• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I have to say, even if there really isn't anything spectacular changed to Ganondorf's moveset, he needs to be in Super Smash Bros, you just can't Super Smash Bros without the three key main Zelda characters, Link, Zelda and Ganondorf, just saying.

So basically I'm also saying if Ganondorf doesn't have too many changes to his moveset, then that's also fine, the way I see it I'm happy just playing as Ganondorf, so him being playable is enough for me.

However with that said, it doesn't hurt to hope his move set is changed up quite a bit.

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
I love Ganondorf but all I want Sakurai to do is make him have a own moveset idk if I want him to use a weapon because when I was playing OoT 3D he didn't use any weapons until he transformed but with Twilight Princess ehh.....idk it was weird seeing him use a weapon so I'd prefer just him using Dark Magic based attacks like he usually did.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
One problem I had using with Ganon was the fact that his Down B is so easily punishable at lower percentages. If they keep it, I hope it sends you backwards instead of upwards (when he uses it on the ground). I remember that, when using him against other people, I would try to KO them once, then suicide them on the other two stocks (this only works if you actually grab em and you have more lives than them), assuming you are playing with three stocks.

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
I play with 5 stocks usually and have the computers difficulty super high making it challenging for me to actuallu hit them as Ganondorf but I did win 2 matches it's good practice!

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
So hey, if Ganon returns for A link Between Worlds, do you think we'd have a chance of seeing him in Smash? If so, in what form? New fourth/fifth Zelda rep, alternate form for Ganondorf, or replacement for Ganondorf? The last one probably isn't likely, since Ganondorf has essentially replaced Ganon as the Big Bad of the Zelda universe (despite technically being the same character) but it's a possibility

TeamFlareZakk

So hey, if Ganon returns for A link Between Worlds, do you think we'd have a chance of seeing him in Smash? If so, in what form? New fourth/fifth Zelda rep, alternate form for Ganondorf, or replacement for Ganondorf? The last one probably isn't likely, since Ganondorf has essentially replaced Ganon as the Big Bad of the Zelda universe (despite technically being the same character) but it's a possibility
Of Ganon will be in A Link Between Two Worlds as the final boss, who else?

Although maybe Ganondorf is in Link to Two Worlds as well, except this time no Agahnim, he just shows up as the Ganondorf we all know and love and turns into Ganon in the final battle.

I expect them to keep Ganon as a Final Smash, he's like what Giga Bowser is with Bowser.

Another villain that could appear is Vaati being brought from being a Toon villain into the actual 3d Zelda world maybe he acts as a second Antagonist with Ganondorf, if so then I'd see Vaati being added as a new character for sure, at least I hope, it's kind of stupid to not include a second Zelda villain, like in Brawl, I would of been happy with possessed Zelda as a color scheme for Zelda if Zant wasn't important enough.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
i don't see Ganondorf being in the game unless through flashbacks. My knowledge of the pre-OOT Zeldas is hardly perfect, but from what I know after A Link to the Past Ganon loses pretty much all aspects of his humanity and becomes no more than a mindless beast. So really, I don't see Ganondorf returning, at least in the "Defeated" timeline.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Question, if Ganondorf could only be harmed with 'holy' weapons as the Master Sword and Light Arrows, why is it that in Ocarina of Time Ganondorf can be killed with the Biggoron Sword, and Ganon's tail can even be damaged with the Megaton Hammer?

Kamiko

Smash Ace
I'd say it's because it's a game, but you can't actually win the battle with the hammer. You still need the Master Sword to finish it. So I guess we can say other things can weaken him, but never actually kill him.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Is that also true in his Ganondorf - form? I think one could 'kill' Ganondorf, but he'd just resurrect himself with the Triforce of Power. It's funny, cause it only works in Ocarina of Time. In Wind Waker, Toon Link couldn't hurt Ganondorf with his Skull Hammer (or well, Ganondorf would always either block it or dodge easily) and in Twilight Princess, Link couldn't hurt Ganondorf at all with his Ordon Sword, nor Ball & Chain. He could be hurt by arrows however when it hit his face or chest wound.

