• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon Friend Finder, Post-Match Analysis, and Epic Videos !!! READ OP FIRST

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyperstation

Smash Lord
Great games Hyper. Sorry about the lag at the end games, hope it wasn't too bad. I need to learn a few tricks from you.
Yeah, it was really fun. I wonder why the lag increased at the end. For a while there we were going almost completely lagless. There's one thing I want to tell you, by the way...you wizard kick WAY too much. Learn to space with other techniques as best as possible. We'll play again sometime.

hyperstation

Smash Lord
yeah yeah, double post FTL

Can anyone explain why zeonstar and I are the only ones with LAN adapters?

ATTN GANONS: Get a LAN adapter you fart-butts!

hyperstation

Smash Lord
Actually, I do have an LAN adapter. Though I've always had trouble using it. Guess I don't know how to use it.
Couldn't be easier:

1. Plug the Lan Adapter into one of the USB ports on your Wii
  2. Connect a Cat5 (ethernet) wire from your router to the LAN adapter
  3. Change your connection from a Wireless to a Wired connection in the Wii Options
  4. Profit

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
OOH, yes it's Ganon time. :smash:

SWF Handle: Divilenta
Brawl Name: 9001 (nickname LORD in brawls)
Brawl Friend Code: 3910-0841-7219
Location: Denver, CO (Pueblo every other weekend unless specified)
LAN Adapter: No

Hyrus

Smash Journeyman
Can anyone explain why zeonstar and I are the only ones with LAN adapters?
The same reason I don't own a wii wheel, wii zaper, or any other attempt from Nintendo to make a cheap buck out of a gimmick accessory item. I can't find anywhere on Nintendo's site stating that the adapter is any better than wireless, and can't find any concrete testimonial elsewhere.

Judging from the utter half-assery that is Smash Bros online, i'd say Nintendo's technical end just sucks. These are the days of cable speed connections where 30 people play a FPS that tracks mouse movement, jumps, motion, physics, etc with zero lag. Two playing Smash Bros with lag is *******ery on someone's end at the developer, not ours.

hyperstation

Smash Lord
The same reason I don't own a wii wheel, wii zaper, or any other attempt from Nintendo to make a cheap buck out of a gimmick accessory item. I can't find anywhere on Nintendo's site stating that the adapter is any better than wireless, and can't find any concrete testimonial elsewhere.

Judging from the utter half-assery that is Smash Bros online, i'd say Nintendo's technical end just sucks. These are the days of cable speed connections where 30 people play a FPS that tracks mouse movement, jumps, motion, physics, etc with zero lag. Two playing Smash Bros with lag is *******ery on someone's end at the developer, not ours.
Allow me to explain to you: there is nothing better or more reliable than a piece of copper from point A to point B. How's that for a testimonial...my buddy Science told me. To liken a LAN adapter the Wii Wheel or the Zaper is really silly, man. The reason you get a LAN adapter is to ensure you're not getting any interference from any number of other devices emitting a wireless signal, among other reasons.

No sh*t...Nintendo effed up with online. Didn't we get that out of our system in February? Blizzard had 8 people online in the same game of Starcraft over 10 years ago on f*cking dial-up. A lot of people have learned to just grin and bear it, gleaning what they can from the online experience.

Your bitterness about smash lag, though not without validity, makes you sound like a child pouting after he sh*ts his pants. Rather than doing what you can to improve your connection, you're going to cry and whine until someone else does something about it. If you don't want to deal with wifi (and yes, often you are simply DEALING with it), then don't do it. But some of us still see the merit in playing people online in order to better understand match-ups with other characters regardless of lag.

P.S. - I have probably half a dozen or more people on my friends list who I can play completely without lag. there's no reason that list won't keep getting longer

Hyrus

Smash Journeyman
*Big block of foaming rage.*
Oww. Jeeze. I rip on wifi and I get attacked with a knife here. :psycho:

Quick responses: Wireless works fine for everything over here - I can even public brawl without lag (most of the time; dont fathom how bored i'd have to be to public brawl). I'll complain about wifi to my grandchildren, while they throw eggs at me sprawled on the ground having tripped over my walker and associating the trip with Brawl in my senile dementia. And I never said anything about refusing to playing online, nor that online is unplayable.

Sorry if my unpleasantness upset ya. I was just answering your question: that's why I don't have the adapter.

hyperstation

Smash Lord
Oww. Jeeze. I rip on wifi and I get attacked with a knife here. :psycho:

Quick responses: Wireless works fine for everything over here - I can even public brawl without lag (most of the time; dont fathom how bored i'd have to be to public brawl). I'll complain about wifi to my grandchildren, while they throw eggs at me sprawled on the ground having tripped over my walker and associating the trip with Brawl in my senile dementia. And I never said anything about refusing to playing online, nor that online is unplayable.

Sorry if my unpleasantness upset ya. I was just answering your question: that's why I don't have the adapter.
Haha, I was just a cranky old man this morning. No one's upset. :)

Zakosai

Smash Apprentice
SWF Handle: Zakosai
Brawl Name: Zacks
Brawl Friend Code: 4124-4654-6074
Location: Shreveport, LA (no, not Los Angeles. It's Louisiana)

I fight a lot on AIB and people tell me my Ganon is pretty beast. Granted I'm probably the ONLY Ganon they ever get to fight, but a compliment's a compliment.

Anyone feel like some matches today?

Zakosai

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I've got you added. If we're on at the same time, we'll fight. My schedule could get crazy tomorrow, so don't wait for me.

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
Since I can't double post, I'll edit. :p

Dang I suck! I thought I was getting good pulverizing everyone on wi-fi. :newbie: Well, it was a blast and I need to learn how to thunderstorm and all those other lovely techs.

Oh, and my Wi-Fi name is now LORD.

ShinGaruda

Smash Journeyman
I've already added everyone (yes, everyone. Hey, you never know), so you don't need to notify me if you wanna add me. I'm usually on on Sundays, sometimes on weekday afternoons (Pacific Time), and no appointment is necessary.

...Took me a while to get rid of the habit of rolling in front and then getting attacked by a Wizard's Foot...

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
I've already added everyone (yes, everyone. Hey, you never know), so you don't need to notify me if you wanna add me. I'm usually on on Sundays, sometimes on weekday afternoons (Pacific Time), and no appointment is necessary.

...Took me a while to get rid of the habit of rolling in front and then getting attacked by a Wizard's Foot...
I'll add you later. ;)

...took me a while to get rid of the habit of spamming Warlock Punch...

qerkdtx

Smash Journeyman
Anyone up for some ditto's for some time tonight, cuz im up for it.

weinner

Smash Apprentice
SWF Handle: weinner
Brawl Name: WEIN
Brawl Friend Code: 3050-7249-5755

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
>__> Sorry moblin, well get to play some games sometimes but right now I'm doing some ranked gamebattles matches, sorry :p

Dolphination

Smash Apprentice
SWF Handle: Dolphination
Brawl Name: IHavU
Brawl Friend Code: 0474-1280-7676
LAN Adapter: Yes

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
Not sure where to post this. I wish I knew your AIM, Swoops. :p

Anyway, thanks for the dittos. I know I must have gotten predictable during the last few matches, so.. TIPZ

thx

also, godly ganon

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
I'll play you. No guarrantee how well I play though...:evil:

I'm available most of the day after 3:00 p.m. Mountain time, up until 10:00 p.m. What works for you?

Dolphination

Smash Apprentice
umm 11pm-5am and 12pm-5pm Easter Time are times I can play really. Im either working or sleeping so just gimme a hollar on AIM or something

Dolphination

Smash Apprentice
Im gonna be on before work tommorrow which is prolly around 2-6 Eastern time. If you would like to play then gimme a heads up Div. I would really appreciate a match against anyone else too!

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, sorry about not getting to you yesterday. I lost track of time. :(

Tomorrow, however...it's Ganon time. :smash:

hyperstation

Smash Lord
Hyper, we haven't brawled in a bit, care to now?
I'm gonna have to take a rain check, Kalm. I'm making dinner then heading out for the night. Maybe tomorrow. We need to have a few matches soon for sure. I feel like every time I brawl you I pick up a little something new that I hadn't been exploiting. F*ck dat lag though...gross.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom