• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Why do they have to be? What law is there that says that? What rule is there that it can't be otherwise?
Because opinions.

I think they're saying that because special moves are always iconic moves and are usually never generic.

I was thinking a sort of Ike-like moveset. As in using swords and magic. Let me finish nest time. :smash:

Gike of the Greiludo mercenaries. :troll:

In case you don't get the references in the joke, feel free to ask.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
How about the trident?

Phantom Ganon in OoT used it in battle and its a staple weapon of Ganondorf (in Ganon form, but still).

The trident is used by Phantom Ganon as a mage weapon, as he uses it to shoot energy balls at Link. In his appearances in A Link to the Past and Four Swords Adventures, Ganon uses the trident as both melee and magic weapon.

Personally, I think the trident would fit him very well, even if it's mostly associated to his Ganon form. But, Ganondorf IS Ganon, so it's not out of place at all.
And it's not like Smash doesn't take liberties in the characters' movesets. Zelda, Ness and Lucas come to mind...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The trident idea has been brought up before, and it is welcomed by the majority. But most don't see it as likely.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
How about we give him a new look based off his appearances from all of his games? The ferocity of WW Ganon's katanas combined with the magical power of OoT Ganon+ final smash of actual Ganon. You know...

Not...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Personally I'd just settle for a Ganondorf with a little more power to justify his slow everything. For his B though, I'd change it from a punch to a really big projectile that does a lot of damage at the cost of it being reflected by any attack, but the more it's reflected the faster it goes. It incorporates the main essence of Ganon fights: TENNIS!

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Personally I'd just settle for a Ganondorf with a little more power to justify his slow everything. For his B though, I'd change it from a punch to a really big projectile that does a lot of damage at the cost of it being reflected by any attack, but the more it's reflected the faster it goes. It incorporates the main essence of Ganon fights: TENNIS!
If only we had a Zelda tennis game...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Why does everyone hate TP Ganon?

It looks better than OoT's that's for sure.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He was shoe-horned into Twilight Princess and was piss easy as a boss fight (but everything was easy in TP though).

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
He was shoe-horned into Twilight Princess and was piss easy as a boss fight (but everything was easy in TP though).
Not Ganondorf in general.

Just Ganon's design.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
HEY. GANONDORKS.

Would you rather have an OoT3D Ganondorf, or a SS styled (Demise reminiscent) Ganondorf?

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Agreed. I think his TP character design looks the most Powerful. Sure, the way he's animated in Brawl is awful, but it's still a fantastic design. Meanwhile, Ocarina of Time Ganondorf looks like a mix of various racial stereotypes.

Edit: SS or OoT3D Ganondorf? Is the OoT3D design really that different from normal OoT? I don't actually think you can really make a Demise reminiscent Ganondorf translate well... I mean, you could throw Demise's barrel chest onto Gdorf, give him literal fire-hair, give him a Demisey skirt... The fact is, though, Ganondorf and Demise are not the same character. Just let them be alternate costumes or separate characters.

D

Deleted member

On the subject of Ganon (not dorf), I never really liked the design of either OoT Ganon or TP Ganon.
I mean, what is OoT Ganon? A lizard pig devil thing from another dimension?
As for TP Ganon, it's pretty much giant wolf Ganondorf with the head of a warthog.

I honestly prefer the designs of the Oracle Ganon and especially the Four Sword Adventures Ganon.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
OoT Ganon looked like a demon with a pig face. He was the most awesome Ganon of all.

OoT Ganondorf was the most awesomeif we talk about magic abilities. But agree with qdMbp that he was many racial sterotypes combined. :rolleyes:

But Wind Waker Ganondorf remains the best ever.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
WW was my favorite presentation of Ganondorf as a character. I loved his speech about the Gerudo people and his insane laughter, it made him seem a lot more than "I got the Triforce of power. Also, I like power."

Honestly, Beast Ganon always looks kind of ridiculous. It's hard to make a big pig look cool.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Pfft. I'm just waiting for Super Smash Party, where all of Nintendo's biggest stars come together to fight... on a board game!

