• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf's Tournament Results Thread.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
This may seem a lot like the "Ganon Tier List", but this thread is solely based on tournament rankings only.

Here's out it'll work.

Post results of tournament(s) you've been to, I'll then evaluate the results like so:

Rank 1: 40 Points x the number of entrants.
Rank 2: 32 Points x the number of entrants.
Rank 3: 27 Points x the number of entrants.
Rank 4: 21 Points x the number of entrants.
Rank 5: 15 Points x the number of entrants.
Rank 6: 10 Points x the number of entrants.
Rank 7: 05 Points x the number of entrants.
Rank 8: 03 Points x the number of entrants.
Rank 9 and below: 00 Points x the number of entrants.

Entrants are the amount of people there were in brackets.

The following will only regard those who placed Rank 8 or up.

If you ranked 8 or up, you will be given a bonus of 5000 points. An additional 500 Points are granted for going only Ganon in brackets, and another additional 500 points are granted for going all Ganon in pools.

You will be deducted points if you used another character, even if it was only once. Here is how the deduction works, but once again, this only regards those who ranked 8 or up. You will lose points according to the tier of the (secondary, or more) character(s) you used. For example, if the secondary character you used was Snake, he will be considered in tier 1 of 7. That tier will be multiplied by another 7 (this 7 is constant). Then, the resulting number will be divided by the 'tournament points' you've earned in the tournament (if the result turns out to be in decimals, it will be rounded to the nearest tenth). That number will then be subtracted by your 'tournament points'. You will then be given a bonus of 5000 points. All of this is for brackets only.

EX: You ranked 1st of 32 in a tournament, and you used both Snake and Ganon, this gives you a total of 1280 points. Since Snake is in tier 1, 1 will then be multiplied by 7, resulting in a 7. 1280 (tournament points) will be divided by 7, which gives us 183 (rounded). 183 will be multiplied by the number of entrants, in this case 32, and this gives us 5856. 5856 will then be subtracted from 1280 (tournaments points), which will give us -4576. I will then add 5000 points to keep numbers above negative (bonus points). The final result is 424.

When posting results, provide proof of the results with links to the tournament page. Also, if you used a secondary (or) third character(s), say so. If you went Ganon all the way (as well as in pools) say so as well.

Colors & Symbols

Dark = The dark costume of Ganondorf.
Blue = The blue costume of Ganondorf.
Regular = The regular costume Ganondorf.
White = The white costume of Ganondorf.
Red = The red costume of Ganondorf.
Green = The green costume of Ganondorf.
# Of Stars = # Of tournaments only Ganondorf was used (this does not include pools).

Tournament Results

The King of Evil
DLA** (27248 Points, 5 Tournaments) Placed: 5th of 29, 7th of 32, 5th of 16, 5th of 19, and 7th of 27.

The Lord of Evil
RayKalm** (12320 Points, 2 Tournaments) Placed: 7th of 32 and 7th of 32.

The Devil
Red8 (10239 Points, 2 Tournaments) Placed: 3rd of 21 and 4th of 23.

Total Points
87294 Points

Total # Of Tournaments
09 Tournaments

Total Points ÷ Total # Of Tournaments
9699 Points

Total # Of Points ÷ Total # Of Players
29098 Points

Total # Of Tournaments ÷ Total # Of Players
3 Tournaments

TP

Smash Master
I like the idea, but it needs some refinement. First of all, you get negative points for placing 5th-8th with a secondary. More importantly, the number of entrants is important. Placing 3 out of 16 is not as impressive as placing 7th out of 90. There should be some simple formula, or benchmarks, that scale up points based on entrants.

:034:

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I like the idea, but it needs some refinement. First of all, you get negative points for placing 5th-8th with a secondary. More importantly, the number of entrants is important. Placing 3 out of 16 is not as impressive as placing 7th out of 90. There should be some simple formula, or benchmarks, that scale up points based on entrants.

Yeah, I completely forgot about how much of a role the number of entrants play.

I'll edit the OP.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
/Double post.

And, negatives points can still work out. It'll still show how good the person did, but only in negative numbers.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero

Something like:
1'st place out of 16 /// 30 x 16 = 480 points
4'th place out of 16 /// 10 x 16 = 160 points

1'st place out of 67 /// 30 x 67 = 2010 points
4'th place out of 67 /// 10 x 67 = 670 points

Huh..?

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Something like:
1'st place out of 16 /// 30 x 16 = 480 points
4'th place out of 16 /// 10 x 16 = 160 points

1'st place out of 67 /// 30 x 67 = 2010 points
4'th place out of 67 /// 10 x 67 = 670 points

Huh..?
Yes, that's actually great.

Also, entrants shouldn't include those who were eliminated in pools.

And, we should also grant an additional 5 points for going all Ganon in pools.

Sound good?

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
(TP)-(Secondary Penalty)(TP)(Entrants)
------------------------
7(Tier)

(TP)=Tournament Points= (Rank)(Entrants)+(Ganon Brackets)+(Ganon Pools)
(Secondary Penalty)= 1 or 0. 1 if you used a secondary, 0 if you didn't. Basically, if you didn't, the second part is erased. If you didn't, the one doesn't affect anything. This just tells you whether or not you used a secondary and whether you need to be penalized.
(Ganon Brackets)= 1000 if you went all Ganon in brackets, 0 if you didn't.
(Ganon Pools)= 100 if you went all Ganon in pools, 0 if you didn't.
(Ranks)= See chart.
(Entrants)= # of people who participated (entered) in the tournament.

The seven is just a constant, right? If you used someone in tier one, you'd have 7x1, right? Or would it be 1x1? Basically, is it the tier times the tier, or the tier times 7?

Basically, am I understanding the OP right?

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Actually, you've gotten it completely wrong.

S Tier = Tier 1
A Tier = Tier 2
B Tier = Tier 3
C Tier = Tier 4
D Tier = Tier 5
E Tier = Tier 6
F Tier = Tier 7

Let's say the secondary character was from D Tier. I'd time 5 by 7 (35). Basically, whatever tier the 'other' character is, I will multiply that tier number by 7 after completely everything else necessary.

TP

Smash Master
Should we have a cutoff date? We could have only stuff from 2010 onward count, to give people a fresh start. Or we could have any other starting point.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Do doubles count towards points or not? If so, does it use the same point system?
No.

Should we have a cutoff date? We could have only stuff from 2010 onward count, to give people a fresh start. Or we could have any other starting point.

2010 has just started, so a cutoff date wouldn't be a good idea.

Do we have to crunch the numbers ourselves or can we just put up a tourney placing and have the Math whizzes do it?

well, the best tourney performance I had was a few weeks ago, 7th out of 40.

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=8062
copypasta from other thread
Be a bit more specific when posting results.

When posting results, provide proof of the results with links to the tournament page. Also, if you used secondary (or even a third) character(s), say so. If you went Ganon all the way (as well as in pools) say so as well.

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
The tournaments that I attend are school run so they don't have websites. If you don't believe me for whatever reason, I can see if I can scrounge up a flyer or something that we would post around the school and maybe photocopy it, but that's about all I could get. I was the TO for the singles tourney the last two times, so if you don't believe the first two then at least take my word about the two that I ran.

There wasn't enough players for pools so we just went straight into brackets, and I went Ganon and sheik, mostly Ganon though. To be more specific, I only used Sheik against matches that I had a stupid hard time with, like Falco and sheik. I'd say Ganon 90% of the time.

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
Why are there two different number of entrants for each tournament?
Because we let anyone enter that wants to and make the brackets around that through byes and whatnot. It's school oriented so there isn't really any denying someone a chance to play. There was four separate tournaments with four different numbers of entrants.

Also, does anyone else remember DLAs like, page long post with his tourney results? That thing was sick o.O

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Did you post those results in the characters ranking thread?

Edit: Thexsunrosered (10239 Points)

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
This may seem a lot like the "Ganon Tier List", but this thread is solely based on tournament rankings only.

Here's out it'll work.

Post results of tournament(s) you've been to, I'll then evaluate the results like so:

Rank 1: 40 Points x the number of entrants.
Rank 2: 32 Points x the number of entrants.
Rank 3: 27 Points x the number of entrants.
Rank 4: 21 Points x the number of entrants.
Rank 5: 15 Points x the number of entrants.
Rank 6: 10 Points x the number of entrants.
Rank 7: 05 Points x the number of entrants.
Rank 8: 03 Points x the number of entrants.
Rank 9 and below: 00 Points x the number of entrants.

Entrants are the amount of people there were in brackets.

The following will only regard those who placed Rank 8 or up.

If you ranked 8 or up, you will be given a bonus of 5000 points. An additional 500 Points are granted for going only Ganon in brackets, and another additional 500 points are granted for going all Ganon in pools.

You will be deducted points if you used another character, even if it was only once. Here is how the deduction works, but once again, this only regards those who ranked 8 or up. You will lose points according to the tier of the (secondary, or more) character(s) you used. For example, if the secondary character you used was Snake, he will be considered in tier 1 of 7. That tier will be multiplied by another 7 (this 7 is constant). Then, the resulting number will be divided by the 'tournament points' you've earned in the tournament (if the result turns out to be in decimals, it will be rounded to the nearest tenth). That number will then be subtracted by your 'tournament points'. You will then be given a bonus of 5000 points. All of this is for brackets only.

EX: You ranked 1st of 32 in a tournament, and you used both Snake and Ganon, this gives you a total of 1280 points. Since Snake is in tier 1, 1 will then be multiplied by 7, resulting in a 7. 1280 (tournament points) will be divided by 7, which gives us 183 (rounded). 183 will be multiplied by the number of entrants, in this case 32, and this gives us 5856. 5856 will then be subtracted from 1280 (tournaments points), which will give us -4576. I will then add 5000 points to keep numbers above negative (bonus points). The final result is 424.