Anyways, was just curious.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
Obviously, The Great Ganondorf knows better than to let a moderately less cool hammer deal any sort of damage to his fine complexion.

But WAIT. He doesn't block arrows in Twilight Princess?!?!?!

Let me go find a lunchroom somewhere. I need to flip a few tables.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He usually does block them, like, 80~90% of the time. You only have a chance when you've just hit him with something, or he let his guard down otherwise. And as said, only in the head and chest wound I think. Or well, L-targetting simply shoots the right spot automatically. He only gets slight stun from them though, like a regular sword hit. Was very surprised when I saw this first to. But I replayed the final battle against Ganondorf SO MANY times in Twilight Princess, I just really liked fooling around against him practicing my sword skills (or fight him with Mortal Draw only, or experimenting with the Great Spin at full health).

Kamiko

Smash Ace
Oh, good. Was worried he'd start being less badass in future games. I never actually bothered with arrows cause the whole one-on-one sword duel thing was too awesome.

All that aside, I'm looking forward to his style update this time around. Except the hair. I'll still hate that.

D

Deleted member

He usually does block them, like, 80~90% of the time. You only have a chance when you've just hit him with something, or he let his guard down otherwise. And as said, only in the head and chest wound I think. Or well, L-targetting simply shoots the right spot automatically. He only gets slight stun from them though, like a regular sword hit. Was very surprised when I saw this first to. But I replayed the final battle against Ganondorf SO MANY times in Twilight Princess, I just really liked fooling around against him practicing my sword skills (or fight him with Mortal Draw only, or experimenting with the Great Spin at full health).
Have you ever tried to see what happens if you lose the sword clash or take to long to win it to see if he really does something similar to Brawl's Warlock Punch?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No not really. I always used that oppertunity to just, well, attack. It's ridiculously easy to get a hold of Ganon if he does that. I do know he will sometimes do the Sparta Kick ™ like his Brawl Forward Tilt. Easy to understand that I was enormously dissapointed that this was the only real move taken out of Twilight Princess for Ganondorf's Brawl moveset.

He does use a sort of elbow to sword slash attack, which I always hoped would at least be used for his Forward Smash. A double slashing attack, like Link.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Link / Young Link
Link / Toon Link

I wouldn't mind if we got Human Ganondorf / Boar Ganondorf.

TeamFlareZakk

I wouldn't mind seeing Ganon replace Ganondorf, maybe the monster that is Ganon would be a better way to go, sure he'd be heavy like Bowser, but who cares, he'd have a completely new move set, I really like Ganondorf, but even if Ganon replaced him, I would play as Ganon.

He'd fight with his Trident, a few kicks and puches, but none of them would be cloned.

I'd think his move set would be

B: Energy Orb: he used this as Ganon too, it's a move he used in quite a few Zelda titles and it's a lot better than Ganon punch.
: Trident Throw: he throws his trident, then dashes to retrieve it crushing anybody in the way
Bv: Earthquake Strike: Ganon would jump and cause a Earthquake, another move he used quite a bit as Ganon
B^: The Fiery Keese thing from LTTP: I think this would be a cool recovery move

Final Smash: OoT Ganon, think of it as Giga Ganon, this incarnation of Ganon would be perfect to use for a Final Smash.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
I wouldn't mind seeing Ganon replace Ganondorf, maybe the monster that is Ganon would be a better way to go, sure he'd be heavy like Bowser, but who cares, he'd have a completely new move set, I really like Ganondorf, but even if Ganon replaced him, I would play as Ganon.

He'd fight with his Trident, a few kicks and puches, but none of them would be cloned.

B: Energy Orb: he used this as Ganon too, it's a move he used in quite a few Zelda titles and it's a lot better than Ganon punch.
: Trident Throw: he throws his trident, then dashes to retrieve it crushing anybody in the way
Bv: Earthquake Strike: Ganon would jump and cause a Earthquake, another move he used quite a bit as Ganon

Final Smash: OoT Ganon, think of it as Giga Ganon, this incarnation of Ganon would be perfect to use for a Final Smash.
This is awesome, but I think it would be kind of silly to just have another version of Ganon as his Final Smash. I was thinking he could do some Agahnim lightning spreading out in front of him.

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633

I like the idea but meh I prefer Ganondorf :/ He just seem to fit better with the "Triforce Trio"

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Let Ganondorf use a trident for his primary moveset, but make sure all of his moves are ruthless. Ruthlessness is what makes Ganondorf Ganondorf. Ruthlessness takes over when the Triforce of Power corrupts someone.

Edit: Forget sword, a trident is perfect for Ganondorf. The prongs at the end of a trident are for skewering opponents, very ruthless and cruel, perfect for Ganondorf.

I like the idea but meh I prefer Ganondorf :/ He just seem to fit better with the "Triforce Trio"
I agree. Ganon form seems more fitting as a Final Smash mechanic. Ganondorf would glow like he does in Ocarina of Time and temporarily turn into Ganon swinging his two big swords for about 10-15 seconds (with the player in control of course).

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
I agree. Ganon form seems more fitting as a Final Smash mechanic. Ganondorf would glow like he does in Ocarina of Time and temporarily turn into Ganon swinging his two big swords for about 10-15 seconds (with the player in control of course).
now that's kind of cool :D the only thing about Ganon being playable is he's a giant pig :/ and just seeing him playable would just make me want to facepalm but It's better as a Final Smash for now and also I'm still sure Sakurai can give Ganondorf his own moveset you got like 2 games with him just use some of the moves or attacks he uses in those games.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
now that's kind of cool :D the only thing about Ganon being playable is he's a giant pig :/ and just seeing him playable would just make me want to facepalm but It's better as a Final Smash for now and also I'm still sure Sakurai can give Ganondorf his own moveset you got like 2 games with him just use some of the moves or attacks he uses in those games.
Yes. The main reason Ganon would be a Final Smash is because his form looks like that of a Final Smash. And Final Smashes are characters using their ultimate power.

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
Same here. And not just that. Showing Ganondorf transforming into Ganon demonstrates that the Triforce of Power corrupts people who possess it.
yep, :D I just hope they still keep Ganondorf and give him his own moveset and I'd like OoT Ganondorf TP looked to fancy and was just slow but c,mon I always trusted Sakurai to keep Ganondorf and he did. So I can trust him to give Ganondorf a new moveset so he won't be cut like I said you can't ruin the Triforce Trio!

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
yep, :D I just hope they still keep Ganondorf and give him his own moveset and I'd like OoT Ganondorf TP looked to fancy and was just slow but c,mon I always trusted Sakurai to keep Ganondorf and he did. So I can trust him to give Ganondorf a new moveset so he won't be cut like I said you can't ruin the Triforce Trio!
The way I see Ganondorf working best, to me at least, is this:

Give Ganondorf a Trident as a weapon, like his Ganon Form uses.

Up B: Ganondorf spins his Trident weapon to float higher in the air and can glide like he did in Four Swords Adventures.

Side B: Ganondorf throws his trident and rushes to retrieve it hurting anyone that he hits in the process.

Neutral B: Ganondorf charges his electrical attack from Ocarina of Time, the one he used against his volley ball match against Link. It doesn't do alot of damage, but is made to temporarily paralyze opponents.

Down B: Ganondorf crashes his feet into the ground causing a mini earthquake. Not sure how this will work in the air though...

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
The way I see Ganondorf working best, to me at least, is this:

Give Ganondorf a Trident as a weapon, like his Ganon Form uses.

Up B: Ganondorf spins his Trident weapon to float higher in the air and can glide like he did in Four Swords Adventures.

Side B: Ganondorf throws his trident and rushes to retrieve it hurting anyone that he hits in the process.

Neutral B: Ganondorf charges his electrical attack from Ocarina of Time, the one he used against his volley ball match against Link. It doesn't do alot of damage, but is made to temporarily paralyze opponents.

