• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamingetc Tourney #3 - Results 7/3/10

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
lulz k I'll drop it too. In future: Less insult jokes. I have a habit of responding to them whether or not it's a joke.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
9: Tymer
9: Tempest
9: Kiwi

lol, too good.

Oddly I had more fun playing Melee friendlies than I did with the Brawl singles. I actually considered not entering, and looking back at the bracket now I see that it would have made it a lot better >_> Oh well. The whole weekend was great, with the tournament, the smashfest, and the other stuff.

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
vcannino93 6:37 pm
(6:37:41 PM): post this
(6:39:01 PM): No, I specifically remember making a lot of % comeback. I was at 1 stock 161%, you were at at least 120%. It could have gone either way. I shielded your ftilt at the edge and you fell off and buffered fair and died. As I said IRL, I got lucky and that was ********, but don't you remember grab armoring my dsmash on your last stock kill % at poly and ended up winning that match? >.>. Either way it was a fun set for the most part, it ended up being pretty close game 3.
I can vouch for that first match. I reminded Vinnie actually that he was at 161% last stock when the match ended. Bizkit, I am pretty certain that you had at least 120% before the SD. If anything, NL should have the replay though like you said.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Lmao who goes to this expecting a big turnout? cheese does. It's 3 hrs away from me exactly, how far was it for you cheese? 123 is what you woulda got winning singles and doubles. this place needs to step it up =/
If I went straight from my house to the venue it'd take a little more than 2 hours.

Nairo

Banned via Administration
I had a bad day, ugh.

Good **** to Ling for making me fall for the same thing a million times.

Good **** to Prawn for stealing my jump, somehow.

Good **** to Frigate for not letting me see C4s and having Vinnie fall through the stage.

Good **** to NE for not showing up to your own tournies, NY won't be back.

noodles

Smash Champion
1: Ninjalink- really nice seeing you again its been way too long. **** yo bowser that was gay XD
2: Ling Ling- if ddd didnt require so much knowledge id probably play him after watching you.
3: Bizkit-thanks for the ride back and gee gee's
4: TeeVee- ggs salty run-backs next time i see you
5: Will-ggs
7: Bloodcross- nice friendlies and geez your mk got better. I'M NEVER GETTING IN A CAR YOU'RE DRIVING AGAIN
7: omstar-get ***** by my snake
9: Tymer-ggs
9: Tempest-nice mm and teach me guitar stuff next time we play outside of the tournament setting
9: Kiwi-we didnt play
9: Cheese-your distraction tactic was funny hahah
13: Hotdog Turtle-happy birthday glad you enjoyed the weekend
13: Vermanubis-you're a really funny guy. nice ganon.
blackanese- way too funny
emmy- thanks for bringing me to nacho's place after bc and friends DITCHED ME
nacho/zao nice melee friendlies

edit: I support bc! (when he's not driving, atleast)

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
that's too obvious, good try. You already did to beg for it when you sent a VM to me after quoting the post. sadly you did to beg for something that you call " filth".
Ho ho. Who said I was gonna USE the wagon? I could have used it for parts, then sell them. Think of that? But again, the filth is not worth even engaging with.

What's next? "You did to beg for the salt?"

EDIT: To avoid double post.

It's been fun but I'll step out of this turmoil. I may get salty, but I don't get trolled by bandwagoners such as yourself. So, good day.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
1: Ninjalink - GGs, man. Really nice playing you. Solid through and through.
2: Ling Ling - Hi lol
3: Bizkit - I remember at Quaker, I couldn't even get a stock off of you. Playing you last night at Nacho's really helped me gauge how far I've progressed from my former WiFiness. One thing though, could we discuss seeding me higher at DNA? I feel I've proven I deserve to be seeded a least a little higher than the scrubs, even if I AM Ganon.
4: TeeVee - Best Ganon protege
5: Vinnie - G&W is too good, man lol. Really, really swell dude. Glad to have met you!
5: Will - Definitely best DK. You gimped me so hard lol.
7: Bloodcross - Your low tiers are FAR from trash. Your Bowser and Samus are better than most Bowser and Samus mains I've played. No need for me to comment on your Falco and MK lol.
7: Prawn - DLA? HA!
9: Tymer - I love you, Tymer. Epic MMs lol.
9: Tempest - SMRPG MM?
9: Kiwi - Hi Kiwi lol
9: Cheese - lol
13: Hotdog Turtle - You didn't finish your pancakes at IHOP.
13: Vermanubis - Best Verm.

Amazing tournament, followed be an even more amazing aftermath! Can't describe how ****** this weekend was, everybody!

RATED

Smash Lord
Ho ho. Who said I was gonna USE the wagon? I could have used it for parts, then sell them. Think of that? But again, the filth is not worth even engaging with.

What's next? "You did to beg for the salt?"
I'm going to reply your VM here since its a interesing one :

Haha, sorry but I'm not stupider than a lower-class wetback. You got yo boi's back bro, and I respect that in a family man yo. I mean, they all do after all.
Write the word "wetback" when you really know what it means.

==========================

I don't bandwagon. I just LOL at your saltyness.

If you call a bandwagon saying a "good ****" kind of thing, you are just saying that 100% of smashboards members are bandwagoners.

Edit: actually, I wasnt taking things " that seriously" making things look like it is how I roll.

and yeah its getting boring, since your were as predictable as it could be, GG.

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
Write the word "wetback" when you really know what it means.
Right I forgot you're from PR not Mexico.

I will concede this time.

EDIT:

Don't you have better things to do? Like writing out prescriptions with a spray can or something?

EDIT2: Pretty much killing it. I'm seriously done before **** gets out of hand. Plus I'm bored by this. You take me way too seriously bro.

Zucco

Smash Master
PR loves me.

good job to NY and blahblah I wasnt even here I dont care.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Why the mk picture?? I only used him in one match the whole tourney I don't even know how to use him :(
You used him to beat me, so it helped you advance. Just like if I decided to MK ditto you on Brinstar and if I won, I'd get him next to my name. If you lost to me on Brinstar, it wouldn't count.

3: Bizkit - I remember at Quaker, I couldn't even get a stock off of you. Playing you last night at Nacho's really helped me gauge how far I've progressed from my former WiFiness. One thing though, could we discuss seeding me higher at DNA? I feel I've proven I deserve to be seeded a least a little higher than the scrubs, even if I AM Ganon.
I don't really seed you too bad actually. For this tourney, there were only 17 entrants and a lot of people were seeded above you because there were a lot of ranked players here from both NE and NY, so it just looked like you were seeded really low. I don't seed you as a beginner, if that's what you're wondering.

Just so everyone knows, there is a link to the livestream on the first post that has all the saved singles matches on it from the livestream.

etecoon

Smash Hero
don't see why people get upset about seeding, if you keep getting fatal/dazwa/kool aid etc. round 1 or 2 you just gotta get better than them ;\

</being very unrealistic today>

though I guess it's a little different being a ganon main where overcoming the better players using good characters is literally near impossible

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
don't see why people get upset about seeding, if you keep getting fatal/dazwa/kool aid etc. round 1 or 2 you just gotta get better than them ;\

</being very unrealistic today>

though I guess it's a little different being a ganon main where overcoming the better players using good characters is literally near impossible
I don't mind fighting awesome players. I enjoy it. I just don't want to fight them at the beginning of the bracket lol.

Prawn

Smash Master
just for the record

me beating cheese wasnt an upset. hes a really good player but in no way was it an upset. I'm really confident in my ability to beat his secondaries and me and xfactor played enough that i got good at the ditto.

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
Personally, I never implied that it was an upset.

Especially due to the fact that you main IC's LOL. ALSO, Game 3 was a ditto... and all dittos are luck based or centralized on port priority.

Prawn

Smash Master
bloodcross is the only intelligent poster on smashboards

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
That's not why it's considered an upset. It's because of how Cheese is ranked (5th or 6th in NY) compared to you, not currently ranked in NE. Generally, ranked players usually don't lose to unranked players. When they do, it's considered an upset, despite who it may be.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
just for the record

me beating cheese wasnt an upset. hes a really good player but in no way was it an upset. I'm really confident in my ability to beat his secondaries and me and xfactor played enough that i got good at the ditto.
It was an upset, but not one that is particularly surprising. Good job.

Zucco

Smash Master
Prawn told me he was going to beat Cheese over Aim not too long ago. Nice to see he actually did it :)

etecoon

Smash Hero
brawl is too random and stupid to consider any good player beating another an upset even if they are perceived to be at different levels IMO. brawl was intentionally crafted to be uncompetitive and non-skill based. while cheese is ranked higher, I don't think he's far enough above prawn to consider it much of an upset, anything can happen

that being said, I would've let it go, ****, people say it's an upset when I beat unranked players and I ignore it <___<

Top Bottom