• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Unlike C. Falcon's though, Ganondorf's always had that electrical effect to it. Wii Fit Trainer's version of that move probably won't be the same in that sense.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Stole Ganon's D-Air?
That's C. Falcon's D-Air in the first place. :laugh:
No ****?
If she has been given ("stolen") the Dair of either Falcon or Ganon, I find it very unlikely that she's been given Falcons Dair, since it is his move from the beginning, just like you said.
And since Ganon is much less likely to keep his Dair than Falcon is, he's the one who gave his Dair to the newcomer. :facepalm:

D

Deleted member

....you really think that she "took" a move?

I was merely poking fun earlier, now I'm seriously questioning your thought process.

-Miss Fit's attack is too fast to be "Ganondorf's" attack. And likely much weaker, unless you seriously expect her stomp to be just as powerful and have electric properties...

-Plenty of unrelated characters have similar attacks when it comes to the typical "filler" normal attacks. The stomp that C. Falcon and Ganondorf do? DK did it first in Smash 64 (then it was changed to a one-leg stomp in Melee). And Charizard does the stomp as well in Brawl. Miss Fit having a fitness pose-inspired stomp doesn't mean Ganondorf had his stomp "taken" by any stretch of logic.

gantrain05

Smash Master
can't blame people for hoping lol. i for one would be 100 percent all for a completely new moveset for g'dorf. as much as people are "used" to his old one, it doesn't fit him and idc if it pisses everyone off, it needs to change. he's a much bigger character than captain falcon in terms of popularity, sales, whatever, he's THE villain for one of nintendos biggest franchises, and yet....he's a clone of a character who came from a racing game who had no moves of his own to begin with...its embarassing that he's still a clone.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
....you really think that she "took" a move?

I was merely poking fun earlier, now I'm seriously questioning your thought process.

-Miss Fit's attack is too fast to be "Ganondorf's" attack. And likely much weaker, unless you seriously expect her stomp to be just as powerful and have electric properties...

-Plenty of unrelated characters have similar attacks when it comes to the typical "filler" normal attacks. The stomp that C. Falcon and Ganondorf do? DK did it first in Smash 64 (then it was changed to a one-leg stomp in Melee). And Charizard does the stomp as well in Brawl. Miss Fit having a fitness pose-inspired stomp doesn't mean Ganondorf had his stomp "taken" by any stretch of logic.
No worries, bro.

While we're at it...
I'd love to have ganon "reinvented" for ssb4.
Therefor my wishful thinking is telling me that Ganon has been given new moves, thus WFT getting the move (at least a very similar animation).
Though, WTF can of course have the "same" move even if Ganon doesn't abandon it.
But my desire for a new Ganon Moveset like to think it's a hint.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
*sigh*

I only just now checked out the Smash Bros community on the Wii U.

One of the first posts I see is about how Ganondorf sucks (as a fighter in Brawl), therefore they should remove him from the new Smash.

:facepalm:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
The anti-Mewtwo movement all over again.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
It's like people don't understand the difference between a character's properties in the game and the character itself.

I totally agree that they should cut the Brawl Ganondorf move set. Like people don't know you can change the move set without removing the character :facepalm:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
It's likely that he'll keep the Flame Choke.
And I'm hoping for garantueed follow-ups similar to Brawl.
Garantueed Sword Follow-ups would be neat.

gantrain05

Smash Master
yeah i wouldn't mind keeping flame choke. If they do totally revamp his moveset to either a sword or a magic or possibly a combo of both, i think what i would miss most is his just strait up intimidating power. in brawl everyone knew g'dorf sucked, but that didn't change the fact that they wouldn't be the most cautious they could be while approaching for fear of a quick death lol.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
Black Shadow needs to hijack his current moveset. It would be much more appropriate that way, but I get the feeling that Ganondorf mainers would cry foul if that happened... is it so bad that this die-hard Zelda fan wants to see him using tons of flashy dark-magic attacks? I imagine him having powerful short-range dark-magic projectiles and broad sword-strikes like Ike, while still maintaining the manliness to use 60% magic-charged-physical attacks.

grizby2

Smash Lord
tried my best attempt at portraying a warthog-ish ganon

I should'a made him taller :ohwell:

with all the people crying "clone" they MUST have sakurai's attention by now. im like 70% sure his move set is going to change drastically.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
And a little bulkier.

Other than that, cool pic.

About Ganon and projectiles.
Most ppl want him to throw some kind of Magic Ball Projectile.

Though, I'd be happy to see him summon a minion:

Neutral B: Blue Bubble

Ganon summons a Blue Bubble which then travels forward.
When close to an enemy, it will charge at them, then continue on its path forward.
When it reaches the end of the visible (zoomed out) stage, it will change its direction and go the opposite way, doing the same thing in the other direction.
It does not "return" to Ganon.

Damage: 9%
Knockback: Low
HP: Similar to Waddle Dees.
Speed: Samus' missiles.
Aggro Range: Zamus' uncharged Para Gun.
Other: Only one Blue Bubble can excist at any time.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
tried my best attempt at portraying a warthog-ish ganon

with all the people crying "clone" they MUST have sakurai's attention by now. im like 70% sure his move set is going to change drastically.

Oh, that's a heck of a lot cooler looking than the actual Warthog Ganon designs. Awesome.

Waterwraith

Smash Cadet
They seriously need to give Ganon some buffs like they did with Bowser. I loved playing as him in Melee, but Brawl just didn't do it for me.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
With Bowser's changes, I feel that Ganondorf getting a trident is now within the realm of possibility.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
With Bowser's changes, I feel that Ganondorf getting a trident is now within the realm of possibility.
I certainly would not rule that out. I'd like him to get either the Trident, his magic from Ocarina or his Swords from Wind Waker.

Probably pipe dreams though. :/ [the 2 other possibilities I mentioned]

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
The significant changes to Bowser's standard attacks and to Pit's specials gives me a lot of hope that Ganondorf will get at least a new special or two.

Plason

Smash Rookie
If they are to bring back Ganondorf, they should tweak him to be more like the Smash Bros. Melee Ganondorf... I miss his speed... implementing a sword would be interesting too, make him more unique.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Whether he has a sword like plenty of the other Smash cast, a trident like Aquaman, more magic, or whatever else, I too would definitely like it if SSB4 'dorf had some of the best things about his Melee self (better speed and such) and some of the best things about his Brawl self (flame choke, etc) into his moveset.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Let's talk neutral A - Ganon's Jab Game.

What type of Jab do you want him to have?
Single Hit? Double Hit? Triple Hit? Continuous?

Personally, I want him to keep his Single Hit Palm, even if he has a sword/trident.
He'd use his free hand, and it would come out at frame 4, unlike in Brawl where it comes out at frame 8. (Frame 3 in Melee)

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Let's talk neutral A - Ganon's Jab Game.

What type of Jab do you want him to have?
Single Hit? Double Hit? Triple Hit? Continuous?

Personally, I want him to keep his Single Hit Palm, even if he has a sword/trident.
He'd use his free hand, and it would come out at frame 4, unlike in Brawl where it comes out at frame 8. (Frame 3 in Melee)

I do love his current one. Feels great, plays well, even sounds satisfying when you hit someone.

If he's given weapons and the palm makes less sense, they can always do a quick hilt-smack.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Ye a hilt-smack, quick shoulder/elbow would make sense.

I don't want him to use the sword for everything, like Marth.
Not even as much as Link, to be honest.
But that's just me.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Ye a hilt-smack, quick shoulder/elbow would make sense.

I don't want him to use the sword for everything, like Marth.
Not even as much as Link, to be honest.
But that's just me.