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Nintendo Monopoly? I said board game, not torture device.

You know what I always felt like would be a good team up? Nintendo LEGOs.

... and to bring it back to Gdorf relevance, wouldn't it be slick to see a giant, LEGO beast Ganon fighting LEGO Link? Yep.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Nintendo Monopoly? I said board game, not torture device.

You know what I always felt like would be a good team up? Nintendo LEGOs.

... and to bring it back to Gdorf relevance, wouldn't it be slick to see a giant, LEGO beast Ganon fighting LEGO Link? Yep.
This.

volbound1700

Smash Master
One cool thing to do with Ganondorf is make his charged moves unblockable like the Warlock punch. I mean he sits there and makes himself a target to put energy into the attack and all you have to do is shield block it lol.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
One cool thing to do with Ganondorf is make his charged moves unblockable like the Warlock punch. I mean he sits there and makes himself a target to put energy into the attack and all you have to do is shield block it lol.
Instead of being unblockable, why not have the Warlock Punch just be able to destroy shields with one hit? After all, Counter can only work against blockable attacks.

D

Deleted member

Unused Oracle Ganondorf FTW.
With Oracle Ganon Final Smash. :awesome:

It can reasonably happen now.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Even the Trident can happen now.

**** it, ANYTHING can happen Zelda related now...

volbound1700

Smash Master
Instead of being unblockable, why not have the Warlock Punch just be able to destroy shields with one hit? After all, Counter can only work against blockable attacks.
You mean destroy the shield for the rest of the match? Not sure I agree to that. I just think there are some charged moves that should not be blockable. I guess kind of like Mortal Kombat were the block does help you a little but doesn't totally mitigate damage on some moves.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You mean destroy the shield for the rest of the match? Not sure I agree to that. I just think there are some charged moves that should not be blockable. I guess kind of like Mortal Kombat were the block does help you a little but doesn't totally mitigate damage on some moves.
No. As in the shield would break and stun the opposing character for a bit.
The shield would regenerate over time of course.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I mean, I'm pretty sure I already liked that in the Shulk thread but... it bears reliking.

You drew that? Seriously awesome. You should keep drawing a bunch of awesome things for the forum. Get some out for every character you support and make some sigs. :)

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
I mean, I'm pretty sure I already liked that in the Shulk thread but... it bears reliking.

You drew that? Seriously awesome. You should keep drawing a bunch of awesome things for the forum. Get some out for every character you support and make some sigs. :)
Nooooooooooooooooo. Didn't mean to imply I drew it!!!
Someone drew it for me as a request.

I wish I could draw like that! :p

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Haha, ah, dang. It is still cool, though. I'd want to play Xenoblades if it didn't, like, literally cost $100.

Man. What else is there to talk about with Ganondorf? I guess... in the Ridley thread we're talking about what it would take to make Ridley to team up with Samus...

So, what's a good premise for a Zelda game that would let you PLAY GANONDORF?!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
A playable Ganondorf would be cool, though unlikely as hell. Or maybe they could pull off something like Bowser's Inside Story, who knows.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Heh- well, I still agree with what you said before you edited it. Have the heroes have their arc versus the villains, have the villains group up together to fight some greater villain or something separately from the heroes... I know that the Smash Bros. versions of the characters aren't cannon or even necessarily the same characters, but it definitely helps to have them at least seem motivated in the same way as their cannon counterparts.

In terms of Ganondorf being playable in an actual Zelda game, I wouldn't mind a game that made you play through a story with Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf where they each achieve their fated destiny for that generation.
Ganondorf's story would have him ousting power from another evil lord.
Zelda's story would involve her trying to figure out what is going on with the kingdom and searching for the destined warrior. Could focus more on magical stealth and espionage than the other segments.
Link is found by Zelda and learns how to defeat Ganondorf and the other evil lord.

All essential parts for destiny, you could even play as Ganondorf capturing Zelda! Woo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom