• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GamesRadar's Who Should Be Cut for SSB4 (Hilarious)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Dudebro Host Guy: I know Marth is *list of reasons Marth will never be cut*, but Awakening was big and Lucina has a vagina!

Other Dudebro Host Guy: Duhdede and that Knight Guy were in Brawl, so Sakurai will clearly rubberstamp any and all Kirby characters in existence into Smash! Also, Birdo!

I'm seriously hoping someone technologically savvy enough to imitate their SFX makes a parody series based on these videos. They're totally asking for it. ;)
Oh, you sly devil, you. ;)

majora_787

Smash Hero
The only cuts I see even being possible at this stage are Ike and Lucario, if that at this point. He is literally the closest thing in Brawl to a clone, and made it in. Above him are what. Falco, Ganondorf, and Luigi who definitely aren't going anywhere? And if all of these characters who are less unique from other characters are in, why remove Wolf or Lucas?

It's getting down to "Are Ike, Lucario, and Pokemon Trainer being cycled out or not?"

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
I feel like these guys are more forced to do these videos more than actually wanting to do them.

They're knowledge of the series is laughable.

They thought this was a new move...

Shroob

Sup?
The only cuts I see even being possible at this stage are Ike and Lucario, if that at this point. He is literally the closest thing in Brawl to a clone, and made it in. Above him are what. Falco, Ganondorf, and Luigi who definitely aren't going anywhere? And if all of these characters who are less unique from other characters are in, why remove Wolf or Lucas?

It's getting down to "Are Ike, Lucario, and Pokemon Trainer being cycled out or not?"
And even then, after playing X and seeing how Lucario is shoved into your face until one is forced upon you, I can't see Lucario going anywhere tbh.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
And even then, after playing X and seeing how Lucario is shoved into your face until one is forced upon you, I can't see Lucario going anywhere tbh.
Don't you think if MewTwo gets the role that Lucario will indeed get cut?

Shroob

Sup?

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
The two have completely unique movesets, so no, I do not think that. They play nothing alike and have completely different moves, only similarities are their B is chargeable. Both are likely candidates to be in, IMO. Doesn't hurt that Gamefreak loves both this gen.

http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery-25/art/pxy-mega-mewtwo-vs-mega-lucario.jpg <Official art.
Actually now that I think about it you are absolutely right. Not too fond of Lucario so I couldn't remember his moveset up until now.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'd be totally okay with no cuts, I'm just trying not to let myself believe there won't be any.

KingKirb

Smash Journeyman
I can't wait until R.O.B. gets announced and kills them both in HD. That'll be fun to watch.
I'm still not watching their channel. They don't know anything about Smash and theyre just taking advantage of the hype for views.

"Marth is back. We were wrong. Marth is the hero from fire emblem. Marth is cool."

Really? That's urgent smash news?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I wouldn't say I agree but out of those (that haven't already been confirmed) the ones I wouldn't be sad to see cut are Lucas, Wolf, Ike and Snake. Particularly Wolf and Snake.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'll still never understand the interest in cutting Wolf over Falco when Falco is the second closest thing in Brawl to being a clone, and Wolf is about as close to Fox as Ike is to Marth, but Wolf was added at the last minute.

Someone is obviously valued more by the developers to say the least.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
I'll still never understand the interest in cutting Wolf over Falco when Falco is the second closest thing in Brawl to being a clone, and Wolf is about as close to Fox as Ike is to Marth, but Wolf was added at the last minute.

Someone is obviously valued more by the developers to say the least.
Wth!? Wolf was added!?!?

EDIT: Nvm that post, I see what you are saying.

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
i actually studied wolf's and fox's movesets and found wolf to be a 36% clone, and that's not even considering how he moves totally different
just thought id post this for those who think wolf is for sure out

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
i actually studied wolf's and fox's movesets and found wolf to be a 36% clone, and that's not even considering how he moves totally different
just thought id post this for those who think wolf is for sure out
36 seems like an awfully high percent to me.

I want ROB to return! He's the only one really that seems uncertain

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
36 seems like an awfully high percent to me.

I want ROB to return! He's the only one really that seems uncertain
yeah 36 would to me too if it weren't for the fact that a lot of the moves i counted "cloned" were different in their own way, and again there's the movement stuff and whatnot

majora_787

Smash Hero
When I studied movesets, this is what I got...

Toon Link - 74% clone
Falco - 65% clone
Ganondorf - 61% clone
Luigi - 56% clone
Lucas - 43% clone
Wolf - 26% clone
Ike - 17% clone

(Numbers are rounded very slightly to even percentages)

Even if we shifted Wolf to 36%, which would be ABOUT 8 or 9 of his moves being the same as Fox's, he's actually still comparable to Ike or Lucas on the clone scale. Which isn't very cloney but more like "vaguely similar" in my opinion.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Yes I think R.O.B should take over the show

I can't wait to see R.O.B get confirmed he will do the bodies next if hes confirmed

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
I'm surprised these guys haven't been fired yet. The fact that Toon Link and Marth have been confirmed when they said they would be cut clearly shows their incompetance. I have actually watched some of their videos (not out of enjoyment, mind you) and found them really, really dumb. They drain away my intelligence as I watch them. Granted, perhaps the show gets better in the later episodes, but the only thing compelling me to watch them is to see what other idiotic things they say.

I don't know if GamesRadar cares about their reputation, but these guys are damaging it and making it the laughing stock of the industry. If they knew what was good for them, they would fire these guys (or just remove them from this series) and issue a public apology.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I'm surprised these guys haven't been fired yet. The fact that Toon Link and Marth have been confirmed when they said they would be cut clearly shows their incompetance. I have actually watched some of their videos (not out of enjoyment, mind you) and found them really, really dumb. They drain away my intelligence as I watch them. Granted, perhaps the show gets better in the later episodes, but the only thing compelling me to watch them is to see what other idiotic things they say.

I don't know if GamesRadar cares about their reputation, but these guys are damaging it and making it the laughing stock of the industry. If they knew what was good for them, they would fire these guys (or just remove them from this series) and issue a public apology.
Thats what i want to know. (well toon link is an acception i mean 75%of everyone here thought toon link was getting kicked.) And I agree with ROB in the video if toon link and marth got in ROB will too since hes popular and loved and unique

At this point all i see is ike, snake, lucas, getting the boot (but who knows)

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard

If they are destroying themselves, so be it, but I hardly think this suggestion helps matters.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Oh, I'm sure they'll be right about some characters because, you know, THEY PREDICTED NEARLY HALF THE CAST WOULD BE CUT. I stopped watching after the Peach episode because they got so many things wrong in that single episode that I swear my eyes were starting to cross and I was gettng a nose bleed by the end of it. It's like they got two interns to do the show which is why I'd love for a couple of guys (or girls) who actually know what they're talking about to come along and do a similar show.

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
Oh, I'm sure they'll be right about some characters because, you know, THEY PREDICTED NEARLY HALF THE CAST WOULD BE CUT. I stopped watching after the Peach episode because they got so many things wrong in that single episode that I swear my eyes were starting to cross and I was gettng a nose bleed by the end of it. It's like they got two interns to do the show which is why I'd love for a couple of guys or girls who actually know what they're talking about to come along and do a similar show.
Hahaha

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
GamesRadar's reasons for characters getting cut or not getting in: "Ridley is too big, i don't care about Fire Emblem, Pac-Man's design is ugly, ROB sucks" HURHURHURHURHUR

GodOfSocks

Smash Journeyman
I bet they also think Paper Mario would be a Mario clone.
The only person I agree with in any of their videos is ROB.
Marth is cool, Do you think he is cool? I think he is cool. Look at how cool he is. That is cool.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
In regards to everyone besides Marth and ROB:

Pokemon Trainer- Hard to say. He's technically four characters in one so he'll be unbelievably tempting to cut if time starts to become an issue. Because his design is based on the Red and Green remakes in the third generation, I can imagine that he'll be tweaked if they do decide to keep him. Not only do I see him getting new Pokemon (I could easily see squirtle and ivysaur getting replaced with something else) but I can see him getting a character redesign too.

Lucario- Arguably the most disposable character in the Brawl roster. He's still popular though but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he ended up getting "Mewtwo'd."

Ike- There's no reason why it should happen but I could see why if he did. He could get "Roy'd" but I think few people would argue with me that Fire Emblem deserves at least three reps given it's long history and number of games.

Lucas- Somewhat disposable because he's a semi-clone but because he's the only semi-clone that has ever been in the starting roster and the fact that they have never reduced the number of reps in a franchise without replacing them with someone else (Dr. Mario doesn't count for obvious reasons), I think he'll be safe.

Snake- Probably. It seemed like the only reason he was added to Brawl in the first place was to finally fulfill a favor to a friend.

Toon Link- I honestly doubt it. Young Link basically became Toon Link so he's technically already been in two games but it makes sense to have two Links since the games are largely divided by those with Link as an adult and Link as a kid with Toon Link being the face of the later since 2003. I can imagine him being tweaked some more to further differentiate him from the other Link than be outright cut.

Wolf- Only slightly safer than Lucario but not by much I'd argue. Technically the very last addition in Brawl and him being a semi-clone makes me think that he was largely added to bolster the final roster much like most of the clones were for Melee.

Since when is Wolf a Semi-Clone?

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm still maintaining that mathematically, Wolf is about as close to Fox as Ike is to Marth or Lucas to Ness. Falco is closer to Toon Link and Ganondorf.

GodOfSocks

Smash Journeyman
I'm still maintaining that mathematically, Wolf is about as close to Fox as Ike is to Marth or Lucas to Ness. Falco is closer to Toon Link and Ganondorf.
I don't see how Ike and Marth are remotely close to being semi-clones.
What besides counter do they both have?

GodOfSocks

Smash Journeyman
Same could be said about Fox and Wolf
Maybe, I don't know if anything besides their specials are similar, so you're probably right on that part.
I'm just saying that Ike being a Marth clone because of their down B's is like saying Lucario is a Mewtwo clone because of their neutral B's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom