• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf's Race

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
This has always bugged me. Exactly what race is Ganny supposed to be? I always thought he was black, but the fact he has red hair makes me think otherwise. Can someone please clear things up for me?

Finns7

Smash Ace
Black people can have red hair they can have blonde hair. Anyway Ganondorf is Guerado (check spelling) his skin color is green. I DO think that Ganon would be black in this world mainly because of his speacial edition boots that were worn by Shaft himself.

E.M.

Smash Apprentice
Funny thread because I've never seen a nintendo game that had what appeared or acted like an African-American person. Donky Kong had Funky I believe? He appeared to be stereotypically "black". Kinda ****ed up considering he was a gorilla. :laugh:

Nintendo's racist. >_>
<_<

MetaRidleyX

Smash Apprentice
He's a Gerudo. People of the desert. Only 1 male is born into their race once every hundred years, everyone else is female.

E.M.

Smash Apprentice
I'm not into the Zeldo (<< on purpose) games but Ganon strike me as a really mean gypsy. :chuckle:

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Funny thread because I've never seen a nintendo game that had what appeared or acted like an African-American person. Donky Kong had Funky I believe? He appeared to be stereotypically "black". Kinda ****ed up considering he was a gorilla. :laugh:

Nintendo's racist. >_>
<_<
Wait. Wait wait wait.

Exactly how does one "act" like an African American? We all act differently, you know. Beware stereotypes.

Bandana + posted up + "YEEEAAAH BOYEEEE" a black person does not make.

That is all.

Jekyll

Smash Ace

That is all.
Those are the ingredients for Flavor Flav, correct?

Ganon is a Gerudo, who I see as the equivalent of Middle Eastern/African people in the Zelda universe. I'm just gonna say he's black, because:

1. He controls the darkness.
2. You can see from his down taunt that he knows how to "flash the steel".
3. He's AT LEAST as black as Tiger Woods. And we traded Condeleeza Rice for full claiming rights of Tiger 4 years ago.
4. He never smiles in pictures

E.M.

Smash Apprentice
Wait. Wait wait wait.

Exactly how does one "act" like an African American? We all act differently, you know. Beware stereotypes.

That is all.
Sure, one cannot "act" like a race but in video games stereotypes exist. But nintendo games have had many different races represented with stereotypes for better or worse but has had nothing for Africans. More specifically, the African-American and its hip-hop culture, who is by far the most prominent black demographic in the western gaming market.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Ganon is a Gerudo, who I see as the equivalent of Middle Eastern/African people in the Zelda universe. I'm just gonna say he's black, because:

1. He controls the darkness.
2. You can see from his down taunt that he knows how to "flash the steel".
3. He's AT LEAST as black as Tiger Woods. And we traded Condeleeza Rice for full claiming rights of Tiger 4 years ago.
*sigh* More stereotypes. Well, if you wanna think like that, fine. I can't stop you, apparently.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
*sigh* More stereotypes. Well, if you wanna think like that, fine. I can't stop you, apparently.
You can't erase stereotypes by denying or ignoring them. And getting upset or offended by them even when they've been acknowledged as nothing more than stereotypes only empowers them as offensive remarks. Learn to laugh a little.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Hey! Stop right there sir.

I can see him smiling right under those shades.

And why would we close this thread? It's obviously the most important thread on the Ganon boards.
Seriously, I'm on a break for a while because of soul cal IV, and I stop in to see the Ganon boards and I get this mess of ridiculous threads. I would do something about it but...frankly I'm lazy as f*ck.

E.M.

Smash Apprentice
Look at what wikia says about this "Devdan" guy...

"Devdan is introduced when he is forced into work as a guard..."

So he's a slave? WTF is this ****? :laugh:

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
good lord...does anyone besides me think this thread is useless? or does ganon have no hope in brawl?
Lol...you've looked at the other threads, right? This one is actually just as bad as the topics concerning already known stuff, useless stuff, not great videos, and no intelligent discussion in the serious threads whatsoever. I realize I'm kind of (well...I am) *****ing without doing anything, but I can't help it. People like Sliq and Jekyll are advancing Ganon in tournies, where stuff is usually figured out, but the boards could use an upgrade.

Griffard

Smash Ace
Lol...you've looked at the other threads, right? This one is actually just as bad as the topics concerning already known stuff, useless stuff, not great videos, and no intelligent discussion in the serious threads whatsoever. I realize I'm kind of (well...I am) *****ing without doing anything, but I can't help it. People like Sliq and Jekyll are advancing Ganon in tournies, where stuff is usually figured out, but the boards could use an upgrade.
I'm making helpful threads that the other boards already have! (Stage picks, counterpick chars) plus Sliq quit :sad:
contribute to my threads, play in tourneys, and we can get Ganon back on track!

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
I'm making helpful threads that the other boards already have! (Stage picks, counterpick chars) plus Sliq quit :sad:
contribute to my threads, play in tourneys, and we can get Ganon back on track!
Lol sorry, you have a couple of helpful and useful threads, contributing and doing a pretty good job. I'm just saying that the bad outweighs the good. It's not for your lack of trying or knowledge, it's just the way it is right now.

Sliq quit? Well that sucks, he helped out a lot. But it doesn't mean that we have lost our way :p. Lol I really have to get off of the SC4 kick if I'm going to help...but I need one last fix. TO HELL WITH ALL OF YOU, DON'T JUDGE ME! Think you're all so much better...I'M WEAK! anywho...

SilentFalcon

Smash Apprentice
-WARNING-
Stereotypes ahead...

It doesn't matter what race he is, it's his religion guys...
He's obviously Jewish, he wears shiny things...

And besides, look at his nose...

P.S.
(I'm Jewish so I can say this)

mario brawler

Smash Journeyman
Playing Brawl until I have a seizure,nah im kiddin
wow...thank you for replying...with reason,I could've sworn I was gonna be a flame victim or something,well this is actually one of the worst topics I've seen and it suprised me all the more when it was on the ganon boards im not saying you have to make a bunch of usefull topics(just don't make useless ones) but if some one who's thinking about maining ganon comes here I dont think he'll take ganon very seriously...seriously wtf!his RACE!?!?but w/e I guess you guy's are just bored or the OP is just to lazy to google stuff:psycho:

Sgt. Baker

Smash Ace
wow...thank you for replying...with reason,I could've sworn I was gonna be a flame victim or something,well this is actually one of the worst topics I've seen and it suprised me all the more when it was on the ganon boards im not saying you have to make a bunch of usefull topics(just don't make useless ones) but if some one who's thinking about maining ganon comes here I dont think he'll take ganon very seriously...seriously wtf!his RACE!?!?but w/e I guess you guy's are just bored or the OP is just to lazy to google stuff:psycho:
I just think of this thread as like a little bit of relaxation from all the seriousness lol. It's all in good fun, it's all good.

@ V: That pic made me laugh good :laugh:

mario brawler

Smash Journeyman
Playing Brawl until I have a seizure,nah im kiddin
okay,it's just that I came here trying to improve my ganon a bit you know and I was suprised I found nothing here that could help...and then I found this thread
I just really wanna play my ganon better(not that I play a bad ganon -.-) ganon is practicly untouched and he needs more rep.

Drab Emordnilap

Palindrome Bard
BRoomer
-WARNING-
Stereotypes ahead...

It doesn't matter what race he is, it's his religion guys...
He's obviously Jewish, he wears shiny things...

And besides, look at his nose...

P.S.
(I'm Jewish so I can say this)
Being a member of a group does NOT give you license to stereotype other members of that same group.

Don't make me thunderstorm this thread.

Top Bottom