• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
One of the Wind Waker katanas makes like, a thoussand times more sence than Ganondorf casually swinging around Ghirahim's carcass. :rolleyes:

Also, this:

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
@Habanero
Well, Ganondorf's realistic options are choosing between a sword or fists. And there are plenty of characters that fight with fists as well. Mainly folks want to make him more accurately reflect who Ganondorf is, and most people think that means giving him the swordplay that he shows off in his canon appearances.

@GoldenYu
It does look badass. It's a viciously evil looking blade for sure... I don't agree with your comparison of Zelda's spells, though. We don't know what her magical capabilities were, but both Zelda and Link were following the magical discipline of the three goddesses, so it completely follows that her spells would be similarly inspired. Also, we didn't really know what specifics about Zelda's magical spells, but we know fully well what swords Ganondorf has been seen wielding.
And... sorry Diddy, I agree with GY about having just one of WW Ganondorf's swords. Two is really cool, one is kind of wimpy.

D

Deleted member

Only one WW sword makes Ganondorf half the (swords)man he used to be. :troll:

But yeah, if he does use a single sword, it's got to be either large and menacing (like Demise's sword or the Spaceworld Demo sword from Melee) or something on the order of the Sword of Sages/Execution Sword.

And for a bit of trivia, did you guys know that Ganondorf hates the Sword of Sages/Execution Sword? He wielded it in disgust and detested how it was used in an attempt to kill him.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Maybe that's why he looked at it like that in his Brawl taunt. It's a foul blade indeed. So he'd better not use it. :troll:

Seriously.

Katana.

And I'm just saying one so he can have a staple moveset. I don't wannna adjust to JUST ANOTHER different Ganondorf playstyle only for it to change the next game again.

D

Deleted member

Ganondorf with single katana = WTF.
He ain't no samurai like Takamaru, Goroh, or Lyn.

With his katana, it's two or neither.
So instead, either something like this:

which is already been shown off in a Smash and is non-canon to begin with (thus no worry about keeping up with the Zelda series for whatever Ganondorf uses next), something like Demise's sword if not Demise's sword itself, or the Execution Sword (or a longsword similar to it).

OR, go ahead and screw giving him a sword at all and instead make him primarily a magic fighter.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Watch from 01.25. It's the first time you ever see Ganondorf use the katana(s). And he uses only one. Also note how easily he's able to handle Link without using the weapon in the first place.

And here. He also handles Link physically with quite ease. And this time, the Master Sword is in full power. Link stays KNOCKED DA **** OUT for quite a while to. And I believe Link only won cause of the Triforce. If not, Ganondorf would've slapped his ass all over Hyrule till Link's hearts ran out.

Also, guess what other character normally uses a duo version of weapons, but uses only one in his Smash apperance?

AND NOW DARE TRY AND CALL DIDDY A WIMP TO ME! :glare:

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
I think Ganondorf getting an entirely revamped moveset is more likely than you guys suggest.
Mainly because of a few things Sakurai has said.

I seem to remember him saying something along the lines of... rather than just adding more characters he wants to put more focus on going back and reworking old ones.
Although I could be misremembering.

Let's face it G'dorf was one of the least-popular played characters in Brawl with one of the worst movesets, so there wouldn't be too much outrage if his moveset was removed from the game entirely.

@ManBear: You are just a broken record and continue to use a straw man, so I'm only going to address the part that absolutely NEED to be addressed.
It's a shame because I think I made alot of good points and even agreed with you on several things too (something you refuse to do).

A good part of the reconciliation process of an argument is acknowledging when you come to common ground or resolution of an argument.
We clearly have a clash of strong personalities but I have nothing against you. You have an impressively wide knowledge about video games that I see as a valuable addition to this board. Just might be better if you were more diplomatic and able to recognise when you're wrong or find some common ground when you agree.

Edit: I just glanced over my post and I don't see anything that count be misconstrued as being a straw man argument.

Most of my responses were just short direct responses to what you said.
I can see why you refuse to comment though because it's hard to defend yourself when you were using such shameless techniques as putting things I never said in quotation marks.

That rumor is nothing but a rumor, and you are hypocritical to accuse me of using speculation as fact yet do the same thing.
How could I be hypocritical of passing off speculation as a fact when I specifically called mine a hypothesis?

