• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

Exalted

Smash Lord
So yeah, I just noticed you can FoG out of FH Uair -> Airdodge.

Dunno if this is new or not 0:

Edit: Same thing goes for Bair. Although, I can't say I've figured out the precise timing yet.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Gnes told me that Ganon vs Diddy isn't that bad for Ganon.

Can anyone confirm what Gnes said? I'm trying to pick up a solid secondary for Diddy.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
It's pretty good, yeah. Though, if you're serious, I would not at all consider Ganon as a viable pick for a Diddy CP in contrast to someone like Luigi. It's definitely one of his best high-tier MUs, but he's definitely not someone who I'd advise as a Diddy CP. I'll put it this way: it's not that bad as far as Ganon's MUs go.

Only character in the game I'd go as far as to say Ganon would be a solid secondary against is Wario and even that's pushing it a little.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I have achieved one internet and it's here to stay.
Reach me on those wifis again, homes.

[COLLAPSE="Contain the Ganliness"]

Awww ye.[/COLLAPSE]

What exactly do you mean by full jump dair to double jump uair, you then want me to up B to see the height i'm supposed to be reaching? If so, what do you mean by you trying to get an FoG from it?
The second jump recovery. FH Dair straight to dj.Uair is a setup for a second jump recovery. In particular, it was (last I checked) theoretically infinite with Uair. However, despite theory saying it should be the same, I was never able to get an FoG from this; only the sjr. aerial.

I was possibly confused when I suggested this. I don't see how it helps you figure out FoG.

My question should have been, if you'd done the SH version once. Doing these things the first time is always hard. But then you can remember it.

The only FoG vid i had to base myself off of for the SH one, was a really glitchy looking video. It was hard to see the timing, i think it may have been Kprime.
And now you have the vid Verm linked.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Gnes told me that Ganon vs Diddy isn't that bad for Ganon.

Can anyone confirm what Gnes said? I'm trying to pick up a solid secondary for Diddy.
It's... pretty bad for Ganon.

When people say Ganon vs Diddy "isn't that bad for Ganon", they mean in comparison to his WORST matchups like MK, Falco,and ICs. IMO it's 35:65 in Diddy's favor, at best.

Fonz (the Ganon who won the Ohio tournament) seems to think that it's at least even for Ganon though... and who knows, it might be, I haven't put nearly as much work into the matchup as he has. He is a god at fighting Diddy Kong. And he's probably the most knowledgeable Ganon out there so if you want to see what he thinks of the matchup, send him a PM or something. His username is fonzi21 I believe.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
im fairly sure youre better off using a good character for seriousness
but, i would find it very amusing to see you pick ganon on adhd and see the constant flamers calling for your ban for sandbagging

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
While playing as Ganondorf (as I am so obliged to do) in a wifi friendly not unlike any other something remarkable happened. In an act of desperation I hit the little red circle on my controller while falling to the ground...
"Oh no...", I whispered feeling that this insubstantial red button, no larger than a peanut I must add, could have just cost me fifteen to twenty percent damage and all of my pride. I was devastated.
As I hung my head in shame some unexplainable and masculine force compelled me to gave upon the screen of my nineteen inch personal television and beheld a most glorious sight! As Ganondorf released his mighty roar and thrust forth arms that cause the gods themselves to tremble the unsuspecting Game and Watch dropped down through the platform landing in the path of destruction...

I now understand why people put time and effort into Ganondorf Dragmire of the Gerudo, for a moment such as this is worth all off the unwinnable matchups in the world.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Diddy sometimes feels almost as bad as Sheik. The only thing that saves the matchup is item catching, but he can punish mistakes way too easily against Ganon. It can be alright if you get in control, but it's just one of those matchups that can much more easily turn really awful. Not quite Ice Climber awful, but it can feel like that when getting rushed by Bananas.

It's not like Diddy really has any super **** matchups in his favor anyway, but as Verm said there's plenty of characters that do better against him than Ganon.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I think Ganon vs Diddy is +2 for Diddy. Can't make my mind up on the IC match-up but I think Ganon "can" win it. Also, can somebody explain the rationale behind the -2 against Luigi on the match-up chart? That match-up seems pretty even to me as does C.Falcon.

And lol @ Diddy not having any **** match-ups 0_o

:059:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Basically instant success with Ganon for shield breaking.

Keep an eye on your opponent's shield and know how much shield damage stomp does.

People will always attempt a shield on it.

Then it breaks.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Basically instant success with Ganon for shield breaking.

Keep an eye on your opponent's shield and know how much shield damage stomp does.

People will always attempt a shield on it.

Then it breaks.
i already do this Xd
teamnig with you at apex is gonig to rock, double shieldbreak anyone?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
omfg that'll be awesome.

If we kill one of them, keep 'em in shield stun the whole time with FSmash or something. Follow up with double warlock punch!

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Luigi is one of my top 3 favorite Ganon matchups. It's even IMO. Biglou ****ed me up in a $MM at genesis though, I'm still trying to figure it out lol. His luigi's a weirdo.

edit: CF vs Ganon is in Ganon's favor IMO.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
That's because CF is a worse character than Ganon. CF mains simply refuse to accept that.

Probably because there are none lol.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
omfg that'll be awesome.

If we kill one of them, keep 'em in shield stun the whole time with FSmash or something. Follow up with double warlock punch!
does ganon evne have a move that can keep someone in shield stun...in BRAWL?
but the prospect of it...brb cleaning trousers

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I have a decently hard time against CF.

Tips?
Early percents i get comboed, but i call that the "combo percents". Happens with everyones ****ing utilt for some reason. lol.

After that, it's easier, but he's fast. Tips?

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
I'm really good at the falcon matchup because I just sDI out of their jabs lol. Other than that, just shield his aerials and don't get grabbed... when he tries to gimp you with weak knee, just wait for the knee and double jump Uair.

Other than that just punish his landings, do cool gerudo ****, gimp him. If he spaces with aerials just wizkick or dash attack him. Falcon should have a really hard time killing Ganon.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Yes... we have IDA on anyone that we can Dtilt (with one or two exceptions that I forget).

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Kung Fu buddy?

Is there a timing to the DTilt's

For Ftilt on MK you don't want to buffer it right away right? I've noticed Ftilt not hitting if i immediately buffer it, does that work the same for the Dtilt?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i think the thing with ftilt is that if they hold away. they move a bit away from us so ftilts horribly short hitbox doesnt reach.
just theorising, ive never had many problems with it

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I can see Ganon beating Falcon in the match-up and tbh I think he's a better character too.
What do people think about the match-up vs Lucario? I don't see how it's supposed to be that bad =/

:059:

Top Bottom