• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon in SSB4

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
As you've all heard, there will be a ssb4.

Any wishes concerning Ganon in the comming game?

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I wouldn't mind a fast 2-hit Jab, consisting of two palm strikes - The latter beeing more powerful.
First palm hitting on frame 4, and the whole combo dealing 11%.

Better Grab Range, using magic to reach further, sort of like Zelda.

A real Sex Kick, that last longer, and comes out on frame 3, and of course can be effectively Auto Canceled.
Maybe something that includes Dark smoke/ Dark energy.

A completely new Utilt - faster and weaker.

This is basicly what i hope for.

I assume glitches like his RCO Lag are gone in the next game.

FOUREYES

Smash Journeyman
IMO he needs a unique moveset. Don't get me wrong, I love Ganon, but the fact of the matter is that he's the ****ing king of evil, and does not deserve to be just a Falcon knockoff.

:phone:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
The way I look at it is.

Ganon gets a moveset.

They decide they don't like Falcon's 64 moveset.

They give him Ganon's moveset.

Just give Falcon his 64 moveset back.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
I've heard people suggest a moveset based upon his sword, but I think we already have plenty of swordsmen. Swords are the last weapon I want to see added in SSB4. Perhaps Ganon could use some of his magic in the next game: Some longer ranged moves would be nice.

Oh, and a Down Smash that's actually usable.

Sol Badguy

Smash Rookie
He does need a better moveset. I know they tried to change it up a bit in brawl, but it was just basically still Falcon's moveset just with less moves. He needs to be slightly faster too. Anyone agree?

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
He does need a better moveset. I know they tried to change it up a bit in brawl, but it was just basically still Falcon's moveset just with less moves. He needs to be slightly faster too. Anyone agree?
It's no secret Ganondorf is a "Luigification" of Captain Falcon, but his moves have some unique properties that set them apart from one another. That being said, as far as speed goes, I think his running speed could use some improvement, as well as his jumping height. Also ridding him of such awful landing lag, or at the very least bringing back L-canceling would be great.

As for a possible Smash 4 incarnation, they ought to try to give him some form of projectile. After all, he is a wizard (the only wizard I know of who's physically buffed outside of FF4's Golbez), and they should do that characteristic justice. I don't mind him being a semi-clone of Falcon and all, but I do agree that now's a good time for a major overhaul of many other semi-clones... although Falco and Wolf seem to be fine as they are.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Golbez's armor is just a Korean copy of Samus' Varia Suit.

Anwyays, back to topic: GRAB RANGE.
lmao at the "Korean" post! XD

But yes, grab range is a very big one; I dunno how we overlooked that! Why would they give Ganondorf the shortest grab range in Brawl? I mean, his grab range makes his grab game almost useless, especially with his other out-of-shield options being worth crap. I mean, his jab has his arm extend 3 feet in front of him, so you would think it would do his grab range justice, but no. His pivot grab is just as bad; what in god and sunny Jesus were Sakurai and his team thinking?! Ugh!

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
But... but... Sakurai is making it.

Did not the people make their hate known? Does not Sakurai know what he did to us?
I said that I would not pay a cent if Sakurai was ever allowed to touch one design of SSB4 (except Kirby). Did I not shout it loud enough? Did I not say it in the right place?

How can I get Nintendo to hear me?

Sol Badguy

Smash Rookie
It's no secret Ganondorf is a "Luigification" of Captain Falcon, but his moves have some unique properties that set them apart from one another. That being said, as far as speed goes, I think his running speed could use some improvement, as well as his jumping height. Also ridding him of such awful landing lag, or at the very least bringing back L-canceling would be great.

As for a possible Smash 4 incarnation, they ought to try to give him some form of projectile. After all, he is a wizard (the only wizard I know of who's physically buffed outside of FF4's Golbez), and they should do that characteristic justice. I don't mind him being a semi-clone of Falcon and all, but I do agree that now's a good time for a major overhaul of many other semi-clones... although Falco and Wolf seem to be fine as they are.
I definitely agree with pretty much everything you said. I didn't mind him being a semi clone of falcon, but they do need to give him a projectile and stuff like that. It'd be pretty cool in my opinion if they gave him a certain move where he could use his sword too.

Sol Badguy

Smash Rookie
But... but... Sakurai is making it.

Did not the people make their hate known? Does not Sakurai know what he did to us?
I said that I would not pay a cent if Sakurai was ever allowed to touch one design of SSB4 (except Kirby). Did I not shout it loud enough? Did I not say it in the right place?

How can I get Nintendo to hear me?
Run in there, active grenade in hand, just as it's about to explode, punch sakurai in the mouth with the same hand the grenade in hand, screaming, "FALCON PUUUUUNCH!!!" before it explodes. :D

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Isn't Sakurai working with a few more people for this game, rather than making ALL the decisions himself? Besides, he did good with Melee, and Brawl isn't THAT bad.

But as for Ganon, I'd like him to at least keep his side b and ftilt (since they're canon to the games). Neutral b should be his OoT/TP projectile. He should also get a sword to use, although I don't want him to use his sword as much as the other sword users do. Rather, a balance. I don't want him to get a down b counter, that's for sure. It's far too overdone.

That's all I have for now.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Isn't Sakurai working with a few more people for this game, rather than making ALL the decisions himself? Besides, he did good with Melee, and Brawl isn't THAT bad.
Yes, Sakurai is getting a few more people added on his team and rather than making most of the decisions himself he's going to, for the most part, use the team for help, suggestions and character balance. Also I read Sakurai worked on Melee very fast and would stay up all night working on it which kinda explains the physics. Perhaps he can do it again. :3

But to be on-topic I just want Ganon to be more evil and get a brand new moveset with some moves either completely removed/redone or just modified little. I don't want him to use his sword a whole bunch, he could be a Link and Zelda mixup with his own death attritbute in his moves for himself.

But keep Flame Choke mwahahaha >;3. But I want it renamed "Gerudo Dragon" (from Melee) because that's a badass name.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Yes, Sakurai is getting a few more people added on his team and rather than making most of the decisions himself he's going to, for the most part, use the team for help, suggestions and character balance. Also I read Sakurai worked on Melee very fast and would stay up all night working on it which kinda explains the physics. Perhaps he can do it again. :3

But to be on-topic I just want Ganon to be more evil and get a brand new moveset with some moves either completely removed/redone or just modified little. I don't want him to use his sword a whole bunch, he could be a Link and Zelda mixup with his own death attritbute in his moves for himself.

But keep Flame Choke mwahahaha >;3. But I want it renamed "Gerudo Dragon" (from Melee) because that's a badass name.
Ya, that's the most important part imo.

Imagine all MUs beeing between 35:65 and 65:35 - Giving all characters a fair chance at winning. :awesome:

Chain Grabbing should only work from like 0 to 40, and be DI-dependant again.

Napos

Smash Ace
add speed to him, get a whole new utilt, and your good to go! I love brawl ganon

holyv

Smash Journeyman
They need to bring back Ganon's humungous ballsack from Melee
How about down b to pull the sword off, and your whole moveset changes?
he would have 2 positions in the tier list :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I would like it if Ganondorf was more epic. 'nuff said, epic overwhelming.

IhaveSonar

Smash Journeyman
It would be pretty awesome if he had a projectile.... say, a dark magic version of Zelda's. However, his version would actually be good.

Also, it would be pretty cool if F-smash was a three-hit combo with average speed, good knockback and good range, and he used his sword for all three strikes. :D

Keep all the other moves basically the same, but perhaps change the physics of some to be a bit faster/slower/stronger/weaker/etc.

I know I'm not a Ganon player, but that would still be pretty cool.

Top Bottom