• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Games you're embarrassed to say you like.

D

Deleted member

Oh, just remembered a good one. There's a game for Sega with a little Dolphin. You go around the ocean doing a bunch of stuff. I found it pretty fun. I think it may ahve been called Echo or something along those lines.
It's called Ecco the Dolphin and it's on VC

PikachuSSBM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tsuzama
Oh, just remembered a good one. There's a game for Sega with a little Dolphin. You go around the ocean doing a bunch of stuff. I found it pretty fun. I think it may ahve been called Echo or something along those lines.

Then games that are sorta Manga/Anime/Cartoon based. Haven't had one of those for a long time so whatever.

Of course, who doesn't love looking like a ******* pressing arrows with his feet. See the South Park episode when "It's On!" and the form a dance crew. :p

You're no fun :)

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
I love Ecco the Dolphin. I was afraid it was my childhood memories making it better than what it was, but I bought it on VC and loved it again. Haha. It was originally on Sega, btw.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Sonic Heroes? Just beause everyone goes "ZOMG!!! SAWNIK HIROWES FANBOI!!!1!!"

But it's basically cause I'm a Sonic fan like from ever since the first game came out.

(Same is applied to Shadow the Hedgehog... especially this game).

I'd probably be ashamed to say that I like Panel de Pon too. ^^

Leahdybug

Smash Journeyman
Yeah let me say Im surprised anyone had mentioned the following . I always heard Harvest moon was awesome. Sonic games? They arnt entertaining in the least to people? Kingdom hearts O.O uh ...seriously? Zelda ermmmm wtf? Mario games??

Very interesting in deed. I remember almost being embarrased about pokemon and then I remember Im not running around like a fangurl about the stuff I enjoy, so pokemon is win for me.Although I had to ask a few questions to the people who got into pearl why they liked it because for one the pokemon desgins looked crazy. Was it worth it because R and B was awesome the next two were cool, 3rd set was neat and then I was like crap they are still making the games O.O.

I would say I was a bit embarrassed about saying I like X-2, because they did turn it into a whole girl power thing and as a chick I was like O.O what just happened...?I was captivated by the idea of seeing what they did with the characters and............had a cursh on payne so I had to play. The battle system was awesome I had so much fun with the jobs. I loved the idea behind the jobs too, how they were intergrated.

Its interesting to know im assuming some of the people responding are younger individuals cause some of those games are just awesome but who knows everyone is different.

S2

Smash Lord
dead or alive volleyball..
I can empathize with you on this one.

Nearly every game in this topic are games people won't admit enjoying because they are kind of childish. This is a game that even if you enjoy it, most people look at and assume your a pervert nerd for playing it.

That being said, I don't have this one (that's why I said empathy). At least with regular DOA you can simply enjoy the fighting game, even if its full of digital eyecandy. Its hard to justify the volleyball game though, even if you are playing it for the volleyball.

slimpyman

Smash Journeyman
monkey ball 1 is awesome... haha i am the best monkey target man around.

and for the record, i play all games with my buddies around and they say the same crap, this game looks like its for kids

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Pokemon, Diddy Kong Racing (its awesome), and and minnies circus mystery (SNES). Also a Flinstones game I had for my Snes, it was fun.

e319

Smash Apprentice
Lawl! You play with Mickiez :laugh:

(I kid, I kid.)

My pick would be Sarges Heroes 2 for N64. For a game (and a series) that most people consider to be made of pure suck, I had alot of fun with it.
I have the first Sarge's heroes and i liked it. Something about blowing toys up in a bathroom just radiates fun to me....

Cookiez

Smash Ace
Ohh i'm not embarassed to play it at all. But at an all male school there seems to be a slight... dogma on anything pokemon related hehe ;).

D

Deleted member

It's all because of the anime. The anime was made somewhat light-heartedley made so when people think of Pokemon, they think of it as a "Little Kids Series". If you ask me, they should have either made the anime darker, or not at all. The reason why they released the anime in the US was probably to promote the forthcoming Red & Blue games; The anime made it to the US a few weeks before the games.

MSK

Smash Rookie
Pokemon Pinball by far. All those terrible Final Fantasy RPGs on the OG Game Boy and Ehrgeiz: God Bless the Ring are other notables.

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
Aidyn Chronicles - the first mage... I found the battle system interesting. >.> I never got past the snowy area, the game decided to crap on me so I had to start all over again.

Gangsta_inc

Smash Ace
NNID
Combo_Knight
No one has said it yet.

Shaq Fu...

That game Rox. When your good at it.
*Equips Pandora`s Box*

PikachuSSBM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tsuzama
You...you don't like Pokemon?!

BLASHPHEMY!

^^

Pika iz da cutzest :D
Agreed wholeheartedly.

Also, ive said it numerous times..

DDR
Pokemenz
Kingdom Hearts Series
Kirby st00fz
mario. (not popular in my area. hanging around streets and drinking is..) -.-
Naruto DS and PSP games.
Tales of the abyss + phantasia.
Chrono Trigger.

All RPGs basicly.

Oh Oh and fifa street 2.

DJcream

Smash Rookie
Arcana Hearts

This is a fighting game that is frowned upon by the competitive fighting game community (aka Shoryuken.com) because it's so anime-inspired.

Then there's other games such as...
- Twinkle Star Spirits (once again, cutesy anime-inspired by very crazy vertical shooter)
- Harvest Moon (farming game, ftw)
- Persona 3 (i don't know why but I was playing this with friends around and felt embarrassed)

PikachuSSBM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tsuzama
i loved sonic next-gen it was amazing fun finding glitches.

Sonic adventure was annoyingly fun.

My favorite 3D sonic IS next gen. the solaris boss was amazing. <3

CivicSmash

Smash Apprentice
why would you be embarrassed to like a game that you like? It doesn't make any sense. Its an oxymoron.

CivicSmash

Smash Apprentice
if you like the song pop from n'sync you need to seriously re-evaluate your life. I would make fun of someone for liking this song, a lot. Its different with videogames. Why would someone be embarrased to like a videogame? You need higher self esteem if you will feel bad about your freinds making fun of you for liking a videogame. Seriously. Besides, if you like it, who really cares what others think?

Jzzy

Smash Rookie
To be honest, I have yet to play a bad Naruto game.
I know this is on the first few pages but still...

I think all stateside released naruto games are horrible, but I can't drag myself away from them. The first two CON had very little depth that was based purely around baiting and well placed parries. 4 is an awesome game and the wii ones are good as well.

The same goes for the ps2 ones. 1 and 2 were god awful, but three and Accel, the shippuden version, is one of the most balanced (besides guilty gear) and fun games I've ever played.

BUT NEWAIZ

For me One Piece: Grand Adventure. The game was like Power Stone mixed with random cliche fighting game features (Animation canceling, Assist, Super Moves/Secret Arts/Hyper Combos/etc). Overall it was a fun game... But if I played with the volume on... Those 4kids voices made me shut the blinds and lock the door, for if someone saw me playing it... I'd die of embarrassment.

Top Bottom