As I have stated repeatedly in the main Roster Discussion thread, Brawl's roster had been "finalized" by July 7, 2005 with the intent to add as much of the conceptual roster as was possible within the allotted time. This was because late additions to the roster would cause issues with a production schedule. This is especially proven with Sonic, the only late addition with early 2007 causing delays.
This is where the "Forbidden 7" with the exception of Dixie come in, as well as Jigglypuff, Toon Link, and Wolf. They were lower priority characters (being after R.O.B. in the data), and would be among the first to be cut if time would not allow everyone. Jigglypuff, Toon Link, and Wolf survived, the rest were axed.
Characters before them were not "rushed" in any way. Ganondorf is a semi-clone by choice, not by issues with time.
So it's a known fact that Ganondorf was planned to be a clone by July 7 2005?
Maybe you're right, but I think you're just speculating again.

If Adult Link (OoT) using a Boomerang and Zelda using Link's spells is acceptable, then there should be no issue with Ganondorf using Demise's sword.
Besides, you can't say this is not badass :troll: :

With the swords from Wind Waker, it's either both or none. Having only one is lame beyond belief.
That would be epic.

You know, it's kind of ironic how people complain about too many swords but are all up for giving Ganondorf a sword.

Just saiyen.
It's probably usually different people with those opposing ideas so not necessarily ironic.

I don't think theres a problem with more swordsman. It's a big part of Nintendo gaming. No reason it shouldn't be represented proportionately to how popular such games are.

D

Deleted member

@Diddy: That is completely irrelevant to the point.

All you've managed to show is that he doesn't need a sword in the first place, which is something I already addressed.

EDIT: @ManBearPig: Of course you don't see where you made straw man arguments. You're too dense to notice that you've been putting arguments in my mouth far more than you accuse me of doing. Even in the very ****ing response just now.
It'd be a waste of my time to point out where, as you would never get it, so I'm pretty much just going to ignore you from now on.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It's irrelevant to the point that he absolutely needs to use the twin swords if they use the Wind Waker design for him.

D

Deleted member

It's irrelevant to the point that he absolutely needs to use the twin swords if they use the Wind Waker design for him.
Except that the argument was in term of how lame using only one of them is, which is subjectivity. Pointing out a moment where he threatens Link with one doesn't change the subjectivity of using a single one being lamer than using two.

All you've shown is that there was one time he didn't use two at once (and for the most part, shown that he doesn't need to use a sword to kick ass). Never said he couldn't use one at once, just that he shouldn't because it's lame and there are other potential characters to use a single katana style available.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
They shouldn't use the Wind Waker design in the first place. It sort of kills his bad*** image.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Except that the argument was in term of how lame using only one of them is, which is subjectivity. Pointing out a moment where he threatens Link with one doesn't change the subjectivity of using a single one being lamer than using two.

All you've shown is that there was one time he didn't use two at once (and for the most part, shown that he doesn't need to use a sword to kick ***). Never said he couldn't use one at once, just that he shouldn't because it's lame and there are other potential characters to use a single katana style available.
I'm about to shoot you in the face.

With only ONE Peanut Popgun. :coolmonke:

And who's to say we'll get that many katana users anyway? Only Takamaru seems likely. Goroh, not so much.

D

Deleted member

And just like ManBearPig, you're putting words in my mouth I never said.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
EDIT: @ManBearPig: Of course you don't see where you made straw man arguments. You're too dense to notice that you've been putting arguments in my mouth far more than you accuse me of doing. Even in the very ****ing response just now.
It'd be a waste of my time to point out where, as you would never get it, so I'm pretty much just going to ignore you from now on.
You've just backed out of an argument by accusing all of my points of being straw man arguments.
I called you out on it. So you looked at my post to find examples. You were unable to find any so you made the excuse that I'd be too stupid to understand it if you pointed them out.
It is interesting to be accused of being too dense to understand logical fallacies when I've excelled in related areas at university and received nothing but praise and high grades from my lecturers.

Like I said in my previous post. You have an admirable amount of knowledge in video games. You just need to stop letting your emotions get the better of you like this. It's okay to agree with me and find common ground. I'm not going to bite.

Also please stop with the personal insults. They don't add anything to the conversation and just show your immaturity.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
And who's to say we'll get that many katana users anyway? Only Takamaru seems likely. Goroh, not so much.
As if one katana user isn't enough... >_>

So basically he would transition from Capt. Ganon to Ganonamaru. :troll:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, besides of one katana being 'lame' I see no reason not to do it. Pre-Brawl I was convinced Diddy would use double Peanut Popguns to. Later, he used only one as his Neutral B in Brawl, and only dual Popguns for the Final Smash. Funny thing that later in DKC:Returns, Diddy used a single Popgun as well outside of Popgun Pound... But that's beside the point.