When posting results, provide proof of the results with links to the tournament page. Also, if you used a secondary (or) third character(s), say so. If you went Ganon all the way (as well as in pools) say so as well.

Colors & Symbols

Dark
Blue
Regular
White
Red
Green
# Of Stars = # Of tournaments only Ganon was used.

Tournament Results

The King of Evil

The Lord of Evil
Red8 (10239 Points, 2 Tournaments) Placed: 3rd of 21 and 4th 23.

Total Points
22559 Points

Total # Of Tournaments
04 Tournaments

Total Points ÷ Total # Of Tournaments
5640 Points
I've updated the OP with a bunch of other stuff.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Play N Trade I
5th out of 29
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=3668
Secondary: DK

September Most Powerful Shinobi
7th out of 31
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=8371829

Team IOWA's Monthly Smashfests - October '09
5th out of 16
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=6595

Kirk's Smashtasm IV
5th out of 19
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=7683
Secondary: None, all Ganondorf

December Most Angriest Shinobi
7th out of 27
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=8189
Secondary: None, all Ganondorf

I'm pretty sure that's all of my top 8 results. Tell me if you need any more information.

Edit: Just so you know, it's impossible to get 6th or 8th place. You always tie for either 5th, 7th, or 9th.

TP

Smash Master
At my debut tournament, I got 4th of 47 with ROB as a secondary (no pools). I can provide a link if you want, but the thread covered the whole series of tournaments, so there is no solid OP with info. I've been to other tournaments but I can't remember them well enough, and they wouldn't be worth much anyway (stuff like 7th out of 20 or so) so I'm not gonna bother searching for them.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Actually, it's possible to rank 6th or 8th place, it just requires more entrants.

Who did you use in pools for December Most Angriest Shinobi and Kirk's Smashtasm IV?

Edit:

The King of Evil
DLA** (26248 Points, 5 Tournaments) Placed: 5th of 29, 7th of 32, 5th of 16, 5th of 19, and 7th of 27.

The Lord of Evil

The Devil of Evil
Red8 (10239 Points, 2 Tournaments) Placed: 3rd of 21 and 4th of 23.
I didn't DLA those additional pool points yet because he was not clear enough.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Oh, I always go 100% Ganon in pools, unless someone specifically requests another character (they usually don't). So yeah, I went Ganon in all 5 of the pools, except Kirk's Smashtasm, which had no pools.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Any specific reason? A doubles tournament is still a tournament.
Because... it's... a doubles tournament.

It's not the same game.

You aren't using Ganon. You're playing {Ganon, somebody else}. And you aren't taking on Meta Knight. You're playing {Meta Knight, Meta Knight}.

If the possible team combinations didn't explode quadratically, I'd wish there could be more writing done on it, as doubles *is* a brilliant format in Brawl. But that's how it is.

*~*~*~

I'd like to see some analysis of the numbers in the OP. I have the intuition the system isn't sound, in execution. The parameters of 40, 32, 27, etc. for each rank; I'm not sure if they respect the difference we would want to impute to 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc. place.

I'm glad ranks 1 and 2 dwarf all those of 4th or lower, but... I dunno, I think there might be a nonsense in there. Try out some hypothetical combinations of placings, see if something strange comes up.

Or you could just say how you picked the parameters. It was you, right Ray, after Z1GMA's model?

(Z1GMA yet again. Truly the most resourceful Ganon.)

Breezy

Smash Ace
Because... it's... a doubles tournament.

It's not the same game.

You aren't using Ganon. You're playing {Ganon, somebody else}. And you aren't taking on Meta Knight. You're playing {Meta Knight, Meta Knight}.

If the possible team combinations didn't explode quadratically, I'd wish there could be more writing done on it, as doubles *is* a brilliant format in Brawl. But that's how it is.
That doesn't stop a tournament from being a tournament. And if I'm using Ganon in that tournament, then it's still a tournament result for Ganon.

At least change the title to Ganondorf's Singles Tournament Results Thread if you're not including doubles.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Good **** Red, show dem britches who's boss

edit: is that 2nd out of 18 or 2nd out of 25? Also, how much money did you win?

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
Good **** Red, show dem britches who's boss

edit: is that 2nd out of 18 or 2nd out of 25? Also, how much money did you win?
it was second out of 18 I believe, tio just put that last person under all the byes lmaoo

and I won like twenty bucks. I charged 3 for singles, 3 for dubs, or 5 for both. Then it was split 60 40 between the two. The only thing was that you didn't HAVE to pay to enter, but if you wanted to win money, you had to pay, so not all 18 paid money.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
To you guys who asked in the General thread - Here it is.

Might as well add my results.

I placed 3'rd out of 16 player in a Offline Tourney going all Ganon.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Yeah, but this thread is run by Kalm, who is inactive. I'd say we need a new one.

Top Bottom