I think my current position is that it'd be cool if he materialized it for certain smash attacks but otherwise didn't use it. I love his jab, I love his spartan kick, I love his forward air... but I could sacrifice his up Smash and side Smash for something new.

... or give him a trident. I hope they give him one again for one of his humanoid appearances soon. We've seen enough completely badass swords, I think it's time to give a brutal spear-like weapon.

Maybe a terrifying man-catcher, heh.

gantrain05

Smash Master
i just don't like the physical punching and kicking in general since thats not exactly how ganondorf fights in his games, i mean its like making DK use magic just because they can...i dunno just doesn't feel right throwin haymakers and kicking peoples teeth in....i will say it feels very....satisfying..but i would still prefer an entire new moveset.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Ganondorf does make use of the Sparta-kick and a little bit of elbowing in the Twilight Princess. But that's while using a sword.

Deck Knight

Smash Rookie
As a Ganondorf main, personally I'd like to see most of Ganondorf's Brawl characteristics retained, with the following move / mechanic changes:

1. Longer Grab Range. Seriously, Ganondorf is 8 feet tall, and completely upright. His grab range should be among the best in the game just because of the length of his arms. Ganondorf's grabs are the best ways to keep people close so you can punish them with his much stronger regular attacks. I might prefer the Melee Down-throw because it was so very chain-able, but Gdorf's throws would work much better for him if he could actually *execute* them mechanically.

2. Warlock Punch -> Wizard Sphere. As cool as it always was to smash something with Warlock Punch, it's a terrible move overall and Ganondorf's Smashes and even tilt moves are more practical. How this would work is you'd press B to release it, and then your foe could only knock it back with a reflector or power shield. If you press Neutral B again just before it hits Ganondorf, Ganondorf sends it back, only now it's much faster and more powerful. Final twist: If you press B while its in mid-air and moving away from Ganondorf, it explodes like Zelda's Din's Fire. Limitation would be only one wizard sphere out at a time.

3. Bring back second jump recovery on Wizard's Foot. This would greatly improve Ganondorf's horizontal recovery game, and potentially make WF a nasty spike.

4. More powerful, single hit N-Air. The two kicks are terrible to manage with Ganondorf's weight. Just give him a single, powerful kick extention that can cancel out weaker multi-hit air attacks instead of this nigh-unworkable move.

5. Fix Ganoncide. Ganoncide should hold the foe beneath Ganondorf near full arm's length so they are KO'd first on the fall from an over-the pit Flame Choke.

Otherwise I absolutely loved Brawl's rendering of Ganondorf, especially the flame choke and the emphasis on power, with minor magical effects like the vacuum on the u-tilt. I feel with something more iconic for his B-move and some minor attack changes, Ganondorf can be a legitimate threat in his own right, and not be forced to hulk around the field chasing the opponent he just sent halfway across the arena with a single jab.

In general I like Ganondorf as a physical brawler because in the vast majority of Zelda games you're fighting Ganon, not Ganondorf. I always liked how Melee and Brawl emphasized him as a physical presence compared to the more magical triforce-suped up Ganon. Smash already had way too many sword users, so despite WW and TP (and arguably SS), I prefer the more brutish close combat Ganondorf.

gantrain05

Smash Master
maybe they should have a ganondorf AND a ganon? i always thought playing evil pig trident weilding ganon would be cool. only problem i have with dorf is the stupid clone of falcon he is. just makes no sense to me.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
I'd prefer a punch over a palm strike. Lightning fists were always cool. If he stays unarmed, maybe it should be a continuous left-right-left-right, but all hits after the first will come out a little slower.

Also, why do I keep seeing people use "physical" to refer specifically to unarmed combat? Swords are physical too, you know.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
FastBlade5035 found this gem on MiiVerse

Ganondorf is totally not the worst character in the game. :rolleyes:

Who's Gannondrof, by the way? :troll:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Nerf an already low tier character? What madness is this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom