the record Infinity was no where near us during the money match
It is really easy to abuse ganon's lack of mobility, just spamming down smash and Nspecial until you jump is all that is needed to completely lock down the match-up.
I feel her Nspecial beat every grounded approuach besides the obvious shield.

GGs DLA, it was nice to meet and play an actual ganon main :p

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Who coaches against a Ganon, I mean really... >.>

I could not agree more, who needs to be coached against ganon?!?!

For the record Infinity was no where near us during the money match
It is really easy to abuse ganon's lack of mobility, just spamming down smash and Nspecial until you jump is all that is needed to completely lock down the match-up.
I feel her Nspecial beat every grounded approuach besides the obvious shield.

GGs DLA, it was nice to meet and play an actual ganon main :p
I seem to remember it differently... then again salt may be clouding my memory haha.

Either way you were definitely the best ZSS at the MU I've ever fought, coaching or not. It was nice meeting you too, you're a cool dude, I'm definitely gonna be asking for the $10 runback next time we meet :p

though if we meet in bracket first you may get one of my secondaries instead, since IIRC you kinda wrecked my Ganon in the MM lol.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
I seem to remember it differently... then again salt may be clouding my memory haha.

Either way you were definitely the best ZSS at the MU I've ever fought, coaching or not. It was nice meeting you too, you're a cool dude, I'm definitely gonna be asking for the $10 runback next time we meet :p

though if we meet in bracket first you may get one of my secondaries instead, since IIRC you kinda wrecked my Ganon in the MM lol.
you can count on it :p

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
FYI guys...I'm helping set up a local this weekend that looks like it's going to be 50+ attendance including Ally, Lain, MJG, Kain, and more...it will feature a high quality live stream plus commentary, player interviews, etc.

So if you guys have nothing better to do on Saturday, come chill out with me on the stream. www.twitch.tv/kirkiusprime

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
FYI guys...I'm helping set up a local this weekend that looks like it's going to be 50+ attendance including Ally, Lain, MJG, Kain, and more...it will feature a high quality live stream plus commentary, player interviews, etc.

So if you guys have nothing better to do on Saturday, come chill out with me on the stream. www.twitch.tv/kirkiusprime

Probably goes without saying, but you might want to post that link again when Saturday comes. I'd like to see the tournament myself.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
I actually play the MU a lot haha. I beat Y.b.M's ZSS in winner's bracket at Revenge a few months ago.

Even though I think the MU is -2, it's still actually one of my favorite MU's. It's definitely closer to -1 than -3. I think the only ZSS I've had trouble with was Dakpo at Genesis 2....and I think that's because Infinity was coaching him against me the whole time. Who coaches against a Ganon, I mean really... >.>

I have no recollection of this. Though that sounds like some **** I would do, just to make sure my boy wins :p (Though I wouldn't do it mid-match, it would be between games. I've got more respect than that)

Also - I totally keep reading your signature as "Angry Lesbian Dyslexic" Edit - Which is ironic now that I think about it. Lysdexia for the win! /backtolurking

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Lmao. Yeah I don't remember the specifics honestly...all I remember is walking away after that MM thinking "why did my Ganondorf just get coached against o.O?"

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Lmao. Yeah I don't remember the specifics honestly...all I remember is walking away after that MM thinking "why did my Ganondorf just get coached against o.O?"

That when you know you're good, Someone has to be coached/properly research in a MU that is already heavily in their favour

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yo DLA plz record as many vids of your Ganon from that tourney as possible. I wanna learn EVERYTHING about this char now :3

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
I'll try. I'm going to be practicing my secondaries a lot at this tournament so that I can get more exp with them, but I'll make sure to play some Ganon too.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Hmm...See I would do it, but then there's that Olimar postbit over there...

I'm kidding, I did it. Although i had to fake most of the info, As if only americans are allowed to vote XD

Top Bottom