• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Games you're embarrassed to say you like.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Embarrassed?.......

Uh...

Halo 3? World of Warcraft? So many people hate those games for some reason.

I used to like Runescape and Maplestory... But no longer.

-Onyx

freetyme

Smash Cadet
Kirby's Avalanche. It's very similar to Dr. Eggman's Mean Bean Machine, which I am sure is a rip-off of something else. I also like Kirby's air-ride and Mario party. You may not think those too embarassing but as a high school student if your outside of the 360 zone, it's kinda looked at funny. I'm not considered a nerd (I think) and though I like playing a lot of 360 games with friends but really? Kirby's cool man...I promise.

neowulf297

Smash Rookie
One of the games that i kinda liked was something called Space Channel Five. It's got really addictive music and not a lot of people have heard of it. (look it up on wikipedia). I make sure to not play with any one around because it sorta makes who ever plays it look gay.................

S2

Smash Lord
I'm not embarrassed really about any of the games I like.

Although I'm glad I got Super Princess Peach as a gift. Because I probably would not have purchased it in a retail store.

ULTRAMURDERSAM

Smash Rookie
I'm totally gay for Cooking Mama and I make a point to recommend it to every customer that walks in at Gamestop.
But I'm pretty embarrassed to say I like DBZ Budokai, only because I used to be outspoken with my distaste for the franchise but now I enjoy it.

Pokec

Smash Journeyman
pokemon.

and...baten kaitos?

well....no really BK. Its actually really really good.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960

Aside from most of the singing moments, the game's RPG system is quite entertaining.

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
pokemon.

and...baten kaitos?

well....no really BK. Its actually really really good.
Aaahahah. The first 10min I played BK, I declaired it the worst game in my life. But then, something happened... I couldn't shut my GCN off... and became entranced in front of the TV for hours. Turned out to be a good game, strangely.

Another embarassing game for me is... "Team Buddies". Despite the title, it's a hilarious war game. "Ninja wins like... like exotic bird... which wins!" "Ever seen a Buddy go 'boom'?" XDDD

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
E.T...... HAH just kidding =/

uhhh people kind of look at me like i'm strange when i say that i like Nuts and Milk. but i'm not embarrassed about it.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
this really cool game for the dreamcast

i think its called shenmu? i was so pissed because my CD was scratched and every time i walked passed the drug dealers house my game would freeze.

Japanese games FTW.

i had a Japanese dreamcast and tons of Japanese games for my N64

has anyone ever played snowboard kids? that game was SSX tricky but 5 years earlier.

SSX tricky was amazing as well.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
i had a Japanese dreamcast and tons of Japanese games for my N64

has anyone ever played snowboard kids? that game was SSX tricky but 5 years earlier.
Dreamcast is interesting because you can burn games yourself and play them without a modded system (not that I suggest doing this...). I've played snowboard kids. It's really fun!

Ippius

Smash Journeyman
Kirby squick squad.
Hear hear! Nothing beats searching for a slice of shortcake and defeating Nightmare again with the puffball from Planet Popstar! :laugh:
I liked it a lot...Ghost kirby possessing everything.

S2

Smash Lord
How can anyone be embarassed by Kirby?

He's cute, not girly.

That being said, how does Squeak Squad compare to the rest of the series? I still haven't gotten a chance to play it since 35 bucks for a 5 hour game is a little steep. I just played Superstar again and I'm still in the mood for more Kirby.

Just

Smash Rookie
world of warcraft. its actually pretty good imo. dont play it though, im not down for paying 30 every two months for a game.

The Drizzle

Smash Cadet
I see alot of people saying pokemon, but I guess I'll leave that out, since I'm honestly not ashamed of saying Shoddy Battle and Competitive Battling are fun.

None really I guess. The closest games that could be considered embarrassing for me would be KH1&2, Pokemon or Katamari, but they're all fun, so idc.

pwnzorz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ABlackMage
3DS FC
0103-9129-9741
A Bug's Life for PSX. That game was bomb.

eggs-on-toast

Smash Apprentice
er.. i'm not so sure about that. at the school i go to, if it's not halo or some other xbox game, it's not good; and if it's a nintendo game, it's babyish and it sucks. i want to punch them out >_>
Exactly what its like at my school. I love pretty much all Nintendo games but i wouldn't talk about gaming unless its just my gaming friends. Also they talk about Halo as if it is god. I hate it

XtremeCJ

Smash Apprentice
If you play a game and really like it, you shouldn't be embarrassed to say it. Does anyone still know the Atari2600 game where you play a little bear and have to jump on plaice to the next and back? I was pretty good in that, and I loved playing it.

Same with PacMan and all the variations on the Atari.

The only thing you should be embarrassed about is World of Warcraft x)) hehe

Grining_Ghoul

Smash Apprentice
Pokemon Pearl, at my age it's embarrasing to have bought and played it non-stop for weeks...also back in the day I was addicted to Harvest Moon on the N64. I once played it for about 12 hours straight, oh the shame.:)

:3

Atsu

Smash Ace
Pokemon (At Ruby/Sapphire and up), I beat Pearl but then it became pretty dumb after that. I knew if I got to far into it, I'd be overly addicted on it. Very happy I dropped it though. I dislike the show and games now.

Ragnarok Online - My gosh, now that I look back at it, it's the stupidest game I have ever played... spent so much time on that game to only get servers closed down on you. That's a good thing though.

Guild Wars - Meh, still a little addicting. I still sorta play it. Barely stopped myself from buying all the expansions >_>;. (Only has Prophecies)

I think that's it... oh and DDR, but I bought it and I really didn't find it fun. If I was going to spend that much time on learning how to "dance", may as well do Guitar Hero. :p

Shipe

Smash Rookie
you shouln't be embarrassed about kirby...
he's just the cutest little thing in the whole wide world ^_^

But I do think I have the right to be ashamed about that high school musical game my boyfriend bought us. It's only OK if you play it while being drunk.
But that's why we bought it anyway.
it's wrong

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Please, some of these games are solid and not embarrassing at all.

Here's a true embarrassing game I love: Catz II for the Wii. I wish I was joking. I saw the joke clip on Kotaku, and my mind just went " >.> <.< .....want"

DeadtoSin

Smash Apprentice
I'll be honest, I like FFX-2. I don't know anyone else that likes it..but I enjoyed it..

Atsu

Smash Ace
Oh, just remembered a good one. There's a game for Sega with a little Dolphin. You go around the ocean doing a bunch of stuff. I found it pretty fun. I think it may ahve been called Echo or something along those lines.

Then games that are sorta Manga/Anime/Cartoon based. Haven't had one of those for a long time so whatever.

OH NO YOU DONT. ddr is amazing.
Of course, who doesn't love looking like a ******* pressing arrows with his feet. See the South Park episode when "It's On!" and the form a dance crew. :p

Top Bottom