Point is, I want a Ganondorf who uses weapons, first and magic. And as said before, he could easily use one katana for MOST attacks, yet use a second one for other attacks? Seeing as he literally pulls them out of his sleeves, he could have an awesome moveset involving punches, following up by sword slashes of either one, or two swords. And of coarse, magic for B moves mostly.

I think they can get most creative with that concept. Could just be my opinion though.

Samurai Gorohdorf is much better fit than Captain Falcondorf now that I think about it... Not that I'd wanna see THAT, but still.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Y'know what would've been cooler than Diddy with one popgun? Diddy with two. :p
(Like, actually, I wouldn't have minded if his neutral B had him pull out a gun for both left and right.)

I'm not sure if I've said this, and not sure if it'll just make Diddy angry, but I kind of want to see Toon Ganondorf as a second character. A big, tough, awesome clone of Namco's Lloyd Irving.

What I (currently) kind of want to see is a Ganondorf who is normally a fist user who pulls out a Trident with his Side B, changing his punching moves into trident swings. Side B again would throw the Trident to spear someone and have it evaporate away so he goes back to fists. Yep.

New arbitrary moveset time!

TRIDENT GANONDORF
UP
Ground: He jumps up with a raised fist and slams it back down, stunning foes on the ground. Represents his boss fight from OoT.
Air: Uppercuts upward and shoots down a small energy blast downwards at the end.

SIDE
Something like his current one. I still want him to be able to indicate a direction at the end and throw them in it.

NEUTRAL
Floats into the air and charges up a dark energy orb that grows in damage and size at the expense of speed. Fires off to the side on button release.

DOWN
Unarmed: Materializes a trident. He then raises it to the sky and laughs, impaling foes above him.
Armed with Trident: Throws it like a javelin.
When armed with the trident, his smash attacks involve swinging the trident instead of punching.

D

Deleted member

Seeing as he literally pulls them out of his sleeves, he could have an awesome moveset involving punches, following up by sword slashes of either one, or two swords. And of coarse, magic for B moves mostly.
Ok, now this, I can get behind.
My main issue is that I don't want him to just use a single sword if it was the katana and leave the other out entirely. But if he doesn't even show one in his idle, but pulls either one or both out of his sleeves depending on the attack, then that would be fine.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
So, I just posted a proposal in the general SSB4 discussion board...
Character Aesthetic Proposal: Colors, Alt. Costumes, and Accessories

Essentially- how would y'all feel if you could unlock new sword options? Like, when you unlocked the Demise alternate costume you'd also unlock his sword. By perhaps completing events with Ganondorf or something you could unlock even more weapons, even a single toonish katana if you wanted. :) In the end, you could mix and match costumes, colors, and accessories independently to create the character you want to play.

So what do you think? I would love to unlock different completely badass blades and costumes for my favorite character.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Yes. So he did. And he needs different types of swords. Hit katanas, his heavy sword for smash attacks and meteors, and his Demise sword for specials. There. Just pleased everyone at once.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yes. So he did. And he needs different types of swords. Hit katanas, his heavy sword for smash attacks and meteors, and his Demise sword for specials. There. Just pleased everyone at once.
How would one program this?

And more importantly how would it look. He needs time to put them away and pull them out.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Cobalsh's idea is not as impossible as it sounds. It has been done to a degree in Snake's moveset.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Thing is, though, Snake's moveset is kind of intentionally comical. While it's generally accepted that video game characters have invisible bags that can hold everything they need, I still think it'd look kind of silly for Ganondorf to do that.

(it wouldn't be a beast to program at all, though. Just hide the models when you're not using them and slap them all in Ganondorf's hands. No different than, say, Mario having a cape and a squirt gun)

D

Deleted member

Perhaps he could spawn the swords for use and making them disappear using magic?
I'm getting a Necrid (Soul Calibur 2) vibe from this.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Magic for B moves (really, we only need a new Neutral and Down B honestly). And fist and (twin) sword goodness for regular attacks.

GetBentSaggy

Smash Apprentice
Lots of cringeworthy stuff here.

Better add the trollface... just in case any of you feel like misusing it and cringing any time soon.

:troll:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Lots of cringeworthy stuff here.

Better add the trollface... just in case any of you feel like misusing it and cringing any time soon.

You still remember that?

Geez....

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Noooope.
His specials are saved for magic attacks. :glare:
Why do they have to be? What law is there that says that? What rule is there that it can't be otherwise? I was thinking a sort of Ike-like moveset. As in using swords and magic. Let me finish nest time. :smash:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom