• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Well, I'm fortunate enough to have some decent smashers in my local area, but attending regional tourneys is pretty hard to do. :\

Oh,and I got first place in my local. ^_^
ah, i got no-one. my best smash buddy is wifi :(

and congraturations! ganon only?

Xubble

Smash Ace
ah, i got no-one. my best smash buddy is wifi :(

and congraturations! ganon only?
That's a shame. Being stuck with WiFi and no offline ain't a good way to fly. :\

And sadly, I didn't use Ganon in the 1v1 bracket. Because of time constraints, the bracket was one-game single elimination, so losing a single match meant losing the whole thing. I had to be serious and used D3 and ICs.

One guy did go Ganon on me in the semifinals, but he wasn't the greatest. Didn't know how to Thunderstorm or anything advance, but he wasn't your typical B-button/roll-crazy scrub. Props to him for that. He won in the FFA round robin tournament we had going on too, and he was straight Ganon. My Snake goofed around too much and allowed him the kill in the final match. >_>

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah i know. That's why i have to take semi-regular trips to london to practise at the weekly tournaments that all the nu-school smashers go to....That and i have to remind them that they've got a long way to go before they start beating us superior old smashers :B

And thats a shame, bit of a scrubfest then? Winning is always good...even when using those godforsaken characters XD

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Yo.
I went alot of Ganon in teams today, and i'm hoping to get the matches uploaded.

I even took game 2 off of GDX.
Game 1 was ZSS v Diddy
Then i CP'd Halberd, he picked Wario and i went Ganon.

:)

Xubble

Smash Ace
@GP

There were two players who have been to tourneys before. One had to drop out cause his professor caught him skipping class (scandalous! O_o), and the other was a Falco main that I played in the finals. I went ICs and beat him, last stock last hit. Keeping Nana AND myself alive was incredibly hard at that point, and it didn't help that I never practiced CGing Falco before. PGrab >NUpsmash for the win, and everybody cheered for me.

Anywho, my Ganon is restricted to trolling scrubs in approvable settings. I'm really starting to feel the limits of the characters I play, and my local Smashers are getting really good and catching on to my tricks. So even though my Ganon is good, he's starting to feel like H tier now. ._.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
haha, i know how you feel bro. I went all ganon at this event a few weeks back, got a pit and then an MK. Although i went very close both games (and those two then went to get 1st and 2nd, way to go seeding) they had played me enough to know my tricks. not happy

Heartstring

Smash Legend
link matchup?
Well, don't pick ganon
But if you do, trudge forward though spam and z-airs, walk and shield. Tryo to powershield the projectiles but i understand its really hard to do it do the zair. Once you get in on him, stay there untill youve hit him away with something strong. He has no real OOS options (IIRC the only character who doesnt have an OOS faster than him is yoshi, and we all know how that goes. even ike can be faster than link oos) so if he normal shield a thunderstomp then you can feel free to mix it up.
If you're used to street fighter, play it like you're fighting a dhalsim without a teleport

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Yoshis OOS game consists of roll, spot dodge, grab, and getting hit.
That's all he can physically do.

Maybe platform drop, don't remember.

I'll stomp the balls off his shield, that's good to know.

:phone:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I know, In the ike vs. yoshi crew battle at apex, If i ever saw them shield i was like 'lol I'm gonna break it'
But they never did, guess he knew not to shield XD

And repeated stomping probably isnt the best idea because its not fast enough. But if you stomp on the shield once then feel free to grab him out of it or somthing

Xubble

Smash Ace
I guess. Punishing Yoshi with the slowest character in the game is like hitting a running ostrich with a baseball from 50 yards away.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
ive suddenly realised that i actually have no idea who half these characters are
I was clearly born too late to witness most of these titles :B

Xubble

Smash Ace
Nite: Gaston from The Beauty and the Beast
Gheb: Sir Hiss from Robin Hood
Verm: Orville from The Rescuers (I think, I haven't seen it in forever)

Top Bottom