Down B: Ganondorf crashes his feet into the ground causing a mini earthquake. Not sure how this will work in the air though...
My moveset for him would be

Up B:Like a cape float or something he does in OoT I can't remember really (Wow I really need to play OoT 3D again o_o)

Side B:He can stab his opponent with a trident or Swing his sword smashing it to the ground

Down B:Like when you fight him in OoT and the battle starts and how he smashes the ground with is fist that could work

Neutral B:Ganondorf's volley attack by charging it and storing it when it's fully charged or just release it when it's done charging

Kamiko

Smash Ace
Woah, did I miss some Ganondorf talk yesterday? Any corruption he might've underwent had definately already happened before he even touched the Triforce. His transformation is more of a reflection of his personality.

I think if we're to have the trident, it should only be in Ganon form. To balance its reach for normal play, it would be made slower or weaker than his current moveset. But during a Final Smash, none of that really matters, so it can better show of the raw power both it and he are known to posses.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I think they should give him a move where he spawns a sword...like diddy spawns bananas. The sword would act like an item(beam sword) but with the design of his sword.Plus it gives him a projectile.

Problem solved.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
He should wield his sword all the time, but only use it for about 6 inputs.

Ruthy

Smash Apprentice
I want him to rock his dual swords from WW, theres so much potential for a character with Ganon with all is different incarnations and I think its time to put the clone crap to rest. Oh but he should also keep his Meteor Smash, thats awesome.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
No I dont, I love his moveset the way it is
His move set is terrible and ill-reflective of the Ganondorf character from Zelda.
I don't see anything to like about it. Ruins an otherwise great character.

I don't care how they do it, but they need to make him more reflective of his games instead of being an overly slow hand to hand combat fighting falcon clone.
In his games he only fights with magic and weapons.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I think his Neutral B can be a chargeable Magic Orb, it starts as a Little Ball of energy, but when you charge it completely it becomes a bigger one like in OoT:

And when you release it the energy shots in various directions:

djgeiger0620

Smash Rookie
Unfortunately, I think with the inclusion of Toon Link and the appearance that he won't have any changes to the moveset (maybe a move or two), it makes me think they're either being lazy or rushed. This leads me to believe there will be no de-captainization of Ganandorf. :(

I really hope I'm wrong.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Nice Presea avi.

But yeah, I get the feeling you're right now. Guess we can only hope then that Ganon's at least as good as his Melee self while retaining some things like the flame choke.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Making Toon Link different would mostly be for the sake of differentiating him from adult Link.

If there was no adult Link, you'd still probably give him the boomerang, the bombs, the bow, the spin attack, etc. Those moves are representative of Toon Link as well. It's not as if Toon Link feels wrong having those items and that's why people want them changed, it's just that his specials aren't that different from regular Link.

Now, I will be disappointed if they don't at least, for example, make his tether the Grappling Hook instead of the Hookshot. And really, the Deku Leaf (one of the most used items) or the Skull Hammer would be great (the animation on the Skull Hammer is just great). But the only one that I think is "wrong" for Toon Link not to have is the Grappling Hook because of how much more prominent it is than the Hookshot. The bow at least has significant story importance.

I do hope they make his specials work more differently though... give him the mobile Hurricane Spin on the ground, for example! Or add effects to his arrows.

By contrast, changing Ganondorf would be for the sake of representing the character, which is a very different motivation. Ganondorf as he is in Melee/Brawl just doesn't do the things that Ganondorf does. The changes to Bowser and Pit, I think, are the more useful examples since Bowser shows they're willing to shake things up significantly (to make him better) and Pit shows they're willing to replace acceptable moves to reflect the character better. And both of those reasons to change a character are relevant to Ganondorf.

De-cloning him is related as well, but Falco, Toon Link and Luigi are much more closely related to who they're clones of - so reworking their whole move sets wasn't on the table anyway. Toon Link already does Toon Link things. Luigi does mostly the same things as Mario (and there's still hope for the Poltergust...). Falco they do have some freedom with, but it's not like he or Fox fight hand-to-hand in the first place, so his move set also isn't "wrong".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom