• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GamesRadar's Who Should Be Cut for SSB4 (Hilarious)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Knows?

Smash Rookie
Lucas had better stay, but there are no new mother games so who/why would they think to replace him?
I could understand ike seeing the door but Nintendo would be doing themselves a major disservice, I for one would be annoyed. (Reminds me of how that stupid bee replaced by SEVEN favourite mario kart characters for 3ds... I never forgave that.)

Hey they were setting themselves up for a raw lambasting, though, really. Keyword: SHOULD be cut

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
You know what I love about this website...

We all have our differences. We fight. We argue. We have strong opinions on which game is the best out of the franchise (all of them are the best fyi). We get in flame wars often about ridiculous things. We bicker like siblings. We request ridiculous characters to be playable and lash out at everyone who disagrees or has a different opinion. When we want certain characters cut, it 100% has to do with if we like them or not, we don't take their relevance to the series or other people's love for them into factor. We ***** and moan about the Miiverse updates we don't even deserve in the first place. And even after all the new info we've been spoiled with so far this month, their will be complaining come Monday morning when it's a picture of a close up of Olimar's whistle.

But we can all come together and agree on one thing:

These guys are incredibly stupid.
They have no idea what they are talking about.
They're knowledge of the series is laughable.
It surprises me why they are hosting a show like this and have no more knowledge than a friend of mine who came over and played Brawl once.

It just makes me happy that we can set aside all our differences and really hate on these two.

majora_787

Smash Hero
You know what I love about this website...

We all have our differences. We fight. We argue. We have strong opinions on which game is the best out of the franchise (all of them are the best fyi). We get in flame wars often about ridiculous things. We bicker like siblings. We request ridiculous characters to be playable and lash out at everyone who disagrees or has a different opinion. When we want certain characters cut, it 100% has to do with if we like them or not, we don't take their relevance to the series or other people's love for them into factor. We ***** and moan about the Miiverse updates we don't even deserve in the first place. And even after all the new info we've been spoiled with so far this month, their will be complaining come Monday morning when it's a picture of a close up of Olimar's whistle.

But we can all come together and agree on one thing:

These guys are incredibly stupid.
They have no idea what they are talking about.
They're knowledge of the series is laughable.
It surprises me why they are hosting a show like this and have no more knowledge than a friend of mine who came over and played Brawl once.

It just makes me happy that we can set aside all our differences and really hate on these two.
Isn't it amazing when a family comes together over mutual hatred? ;D

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Oh my god! Another predicted cut character was revealed!

I'm SOOO surprised.

Serves ya right, Gamesradar!

GodOfSocks

Smash Journeyman
Oh my god! Another predicted cut character was revealed!

I'm SOOO surprised.

Serves ya right, Gamesradar!
I can't wait for their reactions when Rob gets confirmed...wait..
...What if being wrong was a plan for them to get more views.. People would watch the video, eager to see Rob killing them and doing the show. Its all part of their secret plan to use the unlimited hate of the internet...and I have been watching way too much Game Theory.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Its like Sakurai is purposely proving them wrong.
And I love it.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Watch Sakurai cut the characters we think are "shoo-ins" just to be unpredictable.

Goodbye, :falcon::ganondorf::popo::diddy::wario::metaknight::jigglypuff::gw::zerosuitsamus::falco::ness2::yoshi2:...

Don't take it seriously.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Despite this being said before a hundred times, the relevancy argument is null and void. We all think of characters like Ice Climbers and possibly Ness when we hear that, but the one we all need to think of immediately is Mr. Game and Watch. None of the characters in SSB are older than him. He's so old, they couldn't even manage to upgrade his frame-by-frame movement! :laugh:

Delicious Tears

Smash Journeyman
Mr. Game & Watch: Darn these three dimensional kids and their smooth animations! Back in our days, we were flat, and we moved frame by frame, and that was all you needed in the gaming world!

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I really hope they make a prediction about Ridley certanly NOT becoming playable.

You know how that will end.

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
These vids are like a massive train wreck; they are so awful and terrible but you can't look away.

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
wait... WAIT... i think that they have the power to make whatever they say wrong!!!

c'mon gamesradar please say mewtwo won't come back
and that marina from mischief makers has no chance

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
wait... WAIT... i think that they have the power to make whatever they say wrong!!!

c'mon gamesradar please say mewtwo won't come back
and that marina from mischief makers has no chance
I wanna get in on this!
Say the online will suck,say that Dixie will never get in and say that Masked man has no chance of being a character.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I really hope they make a prediction about Ridley certanly NOT becoming playable.

You know how that will end.
If I recall correctly they've already written him off as a stage hazard due to the Pyrosphere update, so we're in a good spot.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
XD Well, as wrong as they've been, they're bound to get something right! Even a broken clock is right twice a day......unless someone steals a hand like you guys. XD

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Why does this have 6 pages of comments? These guys suck, GameXplain is a million times better, move on.
Its a thread making fun of Gamesradar. Why wouldn't it have six pages?

It's not like people are posting here because they like these chuckle heads for some reason.

Last edited:

Smash G

Smash Journeyman
It's amazing how WRONG they were.
I mean I would have told them at the time that their logic was just bad had I seen the video, cared to or knew them. :p

majora_787

Smash Hero
So far, they predicted what. Nine cuts? And been wrong about five of them? Well. I'll give them half a point for Pokemon Trainer. But at ABSOLUTE BEST they're only going to be 50% right about this cut list. So yeah this is hilariously bad on their part. xD

EDIT: Nevermind, they thought Charizard was gone in the first video. So make that 44% right at most.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I should've known this thread existed

They got Pokemon Trainer right, but I honestly think they will be wrong about all the rest of them except Wolf and Snake

majora_787

Smash Hero
I should've known this thread existed

They got Pokemon Trainer right, but I honestly think they will be wrong about all the rest of them except Wolf and Snake
They were wrong about Charizard, and Wolf is a pretty safe character. If they're actually legitimately 100% right about anything it's Snake or nobody, which is hilarious considering they thought there were going to be 10 cuts or so. They get to be extremely wrong and we get more characters back. It's win/win. For us. We all win twice.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
'Eh, I liked GameRadar's Smash videos. Yeah, the cuts thing was stupid, but most of the videos are pretty good. And hey, MOST people thought most of the characters GamesRadar thought would be cut were in fact going to be cut, except for a few like Marth. Well, they were idiots in their speculation on potential new third-party characters focusing on the Sonic series to even suggest any characters other than Sonic would join the roster.

GodOfSocks

Smash Journeyman
They're little mac analysis introduced me to the worst acting I've ever seen and i laughed so hard.

Last edited:

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
The thing that everyone fails to recognize about Sakurai is that it's his game and thus his choice to put in who he wants.
So yeah, people may not have wanted Toon Link or Lucario but they're back and to be honest, they all bring something unique to the roster even if they're sort of clones.
However, it's also Sakurai's choice not to bring back characters if they don't add anything to the game or aren't changed to do so. So it's still possible that characters will be cut...

...but it's Sakurai's choice, not mine.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
GamesRadar Smash makes me cry.

On the left you have this hipster trying to sound all professional like he actually knows something.
And on the other side you have this really fat guy slowly swaying back and forth, looking like he's about to have a heart attack.

TheGoldMan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheGoldMan
3DS FC
1950-8066-7015
I could see how they thought Ike and Lucario were going to be cut, but LOL for thinking Marth would.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I could see how they thought Ike and Lucario were going to be cut, but LOL for thinking Marth would.
Considering the fact that the grand majority of people thought Ike and Lucario would be cut? Yeah, exactly, so I don't get why people are complaining about Gamesradar, they weren't saying anything different. Except for suggesting Marth would be cut, that was highly questionable.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Considering the fact that the grand majority of people thought Ike and Lucario would be cut? Yeah, exactly, so I don't get why people are complaining about Gamesradar, they weren't saying anything different. Except for suggesting Marth would be cut, that was highly questionable.
It's mostly for their reasoning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom